** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April )

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) What a ridiculous half.. I can't believe Chelsea would stoop to this level?! Absloutly praying to take the game to Stamford Bridge.. I have a sneaky sensation we'll see the same game there.. And soory to cry but the UEFA official Stark has some nerve to start speaches at this level.. let the game role you w**ker:spank

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) Come on, that's pathetic. I can understand tactics etc etc but this is like chelsea admitting its level is far below barca. God bless they didn't get compensated from this drogba chance(what was he thinking and he dribbled when he got the rebound, poor decision)

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) I don't see what everyone is slating Chelsea for... United did it last season, got the 0-0, took it back to Old Trafford and won it there. This is a tactical game, not some '5-a-side kickabout' where point are given for the most goals. If there is anything Hiddink is good at, it's tactical battles.

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April )

sweet beard of zeus. i cant believe it's took me until the 3rd page of this thread to find someone with a sensible grasp of what will happen tonight. any of you who think chelsea stand a chance tonight cant have been watching barcelona a great deal this season. they are simply one of the finest sides to have ever played the game. think of the brazil team of the 1970's and your somewhere near. forget about what has happened in the past between these 2 sides or about when barca has faced english sides in the competiton in the last few years. this barca team under guradiola and with the form of inniesta, xavi, eto, messi and henry are simply unstoppable. drogba will cause problems blah blah ******* blah. drogba wont have the opportunity to cause problems as chelsea's midfield wont have hold of the ball long enough to give the ball to him. chelsea will be chasing shadows all night long. i've gone for barca 4-0 and dont be surprised if it's that score by half time. i've also gone for a treble of barca, mk dons and werder bremen and andded dynamo kiev to that in a seperate four timer.
go and do your homework again

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) Whats quite funny is that a couple of years ago Jose Mourinho complained about teams not as good as them were going to the Bridge and parking the bus to get a draw.Now, Chelsea -albeit under a different gaffer - are going to the favourites for the competition and are carrying out the same tactic. Will you hear any Chelsea fan complaining if they snatch a draw - absolutely not.

go and do your homework again
shut up you clown. my analysis of the game was based on the 2 teams actually attempting to play football. hiddink was saying that he would be looking for a away goal and therfore you assume that they are going to actually put players in front of the ball and try and attack. the sort of thing your watching here from chelsea is something you expect from the likes of san marino or kazakhstan against england at international level. these 2 teams are supposed to be evenly matched and like someone has already said, the wat chelsea are playing is shameful and like they are admitting they are woefully short of barca. which they would be shown to be if they actually grew some testicales. id be wholly embarassed if i was a chelsea fan, player or their manager tonight.

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) Some of the comments on here are plain daft. This is a champions league semi-final not an end to end kick about down the local park with your mates. Football at the highest level is all about tactics and disciplined teamwork and this can de demonstrated just as effectively from a defensive approach as it can an offensive. If people cannot appreciate this fact they should stop moaning and go and watch basketball.

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) :clap At last someone with some sense! Masterful defensive display by Chelsea in the 1st half and so far the 2nd half!

Some of the comments on here are plain daft. This is a champions league semi-final not an end to end kick about down the local park with your mates. Football at the highest level is all about tactics and disciplined teamwork and this can de demonstrated just as effectively from a defensive approach as it can an offensive. If people cannot appreciate this fact they should stop moaning and go and watch basketball.

Got to take your hat off to the bettingzone tipster who put the 0-0 up at 12/1. I suppose thats why he gets paid to offer his opinion whilst we are mere amateurs.
Top gamble - I posted the exact opposite earlier :lol Think I will stick with the woofers

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) :dude

Barcelona v Chelsea I think Hiddink has played mind games suggesting Bosingwa can stop Messi. Messi is no doubt Barcelona's main threat to Chelsea and just like what Chelsea did to Liverpool in man marking Gerrard with Essien, I think Hiddink will do the same with Messi and have Essien mark him! Interesting stat time!!! In 3 encounters between English & Spanish teams in Champions League Semi Finals the 1st legs have only yielded 1 goal in the 3 encounters!!! English Teams v Spanish Opposition in the Champions League Semi Finals since Tournament inception: 2000/2001 Leeds played Valencia drawing the 1st leg 0 v 0 at Elland Road and losing the 2nd leg in Spain 3 v 0. 2005/2006 Arsenal played Villareal winning the 1st leg at The Emirates 1 v 0 and drawing the 2nd leg in Spain 0 v 0. 2007/2008 Man Utd played Barcelona drawing the 1st leg in Spain 0 v 0 and winning the 2nd leg at OT 1 V 0. Predictions: Draw @3.50 Paddypower :cow No Goalscorer @11.00 Paddypower (Note this gives us 0 v 0 scoreline and also if the 1st goal scored is an own goal - 2 bets for the price of 1!) :cow Under 2 Goals @3.75 William Hill :cow :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) I'd like to congratulate Torn Up Slip for truly proving his worth :) Incidentally, anyone that watches football expected that performance tonight. Liverpool did it a couple of years back here, United did it last year, Chelsea were always going to do the same. Why? Because it works! Barcelona only have one style of football and men behind the ball stops Barca playing! Barca had what, 17 chances? How many clear-cut? 3? The only ways they could win this game were via set pieces or individual brilliance. Chelsea can defend against that kind of one-dimensional attack all day long.

Barcelona v Chelsea Predictions: Draw @3.50 Paddypower No Goalscorer @11.00 Paddypower (Note this gives us 0 v 0 scoreline and also if the 1st goal scored is an own goal - 2 bets for the price of 1!) Under 2 Goals @3.75 William Hill
Fundamental research is the way to go. :notworthy Great read which end in those awesome bets. Enjoy your winnings. :ok As for the match, 0:0 isnt that bad for Barcelona either. Today we saw Drogba having one chance.. if Chelsea is going to play more offensive in next match they will have more problems with Barcelona offense and any draw from 1:1 is in favour of Barcelona ;)

shut up you clown. my analysis of the game was based on the 2 teams actually attempting to play football. hiddink was saying that he would be looking for a away goal and therfore you assume that they are going to actually put players in front of the ball and try and attack. the sort of thing your watching here from chelsea is something you expect from the likes of san marino or kazakhstan against england at international level. these 2 teams are supposed to be evenly matched and like someone has already said, the wat chelsea are playing is shameful and like they are admitting they are woefully short of barca. which they would be shown to be if they actually grew some testicales. id be wholly embarassed if i was a chelsea fan, player or their manager tonight.
what happen to the best team in the world cant even get a goal against chelsea things that bolton can do this is english side man u must sure be dreaming when telling that they will win by 4 0 halftime and let me remind you one thing when liverpool has go to play at stamford bridge chelsea play defensively too but even that they liverpool score so dont come whining on that...

As I mentioned before' date=' ppl, stick to those who know their business here, well done Chelsea, magician Hiddink did fantastic tactical work again, this will be a great 2nd leg match to watch :ok[/quote'] well said man i too stay away from that one scurnthope and mk dons make my day :nana

Got to take your hat off to the bettingzone tipster who put the 0-0 up at 12/1. I suppose thats why he gets paid to offer his opinion whilst we are mere amateurs.
There were other tipsters who tipped for 0:0 or 1:1.. they dont get paid To some up this was really confusing.. I kept hoping Barca would score but the "tactics" which is a word used for cowardly display won over the creative beautiful football.. I hate to think Chelsea would get anywhere with this and wherever they go I hope they lose.. I lost my bet tonight but I have no complaints whatsoever to barca, they played their football.. luckily for Guus and his "men" the referee let them get away with these aggressive fouls.. they wont have Stark to save them at Stamford bridge. I'm not a Barca fan but hope Chelsea lose.. Nice evening altogether from barca and good for them.. down with Chelsea and their "tactics".. :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League ( 28-29 April ) I'd like to congratulate Torn Up Slip for truly proving his worth :) :ok Spot on. I don't believe in belittling somebody for a lack of judement but the way he wrote his initial post any criticism is fully justified imo. I told him he was setting himself up for a big fall and so it proved. I've been in this game long enough to learn that sweeping statements more often than not leave you with egg on your face.