UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April )

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) What did people actually expect Chelsea to do???? Go there and defend on halfway and let Barca do what they are good at when they want, come away having lost 4-0 and then say "well, at least we didnt try and defend" Cant believe some of the cobblers im reading here.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) A poor game and only 1 side which can be blamed for that. Defensively Chelsea were solid but for the sake of the good of the game I hope Barca can prevail next week. Personally I was on the draw/Barca ht/ft and was gutted when Bojan missed that gilt edged chance in stoppage time. Barca deserved to win that game tonight in main due to the negative tactics employed by Hiddink. They had all the possession, the majority of the chances (albeit there were few) and seemed to be the only side who wanted to win the game. The only real chance Chelsea had came from a bad lapse at the back, they never looked interested in getting an away goal. That was anti-football at its finest, no wonder Chelsea and Rangers have such a close connection both teams play exactly the same way in Europe :lol. Congrats to those who tipped the 0-0, its all set for a cracking second leg as surely to God Chelsea will at least venture out of their own half when they play at Stamford Bridge? When they do I expect Barca to have the quality to expose the extra space and I would be surprised if the Catalans failed to score an away goal at the bridge.

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April )

take a look to Betfair stats, wow. All gone :$: Barcelona v Chelsea - Match Odds
Betting on: BarcelonaChelseaThe Draw
Total matched on this event: €16,827,175
Betting summary - Volume: €11,836,584
i was told a story that footballers are just actors so that we just give our money away and after certain events over the last 18 months im starting to believe this

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) Fella it pays to know Top Football, which you obviously don't! It is not a one off game winner takes all, it is 2 legs home and away! Watching great attacking football is all fair and well, but to also marvel at a top defensive display which Chelsea set out to do and achieved it! They know they have a better chance to win the tie at home in front of their own fans and with the possibility of the other team getting suspensions / injuries, which incidentally happened because Puyol cannot play next leg for getting a 2nd yellow card in the tournament! Next time you want to comment on the circumtsances of a game think of the bigger picture ;)

There were other tipsters who tipped for 0:0 or 1:1.. they dont get paid To some up this was really confusing.. I kept hoping Barca would score but the "tactics" which is a word used for cowardly display won over the creative beautiful football.. I hate to think Chelsea would get anywhere with this and wherever they go I hope they lose.. I lost my bet tonight but I have no complaints whatsoever to barca, they played their football.. luckily for Guus and his "men" the referee let them get away with these aggressive fouls.. they wont have Stark to save them at Stamford bridge. I'm not a Barca fan but hope Chelsea lose.. Nice evening altogether from barca and good for them.. down with Chelsea and their "tactics".. :ok

What did people actually expect Chelsea to do???? Go there and defend on halfway and let Barca do what they are good at when they want, come away having lost 4-0 and then say "well, at least we didnt try and defend" Cant believe some of the cobblers im reading here.
Come on, even you must be able to take the Rose couloured specs off and see how negative Chelsea were tonight. Ok defend and be solid at the back but ffs at least go and try and make a game of it. Everyone knows Barca are dodgy at the back with a keeper who is prone to mistakes, the best way to beat Barca is to have a go at them, so yeah defend be resolute for 50-60 minutes then at least try and go and nick what could be a cruicial away goal. From the first minute to the last Chelsea pretty much parked the team bus on the goal-line. Thats not how the beautiful game should be played, Chelsea deserved to lose that tonight imo.

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) Right on for all those who went for the draw:clap I really didnt see it though it was right in fromnt of our eyes.. And thank you for trying to warn us Jimmy I suppose there's still some to learn for us that went with Barca.. No need to take it so personal.. I love the CL.. and love tactics.. I just hoped to see more football less tactics :) What a great night (even though I lost.. more to come tomorrow:drums

I kept hoping Barca would score but the "tactics" which is a word used for cowardly display won over the creative beautiful football.. I hate to think Chelsea would get anywhere with this and wherever they go I hope they lose.. I lost my bet tonight but I have no complaints whatsoever to barca, they played their football.. luckily for Guus and his "men" the referee let them get away with these aggressive fouls.. they wont have Stark to save them at Stamford bridge. I'm not a Barca fan but hope Chelsea lose.. Nice evening altogether from barca and good for them.. down with Chelsea and their "tactics".. :ok
This is the same Chelsea team that scored 7 goals over two legs against Liverpool, a team with one of the best defensive records in the champions league during the past few seasons, its amazing how quickly people forget. This proves that Chelsea can play attacking football when it is required whilst tonight proved they can set their stall out to defend when its the best option. These two ties prove Chelsea have more than one string to their bow which is the sign of potential trophy winners. Frankly your comments smack of sour grapes, you got it wrong take it like a man instead of throwing your toys out of the pram.

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) Lost my bet tonight.......thought Barca in the first half showed enough to be ahead....second half there were far too many fouls and interuptions from Chelsea and this broke up Barca's flow. Chelsea were solid enough but of the two Barca deserved the win...... I'll more than likely be on Barca to win at the Bridge next week as I truely believe if Chelsea do come out even slightly more than tonight Barca can carve them open at least a couple of times.

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) Premiership the best league in the world? ... What a laugh. One of its 'top 4 teams' comes to the Nou Camp and plays for 0-0 for the full 90 minutes, you have got to be kidding. I can't believe what I have just watched. Champions League semi final and yet only one team attempted to play football. Chelsea are an embarrasment considering their team is littered with multi million pound footballers. I actually feel robbed. God knows how Barca didn't kill it at the end but they had one of the clearest stone wall penalties I have ever seen turned down. I am 95% sure if it was at the other end, it would have been given. I only hope 'FOOTBALL' prevails and Barca manage to win the 2nd leg because that was atrocious from Chelsea tonight, a team that were supposedly going out to attack. PMSL.

This is the same Chelsea team that scored 7 goals over two legs against Liverpool, a team with one of the best defensive records in the champions league during the past few seasons, its amazing how quickly people forget. This proves that Chelsea can play attacking football when it is required whilst tonight proved they can set their stall out to defend when its the best option. These two ties prove Chelsea have more than one string to their bow which is the sign of potential trophy winners. Frankly your comments smack of sour grapes, you got it wrong take it like a man instead of throwing your toys out of the pram.
Yea.. Sorry about my earlier comments.. I suppose they were a bit out of line.. There are plenty of matches I can remember Milan played the same tactics.. :eek Still, let the football win

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) I can't believe all these people slating Chelsea... and I'm a United fan! If it was a cup final then fair enough but this match-up consists of TWO LEGS. Chelsea and Hiddink obviously have a game plan and stuck to it perfectly. United did the exact same last year and took the tie back home with there advantage and won. Fair play to Chelsea to be honest. ...and Jack, wtf? you're having a go at Chelsea for drawing 0-0 at the Nou Camp and laughing at the Premiership because of it? I 'spose they must be a shite club from a shite league to be the only team to stop Barca from scoring at home all season.

Premiership the best league in the world? ... What a laugh. One of its 'top 4 teams' comes to the Nou Camp and plays for 0-0 for the full 90 minutes, you have got to be kidding. I can't believe what I have just watched. Champions League semi final and yet only one team attempted to play football. Chelsea are an embarrasment considering their team is littered with multi million pound footballers. I actually feel robbed. God knows how Barca didn't kill it at the end but they had one of the clearest stone wall penalties I have ever seen turned down. I am 95% sure if it was at the other end, it would have been given. I only hope 'FOOTBALL' prevails and Barca manage to win the 2nd leg because that was atrocious from Chelsea tonight, a team that were supposedly going out to attack. PMSL.
Completely agree,Chelsea are a joke!! Absolute gash,my sunday league team could have went to Barca tonight and defended like that and got a nil nil! Hope Barca stuff them next week.No way is the premiership best league in world-the Spanish will be laughing there heads off:rollin:rollin

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) I am just pissed because this was a team that was supposedly going to attack from the off tonight. The fact is, Barcelona tried to play football and Chelsea simply bored us to death, despite being worth the same amount as the Barcelona team (or probably more). It just stinks, simple as that.

Premiership the best league in the world? ... What a laugh. You can't argue with the stats, 3 out of 4 semi-finalists for the third season in succession. The place were most top footballers want to play. Premiership the best league in the world?..... Damn right it is.

I can't believe all these people slating Chelsea... and I'm a United fan! If it was a cup final then fair enough but this match-up consists of TWO LEGS. Chelsea and Hiddink obviously have a game plan and stuck to it perfectly. United did the exact same last year and took the tie back home with there advantage and won. Fair play to Chelsea to be honest. ...and Jack, wtf? you're having a go at Chelsea for drawing 0-0 at the Nou Camp and laughing at the Premiership because of it? I 'spose they must be a shite club from a shite league to be the only team to stop Barca from scoring at home all season.
More clubs than Nick Faldo mate:lol Think yous all down south just want an English team to win it...C'mon the Barca:cheers

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) It certainly doesn't possess the best team anyway. No doubt Chelsea will go and nick a deflected goal next week and win 1-0 but I think we have all the evidence we need from tonight to realise Barcelona are the team everyone fears. I just never thought Chelsea would consider themself lower than any other team considering the millions that is spent on them.

It certainly doesn't possess the best team anyway. No doubt Chelsea will go and nick a deflected goal next week and win 1-0 but I think we have all the evidence we need from tonight to realise Barcelona are the team everyone fears. I just never thought Chelsea would consider themself lower than any other team considering the millions that is spent on them.
Chelsea are a team full of overpaid divers,Barca will score two or three next week-heard it here first!!:nana

Premiership the best league in the world? ... What a laugh. One of its 'top 4 teams' comes to the Nou Camp and plays for 0-0 for the full 90 minutes, you have got to be kidding. I can't believe what I have just watched. Champions League semi final and yet only one team attempted to play football. Chelsea are an embarrasment considering their team is littered with multi million pound footballers. I actually feel robbed. God knows how Barca didn't kill it at the end but they had one of the clearest stone wall penalties I have ever seen turned down. I am 95% sure if it was at the other end, it would have been given. I only hope 'FOOTBALL' prevails and Barca manage to win the 2nd leg because that was atrocious from Chelsea tonight, a team that were supposedly going out to attack. PMSL.
for all those who follow epl should know that chelsea had a slip of form under scolari and its only when hiddink came that they have started to play well but even that they have not gain full momentum yet. football is not about attacking only it also know how to defend how to shut players down when u know they are real threat how to get a result when u go to play in front of 90000 fans so please reserve these kind of comments on teamtalk forum not here this is punters lounge and there are many people who rely on our post to place their bet you may be decieved to see that barcelona didnt score but if u know football u should have known that is was a risky match and that chelsea have enough power to stop barcelona shut down messi like they did for gerrard and torres

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) That was anti-football, Chelsea reminded me of Rangers when they got to the Uefa Cup Final. I said to my mate before the game i would rather lose 2-1 than draw 0-0 away from home in the first leg, Sir Alex has always said the same as well. I Fancy Barca to come and win at Stamford Bridge if we see a more attacking Chelsea side.

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) Think yous all down south just want an English team to win it...C'mon the Barca And all you's North of the border can't wait to jump on every chance to have a go at the premiership teams. It's pretty pathetic really, just plain jealousy because your mickey mouse league pales into insignificance in comparison. Apart from Rangers and Celtic the rest of the spl would struggle to stay in the championship :lol

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) Actually fella, I'm only down South because of University. You say your Sunday team could've got a 0-0 doing the same... and you say the Spanish will be laughing their head off. So technically your Sunday league would be one of the better teams on La Liga considering only 2 teams have drawn there this season and only 1 has won and none have stopped Barca from scoring? In no way am I saying this was a good football match, not at all. I'm just saying those who expected Barca to crush Chelski shouldn't be surprised by the way the English team played as many have done the same in the past. It's a tactical game... why the hell would they want to blow any chance in the first leg. The odds show it as well. Barca were fav's. Now, after this 'boring omg wtf rubbish wank football performance', Chelsea are. I'm also glad Messi was shown to not be invincible and fair play to Boswinga.