Tennis: 10th - 16th January

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January i'm with u on that one gooner all the way!! being an irishman i know a little bit about our national treasure conor niland!!in fairness 2 him he's done well for himself!!but he's an average player and has never been past round 2 in any grand slam qualifier ever!! witten was extremely impressive both in qualifyin and in reachin rd 3 and taking a set of joker!!he's been shiite since then but the first round comfortable victory bodes well and he should be class above!! i expect niland 2 be nervous also...at 2 chance 2 qualify 4 his first ever grand slam!!might not play the big points well!!but i'll say this....if he does qualify 4 the main draw.....there'll be dancing in the streets in this country!! we might even have 2 take an early bank holiday!!! TIP....JESSE WITTEN TO BEAT CONOR NILAND 4-6!!!STAN JAMES

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January i also think a pretty safe accumulator is gasquet and montanes at 4-6 wit boyles!! gasquet is in great form and though starace has improved on hardcourts (i love that mans inside to out forehand) motivated gasquet is simply a big class above!i saw monaco against plucky local boy statham (one 2 watch) and i thought he played very well!! he has a deceptively good serve and great forehand!! he's mentally very tough actually and when he gets a sniff at the latter stages of a tournament he generally wont be found wanting! i saw lammer against olaso and really he didnt impress me much...expect montanes 2 be much superior from d back of the court! TIP...GASQUET,MONACO DOUBLE WITH BOYLES 4-6!

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January

Sport Tennis
Event Elena Dementieva v Victoria Azarenka
Selection Elena Dementieva
Strength 10/10
Date 14/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.61 (Back)
Reasoning Going against Azarenka again. She's now had 3 really tough matches and lost her serve another 6 times against Cibulkova. Surely Dementieva will bet the one to put her away. Dementieva has been pretty solid this week will just 1 set lost and fairly comfortable matches. Watched her against Safina and she was playing well and I think she's take this one readily.

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January i like bobby kendrick to beat ryan sweeting!! kendrick is a player capable of mixing it with the big guns as he showed against murray and nadal in wimbledon over d years and djokovic in d us open 2 years ago!! its disappointing then that he hasnt made more of his career and has lacked plenty of consistency in the challengers!! however i think he raises it 4 the grand slams...he did well in them last year!got 2 d second round of d french and d us open and took a set off soderling and murray in d other two slams!he beat rising star dimitrov in d first round qualifying which is very promising!! sweeting is a dangerous opponent with explosive groundstrokes and if he's on his A-game id be worried!but he's a bit of a headcase,he doesnt play d big points that well and has serious concentration problems!! bobby is more solid i reckon and sweeting is the guy with it all 2 prove!!i think the 4-5 going about bobby is great value!! 1pt win bobby kendrick 4-5 to beat sweeting paddypowers1 good luck

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January there doesnt seem to be much value in the mens qualifiers tomorro! but i really think theres great value in the womens!! i have some very confident picks...i wont go into detail but lets just say i have them numbered in order of my favourite and most confident picks!!here we go: 1)llagosteres vives to beat madison brengle at 8-11! 2)monique adamczak to beat hofmanova at 8-11! 3) betthanie mattek to beat julia vakulenko at 5-6! if anyone wants explanations ill post them later1

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January other bets that u can still get on and i really fanct are as follows!! in order of my favourite bets!! 1)dominguez lino to beat hrdinova at 4-6! 2)schruff to beat zhang 3)mirkovic to beat rodion at evensova at 11-10 4)korytseva to beat savchuk at 4-6! 5)fuda to beat palkina at 8-11! 6)gullickson 2 beat doj at 4-6 7)zac pekiric to beat fujiwara at 8-11 possibly! im very confident that these bets will lead to profit so good luck!

i like bobby kendrick to beat ryan sweeting!! kendrick is a player capable of mixing it with the big guns as he showed against murray and nadal in wimbledon over d years and djokovic in d us open 2 years ago!! its disappointing then that he hasnt made more of his career and has lacked plenty of consistency in the challengers!! however i think he raises it 4 the grand slams...he did well in them last year!got 2 d second round of d french and d us open and took a set off soderling and murray in d other two slams!he beat rising star dimitrov in d first round qualifying which is very promising!! sweeting is a dangerous opponent with explosive groundstrokes and if he's on his A-game id be worried!but he's a bit of a headcase,he doesnt play d big points that well and has serious concentration problems!! bobby is more solid i reckon and sweeting is the guy with it all 2 prove!!i think the 4-5 going about bobby is great value!! 1pt win bobby kendrick 4-5 to beat sweeting paddypowers1 good luck
there doesnt seem to be much value in the mens qualifiers tomorro! but i really think theres great value in the womens!! i have some very confident picks...i wont go into detail but lets just say i have them numbered in order of my favourite and most confident picks!!here we go: 1)llagosteres vives to beat madison brengle at 8-11! 2)monique adamczak to beat hofmanova at 8-11! 3) betthanie mattek to beat julia vakulenko at 5-6! if anyone wants explanations ill post them later1
other bets that u can still get on and i really fanct are as follows!! in order of my favourite bets!! 1)dominguez lino to beat hrdinova at 4-6! 2)schruff to beat zhang 3)mirkovic to beat rodion at evensova at 11-10 4)korytseva to beat savchuk at 4-6! 5)fuda to beat palkina at 8-11! 6)gullickson 2 beat doj at 4-6 7)zac pekiric to beat fujiwara at 8-11 possibly! im very confident that these bets will lead to profit so good luck!
Good luck smeg, tend to leave the quallies alone but agree with what you say on Kendrick. Will probably stick with my aforementioned double, which now only needs Hewitt, but hope they come up for you nonetheless :ok

Albert Montanes (Auckland' date= vs Lammer) x Lleyton Hewitt (Sydney, vs Baghdatis: Double at 2.37 Don't often dabble in the double market but here goes. Montanes takes on a Swiss player who is extremely lucky to be in the quarters. He faced Dan Evans in round 1 - and dropped a set - before Juan Carlos Ferrero retired through injury. He faces a player who is hitting well and likes the slower hard court. He should have too much quality for Lammer. As for Hewitt, he'll want to put on a show on home turf and I can't trust Baghdatis, in his current shape, to beat two decent players in a row (d. Troicki last night). H2Hs stand at 1-1 but I see Hewitt as the fitter player and he bludgeoned Andreas Seppi last night 6-0 6-2 - he means business here. Bet strength: 2pts
This week's tournaments proving a little tougher than last week's. Hewitt loses in three sets to Baghdatis after Montanes cruised past Lammer. Well done to all who had winners.

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January there doesnt seem to be much value in the mens qualifiers tomorro! but i really think theres great value in the womens!! i have some very confident picks...i wont go into detail but lets just say i have them numbered in order of my favourite and most confident picks!!here we go: 1)llagosteres vives to beat madison brengle at 8-11! 2)monique adamczak to beat hofmanova at 8-11! 3) betthanie mattek to beat julia vakulenko at 5-6! if anyone wants explanations ill post them later1 other bets that u can still get on and i really fanct are as follows!! in order of my favourite bets!! 1)dominguez lino to beat hrdinova at 4-6! 2)schruff to beat zhang 3)mirkovic to beat rodion at evensova at 11-10 4)korytseva to beat savchuk at 4-6! 5)fuda to beat palkina at 8-11! 6)gullickson 2 beat doj at 4-6 7)zac pekiric to beat fujiwara at 8-11 possibly! im very confident that these bets will lead to profit so good luck! GOOOD DAY WITH THE WOMENS QUALIFIERS! 8 WINS 2 LOSSES (NO PRICE SHORTER THAN 4-6) ALSO, KENDRICK LET ME DOWN IN D MENS BUT LUCKY ENOUGH ILHAN DID THE BUSINESS AGAINST BOGDANOVIC....(CANT REALLY GO WRONG BACKING AGAINST BOGGERS IN D QUALIES AGAINST A REASONABLE PLAYER) WILL HAVE MORE TIPS LATER! CHEERS FOR THE COMMENT ATKO....I THOUGHT HEWITT WOULD WIN THAT ONE MYSELF.....BUT SURE ITS ALL ABOUT THE MAIN DRAW 2MORO!!

i also think a pretty safe accumulator is gasquet and montanes at 4-6 wit boyles!! gasquet is in great form and though starace has improved on hardcourts (i love that mans inside to out forehand) motivated gasquet is simply a big class above!i saw monaco against plucky local boy statham (one 2 watch) and i thought he played very well!! he has a deceptively good serve and great forehand!! he's mentally very tough actually and when he gets a sniff at the latter stages of a tournament he generally wont be found wanting! i saw lammer against olaso and really he didnt impress me much...expect montanes 2 be much superior from d back of the court! TIP...GASQUET,MONACO DOUBLE WITH BOYLES 4-6!
user_offline.gifreport.gif THAT WAS SUPPOSED 2 BE MONTANES WIT GASQUET BUT IM SURE PEOPLE REALIZE THAT!! I WAS REALLY CONFIDENT ABOUT THIS ONE ACTUALLY!!! THOUGHT MONTANES WAS GREAT PRICE EVEN AT 2-5.....WASNT A DOUBT IN MY MIND!! EASY 2 SAY THAT IN HINDSIGHT OF COURSE! GOOD PICK ON ELENA CRAMER! progress.gif

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Good solid wins for Dementieva and Kohlschreiber, Peer let me down. Good 3.4pts profit though. Two bets for me tonight in one game. S Williams v Dementieva - 4pts on Dementieva @ 2.42 and S Williams v Dementieva - 8pts on OVER 22.5 games @ 1.9 I believe these odds will fall to under 2.3 before the game as its going to be a very popular and valuable bet. Both ladies have made a great start to the year winning their first 4 games. However Dementieva has had the tougher opposition beating Safina and Azarenka in straight sets. I explained how good Dementieva was in my previous post and she proved that by losing only four games against Azarenka. She's serving well and hitting the ball very smoothly and will def. give Serena a tough tough game. Serena lost a set against Rezai and was playing distinctly average for a player of her calibre. She was broken 5 times during the match and if she gives these opportunites to Dementieva - she will get beaten. This should be a very close game and I feel it could easily go to three sets. If one bet works then we will see a profit. I think the values definitely with Dementieva and the overs here and will back her at these odds any day.

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Yeah terrible prices for tonight. Probably wouldn't have taken anyone regardless, too many question marks about motivation etc with the Slam coming up. Waiting for my last bet of the week tonight and will then wait for the big one in a few days.

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January loads of interesting matches tonight in the aussie open qualifiers!!the bets i really fanct are as follows: 1)llagosteres vives to beat voracova at 4-5 with paddypowers! 2)witten to beat niland at 8-13 (WAS 4-6) with pps! 3)joseph sirianni to beat jan minar at 8-11 with pps! 4) michael yani to beat sorenson at 8-11 with pps! 5)m bachinger to beat hocevar at 10-11 with hills! 6)ventura to beat evans at 8-11 with powers!! 7)pivovarova to beat kalashnikova with powers at evens! 8)dominguez lino to beat rodionova at 4-6 wit stan james 9) korytseva to beat fedak at a short price of 8-15! 10)mladenovic to beat dentoni at 8-13! i got 8 out of ten yesterday and i really feel these are good bets too!!if anyone needs reasons for a specific bet ill be on d site around ten again!!good luck!!cant wait 4 main draw tomoro!

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January No need for reasoning smeg, i'm goona follow you on all. Many other punters should do that after yesterdays eight of ten of yours, i believe! If you could just add how much did you stake on each selection. Or your confidence is reducing as we look at your selections from up to down?

Sport Tennis
Event John Isner v Albert Montanes
Selection John Isner -5.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 15/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.00 (Back)
Reasoning This seems worth a chance. Isner is fighting hard this week with 3 strong 3 set wins. Most importantly, he's actually breaking his opponents serve! He might he a bit tired coming into this, so should come out firing and want to take this in 2 sets. Montanes is garbage on hard courts. He couldn't dream of a better draw and Isner is a big step up. Montanes hasn't served so well so far and Isner should be able to create chances and I think he can take this easily.

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Montanes @ 3,25 bet365 2 units Odds on Isner are insane really, it's an over-reaction by the bookies after yesterdays win over Robredo. He already had three tough matches in a row and his fitness is a big question mark coming into this game. Crowd in Auckland will once again be on his side, but i think he'll fail in front of them this time. Watched Montanes against Statham and Lammer where he played great tennis and although the are far below Isner's quality, i think that Spaniard posses the game to frustrate Isner and take this match at the end. Odds are certainly worth of trying..

Sport Tennis
Event Philipp Kohlschreiber v Arnaud Clement
Selection Philipp Kohlschreiber -1.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 15/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 2.20 (Back)
Reasoning Should be comfortable for Kohlschreiber. He's got an excellent in Auckland and has found his game this week. He's breaking his opponents for fun and should be the same against Clement. Clement has picked up some very good scalps this week, but I don't see his level as the same as Kohlschreiber and this should finish 2-0.
Sport Tennis
Event Serena Williams v Elena Dementieva
Selection Elena Dementieva
Strength 10/10
Date 15/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.25 (Back)
Reasoning I like Dementieva in this match. H2H is close with Dementieva having quite a bit of success last year. This week Serena has had a couple of easy wins and a very tough match against Rezai. That's good enough prep for the Aussie and not sure how much she'll be interested in this. Dementieva beat her in the semi final of this tournament last year. Dementieva has looked very good this week and I'll take her to take the title.
Sport Tennis
Event Alona Bondarenko v Anabel Medina Garrigues
Selection Anabel Medina Garrigues
Strength 10/10
Date 15/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.52 (Back)
Reasoning Strange price I thought this would be close to evens. Medina Garrigues is higher ranked and the top seed for this tournament. I opposed her earlier in the tournament but she seems to be getting back towards top form. Alona Bondarenko has also played well this week but I just see this being close. Bondarenko leads H2H 2-1 but AMG won the last meeting last year on hardcourts where she started as 1.75 favourite.

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January hi repunt!! basically what i do is i bet to win 200 if i really fancy a bet,to win 100 if i fancy it and to win 50 if i just think there's value in the price!! i have backe dmatches 2 win 500 but that only happens 3 or 4 times a year! so for example if a player is 8-11 and i fancy him or her ill put 137.50 to win 100,if i really really fancy it, i'll put 275 on it!if i think a player is good value at 5-2,ill put 20 on it!! also, i like your reasoning on montanes....i disagree with cramer, i think he's serving quite well, he's mentally tough, has good forehand and lovely dropshot as im sure u enjoyed yesterday (though i think isner has a very good temperment too) but one thing ive noticed is that montanes isnt a great returner and i think he'll really struggle with isners serve! but he's got a chance and will be up 4 it! decent value,but i still think isner will win! also i hope my tips 4 the aussie qualies will come in.....even if 6 or 7 come in ill be happy!!but an 8 or above again would be magic!good luck

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January back again 4 the last time!!here are some more tips 4 the qualiifiers!! they're just value bets...the ten ive already posted are my serious bets!!most of these r underdogs!! 1)nara against perval 15-8 2)floris at 11-8 3)zac peskiric at 11-8 4)schruff at 5-6 5)rufin at evens 6)i also think kavcic, dodig and devarrman are dodgy short odds favourites that should be avoide in accumulators!! they still could win but very bad value! and lastly, i have one more big tip!! mattek to beat fichman at 4-7!i know the price is bit short 4 single bet but i have faith in betthanie!!

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Sport Tennis Event F Gonzalez vs I Ljubicic Selection F Gonzalez -3 (Asian Handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 15/01/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.94 (Back) Reasoning In this tournament,Gonzalez have 1 win and 1 defeat.He won with Tommy Hass 6-2,6-4 and lost with Fernando Verdasco,score 5-7,1-6.Ljubicic lost with Del Potro,3-6,3-6 and last with Soderling not closed,because it abandoned.I believe Gonzalez is the better player here,Ljubicic being to end career and this we can see in the poor results of it.I pick on Gonzalez with AH. :ok

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January Dementieva - S. Williams Dementieva is playing well at this tournoment . She beat Safina and Azerenka. On the other hand S.Williams did not play with top players at this tournoment. If this was a grand slam match , of course i will pick Serena to win the match. However , i don't think Serena is interested in tier 2 tournoments. I think , serena is thinking australian open at the moment. Dementieva has very low chance to win australian open. So this match is more important for Dementieva. Dementieva will have mental advantage over serena in this match. Dementieva to beat Serena @2.25

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January loads of interesting matches tonight in the aussie open qualifiers!!the bets i really fanct are as follows: 1)llagosteres vives to beat voracova at 4-5 with paddypowers! 2)witten to beat niland at 8-13 (WAS 4-6) with pps! 3)joseph sirianni to beat jan minar at 8-11 with pps! 4) michael yani to beat sorenson at 8-11 with pps! 5)m bachinger to beat hocevar at 10-11 with hills! 6)ventura to beat evans at 8-11 with powers!! 7)pivovarova to beat kalashnikova with powers at evens! 8)dominguez lino to beat rodionova at 4-6 wit stan james 9) korytseva to beat fedak at a short price of 8-15! 10)mladenovic to beat dentoni at 8-13! i got 8 out of ten yesterday and i really feel these are good bets too!!if anyone needs reasons for a specific bet ill be on d site around ten again!!good luck I ALSO TIPPED UP BETTHANIE MATTEK LATER ON AS ONE OF MY MAIN BETS! SO OVERALL FOR THE DAY IT WAS 6 WINS AND 5 LOSSES! VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS RESULT REALLY...I'M STILL VERY SURPRISED NILAND WON LIKE U GOONER BUT I HAVE A FEELING WITTEN BEAT HIMSELF! AND BACHINGER WAS 5-2 UP IN D THIRD BUT COMPLETELY BLEEW UP....BUT THATS SPORTS BETTING!SORRY REPUNT THAT I COULDNT GIVE YA A BETTER DAY!! BUT I HOPE YA GOT ON MY VALUE BETS......I PICKED 5 UNDERDOGS AND 4 OF THEM ONE! SO STILL IN PROFIT! WILL TRY AND HAVE SOME GOOD TIPS 4 THIS EVENING!! WHAT DO YA THINK OF THE MAIN DRAW??!!

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January back again 4 the last time!!here are some more tips 4 the qualiifiers!! they're just value bets...the ten ive already posted are my serious bets!!most of these r underdogs!! 1)nara against perval 15-8 2)floris at 11-8 3)zac peskiric at 11-8 4)schruff at 5-6 5)rufin at evens 6)i also think kavcic, dodig and devarrman are dodgy short odds favourites that should be avoide in accumulators!! they still could win but very bad value! and lastly, i have one more big tip!! mattek to beat fichman at 4-7!i know the price is bit short 4 single bet but i have faith in betthanie!! 4 WINS,ONE LOSS!!!ALL UNDERDOGS!!!! (WELL SCHRUFF WAS A 50-50 AND I DID HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS BUT THEY ALL COUNT) BETTHANIE DID D BUS TOO!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE PRICES OF THE MAIN DRAW MATCHES....WOMENS DRAW IS INTERESTING!!!

Sport Tennis
Event John Isner v Arnaud Clement
Selection Arnaud Clement
Strength 10/10
Date 16/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.38 (Back)
Reasoning Clement has been incredible this week, 4 excellent wins as an outsider without dropping a set. He's got a great game to take on Isner, with quality returns and passing shots. Plus when he is playing well his quality is very high. Isner has had a very good week, fighting hard. He showed Montanes up yesterday as the horrible hard court player that he is, but this will be very different. The way Clement is playing this week, it's hard to make Isner favourite.

Re: Tennis: 10th - 16th January i agree with ya there cramer.....and historically clement has a good enough record against big servers!! i think he's got a good record against ivo and his punchy style will likely keep isner guessing and on d back foot!! still john has a lot of bottle.... i think it will be close! by the way, very harsh words about montanes boss! he's not completely comfortable on hardcourts but he's game enough and once he settled into the match against isner he played quite well9 not amazing) but solid enough!! took isner 2 second set breaker and almost won it....would hardly call that horrible!!and he's taken sets off soderling,verdasco and given d likes of murray,hewitt and djokovic decent matches on hard courts!! i like him....and think ur words are harsh....thats all!! as i say he's no hard court world beater but far from horrible! good luck with the clement bet! and of course looking forward 2 ur tips over aussie open!!