Golf: European Tour 2010 - HSBC Champions

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Qatar Masters 28-31 Jan

P.Casey to beat M.Kaymer & H.Stenson' date= 2nd round 3 balls, 3pts @ 2/1 Boylesports A.Forsyth to beat C.Wood & P.Larrazabal, 2nd round 3 balls, 3pts @ 9/4 Boylesports E.Molinari to beat R.Karlsson & S.Dyson, 2nd round 3 balls, 3pts @ 21/10 Paddy Power JF.Lucquin to beat G.Bourdy & D.Drysdale, 2nd round 3 balls, 3pts @ 3/1 Extrabet
Casey tied with Stenson, Lucquin tied with both of his rivals whilst the other 2 lost. -3.5pts for the 3 balls today and with Edfors missing the cut, I'm now at -1.87pts for the tournament. Still have bets running on Jaidee, Garcia & S.Hansen, with Garcia looking most likely at this stage:ok

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Qatar Masters 28-31 Jan Really going to get stuck into the 2 balls with 5 bets for round 3. S.Khan to beat H.Otto, 3rd round 2 balls, 4pts @ 23/20 Extrabet Can't believe Khan is the outsider here. After an opening 76, shot 69 today whereas Otto followed a 71 with a 74. There's only 1 golfer going in the right direction and that's Khan. Conditions are forecast to be similar to that of today's so I can't see where the South African will turn this around from the 5 shot beating he was given today. Otto has been very short off the tee which is limiting his birdie opportunities whilst Khan has been much better and could shoot low if he hits a few more fairways. At the price, I'll take the Englishman to get us off to a flyer. E.Molinari to beat T.Jaidee, 3rd round 2 balls, 4pts @ 6/5 SportingBet I'm on Jaidee to beat Wood over 72 holes which I still think he will but I'm opposing him here against one half of the Molinari brothers. Jaidee has not shone that much here and probably his best part of his game has been his touch on the greens. Played better today but is no odds on shot. Molinari followed a 73 with a 72 and, but for 2 6's on his card, could easily have been in the 60's. The fact still remains that tee to green, he's in the top 5 performers this week but his putter has yet to start working. Having said that, I'm happy to take the odds against whilst he's stil giving himself chances. S.Gallacher to beat R.Jacquelin, 3rd round 2 balls, 4pts @ 6/4 Extrabet Gallacher is another player to dramatically improve on his day 1 score, following a 75 with a 70 in round 2. Giving himself plenty of birdie opportunities, having hit 6 today but made 4 bogeys too. Jacquelin shot a 71 and made just 3 birdies. Overall, there's no doubt the Scot has played much the better golf, solid off the tee, excellent on the fairway and a putter that is working too. The only part of his game that's 'off' is his short game so, if he can improve that, I feel there's a 67/68 to come which should be enough to bring this bet in. S.Hansen to beat S.Dyson, 3rd round 2 balls, 5pts @ 10/11 SportingBet I'm on Soren outright where his chance has probably gone after his opening 75 but I'm full of confidence he'll take this. Shot a 69 today and will take confidence from a birdie-par-birdie-birdie finish. Has struggled a little with accuracy from the tee box but is hitting it long and has found the green well too. Dyson's been distinctly average, shooting 71 today and doesn't look full of birdies. Hansen played well last week after a poor opening round and was actually 3rd for rounds 2-4 there so, if he can follow a similar pattern here, will look a massive price. P.Casey to beat I.Garrido, 3rd round 2 balls, 5pts @ 8/13 Skybet I like Casey and feel he's still in with a chance of getting involved at the business end on the final day. Shot one of the rounds of the day today, with 3 birdies and no bogeys at all. That's consistency for you, especially when you consider he's 3rd for distance and 5th for accuracy at the halfway stage. If the magic comes back on the green, he will put himself bang in contention. Garrido's playing pretty well but the sheer presence of Casey could cause him a few problems. He's not the longest off the tee and, if he tries to match the Englishman, he could end up in all sorts of trouble. The fact that Casey needs a 68/69 to put himself right in the frame makes him a cracking bet, even at this price. Good luck all:ok

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Qatar Masters 28-31 Jan I'll regret not taking this last night but 1 in play outright. P.Casey to win Qatar Masters, 3pts EW @ 9/1 BlueSq (1/5 odds 1-2-3-4) As I've said earlier, Casey has played probably the most solid golf this week. Is currently sitting in 4th, -2 for the day. He's not really surrounded by big names & the leaderboard looks to be opening up massively. Westwood looks the only real danger so I'll take this one in the hope he keeps picking up shots whilst keeping his card bogey free. Englishmen don't have a great record in this event but I feel it's either Casey or Westwood for the title this year. At 3 times the price, Paul is one I want to be on.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Qatar Masters 28-31 Jan For a 250/1 shot, Marc Warren from Bigstumur's Bettingzone post is going well. I bottled the E/W bet (Might regret that!) but took Skybets 8/1 on a top 20 finish, which at T8th going into the last round tomorrow is looking good! :hope Very nice in-play bet on Casey, RussP. Great odds at 9/1 when he was 4th. Currently Tied 1st at 10 under with Dredge who is on the 18th and 1 in front of Westwood. Tried to take a bit of pressure off by saying Westwood is favourite but he'll do his best to stick with him in his interview!!

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Qatar Masters 28-31 Jan 3 out of 5 win today so, with a day to go, I'm now at: +4.01pts for the 2/3 balls -1.00pt on the outrights Still running: 6pts on Jaidee to beat Wood - very unlikely 3pts on S.Hansen - impossible 3pts on Garcia - EW money possible but needs a very low round 6pts on Casey - currently tied for lead, really need to take this for a profit Will come back with final round bets later:ok

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Qatar Masters 28-31 Jan Going to add to my bets for the final day. R.Finch to beat R.Jacquelin, 4th round 2 balls, 4pts @ 5/4 Boylesports I can't have Jacquelin due to his amazing inconsistency. Is level par after 54 holes but 2 things worry me; he's only hit 29 pars this week and has dropped 14 shots in total!! Admittedly, he picked up a lot of birdies too but, not knowing what game he'll bring, I'll gladly oppose. Has putted pretty well but generally had an average week. Finch too hasn't been the most consistent with a 67 sandwiched between a pair of 74's but he seems to be playing the better. No stand out stats but is solid in all elements of his game so, when the going gets tough, I expect Finch to hold his compusure much better than his opponent and will therefore take him in this match up. R.Gonzalez to beat M.Kaymer, 4th round 2 balls, 3pts @ 12/5 Boylesports Clearly Kaymer is a top, top player but 12/5 is just too big for any player in a final round 2 ball. Gonzalez has played pretty well this week whilst Kaymer has failed to hit the heights of his Abu Dhabi win last week. The Argentinian will be desperate to impress here whilst Kaymer is too far back to figure and that will affect motivation somewhat. Without doubt, Gonzalez has been hitting the ball well off the tee and has putted the better of the 2 so just has been taken at this price. D.Horsey to beat C.Wood, 4th round 2 balls, 4pts @ 11/8 Ladbrokes David Horsey is following the same pattern as his T8 last week where he shot a poor 1st round and was then flawless for the last 54 holes. Here, he opened with a 74 but has come back with a pair of 69's. Very accurate off the tee but has really come into his own around the green, where he's been superb. If he can keep the short stick so hot, he could well go low again for his 2nd top 10 in a week. Chris Wood has played pretty well too, with his iron play being his strength. With shot making key in this final round, he may well get frustrated if he fails to hole the putts and it would be surprise to see him fall away tamely. Always likely to shoot low, I'll take Horsey to prevail, again at a big price.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Qatar Masters 28-31 Jan Finch & Gonzalez absolutely waltzed home in their 3 balls whilst Horsey was beat by 1. A solid profit on those of 8.20pts. Overall, I'm annoyed with my performance putting too much faith & stakes in the outrights. A lesson learnt. I finished the Qatar at -6.79pts, with the outrights -19.00pts and the round by round 2/3 balls +12.21pts.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Qatar Masters 28-31 Jan

Finch & Gonzalez absolutely waltzed home in their 3 balls whilst Horsey was beat by 1. A solid profit on those of 8.20pts. Overall, I'm annoyed with my performance putting too much faith & stakes in the outrights. A lesson learnt. I finished the Qatar at -6.79pts, with the outrights -19.00pts and the round by round 2/3 balls +12.21pts.
well done Russ, keep up those round by round bets as they are showing up well, i think staking on outrights needs to be lower as you say. You even consider laying for a return if they shorten, i could have done that in previous 2 tournaments when i had decent prices and both failed to win. Both my outrights failed to deliver especially Stenson who put in 3 over par rounds which is poor for him at this course.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Qatar Masters 28-31 Jan Again a nice profitable week on the Golf although it would have been a lot nicer if Quiros would have won but 2nd at 30/1 (1/4 odds) place is nice! :ok

Commercialbank Qatar Masters Doha GC Doha, Qatar 28 Jan 2010 - 31 Jan 2010 Outright: I can't pick Stenson although he is a standing dish here but at 10/1 odds I feel there is no value in a tournament where has finished runner up so many times and winning it just the once in 2006 and his best score here was in 2008 -17. Alvaro Quiros EW @31.00 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4,5) :ok He won this tournament last year by 3 shots (-19) which was one off the course record. He showed up well in last weekends Abu Dhabi Championship finishing in 11th place, hitting a magnificent eagle on the 18th. He seems to be getting better each year and will be a contender for the European Order Of Merit this year. A great each way bet in my mind. Rhys Davies EW @151.00 Totesport (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4,5) I was impressed with this Guy last weekend where he finished a very good 6th in The Abu Dhabi and he has played 4 tournaments so far this year 3 in SA & 1 in Dubai and he's improved each time he's played. He won the SWALEC Wales Challenge in July 2009 under a sponsor’s invitation to secure his first Challenge Tour title. The triumph in Cardiff made him the first Welshman since Jamie Donaldson in 2007 to win on the Challenge Tour, and he later added the Fred Olsen Challenge de España en route to finishing fourth in the Rankings, despite having played fewer events than anyone else in the top 20. He's a possible dark horse this year for events and the signs are that he is improving his game and he could look an each way steal at the price! :ok

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb Hi all the first month of the tour over and some great picks on here so far keep it up lads!!!!!!!!Goin to have three picks in Dubai this week because the Pga isn't on the box this weekend.Dont know prices but will post them up later sorry boys. Henrik Stenson 1pt e/w15 to1 Stenson now lives in Dubai and although he was terrible last week in Quatar i,m not goin to write him off just yet. Hopefully that poor performance will have increased his odds a bit.He was the last European winner of the trophy before McIlroy and he finished third behind McIlroy and Justin Rose last year. This is a quote after last weeks tournament. “The Dubai Desert Classic is one of my favourite weeks on the tour and I always look forward to it,” said the Swede. “If you look at my record, I think it speaks for itself. I’ve done well because I’m familiar with the Majlis Course having played there a number of times. The key to producing a low score there, I think, depends on how well you putt.” Luis Oosthuizen 1pt e/w25 to1 I picked this lad last week and was off to a flyer in the first nine holes before fallin well back, this hampered his chance last week as i think it was playin on his mind all weekend. He still finished in the top fifteen so im goin to stick with him this week as his recent course form reads 3T 08 and 7T 09 and has been there or there abouts the last few weeks Rory McIlroy 3pt e/w8 to1 Finally I posted up here about Rory at the start of the year and word on the grapevine at home is that he's absolutely bombin it at the minute and that he's been workin on his game over the xmas with this tournament in mind. I know he'll probably be short enough but im still goin to back him.He was qouted last week sayin "After what happened last year, the Desert Classic will always have a special place in my heart and I am really looking forward to returning to defend my title,” he said.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb After winning this event last year, Rory Mclroy defends his title here at The Emirates Golf course, but I feel there is some solid EW value to oppose him with. 2.5 pts ew S Strange to win Dubai Desert Classic @ 70/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3,4,5) 4 rounds at a course isnt enough to judge how well someone can play there, but I feel Scott Strange is overpriced based on his 7th here last year. He shot 4 solid rounds of golf including an eye catching 66 to get himself into contention. He comes into this event as his curtain raiser for the season, and while thats a slight worry, I feel the 70/1 on offer with Boylesports is too big. 2.5 pts ew R Green to win Dubai Desert Classic @ 66/1 Betfred (1/4 1,2,3,4,5) Richard Green is one of the players that is proven to like this Emirates Golf Course. A past winner of this event way back in 1997, Green has struggled to reproduce that until a 3rd in 10 and an 11th last year. He has one of the lowest scoring averages for this course, and will definitely handle it. His recent form isnt bad either, with a 13th at Abu Dhabi, despite 2 poor rounds. He couldnt get it together at Doha, but back on a course he has won at in the past, I am happy to be on Green to go close again this week. 3 pts ew T Bjorn to win Dubai Desert Classic @ 100/1 Stan James (1/4 1,2,3,4,5) Bjorn is another past winner at this course back in 2001, and in addition to that, he has another 3 top 10 finishes to his name in this event. The big drawback with Bjorn, is that he was woefully out of form, having missed 8 cuts out of 12 tournaments, and not finishing in the top 40 in any of those tournaments at the end of last year, and into the first event of this year. However, Bjorn looks to have come through that dreadful phase, and I am hugely encouraged by his 8th at Doha in the Qatar Open the last time he played. So, Bjorn looks as if he is coming back to something like his best, and I am backing the Dane to come good back at The Emirates GC. 2 pts win M Kaymer to win Dubai Desert Classic @ 12/1 Betfred Moving onto the 2 I think are most likely to challenge Mclroy, I think Martin Kaymer is hard to ignore here. In 2 starts in this tournament, Kaymer has finished 2nd, and 4th, so he clearly goes well here. He comes here in great form off the back of a win at Abu Dhabi 2 weeks ago, and his form at this course is hard to ignore. 2 pts win H Stenson to win Dubai Desert Classic @ 18.5 Betfair Stenson is yet to his top form this year which is dissapointing, and he is a risky bet considering all the stats pointed towards him last week, and he ended up +7. Backing a player at this price off the back of a +7 tournament seems ludicrous, but I cant avoid a saver on Henrik. In the last 4 years at this tournament, he is yet to throw in a bad performance, with his form reading 7-1-6-3. If he can find his game again, he is going to have a huge shout, and as a reigning champion, I have to include him - even if it is just as a saver.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb I'm sticking with my tip from last week, Stenson, his course form here is superb, top 10 the last 4 years including a win in 2007. Obviously his form last week was shocking but I expect him to turn it around, he threw in several birdies in round 2 to try and get back into contention, then gave up the ghost once he realised he was too far behind. If he gets off to a fast start this week I expect him to be on the premises come sunday. I'm spitting my 2nd bet between 2 South Africans, Oosthuizen and Schwartzel. To be honest Oosthuizen was a strong fancy given he has 2 top tens here the last two years plus he has finished in the top 15 in his last 4 events, so has great current and course form but I could'nt resist adding in Charl Schwartzel, is experienced on the course but has no significant finishes, however, his excellent recent form (14th, 1st, 1st) gets him thrown into my staking plan this week. OUTRIGHT STENSON 2.5 pts EW @ 16-1 (general) SCHWARTZEL 1.25 pts EW @25/1 (general) OOSTHUIZEN 1.25 pts EW @25/1 (general) (YTD: -20 pts)

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb Martin Kaymer @ 12 win only Kaymer has already shown form with a win on a favourite course this year a couple of years ago. He comes back to a course where he has finished 4th and 2nd in his only two appearances. His price being 1.5x that of Rory is crazy. Yes theyre both incredibly talented but Rory has one win in his career compared to Kaymer with 5 and considering their careers on the E-Tour shows the difference in ability to finish. Martin has proved his ability to live with the best and this tournament throws up quality winners so it's time to add his name to that list. Ross Fisher @ 26 ew Ross has played here 3 times finishing in the top 13 all three times including opening with 65-65 on his debut here to lead at halfway. Got rid of the rust last week to hopefully play well at a course where he said he started to believe that he was going to be able to live with the best. As mentioned above, quality players generally win this tournament and Fisher has challenged for the past few majors and is definitely on the cusp of something big. Getting a win under his belt here would not only put him firmly in contention for the Ryder Cup but will get his tail up before the upcoming WGC events. Niclas Fasth @ 56 ew Showed that he is yet again finding some form with a T9 in Qatar. His record here is very good and while he missed the cut last year, in his five attempts before that he has 5 top 22s including 4 top 11s and 2 top 3s. Very impressive. He's won 6 European Tour events so know what it takes to win. Will hopefully be inspired by his fellow Swede winning last week after some time out of the spotlight, a lot like himself! Bradley Dredge Top 20 @ 3.2 Dredge played well last week with a T5 and finished T16 in the end of season event in Dubai just a few weeks previous to this. His course form here is steady if not spectacular hence the top 20 bet. He finished T7 in 2002, his best finish, but including this finish in his last 8 appearances here he has made 8 cuts including 7 top 20s so surely the 3.2 has to be taken?! Additionally, as a welshman will want to put himself in the Ryder Cup picture with good consistency. GL:hope

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb TOM WATSON 250/1 E/W BLUESQ Tom Watson is an interesting addition to this weeks field. He won 2 weeks ago on champions tour, beat Fred Couples into 2nd. I know he's 60 but is still playing good golf Even in contention for a Ryder Cup place :loon Also won the Wendys Champion Skins Game this year

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb

will post up tomorrow night but looking at the 3 golfers at the moment Stenson 18.5, Mcilroy 9.6 and Fisher 28.0. Those are the BF prices as we speak. may take a look at the round by round bets as well this week
Just havent had the time to look through the card in any great detail, however i will go with the 3 names i listed last night as i am following Mcilroy and Fisher anyway and i tipped up Stenson last week. He will out 4 rounds together soon and its another course he likes. Stenson 18.5 McIlroy 9.6 Fisher 28.0 1pt on each to win outright, may look at other bets during tomorrow for the 2nd round.

Dubai Desert Classic

This week I would surmise the winner will come from the cream i.e Mcilroy,Kaymer,Westwood,Stenson,Karllson& Paul Casey. I will recommend Casey on the Basis of Last years showing 68,68,68,68. It is clear he likes the course,it is a course where long straight driving is at a premium,and there are also a lot of peculiar though large shaped greens,which if you hit the green in the wrong place you are sometimes faced with the dilemma of taking a wedge to the putting surface. Caseys achilles heel has always been his putting,he has improved with the help of Peter Costas,and now has firm belief in his stroke.If Casey can keep himself fit I can see him winning on both tours this year. Last week at Qatar he played the best round i have seen this year on the Saturday and if he can show that form round here he can turn a 68 into a 65 with ease. Another player i like here is Scott Strange.I think I am right in saying he was 7th here last year and I was very impressed with him against A.Kim in the World Matchplay 1/4 final where if it were not for a bad decision to lay up on 18th he would have put AK to the sword.and reached the Semis/final maybe!Although a tall ask to win this I am taking him to get a Top 10 place and would not deter anyone from trying the Top 5 market at a better price Now for my fun bet! Louis Oosthuizen shows the absolute Sublime talent he has one moment then looks like he can,t break par,so not one for the shortlist outright but he owes me one so 1st round leader is worth a punt. SUMMARY PAUL CASEY 19/1 TO WIN OUTRIGHT@19/1

SCOTT STRANGE TOP 10 FINISH@13/2

lOUIS OOSTHUIZEN 1ST ROUND LEADER@22/1

GOOD LUCK ALL!:hope P.S All prices betfair

GOLF BETTING HEADLINES
spacer.gif
Lee-Westwood-Qatar-Masters-round-two_2412896.jpg Westwood - unlucky in the last two weeks.
THIRD TIME LUCKY FOR WESTWOOD By David John Sky Bet's Odds Compare All Prices
:makeBettingBox()'>BZ_InfoBtn.jpg BETTING BOX
FIXED ODDS
bronze.gif3pts win Lee Westwood at 12/1 (general).Not much luck the last fortnight and can make make up for it with a win.
bronze.gif2pts win Henrik Stenson at 17/1 (sportingbet).Not been at his best lately but that could change back in Dubai.
bronze.gif1pt e.w Scott Strange at 70/1 (1/4 1,2,3,4,5 VC Bet, Paddy Power). First start of 2010 but has plenty going for him.
It is the final leg of the Gulf Swing and another top drawer field do battle for the Omega Dubai Desert Classic before the big guns head towards the USA and begin the build up for the first World Gold Championship event in a couple of weeks. Rory McIlroy took last week off in Qatar to prepare for his first defence of a European Tour title and the young Ulsterman is favourite across the board to do the business once again. McIlroy has taken the chance to arrive early in Dubai to get ready but he did manage to miss one of his scheduled practice rounds due to a sunburnt chest picked up over the weekend. That was just a precautionary measure and all reports are that he is raring to go once again. It is fair to say that he has been knocking on the door and it can only be a matter of time before he's back in the winner's circle. He has a little bit extra to deal with this week in terms of being the defending champion and although I am in no way ruling him out, I would still like to look elsewhere at the odds on offer. I think there is just about enough mileage in Lee Westwood at 12/1 this week for him to make it third time lucky in the desert. Westy's campaign in the last two events in Abu Dhabi and Qatar has been beset by bad fortune but he still has the chance to set the record straight. His missed cut in the first event was down to his regular clubs going missing while a cracked driver in round three thwarted his battling pursuit of Rober Karlsson the following week. It led him to say: "It's hard to imagine anything else going wrong this week, so 11 under is an unbelievable score." Granted four rounds that are not blighted by something out of the ordinary, Westwood can make amends and looks the most likely winner of the event. His last outing in Dubai was his superb victory in the season finale of 2009 where he comfortably got the better of all his main rivals this week. Henrik Stenson's odds are bigger than you would expect after two moderate displays by his lofty standards in Abu Dhabi and Qatar. But I reckon he deserves the benefit of the doubt this week on his return home to Dubai where he boasts a stunning record. The winner in 2007 said: "I have done well as I am quite familiar with the Majlis course. It is one of my favourite weeks on tour and I always look forward to it." Like many of those at the head of the betting, Stenson is warming up for the spring in the United States and will be fine tuning his game for the next few months ahead. Equally though, he will want to raise the level of his performance compared to the last fortnight and if he shows anything near what he is capable of at this venue, the 17/1 on offer with sportingbet could be on the generous side. Those looking beyond the obvious and a solid each-way alternative could do a lot worse than Scott Strange, who is an interesting contender this week on his first start of 2010. We last saw the Western Australian in top form at the Australian PGA Championship where he was tied for second behind Robert Allenby. His performance was all the more remarkable as he battled through the week with a hand injury after someone had rather unfortunately crushed it while shaking it in greeting him. He makes a belated return to action in the new year following the birth of his daughter Meghan but he has already set himself a target of making the top 50 in the world. That does not look unreasonable considering he is a winner on the European Tour in both of the last two seasons and a step up to contending in an event of this stature is well within his compass. A promising seventh on his debut last year at the Emirates course, Strange should also take some inspiration from fellow Perth man Brett Rumford's fine effort at Qatar last week and if he is sharp enough following his break, he is worth a punt at 70/1. Preview posted at 2010GMT on 02/02/2010. See what you think Guys!Good Luck!

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb Decided to add in a 1st round leader bet in M A Jimenez at 60/1 Bet365, always worth a shout as can get off to a flier. He hits the ball straight and long and can putt. He played well last year finishing T7. I had Jimenez at 125/1 1st round in the open last year and he delivered. Just a small stake for interest on day 1. 0.5pt win @ 60/1

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb I fear the course may be too long for Tom, but good luck with your pick - I think I'd want 500's!! Having said that I would love it if he could give his fans a weekend showing - he is just such a great great man. Interestingly some of the European big guns have played in a warm up event on the Dubai Desert Creek course. WEstwood won it with a 62, and his putter was red hot. I am a big fan of Westwood but I'm not sure he represents tremendous value at 12's. One man who does interest me at the prices is Spaniard Miguel Angel Jiminez. He has not had the greatest start to 2010, but he did make the cut last week before a very poor weekend showing. Now I have no idea what kind of shape his game is in, or how seriously he was taking things over Saturday or Sunday. But I do know that over the last 5 years he has had 4 top 10's. 2005 T2ND 2006 T4TH 2007 T10TH 2008 T54TH 2009 T7TH I am a big believer in horses for courses and the 66/1 widely available is too good to be overlooked. 1.5pts e/w.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb From the website GOLFALOT which has a fairly profitable tipster called LUCY LOCKET... The Dubai Classic returns to its long time venue, the 7,300 yards long, par 72 Emirates GC. The course is links style demanding accurate approach shots to its well guarded greens which can be exceptionally tricky when firm. Ability to play in the breeze can be useful here. OUTRIGHT: Robert Karlsson 1pt Win and Place 18/1 After a considerable lay off last season due to an eye injury Karlsson came back even stronger recording a hugely impressive win in last week’s Qatar Masters. He is very much a player to note when in form as was shown during his purple patch in 2008 when he recorded four consecutive top four finishes in the summer followed up by back- to-back wins in the autumn in the Mercedes Benz and Dunhill Links events. So it will be no surprise if he challenges strongly again this week especially as he is a bit of a Dubai specialist with recent course form of 6T 05, 18T 06, 10T 07, 19T 08 and 4T 09 OUTRIGHT: Louis Oosthuizen 1pt Win and Place 28/1 Last week’s pick Oosthuizen maintained his run of good recent form with a top fifteen finish at last week’s Qatar Masters so it may pay to stick with him this week as his recent course form reads 27T 04, 3T 08 and 7T 09 despite a closing round 74.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb some big names up the top again with Westwood, MciLroy and Casey all there. Jimenez is up there too. Should be an interesting day tomorrow as thats when these tourneys seem to turn. A decent 67 or 68 from the top 10 must be expected, so -12 will be the target

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb Watson made the cut :loon Bless him, total legend of the game, trying he's heart out on a course too long for him! CHARL SCHWARTZEL 9/1 E/W Paddy Power Won twice in two events in South Africa getting 40+ under par in the process Has had two steady rounds this week a -4 & -2 rounds to get him into contention for the weekend, ain't afriad of winning now becuase of those two wins & the big boys don't scare him, look at him to move a move on the so called moving day.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb Elcaker, good luck mate on Jimenez:ok I've not had chance to get on this week so haven't had a bet as yet but will be following the final round 2 balls with 5 bets. J.Huldahl to beat P.Hedblom. 4th round 2 balls, 4pts @ 17/10 Extrabet Like 2 other bets I'm having, this price is simply too big in a 2 horse race where no shots seperate them after 54 holes, in fact the selection is 4 shots up on the last 36. The issue I have with the Swede is his tendency this week to throw in a bogey, 7 in the last 36 holes is too many whilst Jeppe has been more consistent, only spoiling his 3rd round with a double bogey on the 14th. The Dane has been better off the tee and on the green so I don't see where the price comes from. In a 18 hole shoot out, I'm more than happy to take the outsider here. P.Marksaeng to beat P.Broadhurst, 4th round 2 balls, 4pts @ 21/20 Extrabet Similar comments apply here as the previous match where the Thai player has been better from the box and on the carpet than his opponent yet is still odds against. Prayad is ranked inside the worlds top 100 and I expect him to show his superiority here. Has hit too many bogeys but his 3 birdies in the final 6 holes, combined with the fact he's steadily improving could see this streaky player put in a low round tomorrow. The Englishman is playing more steady golf and, if Marksaeng can start quickly, he could be very difficult to peg back. T.Goya to beat F.Aguilar, 4th round 2 balls, 4pts @ 21/20 Extrabet I like the Argentinian here. He's been a birdie king this week but is another with too many bogeys on his card, and a triple for good measure. Having said that, he's improving round on round whilst Aguilar is a bit up & down for me. The Chilean Aguilar has been excellent with his driving but the rest of his game has been pretty average whereas Goya has been good off the fairway but excellent on the green. At a track where putting is a key stat, I think that's a big positive for the Argentine and is worth sticking with at a big looking price. T.Watson to beat N.Green, 4th round 2 balls, 4pts @ 6/4 Bet365 Sentimental bet, maybe. But Tom Watson is playing some good stuff and is no way a 6/4 shot in this match up. Green is a player capable of a low round but is just as likely to throw in a nightmare so is always worth taking on. Watson has only let himself down with 2 double bogeys this week but, otherwise, has looked excellent. Very solid on the stats and his driving's been excellent as has his iron play. With more difficult pin positions expected, I think the old timer will take this en route to a really good week for him. D.Horsey to beat H.Stenson, 4th round 2 balls, 4pts @ 7/4 Bet365 Another stupid price for me. Horsey is playing really well lately whilst Henrik is struggling to string 4 good rounds together. Has played the last 2 really well but his opener was awful and no surprise if he went back to that today, especially as he is miles out of contention. Horsey's been much better on the green and is really accurate off the tee. A little speculative but the Englishman will be keen on a good finish whilst I feel the Swede's head will be elsewhere as he sits 9 shots off the lead.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb On here, looks like we are cheering on Jimenez, McIlroy and Kaymer, all still in the running so hopefully one of use will £'s richer tomorrow Mcilroy and Kaymer both need 66 or 67 to put some pressure on as the leaders could hit -14 i would expect at least Most of Westwoods birdies have come on the back nine so far, 10 compared to 6 on the front nine. May take a look at the half way stage as Westwood, if 2 behind could make that up.

J.Huldahl to beat P.Hedblom. 4th round 2 balls' date= 4pts @ 17/10 Extrabet:$ P.Marksaeng to beat P.Broadhurst, 4th round 2 balls, 4pts @ 21/20 Extrabet:ok T.Goya to beat F.Aguilar, 4th round 2 balls, 4pts @ 21/20 Extrabet:$ T.Watson to beat N.Green, 4th round 2 balls, 4pts @ 6/4 Bet365:ok D.Horsey to beat H.Stenson, 4th round 2 balls, 4pts @ 7/4 Bet365:$
2 from 5 for a loss of 1.80pts but was pretty unlucky today. Huldahl led after 10 holes but then dropped an incredible 8 shots in the final 8 holes, Goya had a 4 shot turn in the last 4 holes whilst Horsey was 1 up with 2 to play but lost by 1:wall. Having said that, pleased with the selections and a bit more luck could & maybe should have yielded a decent profit. Going to be an interesting finish. Pretty much a coin toss with the top 5.

On here, looks like we are cheering on Jimenez, McIlroy and Kaymer, all still in the running so hopefully one of use will £'s richer tomorrow Mcilroy and Kaymer both need 66 or 67 to put some pressure on as the leaders could hit -14 i would expect at least Most of Westwoods birdies have come on the back nine so far, 10 compared to 6 on the front nine. May take a look at the half way stage as Westwood, if 2 behind could make that up.
i managed to get 3.5 on Westwood before his birdie at 13. Have him and Mcilroy now.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Dubai Desert Classic 4-7 Feb Having only just got the little one to bed, I have managed to miss most of this final round. switch on to see Mig knock it in close on 15 and then hit the worst putt of his pro career. Is Lee going to nick this almost by default? A one under par round by any of the leading 4 will probably prove good enough and that would have been at least a 10/1 chance at the beginning of the day!