** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20

Tuesday 20 October 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAZ Alkmaar v Arsenal (19:45 BST) 7.4 4.4 1.55 100.76 %
maximize.gifDebreceni VSC v Fiorentina (19:45 BST) 10 4.9 1.44 99.64 %
maximize.gifFC Barcelona v Rubin Kazan (19:45 BST) 1.14 10 26 101.57 %
maximize.gifInternazionale v Dynamo Kyiv (19:45 BST) 1.45 4.7 9.25 101.05 %
maximize.gifLiverpool v Olympique Lyonnais (19:45 BST) 1.81 3.6 5.7 100.57 %
maximize.gifOlympiakos v Standard de Liège (19:45 BST) 1.88 3.65 5 100.59 %
maximize.gifRangers v Unirea Urziceni (19:45 BST) 1.88 3.7 5 100.22 %
maximize.gifVfB Stuttgart v Sevilla (19:45 BST) 3.8 3.6 2.11 101.49 %
Wednesday 21 October 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifCSKA Moscow v Manchester United (17:30 BST) 4.5 3.5 2.08 98.87 %
maximize.gifChelsea v Atlético Madrid (19:45 BST) 1.41 4.9 10 101.33 %
maximize.gifFC Porto v APOEL (19:45 BST) 1.27 6.4 15.5 100.82 %
maximize.gifFC Zürich v Olympique Marseille (19:45 BST) 3.95 3.65 2.08 100.79 %
maximize.gifGirondins de Bordeaux v FC Bayern München (19:45 BST) 2.68 3.5 2.86 100.85 %
maximize.gifJuventus v Maccabi Haifa (19:45 BST) 1.25 6.8 16 100.96 %
maximize.gifReal Madrid v AC Milan (19:45 BST) 1.49 4.8 8 100.45 %
maximize.gifVfL Wolfsburg v Besiktas JK (19:45 BST) 1.41 5.2 9.8 100.36 %

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Olympiakos, chelsea and rangers chelsea are awesome at home while a.madrid just got beat over the weekend by a average team of osausuna...a.madrid did't even score a goal..got beat 3-0. Olympiakos are another strong team at home, when they visited arsenal, there goalkeeper kept them in the game wright up to 60min intill finaly arsenal broke through which is not a suprise but i think Olympiakos will want to win this at home. Standard liege got beat over the weekend by far from average team so there not going to greece in good league form. Rangers need to win against teams like these at home..this is what will get them through the group stages if they beat these average teams...honest with you i don't have a clue about the team there playing apart from they drawed with stutgate but i think rangers home form will get them through with there players like miller, novo and mendez. anyone else got any tips of opinions..throw them over :D

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 i im going for liverpool to win reason why is because they realy need this win and even if they play without gerrard and torres they still can beat Lyon... Lyon is just playing badly right now, they lost at home 0-2 this week and their striker Gomis have some health problems but he played this week in their lost.

At first glance Liverpool could be a good bet at 4/5 if Gerrard and Torres both recover. Lyon are a good side but 4/5 for Liverpool at Anfield in a game they really need to win on a European night is worth taking. Liverpool are now well off the pace in the league after defeats to Sunderland & Chelsea and defeat to Fiorentina on matchday2 means they need a win here to stay on track and their season could well be in danger of falling apart if they don't win this. If Gerrard & Torres are fit I'll take the 4/5. Rangers at 4/5 also looks decent. The Romanians have done ok so far and got a point at home against Stuttgart but Rangers will really be targeting this game as their best chance of three points. In the Champions League Rangers tend to win one of their three home games and if they don't win this it would be a massive blow to any hopes of qualification. They should see off the Romanians here. Arsenal are on fire right now and are arguably the form side in the country and should win in the Netherlands but quotes of 4/9 and 1/2 do look on the skinny side. AZ Alkmaar have an impressive home european record and 7/1 looks a big price.

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Real Madrid should do very well against AC Milan, no questions about that. You can see the difference in play. AC Milan is more technical and slower in defense as compared to Real Madrid's quick and precise counter-attacks from one flank to another. In fact,AC Milan almost lost to As Roma because of the through passes Roma was feeding to their strikers. AC Milan is TOOOO slow in closing down strikers! Although Real Madrid is without Ronaldo, Benzema and Raul should finish AC Milan off nicely. Arsenal will be a match i want avoid. Although its true that they are on red hot form at home right now, we can't say so for their away games. This is evident not just in the Champions League. Arsenal had so much problems breaking down Fulham's defence when they were at Craven Cottage. They almost lost to Standard Liege as well if not for Eduardo. But can they do it all the time? I don't know. Alkmaar is no push over. Liverpool should beat Lyon by a narrow margin. Its a perfect set up for a Liverpool strike back. Must win game, Champions League,strong opponent and most importantly, Anfield. :loon

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21

At first glance Liverpool could be a good bet at 4/5 if Gerrard and Torres both recover. Lyon are a good side but 4/5 for Liverpool at Anfield in a game they really need to win on a European night is worth taking. Liverpool are now well off the pace in the league after defeats to Sunderland & Chelsea and defeat to Fiorentina on matchday2 means they need a win here to stay on track and their season could well be in danger of falling apart if they don't win this. If Gerrard & Torres are fit I'll take the 4/5. Rangers at 4/5 also looks decent. The Romanians have done ok so far and got a point at home against Stuttgart but Rangers will really be targeting this game as their best chance of three points. In the Champions League Rangers tend to win one of their three home games and if they don't win this it would be a massive blow to any hopes of qualification. They should see off the Romanians here. Arsenal are on fire right now and are arguably the form side in the country and should win in the Netherlands but quotes of 4/9 and 1/2 do look on the skinny side. AZ Alkmaar have an impressive home european record and 7/1 looks a big price.
Benitez said that he will play with his strongest squad against Lyon and and manchester on sunday, he hopes that gerrard and torres will be rady for the Lyon match. he said he cant rest players anymores they already lost way to many points

Benitez said that he will play with his strongest squad against Lyon and and manchester on sunday' date=' he hopes that gerrard and torres will be rady for the Lyon match. he said he cant rest players anymores they already lost way to many points[/quote'] I think Benitez lost his plot ages ago :lol So when he rested his palyers then?As far as i remember Torres and Gerrard were playing every game.What he says and what he does are 2 different things.Gerrard and Tores are underperfoming at the moment anyway.there is no conection between coach and players.Yes,Lyon had a shocker at the weekend but CL is a different competition and i see them giving a fight to Liverpool.At first game Liverpool could only beat poor Debercen 1-0.I'll give Liverp. 3-4 games to win and get confidence before i bet on them.

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Barca -1 looks good.Rubin away from home in Europe is not very good.Ibra and Henry will be ready probably,Messi just needed rest after international games.I think Barca will try to take all home points,take fisrt place in their group and then rest players in last games like they did last season.Also Barca at home are always dengerous. Rubin team news: Rubin's main striker Buharov was injured this weekend and will not play against Barca. Porto -1.Porto are in top form at home as well.Have to wait for team news,if all players are fit then -1 should come up easy. Inter.Inter should be very confident after 5-0 this weekend.Don't see dynamo causing many problems there.They looked very tired against Obolon this weekend.Inter took only 2 points so far. Dynamo team news: Dynamo's main keeper Shovkovsky is out for this match.

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 AZ lost a big match this weekend. AZ has not been doing good this season at all, sitting 6th place with 11 points difference with the no1. Imo its pretty safe to say AZ will not become champion this year (eredivisie). Louis van gaal left, and ronald koeman came as coach. Things changed. AZ's main sponsor DSB Bank, went bankrupt this week. Which, at the moment, doesnt matter much for AZ. But mentally they are down hill. They may have a good european record but im doubting if they can even get a point in this match. Az is last in the poule, and they probably will try to get a draw. Arsenal to win ;for me personally the odds dont justify a (single) bet on arsenal.

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Chelsea look absolutely nailed on to beat Atlético Madrid at home, I saw Porto play both and Atlético have a mountain to climb in London... Barring major injuries to the Chelsea side I just can't see Atlético coping. Chelsea -1. As for Porto, I have no further info. on the Cypriots yet, at first glance I wouldn't touch it at these prices. Apoel look as if they're a better side than most people would judge. Also like the price on Inter, will scan for further news on them, with 2 points out of 2 matches and a trip to Camp Nou still to come Inter absolutely need to win if they are not to find themselves in a very dangerous position and Mourinho's record in this type of situation speaks for itself.

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Gerrard will be available! Torres is out!

Champions League Group E Venue: Anfield Date: Tuesday 20 October Kick-off: 1945 BST Coverage: Live commentary on BBC Radio 5 live and online, with text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobile phones. Also live on Sky Sports 2
_46572520_008143787-1.jpg Gerrard (right) took part in training on Monday while Torres sat it out
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is fit to play against Lyon in Tuesday's Champions League Group E clash but striker Fernando Torres misses out. Midfielder Gerrard sat out Saturday's controversial 1-0 Premier League defeat to Sunderland with a groin injury but returned to training on Monday. "It's important as we have had injury problems. Having Gerrard fit is a big boost for us," said boss Rafa Benitez. Spanish international Torres is still recovering from an abdominal problem. Benitez added: "Fernando is not close enough to fitness to be considered. He will miss this one but I hope he will be OK to play against Manchester United next weekend." Liverpool lie third in Group E after a win and a defeat, while Lyon have won their opening two matches. Argentine duo Javier Mascherano and Emiliano Insua are both set to start after sitting on the bench at the Stadium of Light following international duty.
o.gif 606: DEBATE With Torres out, who would you play up front? I would go Babel and Kuyt 1Liverbird 4 life
The Reds' loss at Sunderland was their fourth defeat in the league already this season, twice as many as they suffered in their last Premier League campaign. But Benitez remains convinced they can turn their fortunes around, starting with Lyon and continuing with the visit of United to Anfield on Sunday. "You can guarantee that if we win against Lyon the mood will change, and if we can win against United, the mood will be totally different," said the Spaniard. "When you are not winning, to play another game quickly and have the opportunity to change things is the best thing. "We will try to win and then everything will be different. A positive result would be massive for our confidence." Defender Jamie Carragher, who skippered the side in the absence of Gerrard at Sunderland, says Liverpool must work hard to get back to winning ways. "We will stick together and work hard on the training ground to put things right," he said. "We know we've got a good team, good players and a good manager so we've got to have belief in ourselves and keep going. "We have the quality and the belief we will get back to winning ways soon, hopefully starting on Tuesday against Lyon." Lyon lost 2-0 to Sochaux on Saturday, their first defeat of the season, and were missing injured defenders Cleber Anderson, Mathieu Bodmer and Jean-Alain Boumsong. Sidney Govou and Kim Kallstrom could play after sitting on the bench on Saturday, while Lisandro Lopez will continue to start up front despite a groin strain.
Liverpool (from): Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Insua, Aurelio, Dossena, Benayoun, Riera, Gerrard, Mascherano, Lucas, Babel, Voronin, Kuyt, Ngog, Spearing, Cavalieri, Darby, Plessis. (source: BBC Sportwebsite) My initial thoughts on this game is that it is going to be quite tight and I have a feeling that not many goals will be scored. Liverpool will be smarting no doubt after another defeat in the league and with them being beaten v Fiorentina in the last Champs League match it will be important for Liverpool not to lose this game because it will really jeopardise their participation in the knockout phase. Lyon also come into this game after a surprise 2 nil loss at home v a mediocre Sochaux side in the league. Passions will be high at Anfield and that to me will be significant for Liverpool after 3 losses away and Anfield is a very daunting place for any side to go to and get a good result on a European match night! Prediction: Under 2.5 Goals @1.91 Paddypower **** Liverpool to win 1 v 0 @7.00 Paddypower ** :ok

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Dynamo's squad fro tommorow game against Inter: GoalK:Bogush,Rybka Defenc.: Betao,Usuf,Almeida,Magrao,Hacharedi Midf.: Aliev,Vukoevich,Eremenko,Mihalik,Gusev,Ninkovich,Kravchenko,Garmash Strikers: Sheva,Milevsky,Kravec,Yarmolenko,Zozulya. Dodn't know who will paly in start 11 but squad looks quite strong. I was thinking again about this game and i'm not sure what to take: inter to win @1.4 or Dynamo +1.5 AH @1.6 I see very close game,1-0 or 2-1 Inter.Dynamo lost to Barca 2-0,usualy Inter don't score many goals in CL.

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Inter v Dynamo is a must win for Inter no question, had a cracking 5-0 win away at Genoa over the weekend, Eto didnt even play but reading the inter website i think he will play tomorrow..Milito prob will not play which is a blow as he is in sparkling form, Motta is also likely not to be fit, Dynamo came from behind to win 2-1 at the weekend and from what ive seen they have no major missings.. Dynamo are no pushovers but this is a game Inter really have to win as they still have to travel to Dynamo and barca neither of which you could be sure of three points..Inter are not top of the league in Italy for no reason though, although the Italian league is not as strong as previous years there are still good teams in it and Inter have shown a dominance that cant be ignored..tomorrow is different though and i expect a tough game for them, the early goal could be crucial as the longer Dynamo hold out the more confident they will be of getting a result..it is v.important Eto plays for me and i think he will..i am wary of a narrow one goal victory for Inter but these are my bets at what i consider fair prices and for what most would consider high stakes.. Inter -1 AH..Stake 7/10..1.7 Inter -0.5, -1 AH..Stake 5/10..1.5 Inter -1 H..Stake 3.5/10..2.37 Inter 1-0..Stake 1/10 Inter 2-0..Stake 0.5/10 Inter 3-0..Stake 0.5/10

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 I can't see Kiev being a stroll in the park tomorrow. Inter have conceded in three out of their four home games so far, and I wouldn't get carried away by the 5-0 demolition of Genoa. I remember a few years back when Inter played Kiev at the same stage, and they were expected to turn them over. Inter only won 2-1 courtesy of a 90th minute Christian Vieri winner. Kiev have only really been turned over away from home by Manchester United in the last two years. I'd be more inclined to back them on +1.5 as I can see them holding Inter to a draw or coming away with a loss by only one goal.

Inter v Dynamo is a must win for Inter no question....
hmmmm...mind games from "The special One"? "This isn't a decisive game there are still four games to go and 12 points up for grabs. It's an important game as it could mean calm or pressure," Mourinho told the press. We have two points. A team with 11 or 12 can qualify. It will be difficult for us, but not easy for Dynamo."

hmmmm...mind games from "The special One"? "This isn't a decisive game there are still four games to go and 12 points up for grabs. It's an important game as it could mean calm or pressure," Mourinho told the press. We have two points. A team with 11 or 12 can qualify. It will be difficult for us, but not easy for Dynamo."
Not seen that quote before, but i remember after the last game he was saying this one was a must win, then again it is Mourinho! We all know what hes like..i personally think it has to be considered as a 'must win' due to them having to play Dynamo and Barca away still which are certainly not easy games..a goal for Inter before half time will be crucial though as if Dynamo get to HT at 0-0 or even 0-1 it will be difficult for Inter i feel..still i've made my play, what will be will be..

Inter v Dynamo is a must win for Inter no question' date='[/quote'] I think I said the same yesterday about Villareal.I lost count of how many must win games i lost now.Took me a while to understand that THERE IS NO MUST WIN GAMES IN FOOTBALL :wall

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 I would't trust Inter as far as i could throw them.Their spending budget on players in the last few years is akin to say that of Aston villa (probably even less) and their record in the CL against this kind of team is actually very poor .I have doubts about their squad and I would worry for them finising 2nd in the group ! Dynamo always seem to score goals home or away and are a decent team. I'm a no bet here. I also would worry about Rangers ,seeing how Celtic are struggling against simialar teams in the Europa league. Two games i can't bring myself to bet on

I think I said the same yesterday about Villareal.I lost count of how many must win games i lost now.Took me a while to understand that THERE IS NO MUST WIN GAMES IN FOOTBALL :wall
Well, no its not a 'win or die' game but for the reasons outlayed previously i think they have to win this one to stand a reasonable chance to qualify as i can see a strong Dynamo team not dropping many points at home..im expecting Inter to come out and perform if they dont, well they dont i guess...:ok

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 I think Sevilla should be a safe one. Stuttgart has been devastating. With Luis Fabiano back,we can expect to see a few goals from him. Their quick attacking football should be hard to contain for Stuttgart. Barcelona will be difficult. They have difficulty scoring even at home and now Henry is injured, i wonder whats going to happen.

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Lots of experienced punters around herre #P.L.# , and great stuff ... :ok For me , in this round of matches , sticks out first ... the price on Liverpool ! @ 1.7 ish - ??? :unsure hmmm... , No thanks !!! Liverpool aren`t at full burst , and Lyon aren`t muggs ! Is obviouse that the home advantage is a big factor , considering a Liverpool win , but in my eyes that gets evens with poor form of the Reds . I also think that the lose of Lyon on the home ground is misleading . This will be another kind of "fight" . Whit a good result here , Lyon are near the finish line of the groups ... after several misses in past years ! I think this is a good motivation for them , and I really believe that they can do the job , and upset Livp. here ! Imo , the fact that Livp. needs a victory right now , its not good enough to back them ! and also whitout Torres ... :zzz. If they werre so close of getting a win from this match , then the bookies will put out on the market something like 1.50 ish for the Reds ! ...and that hasn`t happened ... I`ll definitely take them to win against Lyon if ... the price was something like 1.90 ~ 2.10 ! if not ... Bye bye ! So ... Lay Liverpool , and take the price on x2 @1.95 ! ;) ----- And for fun , wile i`m watching the game i`ll take ... half-time/full-time X-2 @10 and 2-X @13

Does anybody know what soccer betting site is the best? I am living in the US. I have an account with sportinteraction.com but they don't have many options for soccer betting. Thank you.
Try Bet365,i think it's the best one.Covers all leagues and all football matches(incl. reserves,u16,u19,u21).Also Bet365 have the best in play options and covers most of the macthes in play as well.And you can watch some matches on tiny screen.LOL

Any team news for the Olympiakos vs standard de liege??
some big problem actually;; Diogo was injured on weekend, key striker, and Maresca is also injured (important midfielder) and may not play, Derbyshire and Galletti, important attackers all still out. Liege also have injury problems, star player Defour out through broken foot, and important forward De Camargo broken toe so he won't play. But most important forward Jovanovic is fit. Olympiakos defence is great, Greek teams are good at home, smells like under 2.5 to me but I could be wrong.

some big problem actually;; Diogo was injured on weekend, key striker, and Maresca is also injured (important midfielder) and may not play, Derbyshire and Galletti, important attackers all still out. Liege also have injury problems, star player Defour out through broken foot, and important forward De Camargo broken toe so he won't play. But most important forward Jovanovic is fit. Olympiakos defence is great, Greek teams are good at home, smells like under 2.5 to me but I could be wrong.
Galetti started on Sunday and of course he is no doubt for the game, he will start 100%. Derbyshire is long term anyway... Diogo would be a blow if he were in form.