Golf: European Tour 2010 - HSBC Champions

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb can i just say the performance of the week has to be Tom Watson's - he's now top 10 and likely to stay there. Just remarkable. Considering he doubled 18 yesterday it is even more stupendous :cheers

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb Well the pony-tailed one finally came good in this tournament - not before time. He held his nerve brilliantly, not least when holing a must make 15 footer on the 2nd extra hole. Westwood did have his chances and one another day would have got the job done but Mig well and truly did the business :-) It does go to show that horse for courses really can pay dividends, and i'll hopefully be able to ensure this wasn't just a total flash in the pan :drums :beer :beer:beer:beer:cheers:cheers:cheers:nana:nana:nana:moon:moon:moon:rollin:dude:dude:rollin

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb Delighted for you mate, awesome pick. Well done Elcaker:clap:clap:clap Great pick too by Cosmetic Bob with old timer Tom Watson. Hope you took the Top 10 on him mate, rather than just the outright EW.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb well done Elcaker, i am bit gutted as i backed him to be 1st rd leader and then he bloody wins the thing! Mcilroy had a poor back nine today & westwood as expected pulled it back. I should have laid off when the guy was 1.32 (and as low as 1.09) but without pictures its difficult! Hit the bar this week with Stenson, Mcilroy and Fisher all in the top 20. Look at stensosn last 3 rounds, pity about his 1st rd 76.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb

I fear the course may be too long for Tom, but good luck with your pick - I think I'd want 500's!! Having said that I would love it if he could give his fans a weekend showing - he is just such a great great man. Interestingly some of the European big guns have played in a warm up event on the Dubai Desert Creek course. WEstwood won it with a 62, and his putter was red hot. I am a big fan of Westwood but I'm not sure he represents tremendous value at 12's. One man who does interest me at the prices is Spaniard Miguel Angel Jiminez. He has not had the greatest start to 2010, but he did make the cut last week before a very poor weekend showing. Now I have no idea what kind of shape his game is in, or how seriously he was taking things over Saturday or Sunday. But I do know that over the last 5 years he has had 4 top 10's. 2005 T2ND 2006 T4TH 2007 T10TH 2008 T54TH 2009 T7TH I am a big believer in horses for courses and the 66/1 widely available is too good to be overlooked. 1.5pts e/w.
Well done Elcaker,I would not have thought it possible for Jiminez to win this from Thursday,but years of watching the Etour told me Sunday was a possible, albeit the tourney was like a hot potato the way they were passing it about,nobody wanted to win it. I watched the Betfair bet in play and Quiros dropped to about 1/5,I wonder if there are a few 3 irons stuck in the screen of the Plasma.:@ Anyway Like i say well done mate!:clap

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb A lot of the players here wont have too much form at this course or in India in general. This course was used for the Hero Honda Open on the Asian Tour last year and the Johnnie Walkers Champs in 2008, however, this course has also been used a number of times in the past few years on the India Tour. Tempted on both Bhullar and Randhawa who have outstanding records here (and Bhullar won 5 out of 7 tournaments on the Indian Tour last year), however, in these kind of tournaments, there can be some strange places/winners thrown out so I'm backing the local challenge but at longer odds. Anirban Lahiri @ 81 ew Lahiri is one of the big things along with Bhullar coming up through the ranks in India at the moment. He showed his confidence by deciding to play the Dubai Desert Classic but missed the cut, hopefully he will have shaken off any winter rust before his home E-Tour tournament. Won his first tournament at the end of September and won another before the end of the year and ended up winning the Indian Tour Order of Merit. In his past 6 tournaments in India he has 5 top 5s including his two wins. In those 5 top 5s, it includes two tournaments at this course where he follwed up a 2008 11th place, by finishing 3rd and 2nd in his next appearances at this course. Hopefully he'll improve yet again and prove why he's thought of so highly. Ashok Kumar @ 101 ew Indian order of merit winner in 2007 has won 7 of his past 34 tournaments in India including the Indian Tour Championship in December; not bad. Additionally, in these he has 24 top 10s. Opened up his season witha 3rd place so shows that he doesnt have too much rust left and will be looking forward to this big tournament. Missed the cut in 2008 at the Johnnie Walker Champs but followed a poor 1st round up with a 69 in the second round showing that he can play the course in big company. In his other 4 attempts on this course, he has finished 8-3-6-3 so no complains on the course form. A guy who can win, has motivation, is playing well at the moment and can play the course. I'll take the 100/1. Mukesh Kumar @ 101 ew Another Kumar and another Indian Order of Merit winner (6times in fact!) which shows he can play in the Indian conditions. Finished 2nd in the OOM last year but still won 4times having won 4 times in the previous year - 8 wins in 2 years is a pretty good strike rate. in the Johnnie Walker Champs in 2008 here he was lying 21st after 3 rounds and finished 44th showing that he is relatively comfortable in the higher profile company (probably due to life experience being 44). His course form is pretty good having finished 4th in 2007, 2nd in 2008 and 12th in 2009; however, the clincher is that he won his last tournament in pretty convincing fashion. A big price for another proven local winner. Yes, they're speculative as any or all could completely freeze with the big crowds and players such as Darren Clarke (cant really think of anyone else!) playing but I'd prefer these odds to some of the others at very short odds. GL:hope

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb From the Asian Tour website.... China’s Liang Wen-chong has expressed his strong desire of getting his season off to a winning start by sacrificing his all-important annual Chinese Lunar New Year reunion dinner to compete at this week’s inaugural Avantha Masters. The Chinese Lunar New Year falls this weekend and while it has always been a tradition for Liang to celebrate the auspicious occasion, the 2007 Asian Tour Order of Merit champion has decided to give it a miss in pursuit for glory at the €1.5 million (approximately US$2.1 million) tri-sanctioned event between the Asian Tour, European Tour and Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI) from February 11-14. “As a professional, there are sacrifices to be made and this week’s event will be one of them. Hopefully I can bring home a big red packet for the family,” said Liang whose target is to take home the winner’s prize purse of €250,000. Liang came close to winning his second Asian Tour Order of Merit title last season but was piped by Thailand’s Thongchai Jaidee. Although the 2010 Asian Tour season has just started, Liang believes that a win at the DLF Golf and Country Club will give him a good head start. “This is a big event and I like to get my season off to a good start. I had a top-25 finish at the Sony Open in the US back in January and I’m feeling good about my form,” said the 31-year-old Chinese. India has been a happy hunting ground for Liang as he won his second Asian Tour title here in 2008 and he is looking forward to another happy return. “It’s always nice to return to the place that brought you fond memories. I hope I’ll leave here with sweet memories again at the end ofthe week,” said Liang. India’s SSP Chowrasia, who is one of the great success stories of Asian golf in recent times, is delighted to return and play in front of his home fans again. It has been two years since the 31-year-old secured his maiden Asian Tour triumph at home and he is looking to produce another memorable win over Asia’s and Europe’s best at this week’s marquee event in India. “I’ve always enjoyed playing at the DLF Golf and Country Club. I’ve changed my swing a little and I’m experiencing a better feel to my game. My form is very good,” said Chowrasia. Meanwhile Thailand’s Thaworn Wiratchant who is just one victory short of matching Thongchai’s decorated record of 12 victories is looking to extend his winning record since his last victory in Macau last year. “It’ll be nice to match Thongchai’s record, but I do not want to put too much pressure on myself now. I’ll go out there and play my best this week,” said Thaworn.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb And.... An inspired Jeev Milkha Singh, who recently welcomed the arrival of his newborn son, returns to home soil for this week's inaugural Avantha Masters and promises to put Indian golf firmly on the world map. The two-time Asian Tour number one celebrated the birth of his first child a fortnight ago and believes his son will give him the added motivation when he plays in front of the partisan crowd expected to gather at the DLF Golf and Country Club. “I’m going to try to win this week but I’m actually more excited about the baby. I spent more time in the hospital than at the golf course. The relief and the joy that I felt when one of the doctors came outside and informed us about the successful surgery, cannot be matched, or described in words. And when I first saw the baby, I had tears in my eyes,” said Singh, an Asian Tour honorary member. As one of Asia’s most decorated players, having won six times on the Asian Tour with additional victories recorded in Japan and Europe, he promises to show the home fans how much golf in India has progressed through the years at the €1.5 million (approximately US$2.1 million) tri-sanctioned event between the Asian Tour, European Tour and Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI) starting on Thursday. “I’m working together with my coach this week and I’m feeling good about my form. It’s always nice to win at home and I’ll go out there and do my best,” said Singh, who is also widely known as the face of modern golf in India. Singh will be the highest-ranked Indian player coming into this week’s event and is expected to be one of the main draw cards. “We’ve got all of our Indian boys playing here this week and we couldn’t ask for a better field. We usually play well at home and I hope we’ll do well again,” added the 38-year-old Indian who was presented with the prestigious Padmashri Award from the Indian Government for his contribution to sports, almost 50 years after his father, Milka Singh, an Olympic Sprinter received the same award in 1959 Other Indians expected to be among the mix include eight-time Asian Tour winner, Jyoti Randhawa and rising star, Gaganjeet Bhullar who won his second Asian Tour title in Bangkok last week. India’s C.Muniyappa will also return to the venue of his historic triumph last year and he is gearing up to create another upset. It was only four months ago that Muniyappa broke through in the most deserving way by winning his maiden Asian Tour title at the DLF Golf and Country Club and he is hoping to continue his fairytale run again. “Because of my win here last year, I gained quite a bit of publicity. I’ve more fans supporting me now and I hope not to let them down,” said Muniyappa. While the euphoria of that win is over, the 33-year-old, who is a former caddie, is hoping to keep his focus for the challenges that will await him this week. “Expectations of me will be higher this time but that’ll only make me work harder. There’s a lot of pressure playing in front of your fans at home and mentally I’ve to be strong. If I can do that, I should be able to do well this week,” said Muniyappa. Muniyappa’s rise to fame has been well-documented. He grew up working as a caddie earning only one rupee an hour but as fate would have it, he defied all odds to win his maiden Asian Tour title which came along with a winner’s purse of close to US$200,000. Since his career breakthrough, life for Muniyappa is still the same except he now calls a rented accommodation home and is waiting for the real estate prices to come down before making a decision of purchasing a flat. “I get more recognition now but I guess that’s also because everyone supports me as I come from a humble background. I don’t want to be treated like a big star. No matter whether I win or not, I still want to remain humble,” said Muniyappa. Meanwhile Australia’s Adam Blyth who enjoyed three top-10s last season looks to a winning start as he tees off for his first event of the 2010 Asian Tour season. “It’s my first week of the year and it’s exciting to see everyone back on the Asian Tour. I took a little bit of time off from golf during the break where I did nothing,” said Blyth. The Australian came close to a breakthrough victory in Malaysia and Indonesia last season but had to settle for a 10th and second place finish respectively. Having enjoyed a refreshing break from golf, Blyth is eager to get his campaign off to a winning start. “I feel very refreshed now and I just hope to play better and improve on my rankings this season,” added the 28-year-old Australian.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Avantha Masters 11-14 Feb Lets just say this weeks tourney hardly sets the pulse racing,but it is justified by the growth of the game in Asia.Darren Clarke aside there are not many Faces out there in India. It is hard to gauge course form so I will try and give a couple of pointers. This is how the winning nationality book looked on Monday GB&Ireland@ 3/1 Continental Europe@ 13/2 Rest of World@ 4/11 Now given that the course has Out of Bounds bordering some tight tree lined fairways you better hope whoever you pick can keep it on the short stuff and also out of numerous ponds&brooks which surround some holes. The presumption for myself is the R.O.W winner will probably be Indian possibly Malaysian/Thai so I have had a small interest on Shiv Kapur a young Indian Player who has ran very close to a Maiden Win on the Europeantour and belongs in better company than this. My other pick is Mardan Mamat who I am sure has already won on the tour and can hold his own here. There is a bit of talk about the Young Indian G.Bhuller,but I have never clapped eyes on him but he was taken in to 28/1 from 55,s on Betfair so maybe something there to keep an eye on,but what I would say is unless Jeev Milkha Singh or Darren Clarke strike the front you will get generous prices all the way through to Sunday. This course also has floodlights which makes me think can get pretty damn hot at times "Though probably not at this time of year."

SUMMARY

SHIV KAPUR@ 30/1

MARDAN MAMAT@ 130/1 Both Outright@ Betfair

1st Round Leader Digvijay Singh @ 100/1

Good Luck All!:hope

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Avantha Masters 11-14 Feb I'm going with 3 outrights, whilst leaving my powder dry in the 3-balls. J.Randhawa to win Avantha Masters, 1pt EW @ 25/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-5) Being an event held in India, I'm taking the token home player to shine here. Jeev Mikka Singh is the favourite but is too short at 10's whilst Randhawa looks an excellent price here. This is his home course so will know it like the back of his hand, and has a super record in the DLF Masters at this track last 3 years, winning twice and 4th. The last time this course appeared on the European Tour, in 2008, he finished 8th. Such an impressive record in what appears a weakish fieild, I'm more than happy to ignore his form on the Gulf Swing and back him here for a return to form. Best chance amongst the home growns. R.Kulacz to win Avantha Masters, 1pt EW @ 40/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-5) I like this Aussie and think he comes with a super chance. Played in 3 events this year and, despite 1 missed cut, has finished 21st & 4th in the other 2. Interestingly though, both those events were played at tracks where there are plenty of birdies on offer, similar to this one. In the Abu Dhabi where he finished 21st, he had the best round of the week with a 2nd round 63 whilst at the Africa Open, he played the last 3 rounds in -16 (69-67-67). Stats wise, he's red hot with the putter and that will be crucial as will the ability to get up & down when missing the greens. Is 4th on scrambling so that's another tick in the box. A player capable of going very low, I fancy a good run for my money here. F.Andersson Hed to win Avantha Masters, 1pt EW @ 80/1 Coral (1/4 odds 1-5) 80/1? You serious? Hasn't played on the Gulf Swing but played really well in his last 3 tournaments over in SA. Finished 4-18-44 and, in weaker looking events, the price must be too big. Again, we're looking for a consistent player who can hit lots of birdies. In those 12 rounds of golf, 10 of them were under par with the other 2 rounds +1 and +2. Is excellent on the short stuff, finished top 10 for both putts per GIR and 1 putts, whilst has very good scrambling and driving accuracy, crucial on a course which water and narrow fairways. Improving player and one I'm happy to take at the price.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Avantha Masters 11-14 Feb This is an interesting event from a punting perspective becuase it really is the great unknown! You'll either look a hero or a total mug..fingers crossed it's the former ;) I am going to take the view that with no real previous course form, and the added factor of the heat, all Europeans are out! So no Darren Clarke for me, or Gareth Maybin or Shane Lowry, Richie Ramsay you're gone as is Marcel Siem and Derksen. I expect those Asian Tour stalwarts, and European TOur players who have PREVIOUS Asian Tour experience to come to the fore. Jeev Milka is a worthy favourite but not for me. The fact his wife has just given him a son could work in his favour but i expect the so called "nappy factor" to take awhile to sink in. It is rare that golfers immediately respond to having a child although history does suggest that over the coming months their form can improve. I dont think Jeev at 10's is value, so I''ll obviously expect to see him lapping the field by Sunday afternoon :lol Wen-Chong Liang however does catch my eye at around the 16/1 mark. He's an improving golfer, has played the course before and wont mind the heat. Furthermore he is in good nick with a top 25 finish at The Sony Open in Hawaii, and is sacrificing his all-important annual Chinese Lunar New Year reunion dinner to compete at this week’s event. AS the 2007 Asian Order of MErit Champion he ticks that particular box and has had success in India before. My 2nd outright pick is Thailand's Prayad Marksaeng. Currently ranked exactly 100th in the world, this talented played is more than capable of a good showing. 33's is a fair price in my opinion.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Avantha Masters 11-14 Feb The outright picks aren't looking too clever at the moment. Marksaeng missed the cut by 1 whilst Wen-Chong is 5 off the pace. One thing I did notice in analysing previous tournaments staged at this course, is how the scoring increased over the weekend. It would appear they are able to tuck the pins away for the final two rounds. This would suggest that you want to have a score in the bag after the first two rounds and then see if you can hold on. With lots of players still to finish their 2nd round it is too early to start looking in depth at what this might mean, and where the possible value might lie, but I'd certainly want some with previous course form, and lying within a maximum of 3 shots of the lead. It may prove that waiting until after round 3 is the thing to do, but I shall certainly be casting an eye over things at the halfway stage.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Avantha Masters 11-14 Feb Interesting point you make there, Elcaker, regarding pin placements & higher scoring. If that's the case, I'm pretty pleased with the position Kulacz finds himself in, whilst Andersson Hed & Randhawa aren't totally out of it, especially if they can shoot 67's tomorrow. No 2 balls odds up yet as the 2nd round is still incomplete.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Avantha Masters 11-14 Feb Ignore my post Russ - I stupdily just assumed that the Hero Honda Open was being staged at this course and that isn't the case. As it turns out last year the scoring wasn't great over the weekend - only one player shot a 64 over the weekend, and after that the lowest score was a 67. Back in 2008 they staged the Johnnie Walker Classic and there were a lot more red numbers. The lowest score was still only 64, by winner Mark Brown in Rnd 3, but Johan Edfors managed a 65. I'd say the average score over the weekend was probably 68.5. for those in the top 20. Still looks like you want a score in the bank!

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Avantha Masters 11-14 Feb Good Luck Tomorrow Russ! Andersson Hed is a guy who can go low,so he has his chances. I backed him to death in 08 hoping his maiden win would come rather than the E/W that cruely robs you when placed Tied 5th. I placed small wagers at the start with the belief that if Clarke Or J.M Singh doesn,t hit the front there will be value through Sunday.9/1 on Bland&Andersson Hed so like I say fill yer boots with value,I have grabbed the 18,s on offer on Andrew Dodt,a guy i know nothingabout other than Sky sayin he had finished the bridesmaid twice on the Asian Tour,but other than an O/B & a couple of crap short chips he looks the real deal.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Avantha Masters 11-14 Feb I've just done some digging and found the following: 1pt EW - Jeppe Huldahl - 35/1 Skybet I don't know a huge deal about him, but the following persuade me to take this at these odds:

1. He's on -9 which is within catching distance of the leaders on -11. Wouldn't really look to anyone further back than this.
  2. Joint best round today (Saturday) with Bland and Andersson Hed of -6. He should go into Sunday with confidence knowing he is capable of hitting the sort of round required to catch (and hopefully go past!) the leaders! Climbed a huge 23 places which will also boost his confidence.
  3. At world ranked 248 only 6 of the other 16 players equal or above him on the current leaderboard are higher in the world rankings. 2 of them are less than 10 places better off. This obviously isn't a cast iron indicator but suggests the quality of the field above and around him is beatable.
  4. From his Europeantour.com player profile: "Secured his first win on The European Tour with a stunning victory at The 2009 Celtic Manor Wales Open. A rank outsider at the start of the week but proved he had the ability to win at the highest level by producing an outstanding final round 68 in testing conditions to win by a stroke from Niclas Fasth". Proving he is capable of winning on the european tour and can finish the job under pressure from both conditions and opponents!

At 35/1 i think he is well worth a punt EW... its one of 16 players that'll win in my opinion all those on -9 and better, and for the reasons above i think there is definate value in Huldahl. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Avantha Masters 11-14 Feb Well not the most inspiring of stops of the European Tour but congratulations to Andrew Dodt for his victory at the Avantha MAsters. Definitely going to take a couple of pointers for next year, as I think there is a profit to be made. It would appear that the so called "names" are to be avoided. Maybe because they dont know the course that well and secondly because they just aren't up for it in quite the same way. On the flip side the Asian Tour players see it was a real opportunity to take on the big boys. No one managed to shoot 2 consecutive rounds in the 60's at the weekend which suggests that scoring does go up slightly - however, it didn't prove correct this year that you wanted a score in the bank to hold onto as both Dodt and Finch came from behind on the final day - albeit they were the only two to really make a move. Looking more closely at Dodt, he is obviously a birdie machine. He made 25 over the course of the week, and if it hadnt been for a couple of double bogies he would have probably won the tournament a lot more comfortably. He is definitely a player I'll be keeping an eye on, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him maybe make the transition onto the full European TOur, especially as he is such good friends with Aaron Baddeley.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Avantha Masters 11-14 Feb ..(managed to send without finishing my line of thought)....his friendship with Baddeley meaning he'll want to get on with his career and ultimately make the PGA Tour. He also showed typical Aussie grit by birdieing two of the last 3 holes.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Avantha Masters 11-14 Feb

Good Luck Tomorrow Russ! Andersson Hed is a guy who can go low,so he has his chances. I backed him to death in 08 hoping his maiden win would come rather than the E/W that cruely robs you when placed Tied 5th. I placed small wagers at the start with the belief that if Clarke Or J.M Singh doesn,t hit the front there will be value through Sunday.9/1 on Bland&Andersson Hed so like I say fill yer boots with value,I have grabbed the 18,s on offer on Andrew Dodt,a guy i know nothingabout other than Sky sayin he had finished the bridesmaid twice on the Asian Tour,but other than an O/B & a couple of crap short chips he looks the real deal.
Nice work Big :clap

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Avantha Masters 11-14 Feb The forgotten thread! Theyre back playing on the Eurotour this week in Malaysia and the course, while used in 2006, has been changed significantly so will be new to all. Jaidee is a rightful favourite but at single figures I'm (possibly foolishly!) willing to go against him. I was also very tempted on Arjun Atwal who has won on his last 2 attempts at this event in 2008 and 2003, however, his recent form is poor and even playing at home couldnt inspire him to a good performance last time out so I'll leave him at the odds on offer. David Horsey @ 34 ew Horsey played well in Malaysia on his debut in this tournament last year finishing fast and in the runner up position. His recent form has been fantastic with 3 top 20s in the desert swing and this form added in with his comfort in the local conditions makes him a must bet at these odds. Johan Edfors @ 56 ew Johan is a difficult one to catch hot as he often confuses - such as his form over the desert swing where he didnt trouble the leaders, however, he is a multiple winner on tour and has finished in the top 11 in the last two years here, easily made the cut here 4years ago at this venue and won in similar conditions in thailand less than a year ago. His recent form of 2decent finishes and a missed cut in the desert swing is nothing special but at these odds in a distinctly average field he looks too big. Miles Tunnicliff @ 201 ew The odds suggest he is totally from left field, however, he finished as runner up in this tournament last year and thus showed that he can play in the humid conditions in Malaysia. He also already has a top 10 to his name this year coming in the Africa Open with a field of the quality about on a par with the one in Malaysia which shows that he isnt playing too badly at the moment despite his missed cut following that result. It also seems that his best finishes come on courses where birdies are readily available which I expect they will be this week - to be fair, he doesnt finish that high too often but I think these odds are a bit too generous to refuse for a guy who has a couple of E-Tour wins to his name. GL:hope

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Malaysia Open 4-7 Mar A bit of a lacklustre field this week,so will keep it short&sweet. DAVID DRYSDALE @ 75/1 This big guy is a winner in waiting he hits too many leaderboards not to be a future winner.Season 09 two 3rds and a 2nd place in respected tournaments in South Africa,Spain&Portugal.His achilles heel is his putting sometimes he is on the walk when the ball leaves the putter which is never a good sign,but I think this is down to frustration in having so many chances on a Sunday,keep knocking and the door will open&all that speil. DANIEL CHOPRA@ 130/1 Half Swedish half indian and a Star Trek fan "A Trekkie". The mind boggles,anyway this guy is a twice winner on the USPGA Tour,can go as low as anyone and the interesting thing is he plied his trade on the Asian tour and also loves playing in Asia.He hits leaderboards regularly so doesn,t travel for the Money,"You don,t have to in the States,just making Top25 secures a handsome living"!So obviously over here with a purpose! One to Watch! SAM HUTSBY@70/1 A rookie with a very big future,maybe Top10 more realistic this week but if he shows in 2010 it will be in weaker events like these! What about these for the Retro Punters out there Ex US Open Winner Michael Campbell 550/1:eek David Howell @ 250/1. Whao! If any of these make the cut and hit the leaderboard lets just say there odds will be considerably shorter. Betfair Prices apply. Good Luck All!

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Malaysia Open 4-7 Mar

Sport Golf
Event Malaysian Open
Selection Alejandro CAÑIZARES to finish in top 4
Strength 10/10
Date 07/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50 (Back)
Reasoning Think Canizares will be close come Sunday. He's in a great position in 2nd place, finished this 2nd round before play ended which I think will be a big help come Sunday. He's a player I've liekd for a while and surprised he's struggled so much. But this week in a weak field he's looking very comfortable and playing nicely. Not sure about the win, but I expect him to be close, so this option seems pretty good.