** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

CL 14-15/4 QF return leg

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg

Stay away from both games tonight as these could go either way, both ties look over as in who is going through, but all three results are possible in both games, no real standout price on over/under markets. Much better betting prospects in tomorrow's games.
I'm with you on this one, don't know what to think of either game!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Bayern - Barcelona Bayern players will be very motivated to revenge for guests convincing defeat and they will attack from the start. On the other hand, do not spend words on Barcelona style of play and therefore I suggest to have over 2.5. Chelsea - Liverpool Liverpool does not have much choice, and they have to attack from the start and the absence of John Terry could facilitate their work. On the other hand, Chelsea has shown that it has the quality to punish all opponents mistakes, and Chelsea play a lot more attack under Hiddink. I expect a very exciting match and suggest that you bet on the over 2.5.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Am sure Chelsea will go in for the kill tonight, Liverpool are always dangerous when playing the second leg at Anfield. Away from Anfield they're just another team like any other team playing away. Essien will probably be asigned the same task as last time out should Stevie play so movement will be limited and on top of that he is not fully fit "does RAFA ever concede defeat why not save him for the remaining matches in the league". My selection Chelsea Bayern Munich will get a chance to avenge their humiliating defeat but it's a big ask for them to progress. Will have to beat barca 5-0 to progress which is impossible. Barcelona will go to germany relaxed knowing all the hard work has been done all they need to do is avoid a 5-0 thrashing, taking Barca's form and the desire for revenge by Bayern into consideration I have taken a Draw for match. The Arsenal Match, I will not even go into detail as am an Arsenal supporter so might be a bit biased but hey I want my team to progress so Arsenal to WIN Nothing to say about the the Porto/Man U match except C'MON PORTO small stake on a porto WIN

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Chelsea v Liverpool - Away win Although personally I think that Liverpool face too much of an uphill struggle to qualify for the semi finals, there is indeed great value in the Anfiled side to win tonights match @ 3.1 It seems logical in such an unusual situation in which Liverpool have to score 3 times at Stamford Bridge that the tactics employed by Guus Hiddink will be to stifle Liverpool's creativity, sit in and hold on to the virtual 3 goal advantage the hold in this tie. There is always the possibility that these tactics could lead to opportunities to hit Liverpool on the counter but for me I can see Liverpool nicking this one 1-0 or 2-1. An away win looks great value at 3.1 and is a pick I plan to double up on with a Barcelona win. TCM

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Chelsea v Liverpool pick: Liverpool to win by 2 or more goals @ 6.5 (bet365) A lot has already been said except maybe one thing, and that is the potential of Liverpool side and their ability to produce outstanding results, even against top teams in the world - that is, in the best days in recent history of this club. They managed to beat Manchester twice this season, as well as Chelsea. No doubt that Hidink came and managed to turn things round, he is a great manager after all, but I don't think they are aware they could very well be hit by a train tonight... As for Barca, I expect nothing less than another easy walk in the park, especially now when the pressure is off. :cheers

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Bayern - Barcelona over 2.5 goals Barca are in great shape and don't really have to face any pressure. Klinsmann wants to stay in Munich and so his team has to show a good performance. I think this is going to be a pretty nice and offensive game. Chelsea - Liverpool no goals in first half

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Liverpool @ 3.00 I believe that Liverpool will win this game, but I don't think they will qualify for next round. John Terry misses this game through suspension and I believe that Chelsea will really miss him at the back allowing Torres an co that little bit extra. Liverpool must not be underestimated and with unexpected results like 4-0 at Old Trafford and 4-0 in Madrid they definetly have what it takes to get a result at Stamford Bridge. Also I feel that Liverpool will win today because the players know that all eyes are on them after the anniversary of Hillsbourgh. Chelsea - Liverpool Both teams to score @ 1.80 Liverpool need to score to have any chance of going through here and will look to attack from the start tonight and with the loss of Terry im more than confident that Liverpool will score. However, maybe in pushing forward they will find themselves more than open at the back at times and with Didier Drogba in top form it could take only once chance to find the ball in the back of there net. Chelsea - Liverpool Over 2.5 goals @ 2.02 As said above im confident that both teams will score and im just as confident that one of these teams will score two. Drogba and Torres on a hot streak, Terry being out and with the goal threats of Gerrard and Lampard, this to me points in favour of the Overs. Bayern Munich vs Barcelona - Both teams to score @ 1.53 Lets be honest here, the damage was done in the first leg and the tie is over. Bayern will be looking to make the score respectable and with the home fans and with the fact Guardiola will more than likely rest some of his team they are more than capable of scoring. Barcelona will always have a goal in them with the quality they have in the squad. Barcelona have scored over 100 goals this season and to ease any unwanted tension im sure they will score to just put to bed any thoughts of what would be the mother off all comebacks

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg bayern - Barca +2.5 It's said by a lot of guys here. it can be an open match? Bayern want to show the home fans they can play good against top teams. After the 4-0 in Barca they really want to set a good result. with barca players as messi and perhaps Bojan, who I think will play, love these kinds of game. Also Lucio is a great defender. He's really strong, but it's always difficult to play against small fast strikers. Chelsea - Liverpool everybody says a +2.5 and perhaps it can be, but I really don't believe Chelsea will play really offensive. They are going to try and keep things closed and counter. Anyone knows if Drogba will play? I got this feeling Drogba will score tonight but...

bayern - Barca +2.5 It's said by a lot of guys here. it can be an open match? Bayern want to show the home fans they can play good against top teams. After the 4-0 in Barca they really want to set a good result. with barca players as messi and perhaps Bojan, who I think will play, love these kinds of game. Also Lucio is a great defender. He's really strong, but it's always difficult to play against small fast strikers. Chelsea - Liverpool everybody says a +2.5 and perhaps it can be, but I really don't believe Chelsea will play really offensive. They are going to try and keep things closed and counter. Anyone knows if Drogba will play? I got this feeling Drogba will score tonight but...
Yes, Drogba will play.

I Can't find the top Scorer thread so i will post here. Any one else think Messi to be top Scorer 1.53 is a good bet with 8 goals. Nearest person to him is Klose and Steve G with 7. Klose is out for the season and livepool should get knocked out tonight
Lisandro from porto is right behind with 6, I can see him equalling 7 and if they progress maybe more he has had more shots on target than anyone else this time around.

Bayern Munich vs Barcelona - Both teams to score @ 1.53 Lets be honest here, the damage was done in the first leg and the tie is over. Bayern will be looking to make the score respectable and with the home fans and with the fact Guardiola will more than likely rest some of his team they are more than capable of scoring. Barcelona will always have a goal in them with the quality they have in the squad. Barcelona have scored over 100 goals this season and to ease any unwanted tension im sure they will score to just put to bed any thoughts of what would be the mother off all comebacks
Agree, very nice read I can only underline this. Best of luck with that one Celticlad :ok

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Bayern/Barca is a perfect game for draw layers ... all signs point to goals, and according to Soccer Mystic laying draw and backing after a goal is better value then laying 0-0 HT. If no goals are scored after 55 minutes I plan on trading out for a loss ...

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg TOnights games are a commmmmmmmmplete Nightmare. Absolutely, Ive been thinking about it all day. I dont know if its really worth risking money on these games. Very Risky indeed.. I think ill just do some in play betting if anything looks like its taking a pattern.. See if anythign takes my fancy.. Its really difficult to make any predictions.. I stil dont think BAyern will win. I think Barca will draw or win personally. I might go for an X2 Braca at 1.46 Seems pretty reasonable to me. Ill check the line ups, just to make sure Barca have a full team out. If so, then i think they are worth backing X2..

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventChelsea v Liverpool
Selectionunder 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date14/04/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.89 (Back)
Reasoninga game in which defences usually dominate, 1.89 looks a good price. The fact that Liverpool need goals explains the generous price but I think Chelsea have enough to contain them without having to attack too much at the other end.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Well, its so dangerous tonight. it really is luck of the draw..but its looking more and more like 1xChelsea, X2Barca...in my opinion.. Shame that we wont see Gerrards legs running around the pitch tonight.. Atleast we still have LAmpard as eye candy.. wink wink

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg hi lads. 1st post on here and looking forward to a lot of banter in the future. i've gone for a treble over the next 3 nights of barca, hamburg and bremen all to win. i know the games seem over in terms of overall result but a £20 treble with hills pay over £500. the gulf in class between the selections and the opposition was absolutely massive and i think it's a really good bet.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Just came across one of PP's match specials Ivanovic to score with a header in 90mins play Own goals do not count @ 16/1 And considering he scored 2 in the first leg, worth a little punt. He is available at 10's for anytime goalscorer if you don't trust his head. Having said that, Liverpool should of adapted their play to counter his movements from set plays.

hi lads. 1st post on here and looking forward to a lot of banter in the future. i've gone for a treble over the next 3 nights of barca, hamburg and bremen all to win. i know the games seem over in terms of overall result but a £20 treble with hills pay over £500. the gulf in class between the selections and the opposition was absolutely massive and i think it's a really good bet.
Welcome to the lounge. Now about your bet am not trying to discourage you or anything like that but humberg seem to have a problem in defence, quite a few injuries have been announced, breimen's away record is quite poor this season only won once in the bundasliga. But football is football you just never know.