Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509

Exeter 15:20 Dusty Dane 1pt win Not been out the first 3 home in his last 3 starts and might have his day at Exeter in this race, has run over the trip and seems to get it pretty well just come up against 1 or 2 that are a liitle better than him, the fav Bernard won well last time out but that was only 7 days ago and also picks up another 7lb for that last win so might be one for the layers, for me Dusty Dane might be in with a shout and am going a Very confident 1pt win bet, As my insider stable lads guvnor said to me, ''Get off my land or ill call the police'' LOL Its all about opinion and all about taste, this is my opinion, and my taste is ''GRAVY'' Best of luck 2U.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 7.40 bath Pelham crescent looks an impressive sort done well on the all weather in spring with several places, more improvement has been seen since switch to turf with 2 wins both coming on good to firm ground at this track over 10f and 12f, and with more improvement epxect should defy the 6lb penalty 1pt win pelham crescent

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 York - 15:10 Going with what will probably be the favourite in Equiano. Feel it's performance LTO sets him up for this ride and I think it still has more to give. The ground should suit really and the competition in the race doesn't even seem that strong. Can only see a few possible contenders from a big field. The Hills partnership has been on top form this season and I feel they can build on their previous successes and get the win here tomorrow. Hopefully the odds won't shorten too much as well. York 15:10 - Equiano 1pt WIN

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509

York - 15:10 Going with what will probably be the favourite in Equiano. Feel it's performance LTO sets him up for this ride and I think it still has more to give. The ground should suit really and the competition in the race doesn't even seem that strong. Can only see a few possible contenders from a big field. The Hills partnership has been on top form this season and I feel they can build on their previous successes and get the win here tomorrow. Hopefully the odds won't shorten too much as well. York 15:10 - Equiano 1pt WIN
I have the same bet :hope:hope

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 York 1.40pm 1pt lay Stone Of Scone Horse is good and LTO gave a late run from heaven to grab the race,today is gonna be a bit harder and 4 horses in the race look really good today and will take the win today,even a few outsiders for me have a chance today at big odds,very good race today. Odds are not bad at the mo and will be happy if they stay the same for the start of the race,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 2:40 York -Enticement - Back Bit of a gamble considering he's been off the track for 193 days, but I can't ignore the form of the last run. The horses in behind have all run consistantly good races since, and have been in and around the likes of Debussy and Midday. That is solid form, and if Enticement has improved for the winter and the break as he should have, then this should be within his grasp. Looks a hot race, but Enticement is my selection 1pt win

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 York 1.40 Albaqaa 0.5 pts e.w Not one that perhaps screams to have an awful lot in hand but one that has proved in recent runs that likes this quicker ground and also that even off 91 it shouldn’t be underestimated. I liked its cosy win at ches at the end of last season before finding a slowly run race totally against him thereafter. However has had a couple of decent runs this season without always having things go his way, first run was encouraging enough without the clearest of runs and then was too free afterwards at pont and only third. Interestingly his trainer put him in that race which he had done previously with two horses who went onto win the john smiths cup in the last two years so that might be a guide. In general though the stronger pace which there should be today should really help him settle and if he does, he could still be a danger for a yard who love having winners here.

York 1.40 Albaqaa 0.5 pts e.w Not one that perhaps screams to have an awful lot in hand but one that has proved in recent runs that likes this quicker ground and also that even off 91 it shouldn’t be underestimated. I liked its cosy win at ches at the end of last season before finding a slowly run race totally against him thereafter. However has had a couple of decent runs this season without always having things go his way' date=' first run was encouraging enough without the clearest of runs and then was too free afterwards at pont and only third. Interestingly his trainer put him in that race which he had done previously with two horses who went onto win the john smiths cup in the last two years so that might be a guide. In general though the stronger pace which there should be today should really help him settle and if he does, he could still be a danger for a yard who love having winners here.[/quote'] Thank you for showing interest in albaqaa- great minds must think alike , hopefully it can come home infront.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 4-10 fontwell-dantari-e/way i dont think this horse seemed to be going right handed around sandown last time and now hes going the otherway he should be seen to better light here hes won 2 hcps in march he goes well on the ground,so he will do e/way for me

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 Exeter 2.50 0.5 Point E/W Tavalu I think this will go well today and could be a danger at the weights, Gone over this G&D 5 times and has recorded these figures 42208 The last 2 figures could be ignored as he had to carry 11-4 on both those occassions and could not get competitive, Todays mark of 10-6 also Danny Cooks 5lb claim could be a good thing.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 1.40 York Bencoolen E/W Promising start to this year placing at Thirsk and Ponefract, although they were at 1m distance, it has winning experience at this distance. Is off a higher mark this time around but i'm hoping it can step up. Prices at 16/1 seem quite high to me, so a good value bet imo.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 3.45 York DAZZLING LIGHT e/w Going to side with big Jim Goldie here. Dazzling light had a prep run at Hamilton last weekend and didn't get overworked. This one is well down the handicap, hasn't won but does consistently finish in a place so I'm hunting for some e/w value here, currently at 33s.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 York 1:40 Nice race this and the selection I am going for is Rose Street. A very consistent and likeable horse with form of 1/2/2/1/2. It has raced up the classes and LTO rode in a very competitive class 2 race over 10f. Had no chance with the winner in that race but the horse is class with 3 wins coming after that race. It beat off some nice competition that day and back to draw 12 today should see it going close. Jarvis yard in good form with a decent jockey on board which will get the best out of the horse. Only concern for me is the ground, the horse seems to prefer gd/sft but I'm willing to risk it and go with it on trust. Rose Street 7/1 1pt win.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 Right then time to crack down got my computer fully fixed :) Going For My supernap today the 2pt bankers bet. im going to go for a nice favourite :nana Passato 2.50 exeter showed a great performance a week or too back winning a novice handicap hurdle over this course and distance, and loves this ground today! maybe lady friend could follow up. thanks

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 830 Perth; Raysrock 2pts Win Banker Backed this a couple of times this season and is very consistant, looks to have found a nice race here and the ground just on the easy side will help. Good jumper and back down to two miles. The opposition looks moderate and a couple of the dangers have been rasied recently so need to improve again. Thought this should be a 6/4 shot so the 5/2 available looks attractive, just hope the SP is as generous.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 6.30 Perth - OPATJA (1pt Win) Should take all the beating in an uncompetitive event. Gordon Elliot has a 28% strike rate at this track over the years and although this horse carries a penalty for winning last time, he done that very easily and this race does not look hot by any means.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 York 2.40 - Star Ruby - win Apart from the rank outsider it wouldn't be a surprise if any of the other 5 won this. Star Ruby made a good impression winning a Sandown Maiden a few weeks ago, Hidden Brief 2 and a bit lengths 2nd, the pair 8 lengths clear of the field. Hidden Brief was then beaten 4 and bits lengths in the Chester Oaks trial, so Star Ruby is obviously in the ballpark of an Oaks trial winner. Importantly, though, that was Star Ruby's first ever run and normal improvement from a first run should see her well able to win a trial.

Re: BBOTD - Tue 12/5/09 4.45 Fontwell Lahinch Lad ew On form, Lahinch Lad doesnt look to have that much of a chance here, but with a decent best speed rating and an excellent average, I can find reasons to back him. In his last 3 runs over fences, he has dropped 10 lbs from a rating of 96 down to a rating of 86. However, he last won when he was rated 94 when he ran a 78 rating over this distance. Recently, as he has dropped down the weights, he has actually run ratings of 65-70-74. The last of which seems to indicate to me that he is coming back to his best, and he is ready to repeat that 78 rating. If he was to re-run a 74, I expect he would be in the top 4 today, but if he can produce that 78, he would likely take this race. The claimer on board takes extra weight off and the horse stays the trip. 8/1 in places is tasty.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 3.10 YORK - STRIKE THE DEAL (6f, Grp2, GF) Strike the deal ran well to finish 4th on 1st start of the season behind Amour propre over 5f at the Guineas meeting. Had to carry a penalty last season for its 2yo Group 2 win which restricted it a bit albeit had some decent showings. Has the visor on again today & Moore keeps the ride. Notebook horse

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 3.10 York Richard Fahey rarely leaves the knavesmire empty handed and you oppose him at your peril at this track. Being one of the best racecourses in the country, York always attracks plenty of horses from the top yards, which makes for fiercely competitive races, very few bankers, and plenty of big priced winners. Fahey frequently saddles up those big priced winners. In years gone by I've seen Flying Clarets and Charlie Tokyo land big races for him, despite the fact they didn't look to hold the best claims in the book, and the local handler sends out another big priced runner in Knot In Wood here. Knot in Wood doesn't hold the strongest form claims on the book - you would look towards the likes of King's Stand winner Equiano, four time Grp 3 winner Tax Free or Sir Gerry (listed level winner, G1 third at Asc last term) for that, but he may benefit from a bit of Fahey magic and sneak his way into the frame here at a price. I'm on EW at 40/1 through Betfair last night, this morning the bookmakers in general have pushed him out to 33/1 from the 20's last night, but Hills go 14/1 and that price is more indicative of his chances IMO. He reminds me very much of Borderlescott. Although from a different yard, he is of a similar character, a tough, seasoned battler, guranteed to give his running. A course and distance winner in 2006, who has won three times on quick ground, today's conditions pose no problems whatsoever. He has a nice, low draw (may be able to track Equiano drawn next door, and likes to race up with the pace which is favoured here) and judging by his recent form he looks to have outside claims. He signed off last year by landing a Kempton handicap off 102 and bounced back with a super run in the Cammidge, the form of which has worked out really well. He was third to Tax Free and Equiano at Newmarket next time out but that rates as a career best IMO and although he was second to stablemate Hitchens in a conditions race last time out, it isn't always wise to read too much into the form of four-runner races, and he is weighted to overturn that form anyway. Lastly, when I was compiling sprint stats in handicaps earlier this season, Fahey's name repeatedly cropped up as a man regularly hitting the frame. This is a Grp 2 not a handicap, but the fact he has an eye for what makes a sprinter is still relevant. All in all, a speculative punt here, more hopeful than confident, but York does tend to throw up these big priced winners from time to time and on such a tough looking card, I'm more willing to chance one at a big each-way price than go on the nose about a shortie. 0.5 pt EW

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 Have to agree with wizzkid here York 2.40 Enticement WIN Form of Newmarket win has been franked in no uncertain terms by Midday's victory in the Oaks trial at weekend. First time on faster ground but sure Stoutey wouldn't have pitched it in if he didn't think it would be ok and fairly sure he will have this one primed for first appearance of the season. Trainer has great record in this race as do faves and with this one likely to go off as the jolly, my idea of the winner.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 15.10 Duke of York Stakes. 12/13 had won before in a Class 1 event listed or better. 12/13 had won over this 6f trip. 11/13 had raced within the last 2 months. 11/13 were drawn low to middle with 1-6 having the best record showing 8 winners. 10/13 were aged 4-5yo. Leaving me two selections who both had a good run LTO and who should both come on for it but with Equiano being a better 5f horse imo, i'm gonna go with Strike the Deal who i think does his best work over 6f and is proven to handle the ground. Strike The Deal e/w

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 FISHGUARD FILLY 3.00 Fontwell. 1 point win. Likes this track, distance and ground, and also has the ability and form to win. Should be able to get the race run to suit and therefore take advantage of any chinks in the favourite's armour. Anything over even money would be a bet in my opinion.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'wed' 13/0509 MONSIEUR GEORGES 4.45 Fontwell. 0.5 points each way. Needs to find a bit on all nown form, but although that's the case and a little out of the handicap, I think being allowed in off a mark of 64 on this ground and over this trip, does actually give him a decent place chance. The price is there at around 18/1 to take a chance that a few under achieve here, and then a win is a certain possibility.

Exeter 2.50 0.5 Point E/W Tavalu I think this will go well today and could be a danger at the weights' date= Gone over this G&D 5 times and has recorded these figures 42208 The last 2 figures could be ignored as he had to carry 11-4 on both those occassions and could not get competitive, Todays mark of 10-6 also Danny Cooks 5lb claim could be a good thing.
Was really sweet on this one and i cannot believe the ATR commentator said " Who the hell would of picked that one" :ok

Re: BBOTD - Tue 12/5/09

4.45 Fontwell Lahinch Lad ew On form, Lahinch Lad doesnt look to have that much of a chance here, but with a decent best speed rating and an excellent average, I can find reasons to back him. In his last 3 runs over fences, he has dropped 10 lbs from a rating of 96 down to a rating of 86. However, he last won when he was rated 94 when he ran a 78 rating over this distance. Recently, as he has dropped down the weights, he has actually run ratings of 65-70-74. The last of which seems to indicate to me that he is coming back to his best, and he is ready to repeat that 78 rating. If he was to re-run a 74, I expect he would be in the top 4 today, but if he can produce that 78, he would likely take this race. The claimer on board takes extra weight off and the horse stays the trip. 8/1 in places is tasty.
:puke:puke:puke Fell 3 out when going well enough in front Would have at least placed