Best bet of the day 25th may

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may 1.30 Goodwood - SUPER DUPLEX (e/w) Form of debut 4th working out nicely, with the three ahead of him all performing with credit since. The winner, Soccer, got closest to the the best 2yo seen out so far - Monsieur Chevalier - nto, the second Shark Man won nto whilst the third Desert Auction won his next 2.

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may Yahrab 3.10 Goodwood (EW) The one I like at a bigger price is Yahrab from the Godolphin stable, who seemed to have a turnabout of fortunes during the Dante meeting, seeing a few winners go in for them. It is 3 from 3 over 10f (0-1 over 1m2f 75yds) and they were wins at class 3, class 2 and listed level but all on the all weather. It quickened away for these wins and often goes from the front which often suits horses here. It has been on the go since February and has been running at Nad Al Sheba. Form here includes a 3 1/4 length second to the impressive group horse Presvis and it pulled clear of the next horse that was 5 1/2 length back in 3rd. It has a 1st, 2nd and 3rd on good to firm so conditions should be ok. It is likely to go off in front or just behind the leader. That may cause problems if taking on Tranquil Tiger but could be beneficial if it sits just behind it and takes a lead from it instead. It ran poorly at Chester over 10f on good to firm ground but has had an 18 day rest and Dettori gets on board to take over from Ahmed Ajtebi. Good ew price and every chance.

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may Torn between 2 today but I'm going to pick: Flipando - 15.55 Redcar This one does well in this sort of race, reasonably sized heritage handicaps. Not really done anything too similar since won this race 2 years ago but signs tell should come close again. 3rd at the Lincoln and 4th in the Suffolk stakes earlier in the month set up for a reasonable effort in a listed effort at york where the extra 2 furlongs would have suited. Was slumming at 98 for last 3 races and now down 1lb which could mean the difference between 2nd by a nose and a nice holiday for me. EW

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may 520 Cartmel: Micheals Dream This track is on its own and no conicidence that horses that suit the circuit come back time and time again and run well, usually above their marks too. Micheals Dream is a case in question, runs all over the place but saves his best for here and this has been the target since he tried an extended trip at Sedgfield last time, tired up the hill that day but still ran ok and expect to make a bold bid here, sometimes goes off from the front but with it being a conditionals race you never know how quick they will go off, hopefully the young lad wont get too carried away and let the horse do his thing.

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may 3-55 redcar-nanton-e/way his fine second in the cambridridgeshire would give him a good chance here but wether its now is a chance im going to take needed is return run 2 months ago he is a c/d winner suited by this ground and even though a straight mile use to suit best this trip more up his street these days-so given an e/way chance

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may 2.35 Goodwood Willridge E/W This is nothing more than a punt to try and get some points on the board. Not a very experienced horse to base a prediction on. However, its best performanced have came at around this distance on the turf winning and coming 3rd respectively. Is at a lower mark than what it's previously ran at which will be a benefit. Hasn't been seen since last October so has got a lot to prove today.

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may GOODWOOD 3.10 CHARLIE FARNSBARNS (1m1f, Cl1, G/F) I managed to back this last year at 66/1 when it won the Group 3 Darley stakes at Newmarket beating Bankable & Kirklees. After going over the Nad Al Sheba for the Group 1 Duty free, it has now had 2 ruins this season, the latter being a listed stakes at Ascot which i was there to see. This was over a trip too far for CF, however it led the line until just over a furlong out & beaten only 4.5L behind the impressive Duncan. Back to a more suitable trip today, the horse is available at double figure odds which looks a decent EW value to me. EW

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may Goodwood 3.10 - Halicarnassus - EW Formerly a good horse a couple of years ago, winning group 2, group 3 and listed races. Bit infuriating since then as he flatters to deceive that he's still got it. A couple of wins this year and a decent 2nd last time out make me think he still might be competitive at Listed level. If he is, then he has conditions to suit him today - smallish field with some front runners, good to firm ground, 10 furlongs and a course he's won on before He's in the last chance saloon.............:unsure BTW - 3.10 is the racecard time, but racing is delayed at Goodwood following a serious accident on the infield, races might be delayed by half an hour.

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may CHEPSTOW - 5.40 - DHUSHAN Phillip Robinson takes the ride here, rather than riding at Leicester for the same trainer - there is no co-incidence in this. Dhushan finished 4th in a Newbury maiden that is working out very well indeed, with Tactic, Clowance House and Hyades all winning subsequent maidens since opposing Dhushan. Has fancy entries later in the season, and should not find anything to trouble him in this field today. WIN

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may Good 3.10 Halicarnassus 0.5 pts e.w On OR this one comes off pretty badly in this listed contest but it wasn’t that long ago that he was over 110+ and his form of late hasn’t been that bad. He seems a horse who can run poorly but then suddenly hit some form and be worth watching and I wonder if he has lately. He won at rip at the start of the season before a luckless passage in a slowly run group 3 at san. His effort at ches was a bit lacklustre after that but he bounced back with a better run at ling. Was beaten by unnefer by a length and a half when staying on but thats not a disgraceful result and signified a better run than two days earlier. He has some form at the track being a former listed winner here and a bold run wouldn’t surprise.

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may Chepstow 3.25pm 1pt lay Transfixed Horse has good form and has nice speed but today i view this race as very hard for her. 3 others in the race look handy and one will win today stopping this horses good form winning line,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may Lay Bet: 2.05 Leicester - Locum This horse has the best form in the race, but looking a little deeper the best runs have all come on the AW except its 1st LTO which came off a long break. The horse is racing off a career high mark and is up 7lb for its win. I also feel that the opposition have proven themselves off similar marks in the past. Add in a couple of proven performers returning from spells and there is plenty to beat him! LAY Locum @ 7.6 (Betfair)

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may MEY BLOSSOM 2.55 Carlisle. 0.5 points each way. This trip is a bit in between for her, but it's a stiff 6f here at Carlisle and she should be suited to it. The ground's not a concern and she's holding her form quite well, so with also getting in off a very low looking mark of 70, which in context with her best form gives her good win claims, she should be capable of going close. Amy Baker more than capable and takes another 5lb off, so after all said and done she'd be the bet for me.

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may 16:55 Goodwood. I almost choked when I saw the price of 14/1 on Inside Story. Yeah it's form has been quite poor (except LTO) but it's done quite well at this sort of distance and grade a bit further back. Seems to prefer the A/W but hasn't performed bad on the turf, LTO came third at a distance only 75yards further than this and it caught my eye with it's performance. Same weight as LTO and I think it could definitely go a bit better today in what only could be described as an incredibly open race. Am going to back this to win, even though in usual circumstances I'd probably back E/W, I need the points and have naff all to lose in the standings. 1pt WIN.

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may 3.15 Leicester Perfect Silence 1pt win She has won over this distance at Folkestone and Windsor last year and could be on a three timer today if she improves for those wins. The draw seems to favour mid to high numbers at 6F here ( can be a little inconsistent) and Perfect Silence is running from stall 6 in this eight runner race, which may improve her chances.

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may RE BAROLO 3.55 Redcar. 0.5 points each way. Needs to find a little bit extra on all known form, but would be in fair form and off a mark of 102 he does have place claims. Trainer Marco Botti is in good form and jockey Andrea Atzeni takes off another 5lb which helps. He's a decent enough jockey and I think with the race run to suit we can go close.

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may

Goodwood 3.10 - Halicarnassus - EW Formerly a good horse a couple of years ago, winning group 2, group 3 and listed races. Bit infuriating since then as he flatters to deceive that he's still got it. A couple of wins this year and a decent 2nd last time out make me think he still might be competitive at Listed level. If he is, then he has conditions to suit him today - smallish field with some front runners, good to firm ground, 10 furlongs and a course he's won on before He's in the last chance saloon.............:unsure BTW - 3.10 is the racecard time, but racing is delayed at Goodwood following a serious accident on the infield, races might be delayed by half an hour.
Good 3.10 Halicarnassus 0.5 pts e.w On OR this one comes off pretty badly in this listed contest but it wasn’t that long ago that he was over 110+ and his form of late hasn’t been that bad. He seems a horse who can run poorly but then suddenly hit some form and be worth watching and I wonder if he has lately. He won at rip at the start of the season before a luckless passage in a slowly run group 3 at san. His effort at ches was a bit lacklustre after that but he bounced back with a better run at ling. Was beaten by unnefer by a length and a half when staying on but thats not a disgraceful result and signified a better run than two days earlier. He has some form at the track being a former listed winner here and a bold run wouldn’t surprise.
2nd :clap Nearly guys, good call.

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may hypnotist 420 good. 1 point win. improving all the time and can improve again for this step into handicap company. mark looks ok and the trip and grounds suitable, so i think with clive britain being in good form this season, hypnotist can run a big race.

Re: Best bet of the day 25th may

16:55 Goodwood. I almost choked when I saw the price of 14/1 on Inside Story. Yeah it's form has been quite poor (except LTO) but it's done quite well at this sort of distance and grade a bit further back. Seems to prefer the A/W but hasn't performed bad on the turf, LTO came third at a distance only 75yards further than this and it caught my eye with it's performance. Same weight as LTO and I think it could definitely go a bit better today in what only could be described as an incredibly open race. Am going to back this to win, even though in usual circumstances I'd probably back E/W, I need the points and have naff all to lose in the standings. 1pt WIN.
Won at 10/1 :lol:eek