** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL 14-15/4 QF return leg

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Congrats to all yesterday winners and let's go down to work. Aresenal - Villareal Villareal comes without Marcos senna, important player in midfield, also they miss Cazorla. I guess they lost to Almeria and Malaga with the same squad. Dont think that Villareal will go through, however they have got chances, especially after Chelsea - Liverpul game, start to realise that everything can happen. So Villareal will try to score, Rossi and Llorente still in the front, also Pires can be dangerous especially on Emirates. So think over is possible here. Porto - Man. Utd. Guess there will be hot game, my local bookie gives 1.75 on Manchester to qualify. I have a feeling that there will be also an over. If porto will score first then Man. will open and run to score, if not Manchester will play balanced game. Opinions guys

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg I can't bet on my team tonight (united) I think the match is in favour of Porto for sure and our price to go through is poor, however I cannot lay us because we can turn our play to another level at times, I would not advise anyone to take odds on about us going through though, even if we do, its a shocking price. :\ Arsenal v Villarreal - Villarreal to Qualify @ 4.70 Betfair (223 to back) Most people fancy Arsenal to see this through tonight after there 1-1 draw in Spain, however I am not so certain. As said before I am not major on injuries but Arsenal have some real defences problems here, Gallas, Djourou & Clichy all look set to miss out here, there goalkeeper Almunia is also injured and they do not have Arshavin who is cup tied. Senna will miss the match for Villarreal which will be a big blow for them and they also face a couple of other midfielders out, so it seems both sides will have to make a few changes. I think the bookies however have slightly underestimated the away side here, yes Arsenal are playing some nice football at the moment but an early goal for Villarreal tonight turns this game on there heads and will put them into favouritism here, I should imagine the away side will approach this with confidence and looking to score a couple of goals, if they can get two away goals tonight that should be enough to see them through, I think they are the value play here. Arsenal far to short.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Manchester United @ 2.20 PaddyPower Manchester United know they need to win tonights match and lets not forget Manchester United can blow away any team on there day and there is a big gap in class when there stars tick. Ferguson will send out an attacking side to look for a goal but with the likes of Vidic and Ferdinand at the back they are solid. Porto took Man Utd by surprise at Old Trafford but they know that Porto cannot be underestimated this time and that they must turn up in this match. Arsenal @ 1.57 Betfred The tie is not as safe as some people are making out. Arsenal cannot run the risk of protecting what they have because 1 goal from Villareal and there away goal in Spain is cancelled out. Arsenal may be without Gallas, Djourou and Arshavin but after 18 or so games unbeaten and with Adebayor and Fabregas back fit the confidence is booming. Wenger knows that in reality the Champions League is his priority know that they have opened a gap up between themselves, Aston Villa and Everton in the final Champ League place in the league. I expect this to be a tight game but Arsenal to win on the night.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Porto vs Manchester United - Both teams to score @ 1.90 Ladbrokes Manchester United must score and im more than confident that they will score more than once tonight, I can see Porto scoring also, there is always a twist on these occassions and I can see Porto making a tie out of this. However, I think that Manchester United will still go on to do a proffessional job and see themselves through to the Semi Finals with a possible 1-2 or 1-3 win.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg

In my thougs : Arsenal - Villareal CF 1 Chelsea - Liverpoll X FC Bayern Munich - FC Barcelone 2 FC Porto - Manchester United X
Well, atleast i was right for Chelsa - Liverpool :) . Great match btw ! Now im going for Arsenal @ 1.55 bet7days, great odd i think. _____________ Man U @ 2.1 _______ Good luck lads.

Manchester United @ 2.20 PaddyPower Manchester United know they need to win tonights match and lets not forget Manchester United can blow away any team on there day and there is a big gap in class when there stars tick. Ferguson will send out an attacking side to look for a goal but with the likes of Vidic and Ferdinand at the back they are solid. Porto took Man Utd by surprise at Old Trafford but they know that Porto cannot be underestimated this time and that they must turn up in this match. Arsenal @ 1.57 Betfred The tie is not as safe as some people are making out. Arsenal cannot run the risk of protecting what they have because 1 goal from Villareal and there away goal in Spain is cancelled out. Arsenal may be without Gallas, Djourou and Arshavin but after 18 or so games unbeaten and with Adebayor and Fabregas back fit the confidence is booming. Wenger knows that in reality the Champions League is his priority know that they have opened a gap up between themselves, Aston Villa and Everton in the final Champ League place in the league. I expect this to be a tight game but Arsenal to win on the night.
I congrate in advance for right decision, well done mate, will be a real good combo with high stakes as well :ok

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Agree that Porto - Man mat4 is dangerous to bet, especially 1X2. Think in first half Manchester will go to score and Porto will sit at the back waiting for opportunities for counterattac, and here important to wait who will score first, which u cant predict

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes Manchester United can beat Porto tonight in their Champions League tie. Arsenal could face United in the semifinals if they overcome Villarreal and Wenger said: "We have played Porto many times and it will be tough for United but their quality is strong and if they are at their best I think they will win." I dont rate Porto that highly to be honest, and I would be very Shocked if Porto actually won this game, even being at home. The only way i can see Porto going through to the next round, is by keeping it a draw, and a low scoring draw. I think that will be their tactic aswell, Defending heavily and counter attacking. I think Man utd will dominate this game and break their defence and I wouldnt be suprised to see utd score more than 2 goals here tonight. I might even have a little nibble on ROnaldo to score aswell, being in his native portugal, and being critisised abit lately aswell. Man Utd dominated Inter in the San Siro. SO i cant see why they wont dominate this game against POrto.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg I will go for porto on AH, given that no english team had ever beat porto at away. I would stick to it. Such glorious history should not be changed lol. But a draw will see Man Utd back to england. Also Arsenal on 1x2, I had a bad feeling that Arsenal would win the game by a goal. So AH -1 would be a waste of time, just like last night where people go for -0 for both game hahahaha. Neither villareal will let Arsenal score against them like how wigan did!

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Porto - Man Utd under 2.5 (1.92 @ pinacle) Porto will be content to sit back and wait for Man Utd as it is they who need to score the goal to give them the lead in this tie. And while they are very good at home, their away form has not been the best. Many of their players are showing tiredness and their main player is Portuguese, so expect some of the Porto players to pretty familiar with him (and being a former Sporting Lisbon, probably give him an extra kick in the leg, lol). On the way that Man Utd have been playing can't see them as being overwhelming favourites as the first leg saw Porto expose them. Even with Ferdinand expected to play, even he wasn't showing that good of form ebfore his injury and one wonders if he is being rushed back. So look to Porto to continue to play their counterattacking game which is built on defence first. Porto have not conceded a goal in their last two CL home games where they drew 0-0 with Athletico Madrid and beat Arsenal 2-0, while Man Utd have drawn 0-0 to both Inter Milan and Villareal, so their offence has struggled to score on the road while their defence has been solid. Either way, which ever team does happen to score, they will shut the game up so as not to have a repeat of the open game between Chelsea and Liverpool where both defences were too easily exposed and the goals flowed. Both teams would have watched this and they will want to have more steel in defence. Look to an intense game where the defences of both sides will be solid and most of the game will be stuck in the midfield Arsenal - Villareal over 2.5 (2.02 @ pinnacle) Arsenal have been playing well on the domestic front as they have rediscovered their scoring touch in front of goals. With the confidence they play in, they can beat anybody, as their slick passing creates plenty of oppotunities to score and with Fabregas back, he instigates much of the play. With Villareal without Senna, it is even more likely they will dominate the midfield. Villareal are not without a chance though, as they do tend to score on the road in the Primera Liga, but at the same time they do conceded. Arsenal have been weakened at the back without Almunia in goals, as well as Gallas, Clichy and Djourou in defence, so there could be some holes for the likes of Rossi to exploit. And Pires should have a good game in front of his former fans. While Arsenal are favoured to win especially with the likes of Adebayor and van Persie who can score goals, Villareal also have the ability to score. Arsenal's natural attacking game may be too much for them but a few goals should be scored before the result is determined.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Arsenal look the best bet tonite for a home win. Even though they have lost a few players through injury, they still have more than enough quality in the squad to dispose of a villareal team without their 'engine' marcos senna. Senna is vital to the villareal team and without him to stop fabregas, I believe that the arsenal midfield will have more freedom to create opportunites for adebayor to add to his tally. Villareal concede 2 goals against malaga last time out so their defence isn't that trustworthy, especially against a more potent arsenal attack. Just hope van persie partners adebayor.... Arsenal to win Arsenal (-1) Fabregas to score anytime GL all..

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg As for tonight's game at dragao, i feel man utd will try to play a possession game and patiently reach a winning goal. The way i see it, only an early 1st half time goal from porto's side will lead the game to a very high tempo, with united attacking with more players while porto will try to hit at the counter. So my picks for 2day are man utd to win and if we see an early porto goal automatically i will bet on over 3,5 in live betting

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Porto vs Man Utd The return of Ferdinand and Berbatov is a big plus for Man Utd going into this game. It will be interesting to see if the old man goes with Scholes in midfield? Berbatov adds a couple more dimensions to UTD's play - good target man, holds up the ball well, brings others into play and more importantly he can thread a pass or play the pass round the corner I'm sure Ferguson will go for the patient approach tonight. They have to keep things tight and try to nick one on the counterattack. The onus is on Utd but Porto are at home and I have a feeling that Porto will not park the bus - they will come out an attack and I can see that playing into the hands of th Red Devils With last night in mind - there are a few twisty turns left in this competition and therefore I will play in running Most people are predicting an overs game but if the United strategy works then I fancy unders - if Porto grab an early goal or Man Utd grab an early goal then it could be a goal fest again Man Utd win

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Arsenal - Villareal Wednesday 15th April ko 19.45pm. In my opinion Arsenal should win the match in regulation time tonite. Yes they will miss Gallas, Djourou & Clichy but i heard that Villareal too will miss their goalscorer from the first leg Senna also a couple of influential players out too. Villareal do not concede many goals away from home especially in england remember the 2 x 0-0 draws against Man Utd in group stages. They will come & see what Arsenal will throw at them before making the game too stretched early on. I wil put smallish stakes on the following.

• 0-0 @ 9-1
  • 2-0 @ 6-1
  • 2-1 @ 15-2
  • 3-0 @ 11-1
  • 3-1 @ 11-1
  • I also fancy Fagregas to score first tonite, he has been playing the last few games so should be well on the way to match fitness & will be eager to score against a Spanish team.

Good Luck all! :ok

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg I think people are getting abit carried away about this Porto side.. People seem to be getting roped into thinking POrto are the favourites. lol. Porto are the team under the pressure now. They got a great result at Old TRafford and played Man UTd just at the right moment. Man utd had just Played Villa 2 days before their last match. Thats not really enough time to recover. MAn Utd played cack to their standards but still Fergies plan nearly worked and they could have come out of it 2-1. They would have battered POrto had they been abit fresher... They will be fresher tonight, and the defence has been fixed for this game with Ferdy back. Man Utd know Porto are there for the taking. Porto wil be Defensive 100%, if you look at their home stats in Europe, they keep it tight. Low score draws. I can garentee that POrto will be playing for a 0-0 or 1-1 result tonight. THey wont win thats for sure and they wil try to not lose but keep the result a low score draw like they got against Ath Madrid. Man Utd will be going there to score 2 goals, and not just rely on a 0-1 result to get them through, they will be going to cancel out those 2 away goals. Its on the cards for ROnaldo to have a Stormer aswell.. HEll be out to prove a point. Fergies got him fired up.. PLus this HElton gk, i heard that hes abit of a GOmez of the past. Makes a few howlers.

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Porto vs Man United Porto may be happy with their away goals and hope for a low scoring draw. Will Ferguson counteract this with a very defensive formation with the hope to sneak a goal without conceding? That is my thinking but only if player selection's permit. I know history says no English club have beaten Porto at home but as they say that is all in the past. ManU's last away clean sheet was back at the start of march, since then they have been letting teams score. If Ferdinand does play, it does not mean a certain clean sheet so they really have to win by at least one goal. From the 1st leg result, Ferguson will know what is needed and as already mentioned - he will be patient. If Porto do play the exact same way as before then there will be goals but I can just see them sitting back on their 2 away goals and playing negatively ( I am expecting a lot of niggly tackles, diving and time wasting). This should play into Ferguson's tactics and I expect them to get a late winner. Selection: Half-Time/Full-Time - Draw/ManU @ 4/1

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Porto - Man Utd Selection: Over 2.5 10/10 Pinnacle Sports @ 2.01 (Back) Porto is a very good team, Perhaps better than Man United. They have proved it in the last match. They also have a good record vs the Reds and it wasnt a one off with Mourinho. Man United must take risks in order to advance, they have a poor record in Portugal but I believe the goals will come. CS 2-1 and 1-2 Arsenal - Villareal Selection: Arsenal (-1) (Asian Handicap) Expekt @ 1.89 (Back) In the 1st leg Villarreal showed they can press Arsenal and get a goal. As soon as they scored they relaxed their pressure and tried to contain Arsenal. Villarreal have shown to be soft in defending giving Arsenal players plenty of room and that they're physically inferior to the English team. At the Emirates Arsenal are much better than then they are away in Europe. Villarreal will miss some players but even with Senna I doubt they can do anything to stop the Gunners. Good luck and god bless TuttiFooty.Com

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg I think it are some stupid betting-matches. All sorts of things can happen I thought Porto-Atletico would be a +2.5 for sure. both attacking sides, but Atletico could'nt score and Porto proved they can play defenisve. I have to be honest, I didn't see that match, but I don't know. For the rest I need some advice. I don't really know a lot of Porto. Do they have a good fullback to keep ronaldo out of the game,...?? I really don't know a lot of their team this year to be honest... possible bet: vidic to score with a header. Arsenal - Villarreal is a match between both good sides. Also attacking both teams know what they are doing. Arsenal plays at home and will try to score a couple of goals. It all depends how Villarreal will play this match. Can they score or can't they score? My bet will be a goal from Adebayor and perhaps also rossi but I'm still working on thatone ;)

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Could you describe how Asian Handicap is define? Is it like team x get a virtual goal more, like the normal Handicap at betandwin for example? For today i think Manchester realized what could happen.. They knows, that they must score and win the game. For me Manchester United win or draw against Porto is safe. but the quote is too small, so i bet an United score first - United have to score and want to attack from the first minute United score first in first 45min - 2.10 United score first - 1.65 @betandwin

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg With Asian Handicap you can't have a draw, that is, if it's a draw then stake is returned. Some examples: Team A - Team B, betting on team A AH 0(also called pk): if A wins, you win. If it's a draw then money back, if team B wins you lose AH -0.5: if A wins, you win. If it's a draw then you lose, if team B wins you lose AH -1: if A wins with 2 goals or more, you win. If A wins with 1 goal, money back. Draw or team B wins means you lose your stake You could also have -0.25, which is -0.5 and 0 combined with half you stake on each. There are several other variations but this is the basics. And of course you could also have positive handicap, +0.75 for instance :) All in all it's an good way to more precisely bet on the outcome rather than just the ordinary outright wins (1 X 2)

I think it are some stupid betting-matches. All sorts of things can happen I thought Porto-Atletico would be a +2.5 for sure. both attacking sides, but Atletico could'nt score and Porto proved they can play defenisve. I have to be honest, I didn't see that match, but I don't know. For the rest I need some advice. I don't really know a lot of Porto. Do they have a good fullback to keep ronaldo out of the game,...?? I really don't know a lot of their team this year to be honest... possible bet: vidic to score with a header. Arsenal - Villarreal is a match between both good sides. Also attacking both teams know what they are doing. Arsenal plays at home and will try to score a couple of goals. It all depends how Villarreal will play this match. Can they score or can't they score? My bet will be a goal from Adebayor and perhaps also rossi but I'm still working on thatone ;)
Portos wish is to leave the game with a draw 0-0 / 1:1 look on the return leg against Atletico - 0:0 after 2:2 first leg. All CL games with Porto at Dragao are low draws mostly. But the defense of Porto are very unsure. I think the "game-course" could be like the tips of the punters here. Porto will be 100% defense at safe the 2 goals from Old Trafford, United wants to score since the first minute, but in this season Uniteds offense isnt the same like 2008. I believe the game ends with a 0:1, 1:2 or United rest to much of the lead and Porto could get a succesful counterattack to the final equalizer, cause the quality of Uniteds offense isnt in good form, look at the first leg, a late and happy second goal Could someone decribe Villarreals chance today? How is the quality of the yellow Submarinos? If I think at Villarreal, "they arent score a much" - comes into my head, is it real?

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg Tonights games are seriously big games. THese kind of games take big Balls to bet on, and even im scared.. Its a situation where anything could happen. We could see Red cards the lot.. If players start throwing their handbags around. There could be a few bad boys getting into trouble even. Anythign could happen. Best bet is to predict the unpredictable.. WHatever that may be..

Re: CL 14-15/4 QF return leg We did not expect 8 goals in Chels-pool match =D So like you said.. everything can happen even Porto-Man.U. 1:5 is a possibility xD or Arsenal-Villa 2:3 But then we get real.. and just say oh no not a chance. GL to all