Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb

Aykay1

450 Southwell - Dazzling Begum - each way Has been runner up the last twice over C&D but has only been beaten by 2 well handicapped types. The winner of his pensultimate race has gone in again twice and is now rated much higher than when beating Dazzling Begum and most recently was behind a well treated looking horse. He would be unlucky to come up against anything of that calibre here and should go close again.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb Raincoat 2.00 Musselburgh (EW) I really like Red Moloney and think it has a chance in the Supreme Novices but I'm not touching it at the odds as they won't want to overdo it today being so close to Cheltenham. I've opted for this one instead hoping that it's a decent ew price. It had decent placed form on the flat in graded races which includes a 2nd to Authorized. It has won on good and good to firm so should like the surface. Has moved from Gosdens stable but has ability and can run the favourite close if jumping hurdles well and if ready to go after 206 day break.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb Wolverhampton 8.50pm Thewaytosanjose 1pt lay Horse has recent good form and race today is run at same track LTO win,won 13th Dec 08 at a big price at 25/1 and then up on trip over a mile to grab last win but could have been any of a few that won in that race,so today i view the field as better and one should take this. Good Luck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb 15-20 Sandown - Free World - Win:

I really rate both Doctor David and Free World but I fancy Free World to bounce back and reverse the form on Panjo Bere.

Doctor David is a really fine animal and jumps superbly in the main so there will be no worries in that department, but I really feel that he will not have the pace to get past Free World. The track will suit him as does the ground but he will have to put in a career best to win this in my opinion.

Free World showed sublime ability when getting pipped by Aruldur here at Sandown in December, a race which was run faster than Master Minded’s victory that day. He followed up that run though with a shocker Ascot lto and was beaten comfortably by Panjo Bere who goes again here. I feel he will be back to his best and his preparation for the Arkle should end with a victory here in time for the big race. Runs well here so clearly likes the track and with Nicholls in better form than when he last ran, so should win this. Currently 9/4 available which seems massive to me.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb 5.50 Nad Al Sheba - Bankable - Back I should have probably abandoned this horse ages ago, but he clearly has bucket loads of ability so I'm going to give hime another chance to get his nose in front today. Has come close in some big races over here, hopefully the change of surroundings may do him good. 1PT win

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb It won't be easy picking the winner here. Watch My Back. will be fancied. He defied a blunder four out to score over 2m here Striking Article has struggled since winning at Hexham but makes more appeal than Role On or Hernando's Boy, who need to improve their jumping. has struggled since winning at Hexham but makes more appeal than Role On or Hernando's Boy, who need to improve their jumping. Striking Article.1pt.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb S4.15 Edas 1pt Win Edas is the only c&d winner in the field and has Graham Gibbons on board today who gets on well with the horse. Went down fighting last time out when beaten less than half a length. The Prescott horse (My Mentor) looks the main danger but the trainer has only 2 winners from 31 runners this season which suggests that he isn't quite firing, and looks too short in any case. Edas at around 5/2 looks a solid enough bet to me.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb 3.20 Sandown: Gauvain A lot will depend with this one how it's confidence is after taking a nasty fall at Fontwell last time out when looking the likely winner. If none the worse for that encounter then could be the real value of the race. Finished 2nd in Sandown novice chase event in November when well beaten by Free World - has a heavy pull in the weights today with that one and definitely progressed on next attempt when very impressive winner at Lingfield. Being 11lbs better off with the favourite today and if able to continue the progression shown prior to fall LTO then could be in the mix when push comes to shove. Charlie Mann's only runner across the cards today and certainly in with a decent chance today IMO. Win

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb 220 Warwick : Elk Trial Was very impressed by this one at Catterick, pulling well clear, interesting the trainer said it would improve a lot for the run too but in this company it wouldnt need to. A short price fav but it looks a tricky day with a few that look good on paper but also with a few doubts about them so lets hope ive picked the right one to get me off a losing run.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb San 2.45 According to Dick 1pt win Interesting race this and I like the highly regarded ATD. A former pointer who may need further in time, a comment which for me applies to all the big 3 at the head of the market here, but should just about get away with 2m here. On his bumper debut in this country he was impressive and struck as a horse to follow in the future. Lto he was perhaps a bit disappointing in the sense he couldn’t win ahead of a future winner who didn’t follow up after one initial win. However back in trip today slightly this highly regarded runner is the selection.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb Kilmeena Magic 1.40 Sandown. 0.5 points each way. She gets in here off a 3lb higher mark than last time (94) and although that appears to be a little unfair after coming 3rd, it still gives her every chance of a win in context with today's race. The trip and ground's suitable and she should get a decent pace to run down, so at the odds she appears well worth a chance.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb cleveland 230 south. 0.5 pts ew. had a word for this one today and although tips are usually a good enough reason to put a line through a runner, i think i'll stick with this one for today. can get the race run to suit and does have enough ability to fight out the finish and so at attractive odds would be worthy of a bet.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb 14:20 WARWICK Elk Trail National Hunt debut lto resulted in a 10 length win. 9-2 third favorite of the 11 runners and deserved the win when quickened to clear at the last. Still up against Juveniles so he really looks the best of the runners here. NH experience, 6 of 10 rivals only raced once with the other 4 unraced. Those who raced have a form of 563050. WIN

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb

220 Warwick : Elk Trial Was very impressed by this one at Catterick, pulling well clear, interesting the trainer said it would improve a lot for the run too but in this company it wouldnt need to. A short price fav but it looks a tricky day with a few that look good on paper but also with a few doubts about them so lets hope ive picked the right one to get me off a losing run.
Phew...looked well beaten by Stage Acclaim until it crumpled on landing at the 2nd last :ok...might watch out for Stage Acclaim next time out if it can improve it's jumping.

Phew...looked well beaten by Stage Acclaim until it crumpled on landing at the 2nd last :ok...might watch out for Stage Acclaim next time out if it can improve it's jumping.
didnt think the race was that good to be honest, think something might of spooked the winner @ the start, wasnt to hopeful to be honest, id only take the winner from the race and hope it settles better next time. nice pick though! Mike

price rised to 44/1 in-play .. shame that I took it only at 10/1 :lol:lol:lol:notworthy

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb 2.45 Sandown Royal Charm Think this horse has a good chance of winning, has had one jumps start in France where came 2nd in a listed race over 2m2f on heavy ground, the other 2 fancied horses in the market have something to prove (dont think either of them got 2m2f or 2m3f last time out) Thinking maybe Ruby will try make a test of stamina in this race. price currently around 2/1 at the moment seems more value than 6/4 offered this morning

2.45 Sandown Royal Charm Think this horse has a good chance of winning, has had one jumps start in France where came 2nd in a listed race over 2m2f on heavy ground, the other 2 fancied horses in the market have something to prove (dont think either of them got 2m2f or 2m3f last time out) Thinking maybe Ruby will try make a test of stamina in this race. price currently around 2/1 at the moment seems more value than 6/4 offered this morning
ok its 5/4 now :wall

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb 15:05 Southwell Le Petit Vigier - Came 2nd LTO after being held up to Just Five who is racing in this race. Just Five ran a good race that day but has been nailed in the weights about 15lbs! Don't think he'll be able to handle that at all. Le Petit Vigier ran decent LTO to him and is much better weighted. Should see this one going close at least with both trainer and jockey in form.

SportHorse Racing
Event3.45 MUSSELBURGH
SelectionNOIR ET VERT
Strength3PTS WIN
DateFRI 20TH FEB
Bookmaker/Price3/1 LADBROKES
Reasoning It is no secret that ferdy murphy has been waiting for the better ground to run this horse after only 2 runs last season in the spring months, it has so far been confined to only 2 runs this season, needed the run at cheltenham on re-appearance when fav back in october (Murphy horses always need a run) but came out to run there again in January on unsuitable ground to finish an eye catching 6th behind Rambling Minister, the winner franking the form by winning the big chase last week. I have no doubt that ferdy wants to pick up a Cheltenham race with this horse & i expect a decent showing from it today. Already has a c/d win here which is another plus.

3.20 Sandown: Gauvain A lot will depend with this one how it's confidence is after taking a nasty fall at Fontwell last time out when looking the likely winner. If none the worse for that encounter then could be the real value of the race. Finished 2nd in Sandown novice chase event in November when well beaten by Free World - has a heavy pull in the weights today with that one and definitely progressed on next attempt when very impressive winner at Lingfield. Being 11lbs better off with the favourite today and if able to continue the progression shown prior to fall LTO then could be in the mix when push comes to shove. Charlie Mann's only runner across the cards today and certainly in with a decent chance today IMO. Win
Brilliant winner mate:clap:clap

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb 8.20 Wolverhampton Carlton Scroop comes into this race in consistent form and I would be very disappointed if he couldn't run into the places at least. He did well to finish a neck second to short priced favourite Prince Charlemagne last time out and arrives in decent nick having made the frame on all of his last four starts. He picked up a Kempton handicap off a 9 lb lower mark in January, but he has been holding his form well since and even after a 3 lb rise here I fancy him to go well. Although his recent win came over shorter, for some time he has shaped as if a step up in trip would suit and indeed, his one-length second to Sir Liam at the end of last month showed he stays this far. He has course winning form and with an inform jockey on top I think he can go well off joint top-weight. 1 pt win

2.45 Sandown Royal Charm Think this horse has a good chance of winning, has had one jumps start in France where came 2nd in a listed race over 2m2f on heavy ground, the other 2 fancied horses in the market have something to prove (dont think either of them got 2m2f or 2m3f last time out) Thinking maybe Ruby will try make a test of stamina in this race. price currently around 2/1 at the moment seems more value than 6/4 offered this morning
Bet needs to be on 10 minutes before race time for it to count in the competition mate. Have a read of the rules and welcome to the comp.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Friday 20th Feb 8.20 Wolverhampton Conclave (9/1 SportingBet) - Not really shown on AW form but this surface might suit more than Southwell. Since last flat run, has had a hurdles campaign and has developed into a cracking hurdler. On that form, will go really close. Will be suited by the trip too, with most AW starts to date over shorter. Looks a great EW bet for this Irish raider. EW