** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21

I would't trust Inter as far as i could throw them.Their spending budget on players in the last few years is akin to say that of Aston villa (probably even less) and their record in the CL against this kind of team is actually very poor
mate i agree with you completely in saying that inter underachieves against small teams in the CL, but comparing Inter's budget with Aston Villa's? are you serious??? you can't compare Inter and Aston Villa in any way, and I think you might be misinformed about budget - since Moratti took over in 1995 Inter has broken the world transfer record three times, bringing in players like Crespo (25m pounds), Ronaldo (24m pounds), Vieri (32m pounds), they spent big on players like Baggio (9m pounds), Djorkaeff (8m pounds), Paulo Sousa, Jugovic (both 7m pounds) back in the late 90's, in 2000-2003 they purchased Dalmat, who was a big prospect at the time for 8m pounds, Farinos (who was essential to Valencia's run in the CL in 99-00) for 10m pounds, not to mention Emre and Okan from Galatasaray (20m pounds together), as well as Cordoba for 11m pounds when Real Madrid wanted him. Don't forget they also bought Robbie Keane from Wolves for 11m pounds in 2000 and the young lad couldn't adjust but otherwise did ok and Inter had a lot of problems then anyway. From 2003- until now they have spent big on Samuel (10m euro), Chivu (14m euro), Maicon (10m euro), Ibrahimovic (20m euro), Quaresma (20m euro), Mancini (13m euro), Muntari (12m euro), Eto'o (17m euro), Milito (14m euro), Motta (12m euro), Arnautovic (10m euro option at the end of the season), Suazo (10m euro), let alone a bunch of other players for smaller prices. I'm not saying that they were all good buys but that's close to 200m euros expenditure on players alone since 2003 - let alone before that when they had the world transfer record two or three times from 1995-2000. Inter used to have a forward line of Ronaldo, Vieri, Baggio, Zamorano which is nothing to sneeze at especially in 1999 when Ronaldo and Vieri were arguably the best strikers in the world, and Baggio was at his peak and Zamorano was still leading Chile and scoring goals all the time. sorry if this was long and all due respect but you are wrong about Inter having a smaller budget than Aston Villa, they are backed by italian industrial giant SARAS as well as a long standing agreement with Pirelli Tyres, they definitely have funds, maybe not as much as in the past but definitely they are no middleweights in transfer power. all due respect to Aston Villa of course but Inter are 17 time italian champion and winners of the UEFA Cup and European Cup (twice), Aston Villa is not quite there yet. cheers

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of experienced punters around herre #P.L.# , and great stuff ... :ok For me , in this round of matches , sticks out first ... the price on Liverpool ! @ 1.7 ish - ??? :unsure hmmm... , No thanks !!! Liverpool aren`t at full burst , and Lyon aren`t muggs ! Is obviouse that the home advantage is a big factor , considering a Liverpool win , but in my eyes that gets evens with poor form of the Reds . I also think that the lose of Lyon on the home ground is misleading . This will be another kind of "fight" . Whit a good result here , Lyon are near the finish line of the groups ... after several misses in past years ! I think this is a good motivation for them , and I really believe that they can do the job , and upset Livp. here ! Imo , the fact that Livp. needs a victory right now , its not good enough to back them ! and also whitout Torres ... :zzz. If they werre so close of getting a win from this match , then the bookies will put out on the market something like 1.50 ish for the Reds ! ...and that hasn`t happened ... I`ll definitely take them to win against Lyon if ... the price was something like 1.90 ~ 2.10 ! if not ... Bye bye ! So ... Lay Liverpool , and take the price on x2 @1.95 ! ;) ----- And for fun , wile i`m watching the game i`ll take ... half-time/full-time X-2 @10 and 2-X @13
Not saying that Liverpool are going to win, but they are actually available @ app. 1.9, which falls into your price bracket where you "would back them" and also the price @ which you are opposing them means you are actually opposing them @ 2.05 to win, ie. you are backing X2 @ 1.95 which gives odds on Liverpool @ 2.05.:unsure

mate i agree with you completely in saying that inter underachieves against small teams in the CL, but comparing Inter's budget with Aston Villa's? are you serious??? you can't compare Inter and Aston Villa in any way, and I think you might be misinformed about budget - since Moratti took over in 1995 Inter has broken the world transfer record three times, bringing in players like Crespo (25m pounds), Ronaldo (24m pounds), Vieri (32m pounds), they spent big on players like Baggio (9m pounds), Djorkaeff (8m pounds), Paulo Sousa, Jugovic (both 7m pounds) back in the late 90's, in 2000-2003 they purchased Dalmat, who was a big prospect at the time for 8m pounds, Farinos (who was essential to Valencia's run in the CL in 99-00) for 10m pounds, not to mention Emre and Okan from Galatasaray (20m pounds together), as well as Cordoba for 11m pounds when Real Madrid wanted him. Don't forget they also bought Robbie Keane from Wolves for 11m pounds in 2000 and the young lad couldn't adjust but otherwise did ok and Inter had a lot of problems then anyway. From 2003- until now they have spent big on Samuel (10m euro), Chivu (14m euro), Maicon (10m euro), Ibrahimovic (20m euro), Quaresma (20m euro), Mancini (13m euro), Muntari (12m euro), Eto'o (17m euro), Milito (14m euro), Motta (12m euro), Arnautovic (10m euro option at the end of the season), Suazo (10m euro), let alone a bunch of other players for smaller prices. I'm not saying that they were all good buys but that's close to 200m euros expenditure on players alone since 2003 - let alone before that when they had the world transfer record two or three times from 1995-2000. Inter used to have a forward line of Ronaldo, Vieri, Baggio, Zamorano which is nothing to sneeze at especially in 1999 when Ronaldo and Vieri were arguably the best strikers in the world, and Baggio was at his peak and Zamorano was still leading Chile and scoring goals all the time. sorry if this was long and all due respect but you are wrong about Inter having a smaller budget than Aston Villa, they are backed by italian industrial giant SARAS as well as a long standing agreement with Pirelli Tyres, they definitely have funds, maybe not as much as in the past but definitely they are no middleweights in transfer power. all due respect to Aston Villa of course but Inter are 17 time italian champion and winners of the UEFA Cup and European Cup (twice), Aston Villa is not quite there yet. cheers
Yea your probably right overall but i really ment in the last 2 to 3 seasons when they have desperatly needed to improve their squad they havn't (you can't count Eto he was basically a swap! ) For example, Mourinho wanted a few Chelsea players but even if they were available how could he have afforded any of them on Inter's budget? I don't know or care about the world's list of richest clubs but Inter i imagine arn't near the top and what the club earns in tv rights are a pittance compared to premiership clubs which is what counts nowadays, Yes they might in theory be able to buy a Gerrard or a Drogba but not before they will have to sell an Eto or two first. Aston Villa are a club that i mentioned off the top of my head but i honestly don't believe that their net available budget at this moment in time(when you convert euros intn pounds) is that different. Comqared to England and Spain , Italian clubs in general can't compete any more its a fact . I'm not insulting Inter Milan but the bookies odds on them to win Cl games are still based on the glory days of yester year. Based on actual CL performances in the the last few years i think i would probably back Aston Villa to beat them! I speak from my own pocket here having learned from bitter experience about the perils of backing Inter

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Come on folks of PL some good old fashioned reasoning with your posts! It's fast becoming a joke that people think leaving a list of teams or saying something like "I think so and so will win"! without any reasoning, that they think they will get their post seriously considered? Come on! it only encourages others to do the same and then the threads become a farce! If you want to post: A) Highlight the game like for instance Liverpool v Lyon B) Give some reasoning on why you feel strongly about the outcome! it doesn't have to be in depth, just a few lines like Liverpool are in great form and back it up with some stats etc... C) What bet you find attractive like: Liverpool to win 5/6 D) Who the Bookmaker is? - to help others on here get the best price if they fancy the same bet! It's not rocket science really!!! :sad

WOW LET'S ALL JUMP ON! because you say so :eyes
ok pal lyon lost on saturday because pjanic was rested on the bench. don't let this result fool you because he will play again against liverpool and am sure lyon will look a different team. pjanic is highly skilled and creative midfilder and without him lyon will be good team. as for liverpool their form is going down and i don't believe they will bounce back in this match.

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 i think liverpool will smash lyon, Lyon are a joke of a FB club, liverpool are struggling but i really do rate sunderland amongst the next big 7 (man c, big 4, tottenham, sunderland). One team to score sounds like a terrific bet, and liverpool to win to nil. Wouldn't mind taking liverpool 3-0. They will win at home. bookmark it.:unsure

Not saying that Liverpool are going to win' date=' but they are actually available @ app. 1.9, which falls into your price bracket where you "would back them" and also the price @ which you are opposing them means you are actually opposing them @ 2.05 to win, ie. you are backing X2 @ 1.95 which gives odds on Liverpool @ 2.05.:unsure[/quote'] Not really mate ... ... maybe they are available @ app. 1.9 , but that`s just a push ! and its verry much the result of bettors laying them ! The normal price for Liverpool to win was 1.65 -1.75 . My view on the game , is bassed on the initial odds offered by the bookies ! I woud be baking them if the price released by the bokies initialy were something like 1.90 - 2.10 , cause that means IMO , that Liverpool hase a real chance of winning ...something like the price on Milan - Roma in the weekend ! But with this short odds displayed on the market , I sniff the usualy bookies trick ..... 1.70 has value from the betting perspective , and is offered on a theam with a verry good home advantage ... so is easily psychological to back them ! And sorry for the misunderstanding created , cause I used my local bookies odds , and noth give any kind of reference . Butt the odds from bwin or bet365 , or any other ... were real close to what I was displaying ! :ok

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Liverpool vs Lyon Jean-Alain Boumsong (groin), Anderson (knee) and Mathieu Bodmer (groin) are all likely to be absent for the match, leaving Lyon without a recognised centre-back forcing midfielder Jeremy Toulalan to drop back.

Liverpool vs Lyon Jean-Alain Boumsong (groin), Anderson (knee) and Mathieu Bodmer (groin) are all likely to be absent for the match, leaving Lyon without a recognised centre-back forcing midfielder Jeremy Toulalan to drop back.
game over... lumping on liverpool :ok french league would struggle in the championship...joke of a league

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 I think something is wrong with the Sevilla's match.Think about it, Sevilla has beaten Glasgow rangers 4-1 away,kicked Unirea's ass 2-0 and won 5 matches in a row for La Liga before losing to Deportivo by 1 goal. Stuttgart's is worse than Sevilla by tenfolds. They drew with Unirea and has yet to win a single home match in their domestic league. Sevilla has better pace than Stuttgart but the handicap given to them is just 1/4.With so many injuries at the Sevilla side, maybe Stuttgart will win tonight instead. As for Debreceni and Fiorentina, it shld be a comfortable win by the italian team. Truth as it is, the Italian league has much contest as compared to the Hungarian league. After watching their performance over Liverpool,actually, they have great potential. Debreceni has little champions league experience and Fiorentina should be able to over power them. Watch out for Gilardino and Mutu, both of them should turn Debreceni belly up tonight. Barcelona v.s. Rubin is needless to say, a definite Barcelona win.Barcelona will be without Thierry Henry to find the opponent's net but Ibrahimovic has been named in the team. To be honest, Rubin did hold Inter Milan to a 1-1 draw during the last Champions League match ups. However, Inter Milan was facing a difficult situation at that point of them. They were drew with Bari, and needed Eto's magic to break down Parma. Barcelona should be viewed upon as a strong opponent with all the quick through passes. I doubt Rubin will score tonight and if Barcelona keeps a clean sheet, a -2 Handicap isn't too far fetched. My Picks FIORENTINA -1.5 STUTTGART BARCELONA -2.5 Good luck :cheers

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Hi Riddle I don't see where they mention that Messi maybe rested, only: All 18 available players named for Rubin Kazan www.fcbarcelona.cat Josep Guardiola has picked the same players that travelled to Valencia, the 18 that are fit, for Tuesday’s game at the Camp Nou against Rubin Kazan. New competition, same faces. Three days after the 0-0 draw at Mestalla, in their seventh league outing, FC Barcelona return to the Champions League to face their group rivals Rubin Kazan. 2009-10-19_ENTRENO_17.JPGTo do so, Pep is using the same set of players that faced Valencia. Milito, who came out for training and joined some of the activities, and also Henry and Chygrynskiy, who worked out in the gym and just came out with a fitness coach for a short while, are still recovering from injuries. Last session The squad appeared on the Camp Nou turf on schedule, at 18.00, for the second to last training session before they face Russian League champions Rubin Kazan. The players went through the usual warm up drills, and the atmosphere among the squad was as positive as ever. Positional play and shots on goal 2009-10-19_ENTRENO_21.JPGThey then worked on positions, with two players taking pivotal roles in an exercise designed to fine-tune attacking plays. It was only at this point that Josep Guardiola arrived, for he had been busy attending to the media in the Camp Nou pressroom. The session ended with shooting practice. Staying at Hotel La Florida Like he did for the game with Dynamo, once training was done, Guardiola led his players off to Hotel La Florida, where they will stay the night together. On Tuesday morning, FC Barcelona will be back at the Camp Nou for a 12.00 session. Then they will return to the hotel until kick off time. The squad Valdés, Pinto, Alves, Puyol, Piqué, Márquez, Abidal, Maxwell, Touré, Sergio Busquets, Keita, Xavi, Iniesta, Bojan, Pedro, Jeffren, Messi and Ibrahimovic. http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada09-10/10/n091019107377.html :unsure

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Barcelona v Rubin Kazan There's a huge difference in European experience here and on quality! Barcelona will no doubt be camped in Rubin's half of the pitch for pretty much the 90 mins and I can only see one outcome, in that Barcelona should comfortably win here. The team Barcelona are set to name to start is a little up in the air however looking at the players available I'm confident whoever takes to the pitch will be enough for them to score a few goals here tonight, judged on the above info taken from Barcelona's website. Rubin have been in terrible form domestically although they sit top of their league they got their first win in 4 games against the bottom club only managing to beat them 2 v 1 in their last match at home. Compare this to Barcelona's very credible draw at Valencia and it pales into comparison. The Nou Camp is a daunting place for any experienced European side at the best of times and an impossible one for inexperienced sides. Prediction: Barcelona Win -2 HCP @2.00 Paddypower **** Time of the 1st goal after 21 minutes @1.91 Paddypower **** Rubin will park the team bus here in front of their goal here and Barcelona will no doubt be slick in their passing however they never do come out all guns blazing and I would expect a team to be able to hold out for this period of time. Barcelona's average time this season in their domestic league for the 1st goal they score is 29.50 & in Europe 25.00. (info from soccerway.com) :ok

:clapChelsea v Atlético Madrid (19:45 BST)

10:clap

Will be taking Chelsea on the handily cap tomorrow. After watching A.Madrid getting thrashed by Osasuna 3-0

I was tipped about that game on tip-ex.com and what he wrote is true about A Madrid form and current situation

Tip-ex

Big price on the home win. I mean, A Madrid are generally one of the most unreliable teams there is and I cannot imagine that they will be at their best on Sunday, as so many of their key players have been away on the international circuit. Forlan, Simao and Aguero, to name some of them.

Asenjo, their keeper, should be back for this match and R Garcia, Camacho, Valera and Dominguez will also be available again. Osasuna still miss Dady and R Rodriguez, but welcome back both Delporte and Camunas. Osasuna have only lost this home fixture once in the last seven years (5-1-1). Home winner!

I watch there defence getting ripped apart on Sunday night and I can see it happening once more vs Chelsea the stats tell there own story here about how A Madrid are playing vs organized teams like Barcelona ,Valencia,Porto the price on the -1 on Chelsea with my local bookies is 1.90 so I will be taking this,Chelsea attacking opinions are fare better than Osasuna and all I see here is a 3-0 4-0 score line ……….

Good luck

Hemmalag:

Bortalag:

Senaste 6 matcher:

Datum

Turnering

Match

Resultat

Detaljer

17/10/09

Premier League

Aston Villa vs. Chelsea

2:1

04/10/09

Premier League

Chelsea vs. Liverpool

2:0

30/09/09

Champions League, Grupp D

Apoel Nicosia vs. Chelsea

0:1

26/09/09

Premier League

Wigan vs. Chelsea

3:1

23/09/09

Carling Cup

Chelsea vs. Queens Park Rangers

1:0

20/09/09

Premier League

Chelsea vs. Tottenham

3:0

Senaste 6 matcher:

Datum

Turnering

Match

Resultat

Detaljer

18/10/09

Liga BBVA

Osasuna vs. Atletico Madrid

3:0

03/10/09

Liga BBVA

Atletico Madrid vs. Zaragoza

2:1

30/09/09

Champions League, Grupp D

FC Porto vs. Atletico Madrid

2:0

26/09/09

Liga BBVA

Valencia vs. Atletico Madrid

2:2

23/09/09

Liga BBVA

Atletico Madrid vs. UD Almeria

2:2

19/09/09

Liga BBVA

Barcelona vs. Atletico Madrid

5:2

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Liverpool v Lyon - Liverpool -1 H'cap @ 11/4 Bet365 A big European night at Anfield this evening which only normally means one result, a home win. I wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool win big here either, alot depends on the opening 15 minutes, I expect them to be right at Lyon and if they find a goal then they'll go onto win by a few. They welcome back Gerrard which is sure to be a huge boost, true they've not been on form in both domestic and european ties but they normally find something, I expect them to do just that here.

Lyon are a joke of a FB club
How do you work that one out? They are pretty much the Manchester United of French football. They have some quality players, and Liverpool will struggle to score without Torres. Gerrard playing is a bonus, but unless they lay him up front, I wouldn't stick my money on a Liverpool side being led by Kuyt and Babel.

Liverpool vs Lyon Jean-Alain Boumsong (groin), Anderson (knee) and Mathieu Bodmer (groin) are all likely to be absent for the match, leaving Lyon without a recognised centre-back forcing midfielder Jeremy Toulalan to drop back.
They do still have Brazilian defender Cris though :eyes

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Event Barcelona - Rubin Kazan Selection Barcelona -2 (Asian Handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 20/10/2009 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.77 (Back) Reasoning No problems for this pick. Rubin miss best attacker and they also have problems in defense. The coach declared that they will have an attacking approach and will also try to score some goals. When this happens usually teams concede. Werder tried to attack Barcelona at home and they were bragging before the match and were struck 2-0 at home. Basel also declared to be playing for supporters and attack and conceded 5 at home. Barcelona usually plays for the draw away and for the fans at home. I think there are easy chances for this to be more than 3-0. Rubin conceded 3 at Dynamo Kyiev so they will stand no chance in front of a team like Barcelona. They might pose some danger at home because of the weather and fans and extra courrage but this is in Spain and Barcelona rulles the world on Nou Camp.

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Event Inter - Dynamo Kyiev Selection (EH -1) X Inter to win by 1 goal Strength 10/10 Date 20/10/2009 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.30 (Back) Reasoning Inter will win this one narrowly. It is Murinho's style and it is also because of Dynamo Kyiev strength. They have a good team both defensively and attackingly and I think the scores here should be either 1-0 or 2-1. Dynamo lost only 2-0 to Barcelona and Inter drew at home 0-0 in a very tactically played game where Mourinho closed very well the spaces and Inter positioning and defending was almost perfect. I think Mourinho can do just that here after he scores. And if it happens for Myilevsky or Shevchenco to score they still can score 2. I don't think that more than the 3 points are important for Mourinho. Although he is not italian he plays their style. 3 sure points here. There still is a slight chance for Dynamo to get something here but a home win looks most probable.

how many players from the french national (first 11) team actually play in the french league?
Hugo Lloris, Steve Mandanda, Francois Clerc, Jeremy Toulalan, Mathieu Bodmer, Bafetimbi Gomis, Andre-Pierre Gignac, Rod Fanni, Sidney Govou, Moussa Sissokho, Alou Diarra, Yohan Gourcuff. You'll find all these guys make the squad regularly and at least two-thirds of them play at any one time. Is that enough for you?

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Event Glasgow - Unirea Urziceni Selection Unirea 0 (Asian Handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 20/10/2009 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 3.35 (Back) Reasoning Unirea has real chances here. They should have won at home against Stuttgart but Stuttgart are lucky as usual. Glasgow have been butchered at home 4-1 by Sevilla and they barely equalised away to Stuttgart and got a point they really didn't deserve. Unirea wasn't dominated that hard in the match against Sevilla and the 2 goals were more personal achievments of L Fabiano then the result of a team dominance.Tactically Unirea are very well organized and they will defend well here too. I think they can strike once but if not the score will probably remain 0-0. Glasgow are not impressive and Unirea played well against Celtic in some friendlies this year so they can deal with scottish football.

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 AZ Alkmaar V Arsenal (-1) @ 2.5. Bit of a no brainer really. Arsenal are on fire lately, whilst AZ are not. I think Arsenal will relish playing against a Dutch side who are more likely to play them at their own game. Ronald Koeman has stated that in order to win they must dominate posession. I can't see that happening. Arsenal are one of the best sides in the world at keeping the ball and using it well. Their last trip to Alkmaar ended in a 3-0 win for Arsenal. I can't see anything but an Arsenal win. It would be different if AZ were performing well, but 6 losses so far this season in all competitions suggest they are a side on the fall. Arsenal have their injuries, but can still put out a strong side. Thomas Rosicky, Theo Walcott, Nicklas Bendtner, Eduardo, Fabianski, Djourou, and Denilson are all injured. AZ Alkmaar have no injuries to speak of.

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Anyway, we're here to make money on bets, not to debate the merits of French football, although for what it's worth most Premiership teams would love to have any one of the aforementioned players in their teams. I think tonights CL card is the most stingy of the lot. Sevilla look good value at 11/10 but even then they're missing Alvaro Negredo, Aboulay Konko and Renato, three important players. As much as I rate the French league, I think there's certainly a bit of value in 5/6 on Liverpool, but their attack is severely blunted without Torres. Bear in mind that Marseille won at Anfield last year too. Lyon created a barrelload of chances in their surprise defeat to Sochaux and will have Miralem Pjanic (FW) back tonight. Defensively they are ropey, and that might be Lyon's undoing. I wouldn't touch Rangers at anything below evens and the rest of the card looks too short for my liking.