** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Darts: PDC World Championship

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship 3 bets at least for me today: - Nicholson. It´s all said. 5 pts. for me - Baxter v.s. Kantele over 4,5 180ies 6 pts. @1/1 Ladbrokes Yesterday the Finn scored 2 180ies in 7 legs, is a solid, former successful WDF-Player. He can win 1 Set and/or 4-5 legs at least. In more than 13-14 legs the line is more than presumably, although Baxter isn´t the best 180-hitter. - VvdV v.s. Bezzeg over 4,5 180ies 5 pts. @4/6 Betfred If Bezzeg hits 1 180 or win a set, the rest will made VvdV alone... He is one of the best 180-hitter in the field but with no effective double-play.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Couple for me this afternoon. 10pts A.Gray to beat P.Nicholson 5/4 VC Paul Nicholson shot to prominence as the bad guy of the Grand Slam kopping a load of stick from the crowd for his walk on antics. He probably won't get that today given he's playing in the afternoon but you never know. On his 3 matches in the Grand Slam I wasn't overly impressed with him. He averaged over 90 against Darryl Fitton but he was outplayed in that match which could be why his average was so high because he averaged no higher than 87.11 for the rest of the tournament. Adrian Gray is nothing special really but he is fairly experienced on the big PDC stages. You think he's got no chance in matches but he hangs in there and then he'll take a big shot out. He's beaten Taylor on TV so the Geordie turned Aussie won't worry him and at odds against I'll go with the Sussex player to win this. 10pts J.van der Rassel to beat K.Shepherd 17/20 Boylesports Kirk Shepherd had a decent run in this last year but everything I've seen of him since he's been very poor. In the Grand Slam he was awful and to be fair he was never anything special in this tournament last year, capitalising on his opponents errors rather than outplay anyone. He made the final last year without averaging 90. van der Rassel is usually a consistent player and he's claimed some good scalps here in the past including Colin Lloyd last year. van der Rassel has been past the 1st round on two occasions which is a decent enough effort. I don't rate Shepherd and I've no idea how he made the final last year but I don't think he'll even make the 2nd round this year.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship van der Rassel got me out of the stook this afternoon after Gray was simply awful. If Nicholson can reproduce that form against Lewis it'll be an interesting match. I'm going with a couple tonight. 10pts M.Kantele (+1.5 sets) to beat R.Baxter Evs Stan James Marko Kantele was one of the most impressive preliminary round winners. He played really well against Ilagan averaging all but 90 having been averaging around the 93-94 mark for much of the match. He's played in BDO world championships in the past so he's not new to the TV scene which will help. Ronnie Baxter has had his fair share of troubles in the 1st round in this event in the past. He lost in this round to Ray Carver in 2006 and Adrian Gray in 2007 and was even taken the distance by Canadian Dan Olsen last year. Baxter's had a better year on the circuit this year but he's never truly reliable while the Finn looks steady and dependable and if he can keep his average around the 88-90 mark he should be good enough to take 2 sets here. 10pts C.Osbourne vs C.Losper - Over 5.5 180's 11/10 Stan James Initially I thought this line could be a little high but when I think about it it's well within reach. Colin Osbourne is a serial 180 hitter and Charles Losper is no stranger to the maximums. Both these men lost their 1st round matches last year yet Osbourne still hit 10 180's and Losper 4 so 6 is easily within reach here. I don't see his as being 3-0 to Osbourne either which will help the 180's as we'll have longer to get them in. Losper took a set off John Part last year which suggests he won't be a walkover tonight. Both are capable of hitting the 180's so I'll go over 5.5 in this match.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship ROUND TWO TIES. MARDLE 6/4 v THORNTON 8/15. the bookies have Bob as favourite here though i am not quite so convinced, granted Thornton was rather fortunate to edge out out wayne Jones, who played poorly and should have taken the Scot out, however Bob is still here and up against fans favourite Mardle, who seemed to be lacking confidence aginst Fatum but still made short work of the yank. i would be tempted to take Mardle at the above price, if he can find form he will give thornton a good gam one thing i think is a cert, this is going the distance. SULJOVIC 11/8 v DUDBRIDGE 4/7 the conquerer of manley now has a real chanec of progressing even further, ;ast year the austrian reached round two i believe he can go one better this time, Flash struggled against Fulwell in round one and the qualifier had chances to take him out and should have. for Dudbridge, seeded 20 he has to have a run here to prevent a further drop in the rankings, but the big Austrian whipped manley who will have tried every trick in the book ( and a few that aren't) and still could'nt overcome him, i am backing Mensur for this tie. LEWIS 1/2 v NICHOLSON 13/8 warning egos alert! this is a clash of two players lacking self confidence! seriously this should be tie of the round with two of the most impressive performers so far, Lewis given a slight scare agisnt Nicholson fellow countryman Russell Stewart, while Nicholson totally destroyed Ady Gray without dropping a leg, In earlier posts i have tipped the Aussie to go far here and so am going to back him against Lewis, i would expect the victor here to reach last 8 and from then the finish line is in sight, i would lkie to think this game will have plenty of maximums too.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship A plenty of bets for round 2 Kevin Mc Dine beats Dennis Smith 8 pt. I got an @1/2 at Sportingbet, but the odds dropped on actually 4/9 (without exchanges). Mc Dine without troubles against Alex Roy, he needn´t his best performance for the opponent. Dennis Smith, the man with the unbelievable throw, played against Jenkins with an average of 86- I think that´s his currently best. I expect a clear win of the Youngster- 8 pts. for me Stompe more 180ies @5/4 Betfred 2 pts. The Saint is the favourite in the game, but he isn´t the best 180-hitter. Odds on Stompe good, it´s worth a little sin. In the first round Tabern hits 2 maxima (in 12 legs) his opponent 4 (in 18 Legs). Mensur Suljovic beats Dudbridge @6/4 Skybet 4 pts. Mensur Suljovic more 180ies @13/8 Ladbrokes 2 pts. @Theoldmaster said in the post before nearly all important things- and my first thought was to risk a lot of Money on my Austrian countrymen. But there are circumstances by reason of I decided to stake only low-medium. Mensur is under pressure. If he wins this, it could be a solid Base for 2009- he wants to play the most of European PDC-Tournament. If he win this, he earns a publicity in the Austrian medias - a sponsorship is possible. If he lose, the financial base for the whole PDC-Tournament are poor and furthermore the GDC (German Dart Corporation) changed their rules, which penalise Austrian & Swiss Players. All other Austrian (excepting Schnier maybe) decided to return to the WDF/BDO (Pein & Burger for example). The GDC want to force Germans, not Austrians.... Another reason is the expectation of german-spoken Dart-community. First time in the career of Mensur the community don´t say "We hope you will win" but "You have to win it". Mensur is a sensible guy, the context isn´t to underestimate. The Flash weak in round 1 ok, but he will boost his performance. Edit: In Dinslaken (NED) edges Dudbridge Mensur in a close game. Thornton beats Mardle @8/13 Boylesports 6 pt. Here I disagree @theoldmaster, Mardle isn´t the best beginner & he will needs a lot of 100+ checkouts for overcome Thornton, who is the better scorer on all hazards. The so called "Mardle-Drift" will cost him a lot of points. Thornton the feared opponent of Hawaii 501 and is not likely to change in the near future. Ronnie Baxter beats D.Ovens @4/5 Sportingbet 10 pts. Sportingbet offers nearly a must, Ovens as a classical floorplayer misses a plenty of doubles, if he is under pressure. Last year he whitewashes poor Colin Monk in round 1 and lost against Vd Rassel in last 32. Baxter on main-stage better in all categories: Scoring approaching & finishing. For me "the" bet of last 32. I´m still waiting for an 180-line in the clash VvdV against Colin Osborne. It´s will be a battle of 180ies....

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship RODRIGUEZ 11/8 v PAINTER 4/7 will be cheering on the Spaniard here not a fan of Painter never have been, felt sorry for matt Clark in round one he should have won but painter started his finger licking stepping back and forth routine which i thought unsettled spiderman, rodriguez has been progressing in the PDC and i don't think Painter is good enough to be odds on if Painter goes behind early he is'nt the best of chasers and would really fancy carlos. SMITH 7/4 v MCDINE4/9 smiffy knows this could be his swansong at the world champs and while i don't think for one minute he can win it, he is capable of getting to next round, i like McDine, greAT to see young talent coming through though i worry about how he will handle Smiffys slow pace and over 7 sets i just wonder if the geordie will start to wilt smiffy is vastly experienced and for this reason i'd consider backing him. OSBORNE 8/11 v VAN DER VOORT evens, i was'nt aware of the wizards dismal record against Vinnie, and the figures suggest the dutchman should be a nail on cert, but his fast pace is a a problem for me while i like to watch fast players there is no doubt that osborne will try to slow the dutchman, who i see seems to sweat terribly under the lights, and with his quick style this could mean darts slipping from his hand, i think Osborne knows he needs a good run here to see him move on from a potentially good player to a proven good player, just feel that osbornes style stands up to pressure better than VDV. there are 4 games i feel are a toss of the coin to pick a winner, two in particluar KING 5/6 v WALSH 5/6 BAXTER 4/6 v OVENS 11/10 as the prices show these are too close to call, I have tipped King for semis, though i know that walsh is a very good player whom is equally as capable, the one thing i would say is the winner of this one i would expect to win this quarter and reach last 4. the rocket, ovens match up is another toss up both excellent floor players who have never fullfilled thier potential on stage, both can score well 140s in particlular will be high in this game, and both miss more doubles than they should, and this would suggest that breaks od throw could be quite high here, i'm not going near this one too close to call. the other two, DAVIS 6/4 v BATES 8/15 , i cant see where the bookies get this prices from, Davis puts out the holder Part who had a 180s fest in the second set that Davis won, and Bates who is more injury ravaged the Harry Kewell, Bates was starting to look like a player of some pedigree before his problems, but has struggled of late, Davis was ranked number one in the USA rankings beating the likes od Mawson, Kuzynski, Young, Carver these four are no mugs, but while i would come down the side of the Yank i'm not touching this either. also PRIESTLEY 4/7 v MAGOWAN 11/8 zimmers at war! while mr magoo took out an out of sorts ( would like to describe it as anythng else, could be controversial) Mason with little resilience, he knows the manace will be a totally differnt proposition, and i normally would suggest dennis. however dennis treatment has left him drained and we don't know how he will hold up in a war of attrition that this is sure to be, that would be my only niggling doubt here. looking forward to some close games , and the quarter finals which i think will see much more cut and dried games i'm going for my final four being TAYLOR v KING and HAMILTON v WADE.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship +0.4pts after an up and down 1st round. I'm going with 2 tomorrow. 10pts K.Painter (-1.5 sets) to beat C.Rodriguez 6/5 Coral Kevin Painter struggled bigtime in the 1st round but Matt Clark is a decent darts player so that was no bad thing. Carlos Rodriguez struggled a bit too against Roland Scholten but made it through fairly comfortably. He'll have to up his game though but I'm not convinced he will. As far as I can tell this will be the longest match he's played and he takes on a seasoned player who has a habit of getting better by the game in the big tournaments. Painter still played well in his 1st game, hitting 7 180's. He's always a heavy scorer and if his doubles are on form then I expect him to win this well. 4-2 is a winner for us and I don't see Painter winning any worse than that. 10pts M.Suljovic to beat M.Dudbridge 6/4 Skybet Having opposed Suljovic in the 1st round I'm going to go with him here. I thought he played really well against Manley and beat him easier than the scoreline suggested. He averaged over 91 and hit 3 180's as well as countless 140's and the odd high finish. Dudbridge struggled to see off Nick Fulwell in the 1st round and he'll have to improve his game to beat the Austrian here as long as Suljovic brings his A game to the party. Dudbridge can go through patches where he doesn't score and that's where Suljovic can take advantage. Despite his weird throwing action he scores quite well and I think he can take this one at a fairly nice price.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship

My bet for saturday afternoon session £150 double Mc Dine to beat Smith @ 2/5 Painter to beat rodriguez @ 8/15 returns = £322 good luck all :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope
BAB, posts like that are no use to anybody. Please give reasoning behind your picks and also drop the cash amounts as £150 may or may not be much to you but it could be to others however either way nobody knows how strongly you like your bet. Cheers :ok

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Mardle v Thornton for me Mardle has the class and should be able to handle this match and at odds of 2.66 Betfair has to be taken by me. Stompe as been sayed in other threads on the net hes worth a punt and 2.72 Betfair is nice ,we hope :hope:hope:hope Sorry guys for not putting up a written thread i will in future sorry for this :$:$:$:$ PS,Iam new to this sport so just finding my way,but it is great viewing.:clap

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Good first round for me and ended up +32.06. McDine -1.5 sets 10/11 boy 10 pts McDine might not find Smith the easiest player to play against, very few do but that is my principle concern for this game as in short I believe McDine has too much for him. McDine has shown what he can do on the TV stage at the GSOD and Matchplay and quite simply the level of performances he showed at those events I believe will be too strong for Smith. Smith has a good Tv record in the past but he is never the most natural and has to fight for workmanlike wins instead, his average generally mid to high 80s, sometimes in the very low 90s and whilst that kind of standard is solid, McDine anywhere near his best should cope with that. McDine to win this for me and with a bit to spare. Painter v Rodriguez over 8.5 180s 5/6 betfr 10 pts Actually the 5/6 is offered for over 9.5 180s with other firms here and at the same price. In short both of these are capable of 180s, Painter well known 180 hitter and he hit 7 in his first game and Carlos who hit 4 in his first game so these two would have covered this bet in just 5 sets in their first round wins. Given how this could well be tight and possibly a 4-2,4-3 either way there should be plenty of time for these two to bring in the 180s, indeed Painter at his best can cover this in the match on his own. Thronton -1.5 sets evens var 10 pts Think Thornton will take Mardle here. The Scot has been by far the better player of the two this year on the tour in terms of results and performances. Even in the first round here, he missed loads of doubles and yet still won with a 93+ average, something Mardle couldnt get close to in his first game. Thornton for me can outscore Mardle here and whilst Mardle at his best is a heavy scorer, he hasnt shown it for a while. My only concern here would be if Thornton messes up on his doubles again but as long as he remains solid enough in that department, I think he has too much for Mardle who for me hasnt played that well this year. Even in the Matchplay when he got to the semis his performances were average there and he has to up his performance tonight otherwise a win for the Scot for me and it could be with some comfort.

please go away lol who are you to tell me to go away, its a free forum. it was a great bet, shame McLez bottled it, my bet for tomorrow is £200 double klassen to beat Van Der Rassel @2/7 King to beat Walsh @4/6 :notworthy
You've been asked before!!!! Either put some reasoning or post will be removed. :ok

why do i need to put resoning? im telling what i have bet, im not givign advis am i. klassen is good and fast, VDR isnt king is good and strong, walsh is'nt that ok mate?
Because no-one gives a shit what you've bet:ok I'm just gutted you've backed King, as I have him for the quarter:sad

why do i need to put resoning? im telling what i have bet, im not givign advis am i. klassen is good and fast, VDR isnt king is good and strong, walsh is'nt that ok mate?
would be a great forum if we all stated what we had bet and gave no reasoning (that was above the standard of the average 3 year old). :\ Have a look around the forum before you get too defensive - the respected posters put effort into their posts and reasoning which can then open up discussion. No matter what your own opinion, there will always be people with differing opinions - but it is those differing opinions that can give you info you may not already have. :ok