** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis: US Open

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: US Open @ Gooner And it was your first looser for the tournament.In case the things goes wrong with CSN(hope not) it'll not be my first loosing bet.Besides I am placing my bets by my own and I am happy to see other punters opinions,find them very helpful.BOL today,everyone :hope

Re: Tennis: US Open So it seems Suarez-Navarro and Troicki are the certainties for today...:lol..we'll see. Very tempted to go with Troicki now after all the talk - the recent injuries put me off. Thing is I've never seen Luczak on HC(and not much matches at all) before but thats mainly because he rarely plays on it.Just know I'll regret not backing Troicki at this price so might do it.

Re: Tennis: US Open

To be fair Maroon, you could replace Suarez-Navarro's name in your post with most women in the WTA. Most of them are incredibly unreliable. Best of luck with your picks everyone.
You are right IAG - Probably sticks in my mind more as I remember her a few months back betting turned over by some Canadian novice. Threw that match away. I'll add Jankovic, Ivanovic, Sharipova to my list as well who I just have no confidence in at very short odds. All are a Ball toss away from throwing their service games away.

Re: Tennis: US Open Not so many today

Sport Tennis
Event Karol Beck v Maximo Gonzalez
Selection Lay Maximo Gonzalez (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 01/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.50 (Lay)
Reasoning Beck looks good to me here. He impressed at Wimbledon from qualifying beat F Lopez then lost 5 sets against Almagro. Since then solid results on challengers. He's done well in US Open in the past and will like quick conditions. Gonzalez nice player on clay but hard court form pretty non existant.
Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Fernando Verdasco v Benjamin Becker
Selection Benjamin Becker +8 games
Strength 10/10
Date 01/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.77 (Back)
Reasoning This seems pretty good. Head to head shows Verdasco 2-1 but meetings have been fairly close. I think if Becker serves OK he should be able to keep this fairly close and +8 is too many games to be giving him. Verdasco strong player but is prone to periods of errors and should give Becker some chances.

Cramer - You offer some good analysis and info - Same with F1 at weekend' date=' but relax with the 10/10 strength. If you were to go with 10/10 on everything you would be broke big style.[/quote'] Thanks Maroon, but I just do 10/10 for sports-punter.com competition:ok

Sport Tennis
Event Svetlana Kuznetsova v Julia Goerges
Selection Julie Goerges +6.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 01/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning I think it's worth going against Kuznetsova, at least on handicap. She is having very poor summer by her standards, bad play and losing tight match. She says motivation different for grand slam, of course, but still can be difficult to start playing well. Goerges does OK in lower level tournaments and I think she likes big occasion. Probably not causing upset but can keep within 6.5 games.

Re: Tennis: US Open the bet of the day is caroline wozniacki minus 6.5 games against voskoboeva!! wozniacki is like azarenka in d way that when she comes up against inferior opponents she is ruthless and tends to hammer them! voskoboeva is capable of beating herself anyway but wozniacki is in great form and should beat d handicap comfortably! also possibly georges to give kuznetsova a decent match and i think it could go over 17 games!but wozniacki is the bet!!

Re: Tennis: US Open thats with ladbrokes and hills by d way! single bets, i really like troiki against luczak!luczak has had decent form in challengers this year but has never done anything in the slams and though troiki is an inconsistent performer, he generally brings his a-game to slams and beats inferior performers! luczak is not neccessarily that much inferior but troiki is a motivated battler in slams and has the bottle to come through!The injury worries surrounding troiki are discouraging but im pretty sure if he's not feelin up 2 it he'll retire and if he is fit and motivated im sure he'll win!

Re: Tennis: US Open i tipped troiki yesterday coz of the price! i also tipped carla suarez when she was at evens!!she has had a bad run of results in the lead up to us open which is why she was underdog against the very average lepchenko!!but you dont just become a bad player over night and there is obviously a huge gulf in class between these two players!!carla plays her best stuff at the slams!!she has got to the quarters at the aussie open, almost bet azarenka and the french open and was a quarter finalist last year, and was only knocked out by venus in d third round at wimbledon this year and venus destroyed everyone except serena!! she certainly is streaky and inconsistent enough over the course of the year but seems to save her best stuff for the slams!! get her now at 8-11 with powers!

Re: Tennis: US Open aslso fancy the up and coming mladenovic against dubois!she got 2 the wimbledon juniors final and in the french open only narrowly lost to rybarikova while she also gave medina a decent game at the aussie open so thats enough form for me to suggest she will beat dubois who has a terrible record in slams and doesnt seem to have any form or confidence at the moment!!mladenovic was 2-1!! and i fancy sevestova against tanasugarn!think she could win easy in fact!tanasugarn looks a finished player on this type of surface!sevestova is young and talented,very good forehand and definately has the game to win here!! however, if it is close tanasugarn will prob win coz im not convinced sevestova has the mental toughness yet, and does seem to get tight on big points!tanasugarn is experienced and has plenty of bottle!though my gut says that sevestova wont hit her off the court!

Re: Tennis: US Open cheers mate! ialways pay close attention 2 ur tips!had a great day yesterday! had chang,flipkens,de brito,chuidinelli, kohlschreiber,mirza, overs game in d venus match,mattek, m sanchez,voegele, mayer and isner...all single bets!!my losers were lapennti, schuettler, gil,and d overs on d youzny match!but happy enough!havin bad day so far today though!

Re: Tennis: US Open Just placed bet on match tomorrow A.Radwanska over Kirilenko @ 1/2 Suspect price will drop here.Kirilenko is good player, losing to higher ranked players mostly throughout summer.Should happen again here.Radwanska is smart player, solid tactics and not many unforced errors.Served ok in first round win over Mayr.She retired last week against Razzano in New Haven with wrist/hand injury but showed no ill effects yesterday.Will take the price here.

Re: Tennis: US Open Murray v Gulbis Under 29 @2.07 Pinnacle Muzza is very fired up for this tournament. With Rafa out of form, Nole playing hot and cold to often, and Federer who past his best and lacks motive, he sees his opportunity to go all the way. Andy was almost perfect in Montreal , losing only one set against JMDP and winning Chardy, Ferrero, Davy and JWT one after another. After that, in Cinci he lost to Fedex but he's not to excited over that defeat. AFter all, USO is much more important for him. Gulbis dissapointed me, i expected a lot more from him and he's currently barely in top 100. He is 6-9 this season on hard and couldn't pass more than one round so far in hardcourts season. Murray huge favourite in this match, i expect a furious start in this years USO and easy win in three straight sets. Gulbis can't do much here but try to take few games in every set. I wouldn't take these odds if they were lower than 1,85, but 2,07 is too much.

Re: Tennis: US Open yeah gooner, that radwanska price is a top 3 steal of d tournament!!kirilenko is back in good form but nowhere near agnieskas class!! i ended up backing safarova aswell! sickened!!!im havin very bad luck with third set tie breaks for d last 2 years!!but all is good!ZEBALLOS came in d beauty and istomin and hopefully troiki will come in 2 in typical fashion makin it hard 4 himself lookin like he's fallin apart and then finding somethin new!!dont count ur chickens though!!

Re: Tennis: US Open Another for tomorrow.Still waiting for Suarez-Navarro match: Melzer over Safin @ 8/11 Melzer looking quite good last week in New Haven getting a few wins under his belt.Has played quite well here before...led murray 2-0 here last year before losing.Have had mixed luck backing Melzer in the past, not really reliable player.On the other side though is Safin.Coming to the end of his career, not playing great anymore, no patience and losing the head from time to time.Will side with Melzer here but potentially a long match.Might also look into overs market tomorrow. GL!

Re: Tennis: US Open melzer has 3-1 record against safin speaks 4 d fact that his variety and style of play upsets safin!he's in good form, safin is in woeful form,melzer is usually very reliable in first few rounds of grand slam so ya have 2 back him at 8-11! d only thing that would scare me is if safin just has one last inspired tourney but its worth backin against that!!so thats d bet of d day!

Re: Tennis: US Open yeah agreed on Safin/Melzer.He could produce one last performance...thing is I can't actually put real money on him.Only time I've backed him in years was in monte carlo this year against Hewitt because Hewitt was only flying in that day after winning in Houston I think.Clearly had no chance but still two tough sets. Also seen De Brito's price...seems very big to me at 4/1.Value if anything.

Just lost with Safarova against Schnyder 4-6 6-3 7-6. Safarova was 5-2 up in the tie-break and went on to lose.
Schnyder showed some good composure. Could have cost me four figures that one. Needed a 1.50 lay to get even and fortunately got it, but took till she was 7-6 in the Break. Navarro now - Fancy her to collaspe tbh. Leading 3-1 in last with a break

Re: Tennis: US Open Nice profit for the day for me,hitting 3/3,with the overs on Verdasco and two more with the help of Corinthian and Gooner,good punts on Troicki and Suarez-Navarro guys.:cheers Nothing really tempted by on tomorrow's card with exception of this,already placed the bet..:hope

Bellucci v Lu - over 37.5 games @ 1.9 Bellucci throught the qualies showed improvement in his game on the surface,and now he's a slight fav. against Lu even Brazilian was demolished in their only previous meeting and it was this year in 1st round of AO(same surface).Bellucci maybe is little overrated here but surely is quality player,bookies even think that he's enough capable of beating Lu !I am not sure in that as Lu has good slam experience behind him and this is his fav. surface.Clearly remember him upseting Nalbaldian on AO this year,however imo this should be tight match and the overs are most expected outcome to me.Four setter could get the job done and I can't see this one finishing in less than four..:hope