** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Betfair Challenge - Team Kent

GaF

Ok - everyone else has a thread, so we should follow suit. (If you prefer to discuss anything by PM - then feel free to do so :ok) With Washy, Uber and Heniek aboard, I definitely make us the ante-post favourites :) So lets see, what needs to be decided? How do we split the games? I'd propose no schedule as such - if we all intend to play a third of the games or so - then it should work pretty well by itself. I'll probably just play a lot of the games anyway - so hopefully there will be at least 2 of us in most games (and then it's automatic which of us is picked for the team representative). Only exception may be Washy - as he's away for a short part of it, we may want to make him the sole entrant a couple of evenings before he goes away to build his games up. It doesn't matter (IMO) if we dont all play exactly equal number of games, however it's good if it works out roughly equal. "Chasing Boost"? I'm pretty keen to max out the boost - I think with the group of players we have it should be pretty easy if we play a certain proportion of our regular games on Betfair. So if we all aim for 750 points each in the first week - if any of us are dropping behind, we can let the others know (as early as possible) so that we can pick up the pace if necessary. (I think it's fairly easy to track Betfair Points through the Betfair website). Even if we are short in the first week, so long as we're not more than 1000 points short, we can still max out (good to keep that buffer in reserve if we can) September Prize Money We have two options that I can see here: 1) We can have a team wallet and all buy in from the team wallet, and share prizes into the team wallet - sharing equity equally. This could either be just for the team representative, or anyone entering the scheduled event. I dont mind tracking it. Would mean transfers needed at the end of the month (probably through Pokerstars with no transfers on Betfair) 2) We can finance games ourselves, keeping prize winnings and losses individual. This removes the need for transfers at the end of the month. I have no strong preferences between either option - so give me feedback on what you prefer guys Sharing Potential October Prizes Again a number of options I can think of: 1) Share the prizes equally - play an equal(ish) number of $109 games each - either share all prize money retained equally or keep individual retained winnings. 2) Split playing the $109 games by proportion of gross winnings each team member achieved and either use the same split for retained winnings or split retained winnings equally I actually quite like option 2 - splitting the retained winnings by the proportion of Gross winnings earned in September (and playing approximately the same proportion of games) - to add a small competitive edge amongst the team (and I am clear in my mind that I am the weakest member of the team - so not saying this for any personal gain). Maybe guarantee all players a minimum of 2 games each, to make sure everyone gets their shot at the game. Team Captain I'm happy to put myself forward to be captain. I'm equally happy for someone else to take on the role :ok Anything I've missed? :unsure Let me know your views guys :ok

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Kent i'm happy with proportional buy ins and also happy to finance individually as well,seems like the simplest way to do it:ok i'm sure it'll work out pretty easy to split the 18k buy ins fairly as we are all pretty easy going i'm also happy with you being captain as well trev,a sane voice among the pissheads:lol

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Kent

2) Split playing the $109 games by proportion of gross winnings each team member achieved and either use the same split for retained winnings or split retained winnings equally
Just thinking that may actually be quite tricky to keep fair/proportionate. For example - the Sunday night games have a $20 buy in, so gross winnings will be higher than someone playing the $5 games, by default. I still like the idea of some friendly competition within the team - but may require a little more thought :unsure (or maybe we can all take one Sunday night game each and then decide that the rest will probably be pretty equitable....)

Just thinking that may actually be quite tricky to keep fair/proportionate. For example - the Sunday night games have a $20 buy in' date=' so gross winnings will be higher than someone playing the $5 games, by default. I still like the idea of some friendly competition within the team - but may require a little more thought :unsure (or maybe we can all take one Sunday night game each and then decide that the rest will probably be pretty equitable....)[/quote'] Why not proportion the $5 games first, get a running total and then work out the $20 games from there? or is that not possible? I dont have a clue, as maths aint a strong point.

Why not proportion the $5 games first' date=' get a running total and then work out the $20 games from there? or is that not possible? I dont have a clue, as maths aint a strong point.[/quote'] I'm not sure I totally understand :unsure I'm starting to think that we should just keep it as simple as possible throughout - so... How do we split the games? No schedule, just ensure at least one person turns up (more doesnt matter) each evening - should end up about even Chasing Boost? This is pretty simple - we need to shoot for 750 points each in the super boost week - if we get it great - if we dont, so be it.... September Prize Money? Easiest to buy ourselves in and keep winnings indicvidually Potential October Prizes? We'll aim to play a roughly equal number of games each and share any retained winnings equally Team Captain? Looking like I'm the only candidate! Anyone anything to add? Agree? Disagree?

am i right that its our best score on each night and we can all play each night ,if we wanted to:unsure.
No, not the best score, but yes you can all play if you want (but no advantage in this other than a means of earning points).
If two or more players from a team enter a specified event, then the team representative will be the player who has so far represented their team the least. If two or more players from a team enter a specified event and they have both been the team representative the same number of times, then the team representative on this occasion will be the player listed first alphabetically (in the order listed alphabetically in the Betfair lobby)

I'm not sure I totally understand :unsure I'm starting to think that we should just keep it as simple as possible throughout - so... How do we split the games? No schedule, just ensure at least one person turns up (more doesnt matter) each evening - should end up about even Chasing Boost? This is pretty simple - we need to shoot for 750 points each in the super boost week - if we get it great - if we dont, so be it.... September Prize Money? Easiest to buy ourselves in and keep winnings indicvidually Potential October Prizes? We'll aim to play a roughly equal number of games each and share any retained winnings equally Team Captain? Looking like I'm the only candidate! Anyone anything to add? Agree? Disagree?
Happy to go with the flow GaF, and glad to be back on the team :ok Am just about to start playing a bit of cash, but will also be playing the 18k tonight for extra points :hope

Gaf, I take it your sat at your tables without chat on? I think i've been talking to a brick wall, lol!
lol - afraid so - I have the toruney window open! I saw GirlyWirly on a few of my tables - but I didnt see you :unsure Am playing $5.50+$0.55 DoNs - they're rapid!! My average game time is 22 minutes! (I won one in 16 minutes!) Felt the standard of play was very poor (seemed everyone on the tables had a VPIP of over 50%!!) - and then proceeded to lose 6 of my first 7 :lol :lol :lol Recovered a bit with 3 from 5 to go 4 from 12 overall :sad 4 tabling I've played 12 games in about an hour 40 minutes - I reckon that's about 80 Betfair Points - so I think I'll get to 750 Betfair Points this week relatively comfortably (especially if I get to the position where I can move up to $11+$1.10 DoNs as I hope to :unsure)

lol - afraid so - I have the toruney window open! I saw GirlyWirly on a few of my tables - but I didnt see you :unsure
you could have clicked on chat instead, there isn't much of it anyway :P I was at a 5.50 table with you and got a FH on my first hand!

Am playing $5.50+$0.55 DoNs - they're rapid!! My average game time is 22 minutes! (I won one in 16 minutes!) Felt the standard of play was very poor (seemed everyone on the tables had a VPIP of over 50%!!) - and then proceeded to lose 6 of my first 7 :lol :lol :lol Recovered a bit with 3 from 5 to go 4 from 12 overall :sad 4 tabling I've played 12 games in about an hour 40 minutes - I reckon that's about 80 Betfair Points - so I think I'll get to 750 Betfair Points this week relatively comfortably (especially if I get to the position where I can move up to $11+$1.10 DoNs as I hope to :unsure)
How are you getting on with these? The rake is a bit of a killer isn't it? They are fast though and a bit strange starting with just 1k chips which makes them even quicker.

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Kent The rake is the same as Boss, which is what I'm used to playing. Being 6 seater has an impact, as does the 1000 starting chips -I'm not sure you can be as patient as you can on boss :unsure I'm up to 5 wins and 8 losses, so closing the gap (after winning 1 of first 7!!)

well i should have racked up a fair few points today. multi tabled 10c/20c 6 max omaha for about 3 hrs:nana:nana but i'm down $35:sad didnt help getting rivered by al hitting a fh on the river with 2 pair when id put him all in with the nut flush on the turn:puke .
yeah sorry about that....mind you Betfair got its revenge on me,didnt it? from $115 to zero in a couple of hands :sad

The rake is the same as Boss, which is what I'm used to playing. Being 6 seater has an impact, as does the 1000 starting chips -I'm not sure you can be as patient as you can on boss :unsure I'm up to 5 wins and 8 losses, so closing the gap (after winning 1 of first 7!!)
The rake is the same? really? Seems more...! :wall You will notice from my betfair nickname on sharkscope (some cool swings on my chart) ive played a fair bit on betfair including quite a lot of the DoN. Personally I don't think you have to be any more aggressive and I remember of a fair few occasions getting to the cash without playing a hand. I lost most of my money on the heads up games, which are a nightmare...