** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Golf: European Tour 2010 - HSBC Champions

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan

Hi Perry I assume you played 1/4 odds for 1,2,3,4,5 places So 1,2,3 places are paid out normally so split it 3 ways for the win and straight up for the place. which leaves 2 left (4 & 5) 2 divided by 9 places = 4.5 so say you had £1 ew on a 10/1 placed in those 9 players work your bet out £1 ew on a 10/1 placed at 1/4 odds = £2.50 + £1 stake = £3.50 then divide by the 4.5 = £0.77 return
Cheers Mate, such a good explaination even I understand!! :ok

ABU DHABI DAY 2 - 3 BALLS

C.VILLEGAS@ 15/8 V POULTER S.HANSEN

P.CASEY @ 2/1 V WESTWOOD G.OGILVY

R.McGOWAN @ 11/10 V MONTGOMERIE HAMILTON

3 X 5PTS DOUBLES 1 X 5PTS TREBLE

P.S DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY CASEY DID NOT HAVE HIS USUAL SCOTS CADDIE ON THE BAG TODAY?

ABU DHABI DAY 2 - 3 BALLS

C.VILLEGAS@ 15/8 V POULTER S.HANSEN

P.CASEY @ 2/1 V WESTWOOD G.OGILVY

R.McGOWAN @ 11/10 V MONTGOMERIE HAMILTON

3 X 5PTS DOUBLES 1 X 5PTS TREBLE

P.S DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY CASEY DID NOT HAVE HIS USUAL SCOTS CADDIE ON THE BAG TODAY?

Stu, can you give some reasoning with your bets as per the rules of the forum. If not your posts will probably just be deleted :ok. You must have a reason for backing them so share it with us :ok.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan After a horrific day 1, it's sh1t or bust for me. 4 again for me in the 2nd round. R.Jacquelin to beat B.Lane & O.Henningsson, 2nd round 3 balls, 3pts @ 5/4 Stan James Aiming to recoup my first day losses with this 3 ball. Jacquelin played ok off the tee but his putter was very cold en route to a +2 score. Was 22nd in the Joburg last week so is in some semblence of form and I'm confident he will start to hole the putts as he currently sits 3 shots off the cut mark. Henningsson had an awful round, playing poorly in all aspects of his game, carding a +6 score that included 8 bogeys; he currently sits 2 from the bottom of the leaderboard. Round 1 bet was scuppered from the unlikely source of Barry Lane, who hit a 70, courtesy of 5 birdies. He did well from the fairway and will need to reproduce that if he is to repeat his 1st round exploits. 2 bogeys in the last 3 holes won't have helped his confidence so I'm going to take Jacquelin on his 1 birdie round and bring this one in. D.Clarke to beat G.McDowell & A.Kim, 2nd round 3 balls, 3pts @ 15/8 Totesport All 3 of these finished on -2 but I feel Darren Clarke has the momentum. Not only does he come here fit from the Joburg where he tied for 2nd, but he also finished best of all today with 3 birdies in his final 4 holes. Both Kim & McDowell did their stuff early, conversely, with birdies on 3 of the first 4 holes. Clarke played really well today and would surely have finished higher up the leaderboard if his irons were playing a bit better. Tied for 7th on driving accuracy, key with the rough a bit longer, but it was his red hot putter that will make the difference if he carries it forward to this round - only 22 putts all day! I'm not sure what makes him the outsider of the bunch and I'm happy to be on at this price. R.McGowan to beat T.Hamilton & C.Montgomerie, 2nd round 3 balls, 3pts @ 5/4 Coral Similar to the Jacquelin bet, I'm hoping for a change of fortune on this 3 ball. Most of what was said still counts - a player on the upgrade against 2 in decline. McGowan played well today, finishing on -3, but was edged out by the American who carded a 4 under score of 68. Hamilton was superb tee to green today, finishing top of the combined averages, which helped him to stay bogey free. However I find it unlikely he will repeat that tomorrow. McGowan is well poised to challenge and will expect to card another under par round which I expect will be enough to take this one in the 2nd round. O.Wilson to beat F.Molinari & MA.Jimenez, 2nd round 3 balls, 3pts @ 5/2 Skybet I just couldn't ignore the Englishmen at this price. Admittedly he played just average golf all round which meant a score of 75 but he's no stranger to firing a low 2nd round after a poor opener. Particularly, the Scottish Open last season where he followed an opening 74 with a superb 65 - I'm hoping for more of that here. Wilson finished 7th in the Race to Dubai last season and won't tolerate missing the cut in his first event of the season. He's normally a quick starter and actually finished 2nd in his first event last term. Molinari & Jimenez finished on -4 and Level respectively but I didn't feel either of them were that special. Tee to green was key for the Italian but, on the greens, he looked well capable of 3 puttings, whilst Miguel Angel was better on the green but was poor off the fairway. I expect Wilson to come out firing and going for his shots tomorrow and that should bring out a spate of birdies and an under par round.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan Talk about things being against you:eyes. McGowan again goes under par but Monty has the best round he's put in for ages - Wilson only beaten by a Molinari hole in one - Clarke bogeys the last against Kim after par golf - whilst Jacquelin wins easily. Awful tournament for me. Good luck to everyone else:ok

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan Forgot this tournament was 3 balls all the way even after the cut which for me is a pity as i'm not a massive fan of betting on 3 balls. Anyway when i looked at the market not really expecting to back anything, i saw a ridiculous price on one player who i'm already on in one market and that is Alvaro Quiros @ 11/4 to win his 3 ball with hills. Generally he is 6/4 with 8/5 being the top price bar hills so i thought it was a mistake on oddschecker but when i went on to Hills website, sure enough he was 11/4. Duly deposited some extra money and got on at the price quoted. However as the saying goes if it looks to good to be true, then it probably is , and after looking at the prices again it seem obvious to me that they have made a palpable error and have Quiros and Vanscik the wrong way round pricewise. I am almost certain of that. My question is, if this is the case then and if he wins do they try and pay me out at 6/4 and say it was a palpable error? as to be honest i certainly wouldn't be backing him at that price. Any thoughts on this guys?

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan Hills are prone to errors like this boybroon I have benefited a few times from them! If you win and they don't pay up to the advertised odds you took, threaten to close your account and use ladbrokes or pp instead, they'll probably payout on the error as a goodwill gesture! :ok

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan Now 8/5 so obviously it was a mistake. Interested to hear any thoughts on what the different outcomes maybe if anybody is interested?:unsure To Clarify: obviously i will be delighted to let this run @11/4 if i were to be paid out at those odds should he win. At the re adjusted odds i'm not interested and would rather have my stake back. I'll wait to hear of any possible response/advice:hope before i contact them to see what they say.:cheers

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan Francesco Molinari - Daniel Vancsik - Alvaro Quiros - 23 Jan 10 ( 3rd Round 3 Balls )

Selection Odds
Francesco Molinari 11/8
Alvaro Quiros 11/8
Daniel Vancsik 11/4
they seem to have sorted the error now! just check your account and the bet to see if they've amended the odds on your bet boy broon?

Hills are prone to errors like this boybroon I have benefited a few times from them! If you win and they don't pay up to the advertised odds you took, threaten to close your account and use ladbrokes or pp instead, they'll probably payout on the error as a goodwill gesture! :ok
Cheers Jonesy.......i was thinking that they may pay out should he win as its wouldn't be a massive amount, but i would rather know beforehand tbh. Should he not win, i would never know what they would have done and that would annoy me. Although i am a big fan of Quiros, 3 balls are not my thing and this bet is purely about value and nothing else. I'm not interested in letting this run if i was to be paid out ar 8/5. Another thing is that i deposited money just for this bet, as i do 90% of my bets with hills in their shops for certain reasons, so they may not like me depositing money for the first time in months for one bet where they have clearly made a mistake.

Francesco Molinari - Daniel Vancsik - Alvaro Quiros - 23 Jan 10 ( 3rd Round 3 Balls )
Selection Odds
Francesco Molinari 11/8
Alvaro Quiros 11/8
Daniel Vancsik 11/4
they seem to have sorted the error now! just check your account and the bet to see if they've amended the odds on your bet boy broon?
First thing i checked mate when i saw the price change. Just checked my slip again and its still showing 11/4 which it should do regardless.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan 2 for the 3rd round. Really need a change in fortunes! S.Hansen to beat C.Villegas & S.Dyson, 3rd round 3 balls, 4pts @ 7/4 Bet365 This is quite a tasty 3 balls and it's the Dane for me. Hansen looked to be making his move today with a great round of 67 which included 7 birdies, 4 on the trot at the turn. Dyson matched the 67 with a bogey free round whilst Villegas posted a 68. Is certainly in form having posted 2 Top 10's in his last 2 events, and he finished 15th here last term. Currently sits 7 off the top and he will need a great round to get him into any sort of contention but he's capable of it. Villegas is a very streaky player and hasn't yet shown the signs that justify his short price whilst Dyson is a little too safe in his style for me to back in this 3 ball. In what should be a good match up, I'll take Soren to land the odds here. T.Aiken to beat S.Webster & K.Horne, 3rd round 3 balls, 4pts @ 6/4 Skybet The favourite here and justifiably so. Thomas Aiken is a promising young golfer who is playing quite well at present, with a 2nd at the recent Africa Open. Is up against 2 opponents who are playing equally well but don't have the potential Aiken has. He's hit 9 birdies and 2 eagles in his 2 rounds so far, indicating he's giving himself plenty of chances, whilst Webster in particular is more steady with just 2 bogeys all week. What concerns me for the Englishman is that if either of the other 2 start sinking putts, he doesn't have the required armoury to respond. Aiken is played solid in all aspects from his driving right through to his putting so is not reliant on any 1 part to pull him through. It should help him having a fellow South African in the match up and I'll take him to justify his market position here.

Currently -17.25pts for the Abu Dhabi' date=' terrible stuff! May come back with some more losers shortly:lol.[/quote'] Can't be any worse than the debacle i had back in November in the Dubai world Championship:( Its happens now and again..... there's no rhyme or reason for it sometimes in golf betting or in any sport for that matter but you'll bounce back in no time mate. Good luck with your 3 balls:ok Just finished a live chat with Ryan from hills and they will pay me out @ 11/4 should Quiros win which i'm obviously delighted about with so fair play to them.:clap Just another bet though, but it's nice to be on at double the real odds. :D

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan Quiros strolls his 3 ball for me, and both Russ's 3 balls come in. Should be another good week on here with 3 guys on Kaymer who leads the way by one from Poulter & Mcilroy. Bowles, Hornet and Bigstumur all have Mcilroy, Quiros and Oosthuizen repectively, right in the mix going into the final day.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan Nice work TBB on Quiros today and well done for taking advantage of the price:ok. Plenty in with chances tomorrow so good luck all. Pleased that I'm back on track with both the 3 balls coming in and 6/4 & 7/4. That's a 13pt profit today, taking me to -4.25pts going into the final day. Looking forward to the final round.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan Disappointed with the end of Quiros' round (cost me a mythical two ball bet too!) but I know he's a good man to have in contention and hopefully will get a bit of momentum going on the seemingly easier front 9. More disappointed this round however with Anthony Wall who seemed to have solid stats and a decent score after 2 rounds leaving me with a decent shout for the top 10 bet...not to be! Hopefully will make for an exciting final round and Russ, good to see you getting back on the scoreboard! GL

Quiros strolls his 3 ball for me, and both Russ's 3 balls come in. Should be another good week on here with 3 guys on Kaymer who leads the way by one from Poulter & Mcilroy. Bowles, Hornet and Bigstumur all have Mcilroy, Quiros and Oosthuizen repectively, right in the mix going into the final day.
Well done TBB, and at least you stood your ground with Hills. It was a chance well speculated&taken. I still fancy Kaymer tomorrow albeit it will be a tight finish whoever comes through. A wee bit off track now so I hope the Louis Walsh Rules Police aint lookin,but you bein a good glesga lad you will love this one. Corals H,Cap: Aberdeen@5/2 to win by a goal Hibs@8/5 by two or more Hearts@11/5 draw or better And finally Bolton@11/5 by two or more 5pts Acca paid 466pts "Corals don,t do Saturday Nights but if they did they would be the best Saturday Nights of all"!:cheers

Nice work TBB on Quiros today and well done for taking advantage of the price:ok. Plenty in with chances tomorrow so good luck all. Pleased that I'm back on track with both the 3 balls coming in and 6/4 & 7/4. That's a 13pt profit today, taking me to -4.25pts going into the final day. Looking forward to the final round.
Well done M8 on the threeballs,I really enjoy reading your Blogs and respect your obvious knowledge of the Gentlemens game. I like to think I know my Golf as good as the next man,and i will as you quite rightly pointed out try and elaborate on future blogs,but I do sky plus the European and very rarely watch the US tour,so time is at a premium I watch 5 hours of golf in 1 1/2 hrs and thankfully squeeze in a couple of games a week on the course. You have a good Forum going and will try and contribute accurately and honestly always. In the meantime i am away to spend my winnings all 466 of them! Ching Ching!:cheers

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan decided to post a lay bet on McIlroy as i have him at 14.5 but at the current price of 3.8 i did not want to lose too much, so i have just put a lay price in for 1.75 for 5pts in case he gets to that price and then blows it! I think a decent round i.e 66 should be enough unless somethinbg comes out the pack but i think he is in a decent position now to win this. :ok

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan Kaymer is 1.02 to finish in the top 10 and that will lead me to a slight profit if I decide not to have a bet on the 3 balls tomorrow. He is 1 shot in the lead at the moment so I could be looking at a very nice profit if he goes on to win the tournament. He is currently 3 to win on betfair at the moment but not going to bother laying off as that is not my style at all but could be something I look into in the future. :hope

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan Taking 2 more for the final round 3-balls. F.Molinari to beat A.Kim & P.Lawrie, 4th round 3 balls, 4pts @ 8/5 Betfred A decent looking 3 ball here with the American, Anthony Kim, holding favouritism here. He had his best round of the week today with a 68 but I prefer the chances of the up & coming Italian. Molinari has had a pair of 68's but today only managed to shoot par. However, he finished 2009 in brilliant form, winning the World Cup with his brother whilst shooting 74 under par for his last 6 tournaments - that is some serious low scoring. Finished this tournament in similar vein last season, with a 10th place. Opened with 2 sub 70 rounds before a mediocre 3rd round, mirroring this event. Then he shot his best round with a closing 66 so I'm hoping he follows the same pattern here. Paul Lawrie completes the 3 balls but is gradually declining after shooting an opening 66 but followed that with a 70-72. In this better company, I expect that to continue and I'll take the world number 38 to take this en route to another excellent Abu Dhabi finish. T.Aiken to beat C.Villegas & R.McGowan, 4th round 3 balls, 4pts @ 9/4 Bet365 The rank outsider but not without a chance. I took Aiken today and he took that so I'll keep the faith. Stats wise, he ranks well finishing in the top 30 for all the key stats whilst Villegas & McGowan cannot say the same. Shot a 71 today but it didn't help that he opened with a bogey. He also parred 12 of the final 13 holes, playing well without getting the breaks. McGowan played the back nine first today and that clearly benefited him, shooting 3 birdies in the opening 3 holes. After that though, he was nothing special whilst Villegas is a little too inconsistent for the price he's quoted at. Aiken was 2nd at the Africa Open and, whilst he won't match that here, it would be no surprise to see him grab a top 10 so at a big price, he's the call here.

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan Pretty unlucky again today in the 2-balls. Molinari tied with Kim, returning 5.2pts, but finished -2.8pts for the day after Aiken bogeyed 1 & 17 to finish 1 behind Villegas at a knockout price. Takes me to -7.05pts in a disappointing event where some silly bets were placed. I struggled to get out of the 'poor event' mode, as this was the first top class event of the European Tour season. Oosthuizen looks nailed on for a top 10 so fair play to Bigstu with that 5/1 shot:clap. McIlroy hasn't really sprung to life so unlucky to those on him but good luck to the Kaymer guys - looks a really close battle between him & Poults:ok

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan Get In There!!! Kaymer wins with a birdie on the last hole... I won just over a grand for a silly little £2.01 accumulator!

Selection Selection Details Result
Golf
Abu Dhabi Championship
Abu Dhabi Championship Outright Betting
24th of Jan 2010 06:50 am
Outright Betting
Kaymer, Martin @ 14/1
Win
Football Matches
Premier League Matches
Liverpool v Tottenham
20th of Jan 2010 8:00 pm
To Be Booked
J Mascherano @ 21/10
Win
Football Matches
Carling Cup Matches
Aston Villa v Blackburn
20th of Jan 2010 7:45 pm
Over/Under 2.5 Goals
Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/6
Win
Football Matches
Premier League Matches
Arsenal v Bolton
20th of Jan 2010 7:45 pm
Win-Draw-Win
Arsenal @ 1/5
Win
Football Matches
African Nations Matches
Nigeria v Mozambique
20th of Jan 2010 4:00 pm
Win-Draw-Win
Nigeria @ 4/11
Win
Football Matches
African Nations Matches
Egypt v Benin
20th of Jan 2010 4:00 pm
Win-Draw-Win
Egypt @ 5/6
Win
Horse Racing
LINGFIELD
3:05 HANDICAP (0-75) 1m 2f
20th of Jan 2010 3:05 pm
Win or each way
Lovers Causeway @ Evens (GP)
Win
Stake and Return Details
Bet placed at 20th of Jan 2010 2:59 pm Total Stake £2.01
Bet type Accumulator (7) (To Win) Tax@Tax free 0
Number of lines 1 Total stake due £2.01
Stake per line £2.01 Freebets Redeemed £0.00
Channel Internet Total amount paid £2.01
Number of win lines 1
Number of void lines 0 Returns £1,028.12
:clap:clap:clap

Abu Dhabi Golf Championship

2pts Martin Kaymer to win outright @ 14/1 (Bet 365) 3pts Martin Kaymer top 10 finish @ 6/4 (Paddy Power)

Not going to opt for an each way bet on the outright here and just go straight for the win so hopefully it pays off. Kaymer won this event back in 2008 and was only 1 shot off the winner Paul Casey last year. Ended 2009 very well, he finished in the top 10 in 3 out of his last 6 tournaments including a 2nd place in the Castello Masters in his comeback from a 2 month injury where he hit an impressive score of -19 with the winner hitting -20. That proves he can come back well from a break off the course. Won 2 tournaments last year and he will be eager to get this campaign off to a good start at a course he clearly favours.

5 pts staked 37.5 pts returned 32.50pts profit :nana Glad Kaymer won, set my alarm to get up and watch but somehow slept through it and only just got up about 15 minutes ago :lol Pretty happy I have achieved an outright winner in only my 2nd tournament properly betting, something I am sure to get involved in more now :ok Well done Jonesy that is some return and well done to all the other winners :clap

Re: Golf: European Tour 2010 - Abu Dhabi Championship 21-24 Jan well done those guys on Kaymer, Jonesy that was some bet 500/1 accy!!:clap did you think of laying him off for a couple of hundred? Mcilroy didnt get going til the final 9 holes and that was too late pleased he was thereabouts for some interest at 14.5 betfair as he was never bigger than that apart from during the final round. Set up a decent 18th with that birdie on the 17th but i didnt have pictures so relied on the betfair price changes to keep up !!