** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21

Yea your probably right overall but i really ment in the last 2 to 3 seasons when they have desperatly needed to improve their squad they havn't (you can't count Eto he was basically a swap! ) For example, Mourinho wanted a few Chelsea players but even if they were available how could he have afforded any of them on Inter's budget? I don't know or care about the world's list of richest clubs but Inter i imagine arn't near the top and what the club earns in tv rights are a pittance compared to premiership clubs which is what counts nowadays, Yes they might in theory be able to buy a Gerrard or a Drogba but not before they will have to sell an Eto or two first. Aston Villa are a club that i mentioned off the top of my head but i honestly don't believe that their net available budget at this moment in time(when you convert euros intn pounds) is that different. Comqared to England and Spain , Italian clubs in general can't compete any more its a fact . I'm not insulting Inter Milan but the bookies odds on them to win Cl games are still based on the glory days of yester year. Based on actual CL performances in the the last few years i think i would probably back Aston Villa to beat them! I speak from my own pocket here having learned from bitter experience about the perils of backing Inter
Wait a minute here, you are saying Villa can some how compete with Inter's spending power? Ridiculous. Inter brought in Lucio, Eto'o, Milito, Motta and Sneijder. Do you not figure that their wage demands are ridiculously high? So because teams in the EPL have tv rights you really think they make that much more money? Bollocks. Most of the TV coverage globally in the EPL consist of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool. The rest of the teams would be lucky to even be mentioned. Inter dominates Italy, they have a multimillionaire owner, as well as a multimillionaire sponsor. You forget everything behind the scenes. If the EPL is so superior in terms of revenue, why is a team like Pool still in the hole? Anyways back to the match, if Kiev plan to attack they will lose but if they are patient and defend they have a chance. Primarily because Inter lack creativity. Inter play better when their opponents attack and open up gaps. I'd rather play In game here as they generally are one of those teams that just sit and wait. Not one to go out on fast start unless the opponents are giving it away.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosicky is out with a knee injury and Walcott is out for a month with knee ligament damage just to set the record straight..
Ok, it's just Rosicky seemed perfectly fine when he came off vs Birmingham. He's been playing for his NT aswell so it seems likeley that he was just being rested. He looks like he'll be back for saturday so no problems there. As for theo, he's always injured!

As has been said. Both players ARE injured. Either way, they won't play. The problems you mention aren't really serious. Diaby's had a pretty decent season so far by my standards, and Arsenal have both played poorly and won, and played exceptionally well creating lots of chances. If you're an Arsenal fan, I'd be more optimistic if I were you. Gael Clichy will return tonight according to several sources. Arsenal have their first choice backline. Fabregas, Van Persie, Arshavin are all good enough for me. Also, Nasri has been out for a while now. Missing demolition jobs over Blackburn, Birmingham and Olympiakos in the process.
Nasri's been out all summer with a broken leg, he'll be back in November. Diaby is really, really bad. Gives the ball away constantly. A Decent team like Fulham really should've beaten us two weeks ago and we will field a similar lineup tonight against a team with at least the same abillity as Fulham. AZ are a decent side, they have talented players who can cause us problems, we haven't looked too convincing away from home in the last few games. Eboue is someone that we love for his effort but lacks the quality to ensure we will get 3 points. Gael force has been pretty poor this season also. I wouldn't be surprised if we draw today, we have been doing well but our defence has kept only TWO clean sheets this season. I predict a 1-1 or maybe even 2-2. There are positives like Fabregas, Arshavin, Van Persie etc.. but not enough to be sure of a comfotable win.

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Olympiakos - Standard -2.5 goals scored. Boloni already said Standard is going to play defensive and will be happy with 1 point. In AZ Alkmaar we saw a Standard playing defensive and it was really a bad match. I think it'll be the same this week. AZ - Arsenal Arsenal to win. AZ has a lot of trouble now their sponsor went bankrupt. If AZ had a perfect preparation to this game I still think Arsenal would win, but now all this is happening I think AZ won't stand a chance. Any info on the Rangers game home against Unirea Urziceni?? Don't know why the odds for a home win are so high..

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21 Hi Heniek Do they give any reasoning to these picks with best available prices/bookies?

Racing Post: Barca by two or more Fiorentina to nil Seville Olimpiakos under Liverpool under Rangers 1st goal after 27th minute Stankovic 1st (Inter) El Hamadaoui 1st (AZ)

Hi Heniek Do they give any reasoning to these picks with best available prices/bookies?
Yes mate. Good reasoning and stats. But as you know, it's a newspapper and theres no chance I could write all that down, unless it was all the same in their online version of the magazine :eyes.

First Post : Arsenal ' date=' Sevilla , Chelsea, Bayern my picks for tonight may include some league games for value . Great forum .. could use the help :D[/quote'] :welcome to PL Ben. :ok We do require reasoning behind bets mate, as these kind of posts are soon to be deleted, as they are meaningless to anyone. Just a couple of lines make all the difference. ;)

Re: Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20 Rangers v Unirea Urziceni (Tuesday 7.45pm) If Rangers are to harbour any realistic hopes of qualifying for the knockout phase of the Champions League, then a victory in this match seems essential. With Stuttgart facing back-to-back matches with an in-form Sevilla, Rangers must believe that two wins against the weakest side in the group is a must. Rangers have been criticised so far this season for playing poorly, yet they still are top and unbeaten in the Scottish league. With a comfortable win required, I think that they can do this on a cold autumn night against inexperienced opponents at this level. Unirea also lost their last match [home to Vaslui] and as far as I am aware will not be taking any away fans to Glasgow [Rangers have allocated the "away" end to the Armed Forces]. Advice: Rangers -0.5,-1 at 2.1.

Re: Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20 Sevilla look a decent bet tonight at evens against a poor Stuggart side. Stuggart will surely be worrying more about there current German league position. With Fabiano, Kanoute, Navas and Capel Sevilla will score goals and more than likely more than one. Yes they lost at the weekend away to Deportivo but on reflection should have had at least a point from that match after creating chance after chance in the second half of that match. Stuggart are out of form and will not cope well against a Sevilla side that is flying high in La liga. Sevilla club president has stated that club will go all out to secure 3 points tonight so that they can focus on La liga in the coming weeks. Sevilla -1 bet 365 3.10 :hope Fabiano 5/4 anytime goal scorer:hope

Re: Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20

There's a good offer here for anyone considering a Champions League accy this week. You get half your stake back if one of your teams loses. Very useful for me, considering my luck recently! I quite fancy Liverpool to win tonight. I know I'm a Reds fan so I'm biased but I just can't see us losing 4 on the bounce, we're at home and Gerrard is back.
but if 2 lose you get nothing

Rangers v Unirea Urziceni (Tuesday 7.45pm) If Rangers are to harbour any realistic hopes of qualifying for the knockout phase of the Champions League, then a victory in this match seems essential. With Stuttgart facing back-to-back matches with an in-form Sevilla, Rangers must believe that two wins against the weakest side in the group is a must.
"Weakest opponent in the group" might be more appropriate. Currently Rangers sit at the bottom of the group, if only by goal difference. Just joking ;)

Re: Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20 Glen Johnson Misses out for Liverpool. Martin Kelly replaces him to make his full debut. David N'Gog starts up front. I think Rafa has lost it, and I wouldn't touch Liverpool at those odds, even if Lyon have several injured defenders.

Re: Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20 No glen Johnson. Kelly makes his debut. Pjanic FGS EW 18/1 PP. Impressed with this player. Pulls the strings and pings a wicked free kick. No beach balls needed with this fella. Weather not the best tonight, with wind and plenty of rain. Not Ideal for nervy keepers.Scored 2 in CL already, including a pearler in the playoff with Anderlecht. Would expect him to be around 10's for the return. Pondered long and hard on Liverpool corners. Reckon they'll rack a few up tonight, and the stats support it. - 3 on h'cp a tad too many for my financial interest.

Like your reasoning here, Scottish football have reached a low point with results in Europe over the last few years showing up how much their standard has slipped. Both the old firm are struggling domestically and their ability to score goals against mediocre opposition a big concern for their fans. The best Rangers have played was in their first game against Stuggart when they had a 1-1 draw and looked impressive but what does that say about Stuggart who are struggling in their leauge and then only managed a 1-1 draw away to Unirea, who only lost 2-0 away to Seville which was not a bad result. I think this will be a dour defensive game and will back 1) "Neither team to score" @$10.00. 2) Under 1.5 goals @ $3.10. 3) Double with Seville to WIN/Rangers-Unirea DRAW @$7.00. All bets with sportingbet.com.au
The only thing i got right here was how bad is the standard of Scottish football.:sad

Rangers 1-4 Unirea Liverpool 1-2 Lyon Barcelona 1-2 Rubin Jesus, thats why I don't bet on this competition in the group stages. :lol
Should have known better myself. Arsenal threw it way. How the fcuk did Kazan beat Barcelona.....

Liverpool @ 1.75 :@ Barcelona -2.5 @ 2.24 :@ What a shock Arsenal -1.5 @ 2.56 :@ A night of shocks all round :wall
Tell me about it mate,i'm fcuking speachless right now...thinking about giving up betting :sad

Re: Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20 The best answer is on the field. French football a joke, ahah:spank 4 bets / 5 for me, only Barça lost. Sorry for Liverpool's fan, it still a great team and I wish you a good season. English football is very spectacular and it's a pleasure for me to see match like Chelsea vs Liverpool last year. See you on friday for Ligue2