Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09

3.15 Newmarket The last two runnings of this race have gone to high class fillies with Group 1 winning form and Rainbow View ticks those boxes. She has the potential to be one of the greatest fillies of all time and her achievements have been very well documented. She routed the field by 6 lengths on her debut in a Newmarket maiden and even when stepped up into Group 3 company next time out, won by the same margin. In the May Hil Stakes at Doncaster she beat Snoqualmie Girl by 2 lengths (Lahaleeb back in 3rd) and then completed her progession through the Group ranks by landing a Group 1 race at Doncaster, with Fantasia (emphatic Nell Gwyn winner subsequently) comfortably behind. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 CHARTIST 7.15 Doncaster. 0.5 points each way. Can get with the lead here and hold his position throughout. Gets in off a mark of 79, and although only a pound lower than recently, it's enough to keep him bang in contention to the line, if of course he runs his race. The trip and ground wouldn't be a concern.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 315 Newmarket: Rainbow View Not around tomorrow and no jump racing so will go with my ten to follow horse Rainbow View. Very impressive all last year and yet to see anything up to her standard. Think the Channon filly may chase her home but I have a feeling this isnt a great race compared to some years? Time will tell.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 2:50 Salisbury. Leleyf. 1 point lay Need to get my bet in early as I'll be leaving at 9am for the Palace match! The selection won from her only start. But I observed it to be a pretty mediocre maiden race. She did eventually wear down the leader, but the jockey was very hard at work on her to do so, and I'm not convinced the form amounts to much. Furthermore, it was on an AW surface, and it remains to be seen whether she is comfortable on turf. There are a few rivals with decent breeding who haven't been seen yet, and at the (current) low price for the selection, it seems good value to believe that at least one of them will turn out to be good enough to see her off, if one of those who have already appeared don't manage it.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 3.15 at Newmarket Yeh hes back, lets move on. Its what ive got, (SERIOUS ATTITUDE) e/w bet. Both John Gosdon & James Fortune fear serious attitude but Patrick Smullen and Rae guest dont fear Rainbow view, Smullen & Guest have the one runner on sunday i think that speaks volumes, i dont think the trip is a problem and all the feed back from guest has been very positive, Rainbow View is yes a very good horse, ''BUT'' would you put your house on it ? Jimmy Fortune has rode them both and he will know just how good Serious attitude is, John Gosdon has said many times they ''FEAR'' the tip, thats not Mr Gosdons words, thats Mr Fortunes, if you can get 6/1 take it with a smile and bid the bookmaker a good day and ask him to have your cash ready from the safe, 11/10 for rainbow no thanks, take the 6/1 and get serious on the bookies ass. The sporting life ''Quote'' Serious Attitude is also unbeaten but her form doesn't quite compare. She steps up from six furlongs for the first time which might be a worry for a horse with so much natural speed, but she is bred to get at least this far and it would be unwise to rule her out

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09

3.15 at Newmarket Yeh hes back, lets move on. Its what ive got, (SERIOUS ATTITUDE) e/w bet. Both John Gosdon & James Fortune fear serious attitude but Patrick Smullen and Rae guest dont fear Rainbow view, Smullen & Guest have the one runner on sunday i think that speaks volumes, i dont think the trip is a problem and all the feed back from guest has been very positive, Rainbow View is yes a very good horse, ''BUT'' would you put your house on it ? Jimmy Fortune has rode them both and he will know just how good Serious attitude is, John Gosdon has said many times they ''FEAR'' the tip, thats not Mr Gosdons words, thats Mr Fortunes, if you can get 6/1 take it with a smile and bid the bookmaker a good day and ask him to have your cash ready from the safe, 11/10 for rainbow no thanks, take the 6/1 and get serious on the bookies ass. The sporting life ''Quote'' Serious Attitude is also unbeaten but her form doesn't quite compare. She steps up from six furlongs for the first time which might be a worry for a horse with so much natural speed, but she is bred to get at least this far and it would be unwise to rule her out
I saw rainbow view & serious attitute having a gallop round newmarket couple of weeks ago with a few other race entries......rainbow view looked ok, but i was really impressed with serious attitude, i think he has a gear r.v hasnt.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 510 salisbury manchestermaverick 1pt win on a fair mark and a capable pilot on board in this sort of event. likes to be close to the pace which is where you need to be in these amateur riders races. rider 22% strike rate in similar events great bet at 7/1 betfred.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 Newmarket 2.00 Record Breaker 0.5pts Each Way Handicapped well on last year's form - finished 2nd to Strategic Mount from 94 in a class 2 handicap at Ascot last August. Last wining mark was 88 so could be quite well in from a mark of 89 - ground conditions fine and trip, although at bottom end of range, is fine too. Should strip fitter for reappearance run when finishing 8th of 18 at Epsom 11 days ago. Trainer in usual rude health so place prospects at least.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 315 Newmarket NASHMIAH e/w I'm looking for some e/w value in the big race as the worthy fav is so short at evens. As Neil Callan is one of flat Jockeys I like to follow (I find it's easier to focus on a few stables over a period of time to understand them better) I see a lot of Clive Brittain's fleet. I liked the look of Nashmiah thrashing a decent quality field in the Lingfield trial in March. My only reservation is that Clive Brittain has stayed with Frank "Genius" Spencer, I'd much rather have NC as at least he'd give the horse every chance to run it's best, but then again, it would be just like Spencer to have one of his sporadic moments too. Nashmiah does have the beating of a few of these on previous form so a tentative e/w selection from me, currently 22/1 on B365

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 3.00 HAMILTON DESERT DESTINY 0.5 E/W Would pick these up and carry them round on old form a few years back has been lightly raced since not nearly as good but tumbled down the weights and at 20/1 is well worth a chance now dropped back to a mile for the first time since 06 a distance he has won at.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 4.35 Salisbury COOL JUDGEMENT. 1 pt win. Trained by inform trainer M.Jarvis and ridden by P.Robinson I fancy Cool Judgement to come home first.He ran an impressive race at Chester 30/08/08 in a Class 1 listed race over 13 furlongs on g/f .After being checked on the home turn he finnished well to get 3rd to Red Gala by 1 3/4 lengths,a good effort as he was the only 3 y.o in the race.His next race at Doncaster didn't go as well as he went off too quickly and faded towards the finish,possibly the soft ground not helping.On his last race at Ascot over 12 furlongs in a Class 2 on g/s he went well but was unable to quicken at the finish,eventually finishing sixth but only by 1 1/4 lengths.I think over todays slightly longer distance and on good/firm ground he is progressive enough to prevail today.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 3:15 Newmarket - Rainbow View - Back It's simply impossible to get away from her. The form is outstandingly solid, and I've been looking forward to seeing her for weeks. The last piece of form is what makes her such an exciting prospect. She had Fantasia comfortably held in 2nd place, the same Fantasia that routed the field by 7 lengths in the Nell Gwyn Group 3 at today's course a few weeks ago. The fact that Fantasia has been sent for targets elsewhere clearly indicates that connections feel Rainbow View is as good as, if not better, than she was last season, otherwise they would send both fillies to be more certain of picking up 1st prize. I think this is the standout Classic bet of 2009 Supernap 2pt win

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 Resplendent Light 2.00 Newmarket (EW) Faded last time out over further, ran on very soft ground race before that, best form is on gd-fm, 2 wins and a 3rd from 4 races. Jockey won on this horse over this trip and has a 15% SR, +£18.00 last 14 days to £1 level stakes. Interesting ew runner.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 15.50 Heritage handicap. 12/13 carried 8st 10lb or more. 11 won over 6f. 11 were OR of 85-95. 11 had a double figure stall. 11 were aged 4/6yo. with that I get three left Spanish Bounty Mac Gille Eion & Baby Strange, two of these imo have to much weight on with only Mac Gille Eion having won this class with more on its back and last season coming on after its first run to take the princes stand. Mac Gille Eion 0.5pts e/w

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 5-20 hamilton-johnsons glory-e/way will have benefited from his first start of the season he as won over c/d he as a good position against the stands rail,handles the ground well so i give him a good chance here

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 2.15 Salisbury Dark Mischief 1pt win Running off a 9lb's higher mark today, Dark Mischief may be able to defy the handicapper, 2 wins from 3 runs all at 6f, Same jockey on board today as it's last run, trainer has 2 winners from 8 in last 14 days in this race type, This horse seems to me to be on the upgrade. Dark Mischief is also a system qualifier on my GH ( another reason for nominating it as my BBOTD).

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 Newm 5.00 The Miniver Rose 1pt win This one stepped up on a moderate first run to win a decent maiden on soft ground last year at donc with fair types like Headline Act behind her. Then she raced on quick ground here and ran well behind tiger eye in a big sales race to be third. Then she came out this season and once again ran well in a sales race to be a staying on fourth behind a promising type in nehaam, monitor closely who ran fairly well yesterday. On that run a listed race isn’t beyond on her on going that suits and she could go well here.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 3.50 Newmarket - Mutamared (win) - CD record of 11529 (with record in the particular race of 129) demands consideration, although he's clearly not on the upgrade at 9 yrs old. Been mopping up Claimers on the AW during the winter. 9lbs lower than his last turf handicap, and just appeals as a touch of value

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 3.15 NEWM - 1000 GUINEAS - RAINBOW VIEW (1m, Group 1, G/Firm) Unbeaten horse, finishing with a 2.5L beating of Fantasia at Ascot in the Group 1 fillies mile. Showed a great turn of foot that day & looked certain for Guineas favouritism. Reported to be working well & hasnt needed a prep run, which i feel is a vital clue to the winning trend in these races now. Of her rivals, Serious Attitude may be the one if reproducing its Cheveley Park effort which was most impressive albeit over 2f shorter it did register a better performance than 4 of the last 5 winners of that race (apart from Natagora, last years 1000 guineas winner). The other rivals have all dodged the race for various reasons & this looks a good bet to me.

I saw rainbow view & serious attitute having a gallop round newmarket couple of weeks ago with a few other race entries......rainbow view looked ok' date=' but i was really impressed with serious attitude, i think he has a gear r.v hasnt.[/quote'] They have yet to push the turbo button, serious attitude might just turn out today to be a little bit tasty ''in a Ray Winston'' type VOICE'' ''a LITTLE bit Tasty'' my son. If he gets beat you tell him to see me and tell him to bring his F***in ''dinner''

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 4:10 - Hamilton - Elite Land With Terry Eaves on board, I feel this horse has a substantial chance of success. It's recent form has been quite patchy to say the least. However, the competition within the race should be beatable for a Horse like Elite Land. Looked at this horse a fair few times, and think it'll be it's time to get it's nose in front. 1pt Win.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 Sals - 2.15 - Dark Mischief - Win Won a similar handicap at the Newmarket Craven meeting, if anything today's race looks easier and he should carry the extra weight in this company. He's the most lightly raced in the field and open to lots on improvement Well suited by good to firm ground, he's unbeaten on it in his short career to date. Candy stable has been banging in the sprint winners of late

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 Salisbury 2.15pm 1pt lay Dark Mischief This horse seems locked and loaded for the win today and if you are a backer i find it hard to find fault with this horse to win today but a 9lb rise from LTO and the fact that its horse racing and sh*t happens for me this is a value lay today. Steady laying on Betfair for this horse from 2.30 into 2.04 at 10k nice money will come for this horse and punters should follow the money in,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 ROSKO 3.00 Hamilton. 0.5 points each way. Yet to win a race, but put in a decent enough effort (in context with this race) last time in his first handicap and gets in here off an attractive mark of 64. It's a jump jockey flat race and we have Graham Lee on board who's won this race the last twice, so he'll be gunning for the hat-trick and looks pretty useful on the level. The slight drop in trip shouldn't be a problem and neither should be the good ground, so all in all and at a price of around 12/1, he'd seem worthy of an each way bet.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 Sligo 15.30 Best of the lot 1 pt win Some Irish taste with several wild hurdlers :) Best of the lot is really comming best of the others as he has very nice weight advantage. Leonard Flynn on board (2 rides on him last year without some success). The horse started to do hurdles since the beginning of the last season, when moved to Ireland. First season was witout success, but one of the best trainers around the Island Paul Gilligan (with good record on the track and won the same race last year ) for sure will improve him. Just to compare another horse from the same stable, who get some months rest - Aoife Costa won in style last week (the same horse will run once again today). There isn't some special class in this race so we may see some surprises

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 jazacosta 325 salis. 0.5 pts ew. must admit the trips a slight concern being a bit farther than expected, but if the cheek-pieces work then i think he will stay well enough and off a mark of 75 he has t be respected. the grounds ok and phil robinson rides for amanda perrett which is interesting.

3.15 Newmarket The last two runnings of this race have gone to high class fillies with Group 1 winning form and Rainbow View ticks those boxes. She has the potential to be one of the greatest fillies of all time and her achievements have been very well documented. She routed the field by 6 lengths on her debut in a Newmarket maiden and even when stepped up into Group 3 company next time out, won by the same margin. In the May Hil Stakes at Doncaster she beat Snoqualmie Girl by 2 lengths (Lahaleeb back in 3rd) and then completed her progession through the Group ranks by landing a Group 1 race at Doncaster, with Fantasia (emphatic Nell Gwyn winner subsequently) comfortably behind. 1 pt win
its a hard game fintron, i much prefer the jumps. :\

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 CHOOKIE HAMILTON 4.10 Hamilton. 0.5 points each way. Not been running too badly and I'm willing to forgive his latest effort. On his best recent form he has every chance, especially off a low looking mark of 56. The trip and ground wouldn't be of any concern and I think he'll be involved in the finish.

Re: Best bet of the day - Sunday 3/5/09 S5.10 Manchestermaverick 1pt win Hughie Morrisons runners do well here and he has booked one of the more experienced amateur riders for this event. The selection is less exposed than most of these and is of interest back on turf - the horse has posted 2 seconds on good turf ground earlier in its career. 7 Furlongs on good going could be the horses optimum conditions and the horse is reasonably well handicapped, should go close at around 6/1.

CHOOKIE HAMILTON 4.10 Hamilton. 0.5 points each way. Not been running too badly and I'm willing to forgive his latest effort. On his best recent form he has every chance, especially off a low looking mark of 56. The trip and ground wouldn't be of any concern and I think he'll be involved in the finish.[/quote well picked mate-:nana [how have you got two selections mate i thought it was only one a day]