Tennis: 10th - 16th January

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Sport Tennis Event J Isner vs J Monaco Selection Over 23.5 Games (Asian Handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 13/01/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.87 (Back) Reasoning Here will meet two good players.J Isner won in first round with Garcia Lopez in 3 sets,while J Monaco won in 2 sets with Zeballos.Tonight will play the players from 30th place(Monaco) with 33th place(Isner).Will be certainly a balanced game and I do not exclude a game with 3 sets or 2 sets very balanced.So,I try a pick with over 23,5 games. :hope

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January

Cramer' date=' I have noticed that all your bets are 10/10 strength. Is this how much you are staking on each i.e. 10 points or your confidence level of the event happening?[/quote'] Hi, that's just to do with sports-punter.com rules. The most you can bet on prices

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Sport Tennis Event E Dementieva vs D Safina Selection D Safina Strength 10/10 Date 13/01/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.56 (Back) Reasoning E Dementieva won last round in 3 sets with D Hantuchova,while Safina won in 2 sets with A Radwanska(10th place in WTA).D Safina said she want again to have a very good year,how was 2009.Taking into account Dementieva had difficulties with Hantuchova,losing a set,while Safina won relatively easy with Radwanska,I bet on Safina,because I think she is the better player in this meeting.The odds are generous. :beer

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January tomorro is the first round of the us open qualifiers and i have been studying the form of a lot of the players involved and looking for mistakes by the bookies!! (they havent really made any howlers....not like the old days...its a struggle)but anyway,ive found a few that i like!!! first match i really like is peter polansky to beat marcel ilhan at 8-11 with paddypowers! polansky is a talented player with a very useful backhand (temperment and motivation at times suspect) but he has the game 2 mix with the big boys!!last year he came through qualification in all the grand slam events.....and was one of the few qualifiers to put up a good show in the main draw....he lost in 5 sets to andreev in australia,petschner in france and g lopez in the us!! i just think he saves his beat tennis 4 these grand slam events and is a class ahead of ilhan....who got 2 d second round of the us open last year (but beat poor christophe rochus in 5) and hasnt had any other results of note either b4 that performance or after it!!!polansky loves the big stage and has the class 2 win this one at a good price of 8-11! BET OF THE DAY....PETER POLANSKY TO BEAT MARCEL ILHAN AT 8-11 PPS!!

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January another bet i like is dolgopolov to beat stadler at 4-7!!dolgopolov won me a lot of money last year in challengers but i think he's ready 2 step it up a notch to tier one tennis!!he's young,good serve,solid consistent groundstrokes,determined and a good temperment....wins a lot of tiebreaks!!he looks in good nick this year,beat tomic and pushed stepanek really close last week which bodes well! stadler on his day can be a handful,attacking and good at the net but he's very inconsistent and even if he does bring his a-game i still think dolgopolov will b 2 good! the price is short 4 single bet but worth it i think!! TIP...DOLGOPOLOV TO BEAT STADLER 4-7 PADDYPOWERS!!

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January i had a big bet on medina garrigues yesterday despite the move for alla which really surprised me......but i'm thinkin dulko for tomorro!!game matches up well 2 garrigues and she has a 2-0 head to head! lead! anyone else got any thoughts? i also fancy zheng against bondarenko at 4-5....alona is in good form but i think zheng has that extra mental toughness! also backed suarez navarro at 8-11 against molik.....class ahead i reckon!! id be all over this price if it was d first round of the australian!!navarro loves her grand slams!

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January finally, got some more tips i was thinkin about for the aussie open qualies!! cant go into detail coz it would take me ages!! most of them r 50/50 shots coz there's no point in tipping the short odds as single bets! stoppini to beat klizan at 4-5! groth to beat delgado 2-1! de chaunac to beat dodig 8-11! ward to beat reid 4-6! oswald to beat brendan evans at 10-11. soeda to beat kavcic at 5-4! kontinen to beat niland at 5-6! maybe ventura to beat gremelmayer at 5-4! all with paddypowers...though stanjames do prices also and hills!

Sport Tennis
Event ATP Auckland Outright
Selection Juan Carlos Ferrero E/W (1/2' date=' 1-2) (Each-Way)
Strength 5/10
Date 16/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price VCBet @ 6.50 (Back)
Reasoning I wasn't planning an outright bet here, but I just looked at the draw and it is seriously good for JCF. To get to the semis he has bye, a qualifier (qualifying really weak in this tournament, it could be Dan Evans lol!) and possibly Montanes, a qualifier or a poor New Zeland wildcard. Considering the players in the rest of the draw that is seriously good. Semi final likely against Robredo, Isner or Monaco. Suppose he'd be slight outsider against Robredo but Tommy has a pretty tough route to the semis. Bottom half of the draw is tough to call, but the E/W part of this bet looks really appealing. Ferrero finished last year quite poorly but I think you could put that down to a lot of tennis in the summer where he was playing really well. He also had some toughish draws at the end of the year. Hopefully he's had a decent rest and can come out firing, as he can play extremely well in this part of the year.
That's my luck, turned his ankle during first match:wall

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Wouldn't touch Almagro mate. He's a better player, but not sure what shape the fella is in. Think he played doubles in Auckland already but Gicquel looked good vs Blake last week and dominated Rochus yesterday. Wouldn't be shocked to see Almagro win but wouldn't bet on it to be honest.

Sport Tennis
Event Andreas Seppi - Lleyton Hewitt
Selection Seppi
Strength 10/10
Date 01/13/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.23 (Back)
Reasoning The home crowd favourite is rated by the bookies with much better chances than the italian but I have to disagree with that as first of all from the difference level point of view Hewitt is not already the same player as in the past but he is still overrated. Secondly, Andreas Seppi is a great baseliner, he can be a stable defender and he has better chances against Hewitt's style of play as can cope very well with all those long rallies which for other players certain this could be the main problem. Speaking about form Lleyton didn't still didn't proved nothing special at Hopman Cup, just another reason for why should not be so overrated. Surely that Hewitt will have the advantage of playing at home but these odds are anyway too exaggerated as Seppi's style will always have a real chance against Hewitt. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January R. Gasquet vs B. Becker: Taking Gasquet to win @ 1.33 with Paddy Power here. Gasquet is a player with a false ranking at the moment as his ability is far better than his current position as 53rd best in the world. This season is a major one for him as he looks to climb upto the top 10 where a player with his ability should really be. He met an on form Andy Roddick in the quarters at Brisbane last week and lost in straight sets after previously seeing off Nieminen and Ebden with no major scares and looked good doing so, considering it is so early in the season. His backhand is a joy to watch and is up amongst the best around whilst his hardcourt record overall is fairly good. Becker played at Doha last week where he lost in the last 16 vs Ivo Karlovic. He is a journeyman player in my opinion and although he is currently above Gasquet in the rankings, at 39, expectations of him going into tournaments are alot lower. He has lost more than he has won on hardcourts on the main tour, but has won lesser events on the surface on the challenge tour, and when he comes up against the better players he is often found lacking the ability to step his game up a gear. Overall, if Gasquet is serious about getting back up the rankings he needs to be beating players like Becker. A good Australian Open from his will help hi achieve his ranking goal so will be wanting to go into next week in good form. Good Luck Everyone.

SportTennis
EventAzarenka, Victoria (BLR) - Cibulkova, Dominika (SVK)
SelectionAzarenka
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2010
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 1.58 (Back)
ReasoningAzarenka yesterday has porblems with Date Krumm from Japan who is low ranked clicnhig a three sets win taking third set 7-5, while Cibulkova defeated top 5 player Kuzntesova in straight sets, but I think today will be little different because Azarenka show excellent fit last week at Hophfman cup when she defeated Venus, if Azarenka who leads 4-1 against Cibulkova including three easy win on a hard court of three matches, she loose on a clay last season, so if she plays like last week she will win this in two sets.

SportTennis
EventDementieva, Elena (RUS) v Safina, Dinara (RUS)
SelectionSafina
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.58 (Back)
ReasoningDementieva has three stragiht win over this opponent but the series is tied between 5-5, all that three last matches were on a hard court but two of them were three sets decider. Safina is number 2 in WTA rankings while five years older and 2 cm. shorter Elena is number 5. I watch Safina yesterday she is in incredible fit, hitting powerful an over the court, looking for the lines, she defeated easy Radwanska in straight sets, while Dementieva has too big prolbems with the veteran Hantuchova loosing a set there but struggle the win in third. Dementieva didn't start the year well at Hophfman cup, so I think its time Safina come back in the series, if Safina play as yesterday this time will be different and she gona win.

SportTennis
EventDokic J. (Aus) - Peer S. (Isr)
SelectionDokic
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.44 (Back)
ReasoningWhen Dokic plays Australia she is playing far better than anywhere in the world. Last season at this time she won many matches as underdog, I expekt this year again. She use her mental ability and is backed up by local people. These two never played before, Peer is number 30 in WTA ranking while Dokic 58, but I think today the ranking has matter beacuse Dokic. Last week Dokic showed some good tennis against Ivanovic taking a set to 1, but loose the match in three sets. Peer reached the semis at Auckland where she was stoped by Wickmayer in two sets. If Dokic use her big serving and didnt miss easy balls I think she will win.

Auckland - John Isner vs Juan Monaco: Monaco at 1.90 I watched Monaco completely dismantle Horacio Zeballos last night and a few things stand out. His serve has improved - he admitted he's been working on it over the close season. He's moving well and his forehand is thunderous. Conversely, I thought Isner looked jaded when he played Garcia-Lopez yesterday. The court is slower than he would like (this helps Monaco) and he's not getting as many cheap points on serve. Monaco has the skills to out-rally him. Isner struggles in the heat and this match is being played a lunch-time in New Zealand - it'll be hot. I think Monaco will fancy his chances here and will be able to pick off the American. Bet strength: 3pts Auckland - Phillipp Kohlschreiber vs Thomaz Bellucci: Bellucci at 1.80 These two haven't met before but it is clear to see that the Brazilian is on an upward curve in form, while Kohlschreiber is struggling. The German has the ability but something isn't clicking at the moment with him. His serve, in particular, is letting him down, and Bellucci has the game to take this. He is a lefty, has a big serve and loves to attack with the forehand. The plexicushion surface in Auckland will help his game too - he prefers the court to be slightly slower. I think Kohlschreiber will find the Brazilian a tough nut to crack and I'm willing to back Bellucci to make it through. Bet strength: 3pts Sydney - Viktor Troicki vs Marcos Baghdatis: Troicki at 2.08 I'm a bit surprised to see Baghdatis the favourite here. Troicki showed that fitness and fatigue aren't a problem when he disposed of Florent Serra yesterday and he's taking on a player who is so inconsistent with his performances at the moment. Troicki's got a much more consistent serve and he has big groundstrokes that might be too much for Baghdatis. I see similarities in Berdych's game when you look at Troicki and Baghdatis really struggled to get to grips with that. The Serb should not be this price, and I'm willing to snap it up. Bet strength: 2pts Sydney - Stanislas Wawrinka vs Julien Benneteau: Benneteau at 2.50 Wawrinka leads 1-0 on the H2H but after a tough week in Chennai, where he made the final, I think the Swiss may come up short here. Benneteau is a good hard court player and he did well to take out Dudi Sela so comfortably in the last round. He's got a nice, compact game and he'll stick with Wawrinka. The Swiss has got all the shots but he throws in the odd howler and that may come here. He'll have one eye on Melbourne and going out would not be a complete tragedy here. Bet strength: 1pt Sydney - Pablo Cuevas vs Leonardo Mayer: Cuevas at 2.23 I hummed and hawed over this one and eventually gave in. Cuevas likes this court, it's slow and that suits his game. Mayer has shown in the US and indoors that he's far better on a faster hard court and was quite lucky to beat Igor Andreev in the last round. Mayer leads the H2H 2-0 and those matches were on clay, but I like Cuevas and he is an improving player, one who can cause the lesser lights a lot of problems. He has a big serve and also a nice backhand. Mayer is no mug but the odds of 2.23 are a little too generous in my opinion. Worth a look. Bet strength: 1pt
Ouch. That stung. Like a nettle up my jacksie. Monaco was in a good position but Isner came back. Kohli did really well. Cuevas flumped. Troicki, don't know what happened there. Benneteau was a push as Wawrinka retired. Let's hope for a better day tomorrow. Did anyone come out in profit overnight?

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Hi guys, Hoping for a successful 2010 season :-)) 1 pick for Heineken Open ATP tournament in New Zealand tomorrow: MONTANES TO D LAMMER @ 1.49 on betfair Clay court players really had good success on medium-slow courts in Australia with high bouncing surface. Montanes quite a few good results on Australian hard courts in the past years and he is consistently one of the better clay courters winning ATP tournaments (Estoril and Bucharest in 2009). Lammer is a Challenger level player who will be forced into unforced errors by a very consistent Montanes.

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January sorry about my polansky tip..i really thought he'd be too good! he obviously was out of sorts 4 some reason...not himself!!thats the danger of betting on matches based on paper without any immediate form or inside knowledge 2 go on!!! dolgopolov let me down too!!but had a few winners which softened the blow a bit! bad day though overall!! at least with the second round of qualies we know where we stand a little regarding players form!! still have a good feeling about the ausssie open.....but a good draw is crucial!!!!

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Robredo to beat Isner @ 8/13 (Paddy Power) Think Robredo is playing pretty well right now. Beat Isner in the Exhibition last week before going onto win it against Murray.Can't say I like Isner much to be honest. Very limited player and has came through two tough matches against Garcia-Lopez and Monaco. But Robredo is another step up in class. Isner hasn't been serving so great and Robredo should be able to move him around the court and play to his weaknesses. Gonzalez x Gasquet Double @ Evens (William Hill) Wouldn't usually place money on an exhibition match but think Gonzalez will beat Haas. Tommy has been struggling for a number of months now with form and illness aswell.Both lost matches here already but think this is a good match-up for Gonzalez..leads H2H 5-1. Also can't see any problems for Gasquet in Sydney versus Starace. Gasquet is looking pretty impressive and comfortably beat Becker. Don't think Starace can cause as much problems as Becker, typical clay courter and has benefitted from some nice draws beating Gil twice in the last two events and a retirement from Gimeno-Traver. Gasquet is a step up in class, looks motivated to do well here and should win. GL!

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Albert Montanes (Auckland, vs Lammer) x Lleyton Hewitt (Sydney, vs Baghdatis: Double at 2.37 Don't often dabble in the double market but here goes. Montanes takes on a Swiss player who is extremely lucky to be in the quarters. He faced Dan Evans in round 1 - and dropped a set - before Juan Carlos Ferrero retired through injury. He faces a player who is hitting well and likes the slower hard court. He should have too much quality for Lammer. As for Hewitt, he'll want to put on a show on home turf and I can't trust Baghdatis, in his current shape, to beat two decent players in a row (d. Troicki last night). H2Hs stand at 1-1 but I see Hewitt as the fitter player and he bludgeoned Andreas Seppi last night 6-0 6-2 - he means business here. Bet strength: 2pts

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Bad start for me, -6.7pts for the day:sad. Lets try make a profit tonight. Three for me tonight with high stakes. Kohlschreiber v Gicquel - 8pts on Kohlschreiber @ 1.64 Kohlschreiber was absolutely terrific against Bellucci last night. Made 71% of his first serve in the second set and if he serves anything like he did against Bellucci I think he will rip Gicquel apart. Gicquel destroyed Almagro who hasnt played in ages so dont get to bogged down into scoreline. Both players making a strong start to the year, Kohlschreiber winning 2 out of 2 and Gicquel winning 3 out 4. I feel Kohlschreiber has enough in the tank to win this match. H2H is 1-0 to Kohlschreiber. Odds maybe a little short but still going to have a punt at it. Azarenka v Dementieva - 8pts on Elena Dementieva 1.66 Bit low again but watched the Dementieva Safina match and Dementieva was brilliant. Theres a question mark over her second serve but she was only broken once whereas she broke powerful Safina 5 times in the match. Azarenka got lucky against Cibulkova who definitely had her opportunities to win the match. Both players have won their 3 matches this year, but Dementieva has lost one 1 set to Azarenka's 3. H2H is 2-1 to Dementieva. Should be a close game but Dementieva should have enough class to overcome Azarenka. Peer v Suarez Navarro - 7pts on Peer to win 2-0 @ 2.1 Definite difference in quality and form here plus a nice price too. Dokic is a good but had no opportunites to break Peers serve. Peer only lost 11 points on her serve throughout the match, which is remarkable against a player of Dokics' calibre. She also broke Dokic's serve on 4 occassions. Molik broke Suarez Navarro's serve 5 times and her second serve is extremely weak. Peer only lost one match this year to Wickmayer and Suarez Navarro has had sokme easy opponents winning 3 out of her last 4. H2H is 2-0 to Peer. Peer should be too powerful for Suarez Navarro and should be an easy game for her. :hope

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Some pathetic performances by a several players yesterday, but it's a week before a slam and their main goal is to make sure they are in some decent form and stay fresh for the upcoming week, not to win their matches even they are capable to do so! Think i'm gonna try a few today based on the belief above, so far pick Robredo to win in straight sets @ 2,50 as Isner already had few tough tests, he's bad baseliner and Robredo is a really bad match-up for him. One of those will hurry to take a rest, maybe do some shopping in Sydney (by the example of Bellucci, Troicki, Berdych, Penneta..), everything points that it will be Isner :hope 4 units

Some pathetic performances by a several players yesterday, but it's a week before a slam and their main goal is to make sure they are in some decent form and stay fresh for the upcoming week, not to win their matches even they are capable to do so! Think i'm gonna try a few today based on the belief above, so far pick Robredo to win in straight sets @ 2,50 as Isner already had few tough tests, he's bad baseliner and Robredo is a really bad match-up for him. One of those will hurry to take a rest, maybe do some shopping in Sydney (by the example of Bellucci, Troicki, Berdych, Penneta..), everything points that it will be Isner :hope 4 units
So true, 2 of my outright selections ( monfils, nalbandian ) didn´t even turn up at the event...:spank

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Taking one at small stakes for the Aussie Open qualifiers, think it's on tomorrow but expect odds to drop: Witten to beat Niland @ 4/6 Remember Witten from the US Open last year, had a great run there beating Andreev, Maximo Gonzalez(who I had backed in that match....:lol) and taking a set off Djokovic. Can't say I've seen much of him since but looks like many early losses in challenger tournaments. However comfortable in first round of qualifiers. Niland is a player I've only seen a few times and he's pretty average. Pushed Darcis in the Doha qualifiers but not alot to mention in his career. Witten is stronger, and has better game for hard-court in my view. Should do better in the heat aswell. Only worry is Wittens fitness, always looks sluggish....but will take this anyway.

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Another bad day on the wrong side of retirements and tank jobs.

Sport Tennis
Event Albert Montanes v Michael Lammer
Selection Michael Lammer
Strength 10/10
Date 14/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.30 (Back)
Reasoning Watched Montanes in his last match and he was very poor. He's definately not a hard court player and was struggling with timing. He's had an incredibly soft draw, playing guys ranked 456 and 332. Statham should have had the frist set against him yesterday but bottled the set points. Lammer isn't much of a player, but he came through qualifying and benefitted from Ferreros injury yesterday. Unbelievable one of these guys will be in a 250 hard court semi final but they will. This is a great opportunity for Lammer that will help his ranking massively for the next year. Montanes clearly the better player but I think this will be close and value on Lammer.