** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL 14-15/4 QF return leg

Tuesday 14 April 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Bayern München v Barcelona (19:45BST) 2.97 3.65 2.52 100.75 % Details »
Hide « Bayern München v Barcelona
Chelsea v Liverpool (19:45BST) 2.40 3.40 3.40 100.49 % Details »
Hide « Chelsea v Liverpool
Wednesday 15 April 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Arsenal v Villarreal (19:45BST) 1.57 4.70 7.40 98.43 % Details »
Hide « Arsenal v Villarreal
FC Porto v Manchester Utd (19:45BST) 3.80 3.55 2.17 100.57 % Details »
Hide « FC Porto v Manchester Utd

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg TO QUALIFY

Tuesday 14 April 2009 Team 1 Team 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Bayern München v Barcelona (19:45BST)126.001.6162.70 %Details »
Hide « Bayern München v Barcelona
Chelsea v Liverpool (19:45BST)2.2534.0047.39 %Details »
Hide « Chelsea v Liverpool
Wednesday 15 April 2009 Team 1 Team 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Arsenal v Villarreal (19:45BST)2.309.0054.59 %Details »
Hide « Arsenal v Villarreal
FC Porto v Manchester Utd (19:45BST)2.001.99100.25 %Details »
Hide « FC Porto v Manchester Utd

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg 2.3 for Arsenal to qualify and at the same time 9 for Villareal to qualify looks a bit too good for me. Ill go to the bank for a loan and put 500000 dollars on each! Haha! (Whats the deal with Coral anyways? Went to their page, of course, but couldnt even find any alternatives for "to qualify") Seriously though, over 4 for Villareal (which is the real deal) to qualify looks good to me. The teams are basically equal to me in the CL. Also considering 7.2 for Villareal to win (betfair)

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Bayern Munich v Barcelona Barcelona have been on top form at the moment and there is no reason why that should not continue, Bayern Munich have a bit of catching up to do with Barcelona on the goals but what ever way it goes Barcelona should be able to get the first goal of the game. Chelsea v Liverpool Chelsea have the advantage of the away goals here that they took from the previous match, although Liverpool were playing well and managed to strike the ball into the net first it will be essential that they do the same again if they want to have any chance. Barcelona & Liverpool first teams to score 3.38/1 Double Bet365

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg

2.3 for Arsenal to qualify and at the same time 9 for Villareal to qualify looks a bit too good for me. Ill go to the bank for a loan and put 500000 dollars on each! Haha! (Whats the deal with Coral anyways? Went to their page, of course, but couldnt even find any alternatives for "to qualify") Seriously though, over 4 for Villareal (which is the real deal) to qualify looks good to me. The teams are basically equal to me in the CL. Also considering 7.2 for Villareal to win (betfair)
Yeah - it's a mix-up. I did some digging on the Coral's site and the odds are from the "to qualify" market - BUT the "to qualify for the FINAL" one. The to qualify markets are nowhere near the matches but almost at the bottom of the Football bets page.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Arsenal AH -1 @ 1,83 Expekt (Bet 365 had 1,85 yesterday) with high stakes will be my only bet of this leg: Arsenal is IMO one of strongest sides in europe atm, they are now unbeaten in unbelievable 18 matches in EPL, by most people considered strongest league of the world, won their last 5 matches in a row! Seems like they assured 4th important CL spot in domestic league, perhaps they are able to get close to 3th Chelsea... They struggled surprisingly in CL group stage, were clear favourites but qualified as second team after Porto. This was the period Wenger had to cope with many key injuries. Their 1/8 final match against Roma was won in penalty after 120 mins of second leg. So this team is really beyond of being convincable in this competition this year with many ups and downs. But at the end of season contrary to so many other teams, Gunners seem to play better week after week!! They will be full of confidence after 4:1 away win against Wigan, with Wigan being in front 1:0 at HT!! These kind of matches give players self-confidence and boost their morale, surely Wenger should get an extra credit, he did a really great job @ halftime, like he did against Villareal last week to avoid an away loss in second half. We saw an important comeback of Van Persie in second half & already in-form Adebayor was rested most of time, played only for 20 mins, as mentioned before skipper and most influent players Fabregas continues to get his form match after match. But most important is his patience and leadership abilities which shines also on other players. Perhaps some people think he is overrated but they are entirely mistaken. Firstly these people have to ask themselves, why should such a superb, succesful and intelligent manager like Wenger replace Gallas as skipper with an only 21 years old boy!! and secondly, they should ask themselves, why other players around him seem to play better when he is on pitch!! Quite easy answer: He is the heart of Gunners' midfield, he is the unique pacemaker every team is glad to have. This guy is the upcoming absolute superstar, in same league like Gerrard, Lampert, Xavi or Iniesta. Of course in form Arshavin won't be available in CL this year, Fabianski won race against Almunia for sure and Van Persie & adebayor will be both rested and hungry for goals. Nasri & Eboue were rested completely. Djourou is still listed as questionable for Wednesday's clash, as he got injured against Wigan, but I don't think his absence would be a really big blow, cos Sylvestre replaced him well and even scored, so IMO only blow for Wengers' Men will be injured Gallas & Clichy. Villareal started well in domestic league, being unbeaten in 11 consecutive matches, but week after week now it seems they have lost their power, have only in mind to end this season on a honorable place, fighting with Valencia for 4th place. At this moment of season it looks clearly like their squad in not "deep" enough to play in 2 competitions on high level, when it comes to midweek/weekend matches. 2 weeks ago before Arsenal clash they rested some players against Almeria and boom lost 0:3! This week all people thought coach Pellegrini learned his lesson with this questionable tactical game, he rested only few one like Llorente (came in after 55 mins) but boom they also lost against Malaga 2:0 at home!! They are in clear downtrend, losing 3 out of last 4 domestic matches, in CL they didn't also show really good results, ended with 2-3-1 their group phase behind ManU, which was not really surprising, as this group was one of weakest with Celtic & Aalborg... And now the main reason I'm so confident about this bet: Marcos Senna, the spain international is out for this match! This guy means quite the same for the team like Gerrard for Pool or Ribery for Barca. He was the guy who shot Villa in front against Gunners, he is by far their most important midfielder. His absence won't be big, it will be lethal for Villareal midfield!! Mati Fernandez and Cani are also doubtful, while Santi Cazorla has already been ruled out for the rest of the season with a broken leg. English sides usually play well at home against teams from iberian Peninsula , who could forget Pool's amazing 4:0 against Real or Gunners 4:0 against Porto in stage phase? I can't see how this weakened Villareal side could reach anything out of Emirates stadium, this Gunners team are ready for semifinals or even higher. I expect a clear home win, smth like 2:0 or 3:0 Gl @all :D

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg feeling barca and dynamo kiev. barca will easily win in germany i think. too much for the standard bayern team. no one can ignite things for them except ribery but i think he looks mega tired of doing it! and no one goes to kiev and wins! simples :) esp not psg. no no no double is like 4.08/1 on eurobet... does any else use this place its mega good!???? :)

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Nanananana. Have some odd feeling about Bayern match. Would go on over, expecting a few goals for sure and on Bayern win. Barcelona can win for sure, they can win high if they want aswell.. but to be honest you lead 4:0, did not concede a goal at home you can score 1 goal and its enough really. Reason why I would not back Barcelona is that they wont care about late equalizer or something similar.. a close lose, a draw is possible and thats why I would not bet on Barcelona since Lahm and Lucio gonna give defense more stability atleast. :ok

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Arsenal v Villereal Hi Boyz. . Im expecting Arsenal to go through here and win this game. 1-0, 2-0, 3-1 or something....If Arsenal have a bad day infront of goal like they sometimes do, then it could be a 1-0, but if they have a good game then they should get atleast 2 goals here, maybe more and run riot. Villereal are nowhere near their best at the moment and could get a good hiding.. losing in the League aswell, on a bad run of form. And Senna is their midfield BIgboy PowerHouse, and they have lost him to injury now.. With alot of important players missing they should suffer to an inform Arsenal side. Arsenal will need to score atleast one goal i feel, they cant rest on a 0-0, they need to go for a few goals and kill the match off. They have a chance here to take advantage of a Shagged Villereal side suffering from lots of injuries. Villereal have to attack to win this game aswell so it should be a open game full of chances, and that should suit Arsenal. Hopefully it wont end up a sh-tty 0-0. That would be sh-te.. Bayern v BArcelona I mean, how can you bet on the 1x2 market here. Impossible to make a prediction, You would have to be a fool to stake money down on this game. Will have to see the Squad line ups see if Sexy Messi is playing but I cant see Bayern surrendering, they are deffinately gonna be playing for their pride here after that 4-0 whopping, and wil try and win this game, but ofcourse BArcelona wont want to lose either. Not good for morale. A draw maybe id go for if i had a gun to my head.. Chelsea v Liverpool Strangely enough, when I was thinking about the first leg I thought Chelsea might come away with a positive result. I thought they were Fresher than Liverpool and thought that could be the key, but here i wouldnt be suprised about any result. I feel Chelsea will go through here, but i think its going to be tight. COuld end up being 2-0 to liverpool or something. Really wouldnt be suprised, if Chelsea try and ride out the 90minutes and conceed a few goals in the process. Im not betting on it though.... POrto v MAn Utd THis is Dodge boys.. Seriously.. MAn utd will be alot fresher for this game, and will be in a much better position with their defence which has been their main problem lately. Ferdy and VId should be in Central roles..SOme will argue that MAn Utd are not on top form. but they have been doing just enough to get the results along the way. Personally they have been doign alot of Squad Rotation this season, as they are going for all 5 competitions this year, and they have had to cope with a lot of injuries along the way. Thats a heck of a task gunning for all comps, but if anyone can do it, Fergie can. NOw it really depends here on the team that goes out on Wednesday. NEeds to be their Strongest poss line up, and they need to be rested which i think they are. ROnaldo should be well rested which is a key for them. Last game they were not prepared. Not enough time to recover from the VIlla game. That was visible. THis time they will have had 3-4 days rest. Some players more, the ones that played little or none on Saturday. HOw are Porto going to play this game, they cant sit back for 90mins and defend. WHats their strategy gonna be. THey will have to look for a goal surely. So it should be another open game, alot of pressure on Porto, cos they they cant afford any mistakes. I think both teams to score, and another over could deffinately be on the cards here. I really feel that Man Utd will come outta of this one with a win, and they deffinately need 1 goal and may have to look for 2 goals to give em that cusion of Extra time incase Porto are scoring aswell. I will wait until the squads are announced. But at this moment in time im gonna side with MAn Utd here. Arsenal have beaten this team 4-0 at the Emerites, but they lost 2-0 in Porto, but Arsenal had already qualified for the knock outs at that stage, and top spot wasnt all that important. THis is a must win game, so its quite different.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg ''Everyone seems to be picking Liverpool to beat tomorrow but can't see it!..I putting small stakes on a 2-2 draw..I think it will be tight with a few goals in it and I like the look of Evans aswell at PaddyPower'' I wouldnt wanna risk my money on a game like this personally, I would take something abit more predictable, This could turn out to be any result in my opinion. Totally unpredictable game.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Bayern will play for prestige,it's for sure.I see Barca resting few players as there is no need to play hard for them.My bet: both teams to score @1.53 :hope I don't see Pool winning 3-0 or 4-2 at Chelsea.They will try to score as many as possible but all Chelsea needs is to score 1 goal and Pool is out. I don't think Chelsea will miss their chance to go to the next round.My bet: both teams to score @ 1.83 :hope All bets placed with bet365. GL:ok

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Chelsea vs. Liverpool - Over2.5 @ 2.07 (Bet365) Liverpool needs to score 3 goals if they are to have any chance of qualifying, so they will have to take their chances and attack right from the beginning. This could create space for Chealsea's counter-attacks but if Chelsea scores just 1 goal, it won't really matter. From Liverpool's point of view they would still need 3 goals to go to extra time. Also, Chelsea's defense showed some worrying signs in the match against Bolton. After Chelsea was 4-0 up, their defense simply switched off and allowed Bolton to score 3 goals in under 10 minutes. And Bolton actually had a good chance to make it 4-4 in the last minutes. Chelsea will be without John Terry at the back as he is suspended. On the other hand, Liverpool continued their good run in the Premier League by scoring 4 against Blackburn. I think it will be a pretty open match with chances for both sides and over2.5 @ 2.07 (Bet365) looks good to me. GL everyone.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Both games are going to be attack minded. Liverpool can do nothing but attack from the start. With Torres on form this can only lead to a goal or two. Then on the other hand counter attacks from chelsea should secure a bet on both teams to score. This doubled with both teams to score in Munich. Barca have this game won so expect them to be playing at 75%`. Expect them to at least get 1 goal but can see Munich getting 2 or more to restore some pride. Good luck all.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Well today starts my gh campaign(!) with the game bayern-barca. My picks are over 2,5/over 3,5. The only way that i won't bet at these is guardiola to select a very strange line-up, such as without 2-3 of messi,xavi,iniesta,etoo. I saw in Bayern's saturday game i quite fighting spirit and seemed to me that they really want to prove something until the end of the season. For today's game i feel they will try beat barca with as many goals as they can, not to proceed to the next round but take somekind of revenge for last week's humiliation. I see bayern scoring 2 or more goals but it also seems inevitable that barca will score at least one. Hoping for a best starting XI for barca so to increrase our odds.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg 4 Leg Multi

Selection: : VILLARREAL (ESP) (+1.0) @ 2.60 Undecided
Event: Champions League, ARSENAL (ENG) vs VILLARREAL (ESP) Market: Handicap Result, 15 April 2009 20:45
Selection: : BARCELONA (ESP) @ 2.38 Undecided
Event: Champions League, BAYERN MUNICH (GER) vs BARCELONA (ESP) Market: Match Result, 14 April 2009 20:45
Selection: : FC PORTO (POR) (+1.0) @ 1.75 Undecided
Event: Champions League, FC PORTO (POR) vs MANCHESTER UTD (ENG) Market: Handicap Result, 15 April 2009 20:45
Selection: : Over (2.5) @ 2.15 Undecided
Event: Champions League, CHELSEA (ENG) vs LIVERPOOL (ENG) Market: Under / Over 2.5, 14 April 2009 20:45
Combined Dividend: 23.282

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg I Can't find the top Scorer thread so i will post here. Any one else think Messi to be top Scorer 1.53 is a good bet with 8 goals. Nearest person to him is Klose and Steve G with 7. Klose is out for the season and livepool should get knocked out tonight

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg I think the best bets of for Liverpool v Chelsea are these... Both teams to score @ 1.80 with BET365 Over 10 corners @ 1.80 with BET365 Over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 with BET365 Liverpool to score 1st @ 2.20 with BET365 This single game has the potential to be the game of the season. Liverpool need to win by 3 clear goals in order to go through to the next round. That is a difficult ask for any team, but anyone that thinks Liverpool can not achieve that clearly doesn't understand football. Football can sometimes, not often, just sometimes produce completely random results. The crutial aspect, as if in a coincidental twist of fate, is that John Terry will not play for Chelsea following a succession of bookings. That is a big miss to the spine of the Chelsea team. Bottom line is Liverpool MUST score first if they are to achieve the seemingly impossible task of doing what very very few teams do at Stamford Bridge. I know that Aston Villa was the last time they conceded 3 or more goals at Stamford Bridge. They have never conceded more than 2 at home in Europe. However, in another seemingly coincidental twist of fate, Bolton Wanderers achieved exactly what Liverpool need to achieve, in scoring 3 goals at Stamford Bridge, as if to prove to Liverpool that it can be done. Games of football are rarely as predictable, even in "obvious" one sided affairs. Barcelona v Bayern Munich is probably the one exception to the rule. Team news is favourabe to Liverpool, with Mascherano and Gerrard being passed fit to play (I just hope that Rafas quest for Europe doesn't dent their EPL hopes by causing Gerrard undue harm) With both Didier Drogba and Torres in lethal form right now, I expect both Liverpool and Chelsea to score. I think it's fair to assume that Liverpool must and need to attack from the off, which will likely open things up for Chelsea, and if scoring 3 goals against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge seems difficult, keeping a clean sheet against them will be nigh on impossible.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Barcelona (2.77 @ pinnacle) Barcelona may have a 4-0 lead and be tempted to take this one easy but expect them to show that they still are the favourites to win this with another clinical performance. Bayern may see the return of Lucio, van Buyten and Lahm in defence and given them more structure there, but it still will not change the fact that Barcelona are still a better side. Ribery is the only one capable of causing some major problems for Barcelona while they have the likes of Messi, Etoo and Henry up front to stretch the Bayern defence, while Iniesta and Xavi should still dominate the midfield. Unless Guardiola replaces half the side, then Barcelona should still win this as he will not risk losing such a huge lead and qualification into the next round with a "B" side playing in the quarter finals of the Champions League. Barcelona showed the gulf between the two sides to lead 4-0 after half time in the first leg, and you would expect them to go out there with still a pretty strong side and exploit the holes in the Bayern defence as they will have to push from the opening whistle to try and peg this huge deficit. Just the type of game that Messi etc love to take adavantage of. Liverpool (3.08 @ pinnacle) Chelsea despite allowing an early goal, stuck to their game plan and scored 3 goals, with two from an unlikely player, as everything they did after conceding went right for them while Liverpool stopped playing their normal game after a very good start in the game. Essien neutralised Gerrard while others didn't pick up the slack to see their team to victory. Expect this to be different in this game. Firstly, you could say that Liverpool were due a poor performance after playing with such a high tempo over the last month or so, and they showed in smashing Blackburn 4-0 that this was a blip, so expect a vast improvement in this game from the first leg. Secondly, with the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy, expect the team to win this game for all the families who lost somebody on that day, including Gerrard who lost a cousin. The return of Mascherano should see him do a similar job on Lampard that Essien did on Gerrard in the first leg, while Gerrard will be driven not to be shut down like he was in the first leg. With Terry out, Chelsea lose their organiser in defence, so look to Torres to also have a better game here. Hopefully Ensua will play instead of Aurelio becasue the kid has shown to be a better player defensively as well as going forward. Liverpool can turn the tables on Chelsea in this game but to repeat their comeback like they did in Instanbul is unlikely because Huddink will not allow this to happen. The Bolton game will have served notice to Chelsea not to be complacent coming into this game, and even if they go a goal behind, don't believe that they will panic, and will be content to lose the game by a goal. Livepool to save some face by winning this game and especially as a tribute to the Hillsborough families but unlikely to progress through to the semi finals

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Stay away from both games tonight as these could go either way, both ties look over as in who is going through, but all three results are possible in both games, no real standout price on over/under markets. Much better betting prospects in tomorrow's games.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg I will go with small stakes on Chelsea - Liverpool over 2.5 @2.00. IMO this is a relatively good price. The defence of Chelsea cannot be very confident after taking 3 late goals against Bolton. Liverpool on the other hand will play open aggressive football. If they succeed to score an early goal this will open the game even further. Chelsea on the counter attack will no doubt also be quite dangerous. So just a small bet on the over to make the game even more interesting to watch :cheers BTW I have a gut feeling it may end 1:3 for Liverpool but will not bet on that... Given the fact those are totally unpredictable games I will also go for the four combos of Team1/Team2 ht/full time winner @29.00 to 41.00 1/10.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg 14/04/2009 Chelsea - Liverpool - over 2.5 goals Chelsea welcome Liverpool to "Stamford Bridge" in the second meeting on 1 / 4 finals of the Champions League. Both team finished with result 1:3 for Chelsea in the 1st game and now it appears difficult task to Liverpool to scored 2 goals as a away team or at least must ended with 3:1 result. Liverpool has to score 2 or 3 goal at least and will play offensive. Important players - Torres and Gerrard will play with 100 % to have any chance to continue the team forward. Liverpool is a tournament fighter and could achieve such a reversal in its favor. Offensive football, however, is double-edged sword, and Chelsea can take advantage of it and play a counter, which I think is a very good argument to end the game with 3 or more goals. Liverpool, it is clear that we will not submit to the judges last warning, so betting over 2.5. Tips - over 2.5 goals