** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis: US Open

Re: Tennis: US Open Carla Suarez Navarrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u Beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: US Open

Carla Suarez Navarrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u Beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
:lol you're cleaning up....:dude

Re: Tennis: US Open yeah sela let me down in an accumulator with peng....very disappointing!actually didnt think 4 a second that it wouldnt win!!but thats betting!!d andreev result was very strange!!although igordoes throwin d odd shocker!! anybody else fancy bellucci 4 tomorro!!anyway, i also think a robredo hewitt double is a good bet!!obviously radwanska and melzer r d napsbut i have a feelin there will be some upsets tomoro in d womens!chang, baczinsky,de brito,flipkens and possibly even voegele could cause shocks!!dont fancy shocks in d mens but id be pretty weary of dev verman in case anybody is thinkin of puttin kohlschreiber in an accumulator!!and i wouldnt back against santoro makin a shock either!

Re: Tennis: US Open yeah gooner, ive had a great day again! but still feel greedy! was so close with d safarova bet and georges handicap! rogowska handicap came in easy though...she nearly won d bloody thing!!still waiting n mchale and perry but i thinkthey were good shouts!!im angry with myselfthough 4 puting a bet on razzano!!my worst bet so far! anyway, what u think of koellerers chances against machado?? think youzny will beat chuidinelli comfortably and d beck and mnfils matches could beat d overs!dunno though!ya cant bet on them all!!

Re: Tennis: US Open Good tip Matt on Murray/Gulbis. 4w-2l for tournament now after Navarro's comeback last night.Already placed bets on Melzer and Radwanska for today. Thinking over a couple more...some possabilities: Bellucci/Lu...cant split these guys.Over looks best bet as Repunt has above. Guccione/Cuevas...big server Guccione should take this.price is a bit short though Federer/Greul over 26.5 games...Fed can start a bit slow, Greul only needs 9 games so good chance. Bartoli/Clijsters over 20.5 games...Clijsters killed her in Cincinnatti but Bartoli will likely be better today.Could go to 3. De Brito/Na Li...4/1 is big price for De Brito.Talented player and can push close maybe. Safer bet looks De Brito +5.5 games at 5/6...really thinking of going big on this one. Any opinions welcome lads.

Good tip Matt on Murray/Gulbis. 4w-2l for tournament now after Navarro's comeback last night.Already placed bets on Melzer and Radwanska for today. Thinking over a couple more...some possabilities: Bellucci/Lu...cant split these guys.Over looks best bet as Repunt has above. Guccione/Cuevas...big server Guccione should take this.price is a bit short though Federer/Greul over 26.5 games...Fed can start a bit slow, Greul only needs 9 games so good chance. Bartoli/Clijsters over 20.5 games...Clijsters killed her in Cincinnatti but Bartoli will likely be better today.Could go to 3. De Brito/Na Li...4/1 is big price for De Brito.Talented player and can push close maybe. Safer bet looks De Brito +5.5 games at 5/6...really thinking of going big on this one. Any opinions welcome lads.
Agree with you on Federer games. Clisters I have taken just to win. You'd need 6-4, 7-5 for that match to be over 20.5. Cann't see it be that close. Clisters is on a mission and the first set may be close - But Bartoli always has the habit of losing a set 6-1. She would therefore need to get it to a third set and I'm more comfortable with the win on Clisters

Re: Tennis: US Open Yeah may just stick with Melzer and Radwanska. Inclined to go with Fed overs and De Brito +5.5 but we'll see later. Clijsters isn't really a good match up for Bartoli...defends well and her groundstrokes are penetrating too.Have a feeling Bartoli will perform better than she did last time they played but not confident enough to put cash on it.

Re: Tennis: US Open Can't find any decent bet.Was thinking to take De Brito +5.5,but will stay away because of the often seen scenarios when players with big quality gap meet each other.Larcher could enter the match fired up and win first set tight and than loose second like 6-0 or 6-1 preparing to give her best in the third.No bet for me.. Really like chances of A.Radwanska but the price looks short.Looking to find partner for her and place them in a double,may be Melzer..:unsure

Re: Tennis: US Open Melzer v Safin, Melzer(-3) @2.03, Pinnacle Lots of people on Melzer today. Usually i don't like public bets but in this one i can't see any other outcome than Melzer's win in four sets at most. Melzer is 7-9 on hardcourts this year, nothing special, he played Montreal, Cinci and New Haven as a preparation for USO. He managed to win Cuevas, Hanescu and F.Lopez but lost to Verdasco, Bennetau and Hanescu. Marat past his best long time ago, his best results were 1/4 Q's in LA last year and this year. Beside that, pretty bad results for player with such reputation. His main problem IMHO is lack of motive and poor physical shape, not to mention mental issues. Melzer is a favourite, has 3-1 h2h, and will win this. Will it be enough to cover this handicap, we'll see. Looking at Marat's results recently, he mostly gives away one set with smth like 6-1, 6-2, i don't expect anything different this time cause there's no sign of change in his form, motivation or approach. Monfils v Chardy, Chardy @2.90 Pinnacle There was some sense in backing Monfils at 1.70+, but now i just can't ignore some value on Chardy's side. Chardy has game for hard courts, his serve is pretty solid, and he has some powerful shots. Looking at 2008/09 he had few noticeable results; finals in Johannesburg, 1/4 Q Sydney, semis in Delray Beach... In pre-USO tournaments he wasn't too successful, however he won Robredo, Lu and Isner(retired). Monfils lost to Karlo and JCF in Cinci and Montreal, so not the best was to prepare for USO. Last year he lost to Fish here in USO, beside that his reults are similar to Chardy's. While Monfils is more consistent(usually) from the baseline, Chardy has the upper hand in serve&volley game IMHO. I'm always suspiscious over Monfils and his stamina, this is potentially a long and exhausting match and that's where is see another minus for him. To sum it up, Chardy is underrated in this match, he can make problems to Monfils and everything above 2.40 for him is a value. Koellerer v Machado, Over 39 @1.92 Fonbet Two typical claycourters and basically two even players. Austrian comes here in USO after winning challenger in Trani on clay. Before that he played semis in San Marino, also on clay. Portuguese played and lost his only game on hardcourts this year, in DC to Baghdatis. Still, last year he won Massu, Cippola and de Voest in USO, so he has some experience here. This should be a very long match, as i said, both players are very even on this surface and are pretty shaky and inconsistent. I expect at least four sets and many ups and downs from both of them.

Sport Tennis
Event Andreas Beck v Evgeny Korolov
Selection Lay Evgeny Korolov (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.86 (Lay)
Reasoning I really like Beck in this match. He's making his breakthrough year and should at least win a round here. Only played one warm up tournament in New Haven losing first round to Bolelli but still I think will be OK. Korolev really struggles last few months without any good wins. Also over 5 sets I think will suit Beck.
Sport Tennis
Event Gael Monfils v Jeremy Chardy
Selection Lay Jeremy Chardy (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.92 (Lay)
Reasoning Surely Monfils has more to offer in this match. He's an excellent hard court player when playing well. Since coming back from injury not too many results, but losses to in form Ferrero and Karlovic who is always tough. I watch both of these matches and I thought he was playing OK. Chardy reasonable player, but I don't like so much on hard court and Monfils should win.

Sport Tennis
Event Jurgen Melzer v Marat Safin
Selection Over 38.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 02/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning This just seems like close match. Safin last time at US scene of his best tournament. Crowd behind him I think he can perform one more time! Look at his matches over the summer, a lot of 3 set matches just because sometimes he awesome and other times error after error. Melzer is a tough opponent for him, and I just think this will be really close.

Sport Tennis
Event Amelie Mauresmo v Aleksandra Wozniak
Selection Lay Aleksandra Wozniak (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.15 (Lay)
Reasoning Mauresmo in a great slam is surely too strong. Mauresmo didn't play many lead up events but last week in New Haven making semi final. Don't think too much about that loss to Vesnina as it was indoors after massive rain delay so not important. Now in grand slam motivation up expect her to play well. Wozniak hits the ball well but no variety and Mauresmo will surely be able to exploit. Wozniak not having a very good summer and don't think it gets better today.
Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Anabel Medina Garrigues v Kirsten Flipkens
Selection Kirsten Flipkens
Strength 10/10
Date 02/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.50 (Back)
Reasoning This looks liek a good chance for upset. Garrigues form not so good and isn't really a hard court player. She's a goof fighter but really on hard court game is limited. Flipkens is a good player but injuries stop her getting higher so far. She looked pretty good against Dokic in first round and has a good chance here.

Re: Tennis: US Open I think this year will be murray's at Flushing meadows. And his last year performances over the second part of the season were brilliant, even if he has a lot of point to defend, my tipster is that Murray could win this US open and Rafa Nadal isn t gonna win his 2nd world rank back before the end of the season, murray might even get into a battle with Roger to win the title of ATP number 1 at the end of the year.

Re: Tennis: US Open fancy azarenka to beat the 6.5 handicap with ladbrokes! strycova zahalova is a great fighter but ultimately is a bit of a plugger and has no weapons to hurt azarenka and should get hammered by the ruthless azarenka! also think mirza plus 5.5 is an absolute steal against penneta!! they have a close head to head record(pennetta leading 3-2) and mirza generally plays well in d slams!her first round win against govortsova reads fairly well and she has a classy game and when on form fine can miz her groundstrokes with the best in the world!she's run players like venus and kuznetsova very close in d slams before!its her tightness in big moments that lets her ranking down but tightness doesnt really matter when ur talking handicaps!i also think she is worth a pop at 4-1 to winthough pennetta is in great form at the mo...just 4 value!!or maybe the overs 19 games is best bet!

Re: Tennis: US Open that 5.5 going about de brito is very tempting but im just bit worried as de brito does suffer from mental lapses in matches and is often liable 2 lose a set 6-1 or love even so the over 18 or 19 games bet appeals more to me!!i actually think she should be backed at 4-1 2 win the match!very talented, loves the big stage and the fight and li's form is suspect enough also chang was 2 big at 7-2 to beat rybarikova!ya never know what ur gonna get from rybarikova sometimes and chang has had very impressive qualifier results,bet arvidson who was actually back on form and then bet kanepi!she is young and new and now is d time 2 take advantage of her anonymity! i would have thought 7-4 would have been d right price there! flipkens is big price 2 surprise medina!medina seems 2 be goin through d motions recently, was never really a force on hard courts and flipkens got 2 3rd round of wimbledon and has a great forehand...though can only slice with backhand cant hit through it at all...but medina doesnt really have d weaponry 2 take advantage of that!im not sure about this but 5-2 seems 2 big a price! determined baczinsky at 2-1 could surprise hantuchova who is not d same player she was two years ago and struggled in d first round!timea almost bet safina here last year and elena at wimby so she is not afraid of d big guns! finally maybe voegele is worth a small punt at 3-1 against schiavone!

Re: Tennis: US Open as 4 the mens, i fancy koellerer against machado!beat him comfortably 2 weeks ago on clay, his confidence is up and has had better hard court results this year!also machado lost 2 kindlman in qualifying which doesnt arouse confidence! belluci against lu!belluci won allianze de suize few weeks ago so confidence is up, he also got 2 the brazil open final beaten in3 by robredo, he qualified easily!he's young and very determined!any time ive seen lu ive been very impressed but his results suggest otherwise!he did beat belluci at aussie open but belluci has improved since then i reckon!worth a small punt vesnina to win in straight sets 4-6 powers is good price!she is very confident and is just a league ahead of craybas

Re: Tennis: US Open Kiefer v Llodra, Llodra @3.40 bet365 Omg, how did i missed this match... I just love to go against Kiefer nowadays, his best days are over long time ago and he's not able to play some high level tennis anymore. Of course, Llodra is not a world class beater too, far from that, but on big tournaments he can beat such players like Kiefer. Llodra didn't played too many tournaments this year, he had some injury problems, they were the reason he lost in Wimby to Haas, and he carefully picks his tournaments. Llodra has two most important characteristics for hard-courts, serve&volley, while his baseline play is not so well. On the other hand,Kiefer is an all-rounder, he has no big advantages or disadvantages but he makes huge number of UE's. This could also be the case today against very offensive and aggressive frenchmen. All in all, these odds are way too high from my point of view and Llodra has decent chances to advance. I decided to take odds from bet365 though, because of the void rule, in case of possible retirement although Kiefer had some injury problems too. 5dimes has 3.50 in their offer, while bet365 has slightly lower 3.40 odds.

Re: Tennis: US Open I'll go with one this evening. 3pts L.Hewitt vs JI.Chela - Over 33.5 games 5/6 Ladbrokes This line looks pretty low to me. Both these guys are scrappers. Chela possibly not as much as Hewitt but he's still a pain in the arse to get rid of. These two have played each other 6 times in the past and generally they are close matches. If this is won in straight sets, you'd think Hewitt will win it but that doesn't mean to say he won't concede 16 games in the process but I fully expect whoever loses to take at least one set in this match and if we see 4 sets we're as good as certain to see 34 games. I think this could turn into a bit of a battle and so I like the over here.

Re: Tennis: US Open Chela v Hewitt, Hewitt(-2.5) @1.91 Paddy Power Hewitt disposed Alves yesterday in 3 easy sets, 6-0, 6-3, 6-3, and i believe something like that we might see today as well. Chela doesn't have too many matches on hardcourts this year under his belt, he played some challengers in Brazil before coming here to USO, but not against higly rated opponents such as Hewitt. Both players best weapons is baseline play, and Hewitt is a lot more consistent in that department, he has better movement and is physically better prepared. I was tempted to go with under 36.5 @1.83 at Will Hill but i didn't had too much success with u/o bets lately, so i go with this option cause i doubt this line won't be covered in case of four sets.

Re: Tennis: US Open Isner vs Ilhan under 37.5 games @ 5/6 Think Isner will win this match pretty comfortably.Got the big serve so will be able to hold majority of the time, Ilhan was getting broken quite a bit in the first round against Rochus.I see Isner getting alot of chances to break here.His tie-break record is also quite good if it goes that far.See if it falls under 37.5 games. Maximo Gonzalez +4.5 games over Witten @ 5/6 Was tempted to back Gonzalez outright here but handicap might be safer.He is a fighter no doubt, I've lost money before going against him.Mainly a clay-courter but showed good fight to win in 5 against Beck as underdog.Witten has come through pretty comfortably in the qualifiers and I don't know what to say about his win over Andreev.Only seen a bit of that match and it seemed like Igor had no patience, trying to hit winners unsuccessfully.Need to make Witten work, clearly not an athlete and Gonzalez could do that today.Let's see how it pans out. GL everyone!