** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Darts: PDC World Championship

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship +2.40 now after Painter covered the handicap so easily. Tabern winning would have secured an ew 1st quarter payout but as it is I'm relying on Mardle to secure me that. I'm going with 3 for Sunday. 10pts M.Walsh to beat M.King 6/5 Sportingbet This looks a pickem match in every sense of the word to me. Mark Walsh is possibly scoring the heavier of the two though but you never beat Mervyn King easily. Certainly in the 1st round Mark Walsh was the most impressive but you can't really read too much into that because King would probably have beaten the Chinese guy with only 2 darts. However King will need to step up on that and I'm never entirely sure he's an afternoon player. Walsh was pushed all the way by Caven in round 1 and sometimes that can be a good thing. I expect Walsh's heavier scoring to give him more chances and he doesn't miss too many doubles. This could easily go the whole way but that in itself makes Walsh value and with the experience of going the distance in the 1st round I'll take Walshie to win another close match. 10pts D.Ovens to beat R.Baxter 6/5 Stan James Denis Ovens seems to have suddenly learnt how to play on TV. He did nothing wrong in the European Championship or the Grand Slam and beat a couple of decent players in those tournaments in Hamilton and Lewis. You never really know what you're going to get with Ronnie Baxter but I don't think he has the game anymore to completely blow Ovens away. Ovens is steady and consistent but when he gets going he scores heavily. Baxter is often prone to missing doubles which makes me lean towards Ovens in another game which I wouldn't be surprised were it to go the distance. 10pts B.Davis to beat B.Bates 6/4 William Hill Bill Davis was excellent in beating John Part and there were times in that game when the defending champion threw everything at him. Davis averaged 90 and scored very well in the match. Barrie Bates is never the heaviest scorer. At best he's a steady, unflappable throw but if this American isn't confident after beating the world champ he never will be. He won't be worried by Bates, generally the American's have decent temperaments and Davis has a solid game to give him belief. This is another game which could have plenty of legs in it but if Davis brings the same game to the party which he brought on the opening night of the event I think he'll win this one.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Two bets today 1st up T Ayres having won his 1st round v A Smith today he takes on Andy Hamilton who by all accounts was in great form 1st round tie winning 3-0,Ayres is a shot in the dark bet ,he is 6.50 at the mo at Ladbrokes but should be higher at Betfair so will wait until about 1pm ish or maybe lay Hamilton for 10pts at 1.14 Betfair all said and done the odds are to good to pass over as anything can and will happen. 2nd bet M Walsh v M King for me there is not much in this match and i side with Walsh at good odds of 2.26 Betfair.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship A few selections today. Davis 6/4 sj 10 pts Fancy Davis here. Davis played well in the first round to beat the defending champ. and it was not as if Part played badly in that match either. Bates in contrast was very mediocre once again on tv, he got away with it because Felix was very poor as well. His game really has struggled since he has had his foot problems and he has never recovered. If Davis can repeat his form of the opening night I believe he will be too strong for Bates. Baxter 3/4 spo 10 pts Should be a good match here between Baxter and Ovens. Arguably there is not too much between them and hence one could say there is some value in the outsider but I just give an edge to Baxter. Ovens has such a history now of never consistently producing his best on tv in an event match after match. He will play well for one match and then ordinary the next. Baxter I thought played well in his first game against an opponent who was hitting countless huge checkouts that could easily have knocked Baxter out. However the rocket stayed strong and finished the match well, more impressively than Ovens in his first round round game and I just give a slight edge to Baxter. Hamilton 4-0 3/1 sky 5 pts and 4-1 5/2 var 5 pts Taking both these options as it works out better than doing -2.5 sets. Slightly annoyed that I missed out on teh huge 7/2 for the 4-0 though. Essentially Hamilton is in great form as I have pointed out earlier. He is scoring very impressively and consistently and he showed that once again to beat Barnard 3-0 in round 1 and it wasnt as if Barnard played badly, he averaged 93+ and lost 3-0. Ayres did me a favour when winning at 7/4 in round 1 but its a completely different kind of game here. He will need to up his game considerably to cope with Hamilton's coring or rely on Hamilton to have a major off day, cant see it myself, an easy Hamilton win for me. King 4/5 4/5 extr 10 pts and over 11.5 180s 10/11 bluesq 10 pts Two bets for this one which could be a bit dangerous but going for it anyway. Basically there is not that much between these two, for me though the slight preference does have to go with the classier King. King has had such a good year, well both have in fact but King just that little bit more in the majors like the big time major player suggests he is. In round 1 both played well, King in a nothing match had the slightly higher average and Walsh played well too in a good game against Caven. However King is a step up again from Caven and Walsh needs to try and take his game up a level to cope for me, hence I just give preference to King for the match. The 180s were covered hugely in some matches yesterday notably the Mardle game and could well be on again, 12 180s seems a few but given how this one does seem to look at least on paper as being a tight game ie. 4-2,4-3 there should be 6+ sets and hence 180s could come into it. Both are big 180 hitters, Walsh in round 1 hit 8 and whilst King 'only' hit 1 in 9 legs in his first game, he can be a big 180 hitter himself especially when he gets his fiurst dart right. 12 180s seems a few but Mardle/Thornton wacked 20 in their match and something similar could happen here.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Awful day for me on Sunday although there was a stage where both Davis and Walsh were looking good but not to be. Hopefully I can respond on Monday. I'm going with 4 bets. 10pts A.Lewis vs P.Nicholson - Over 9.5 180's 8/11 Betfred Adrian Lewis hit 8 180's in his 1st round win over Russell Stewart. Paul Nicholson didn't hit a single 180 in beating Adrian Gray but he wasn't out there too long. He did hit 14 140's in the 9 legs he played though and some of those can easily become 180's here. As ever when I take overs in 180 markets I'm looking for time to get the 180's and Nicholson's performance against Gray was good enough to suggest he won't get rolled over here. In fact I can see this being 4-2 or 4-3 either way and with Lewis scoring maximums like he does 6 sets could be enough for him to get 10 180's on his own. I'm certain Nicholson is going to compete in the 180 hitting here so the overs looks a good thing. 10pts C.Osborne to beat V.van der Voort 10/11 Stan James Bookies might have this as a pickem match but I think Osborne should be favourite. He's more consistent that van der Voort in almost all parts of the game. He's a big scorer and hits doubles fairly well on the whole while van der Voort being a quick thrower can lose his way a little bit. I don't think this will be one sided but I'd rather be on the guy in control of himself like Osborne is than one who does things as quick as the Dutchman does. I know van der Voort beat Colin Osborne on the way to the final of the UK Open last year but I think Osborne will be more consistent over this longer distance and will win this one. 10pts P.Taylor vs K.Painter - Over 9.5 180's 8/11 Stan James Both these guys hit lots of 180's when they are on form and I've a feeling Taylor will be looking for the 9 dart in this match so I suspect he'll concentrate more on 180's. He also won't pass up the chance to give Painter a good hiding after the history these two have had. I don't know how much Painter will compete in this match but he's a natural 180 hitter and I'm pretty certain he'll score a few in this match. I actually think Painter is playing well enough to take at least a set of The Power and 5 sets should be enough to see us up to 10 180's. If Taylor really turns it on in a 4-0 win then we could still get enough 180's so I'll go with the overs here. 10pts M.Dudbridge (-1.5 sets) to beat B.Bates Evs Stan James Mark Dudbridge probably played one of his best matches since he made the final of this event when he beat Mensur Suljovic in the last round. He averaged nearly 97 in that match and a repeat of that or even slightly less than that should be enough here. You very rarely see Barrie Bates averaging in the mid 90's so if Dudbridge can get there again he should win this comfortably. Barrie Bates beat Bill Davis fairly comfortably in the end but he hit 6 ton plus checkouts in that match and it's not very often you see them hit as regularly so I don't think he'll be able to rely on high checkouts to keep him in the hunt. I don't think he's a heavy enough scorer to live with Dudbridge who is usually pretty solid on his doubles so I think Flash will win this no worse than 4-2.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Mixed round this one so far but two picks tomorrow. I already have Dudbridge for the last match later today at effectively 10/1 as the 20/1 quarter bet was e.w. Nicholson 13/8 cor 10 pts Was so impressed with the Aussie/Geordie in round 1. I knew he could play having seen him in the GSOD and indeed fancied him to beat Gray but not in the style he did. He didnt even lose a leg, nor give Gray that many chances to win a leg such was Nicholson's scoring. He averaged over 96+ and for much of the game was averaging even more. If he performs like that today then he could cause Lewis real problems. We all know what Lewis is like, one minute amazing and the next minute average and his lack of consistency is a problem that has continued to haunt him all throughout his career. In round 1 it was there once again. He started off great, hit loads of 180s, pretty good on his doubles in the main too, yet he just totally went of it and in the end he was fortunate Stewart missed his chances to extend the game. The fact his average went from over 100 in the early part of that game to 86 says a lot. Surely he cant afford to repeat that against Nicholson here and even if he doesnt, Nicholson appears to have the game to push Lewis and quite possibly beat him. Osborne 10/11 var 10 pts Going for one of my outrights here. Osborne played good darts in his first round game especially after a slowish first couple of legs. In Losper he was playing a player who is not a mug unlike other international players, yet he remained strong to beat him, hitting a few 180s in the process and some nice checkouts as well. The one possible downside here to this game is Osborne's terrible record against VDV. For some reason, Osborne has really struggled to get results against VDV. His record reads as just 3 wins fron 12 matches and thats even worse when its considered Osborne won 2 of the first 3 matches between the pair. However records like that are here to be changed and given Osborne's form which he showed in his first game and he has all year to be fair as shown by 3 tour wins, he might just show greater consistency to get a victory over VDV here who can be erratic.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship ROUND THREE PART ONE/ TAYLOR 1/16 v 7/1 PAINTER the odds look about right for this one, there is no great love lost here and i reckon the power will want to give Painter another lesson, a i agree with the earlier 180s tip and hev that bet on, as for sets im'm going for 4-1 for Taylor here. MARDLE 8/11v STOMPE,evens the crowd will get right behind mardle in this one though hopefully not as unsportsmanly as they did in the thornton game, this is a big step up for Stompe, and to get this far he will have been delighted while both are throwing well i just reckon this could be far enough for stompe. and a 4-2 win for mardle would be my bet here. SMITH 10/3 v KING 1/5 as i have mentioned before i have merv for the semis, and i see no reason to shift from that, his finishing against walsh was superb, and he undoubtedly has far more scoring power than dennis i can see King making short work of Smiffy with 4-1 scoreline. BATES 13/8 v DUDBRIDGE 4/9 bates will be chuffed to bits he has made it to last 16 but know that Flash could be the man to halt his run, Flash was excellent against Suljovic and showed signs of the form he had in the year he was runner up, and he could even afford to have 5 points less on his last avg and still win so i'm taking him to win 4-1 or 4-0.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship

hi there i dont really know much about these stats about 180s and that but can someone help me with this match Dennis Priestley v John Magowan to get over 8.5 180s is at evens on paddy but when u look at the other games they got over 11.5 and some even 12.5 some info would help thanks
glad i took this , but the match is so so slow , its like watching snails race lol ah well the game is still going and my bet is a winner :ok

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship I watched Taylor destroy Van Gerwen the other night and I can see a similar scenario here. I can't touch the 1-14 for the win outright but I've taken the 11-8 for a 4-0 whitewash. I was going to go for Taylor to get more 180's but I can't find stats from earlier rounds etc anywhere that might support this. Tried the PDC site and Sky Sports. Where do the rest of you darts fans get all your stats from? I think it's Taylors year and can see him getting through tonight without dropping a set. Suggested Bet: 10 PTS Taylor to win 4-0, 11/8 Bet365

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship

I watched Taylor destroy Van Gerwen the other night and I can see a similar scenario here. I can't touch the 1-14 for the win outright but I've taken the 11-8 for a 4-0 whitewash. I was going to go for Taylor to get more 180's but I can't find stats from earlier rounds etc anywhere that might support this. Tried the PDC site and Sky Sports. Where do the rest of you darts fans get all your stats from? I think it's Taylors year and can see him getting through tonight without dropping a set. Suggested Bet: 10 PTS Taylor to win 4-0, 11/8 Bet365
The Stats of all televised Tournaments are on the PDC-Site. I know the Navigation isn´t the best. It was a good Monday, for tommorrow I prefer a Accu: Barney & King scores more 180s. @1,8 Victor Chandler 10 pts. Barney isn´t the best 180s hitter of the circuit but behind Lewis VvdV maybe hamilton the Nr. 4 or 5 of the PDC. Baxter only ordinary as an 180s hitter. King isn´t the best Hitter too, but the opponent Smith the worst in this discipline of the remaining players. I think that should be quite sure. I´ll have a look for the prices for the best 180s hitter of day 9 on Stan James. Yesterday it was Lewis (@9/2) today my favourites are Hamilton & Klaasen because Barneys game will maybe very short.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship That Dudbridge performance was so annoying. Ruined what looked a certain profitable day after both 180 bets come in. So annoying that the only time he performed better than crap was when I took him on :wall. Nothing for me tomorrow afternoon as Priestley and Mardle are looking to secure ew payouts for me so I'm happy enough with that. Will come back with some for tomorrow night once all the markets are up.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship NICHOLSON 4/7 v PRIESTLEY 5/4 if the aussie thought his opponent had the crowd against him yesterday, he'd better brace himself! this won't worry this lad i honestlt think he thrives on it this could be the toughest game he has had yet, den will grind it out but on the back of yesterday is dennis well enough recovered i'm not so sure, As you all know i've been raving about Nicholson for a while, he has the complete package, can't see any weakness, many would have wilted after wasting 5 match darts as he did against Lewis, i'm taking the 4-2 scoreline here. then the winner here has wade or VDV in qtrs, but for now we will have Nicholson as above. also look at taking a high checkout for this Nicholson had numerous pressure thre figure ones against Lewis , and Dennis is a master at them

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship @Theoldmaster To bet on the highest checkout in Nicholson/Priestley is a really good idea and the lines aren´t so bad: My choice is the +123,5 @5/6 skybet 5 pts. The line of Ladbrokes (121,5) has got only 4/6, the other lines are higher, the prices worse. Vincent van der Voort more 180s 6/5 Sportingbet 5pts. The dutch is a shot worth. My first thought was an over, but the lines are too high.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Really frustrating day yesterday. Started off well with Nicholson winning but then I lost 2 of my outrights and both of whom were previously looking good for at least their respective quarter bets at least. Osborne continued his curse against Voort in what was a good game which is a shame because I could have seen him beating Wade in truth. Dudbridge even more frustrating. The 20/1 e.w quarter bet which I maintain was too big looked good when Part, Manley and Jenkins all went out and Dudbridge looked to be playing proper darts after his last match, only to put up a no show last night. Anyway thats the way it goes and back now to -2.85 now. Mardle 10/11 var 10 pts Mardle completely turned around his form in his last game. He hasnt been playing that well this year but suddenly he turned it on against Thornton and he had too. A brilliant match that one and Mardle scored so highly. He hit 10 180s and looked like the Mardle of a couple of years ago when he was a massive 180 hitter, something he hasnt done too much of for a while. The other impressive thing was the way Mardle managed to win yet another tight match, something he has done a lot of at the worlds. Last year he won I think matches in the last set when he reached the semi and indeed he has a top record in the worlds with 5 semis. Even at the Matchplay this year, when he wasnt playing that well, he won 3 tight matches on route to the semi so Mardle has a history of winning these tight games. It will be tough today and also tight onew oudl think against Stompe who has found real form the last month. He won the german event and has played well in both his games here. However mardle should have loads of momentum after his last agme and I think he can win another tight game here at the worlds. Hamilton 8/11 var 10 pts My only outright left so this could go wrong but my last chance to get Hamilton before I just leave him with outrights already in place. Hamilton didnt play that well in his last game but to be fair to him, he was better after the first set and at least showed typical fighting qualities to win, the 170 was a massive pressure shot in that game. Klaasen has returned to form this week and has been most impressive so far, indeed he hasnt dropped a set yet. However Hamilton is the type of player at his best who I can see grinding Klaasen into the ground and possibly just being that bit too much consistent for him. He also is a step up from what he has faced so far. Should be a good game but going to go for Hamilton to win it. Voort most 180s 6/5 spo 10 pts Considered the outright win but with voort the chances are so easily that he turns in a great performance one day and a poor one the next so going for him on the most 180s which is a safer option for me. Even when Voort has one of his poorer days he normally is good for a few 180s. Voort is a massive 180 hitter arguably one of the bigger ones in the game and ahead of Wade in that department imo. Looking at the stats so far in this event, Voort has hit two more 180s than Wade and played 4 legs less so from that perspective voort is favoured. Im not quite sure about Wade in this event either. He just seems unable to play well in it and whilst Wade can really increase his performances when it gets to the business end of events, Im not sure it will happen atm, Voort the pick on the 180 line here.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Just going to do one more: Smith v King under 7.5 180s 4/5 pp 10 pts. Simply put these two are not the greatest 180 hitters around. King is the bigger 180 hitter of the two and certainly can be a big 180 hitter although he hasnt shown it so far with just 3 in the event. Smith is more of a 100,140 man. He rarely hits 180s and indeed has hit just 1 180 in 11 sets so far in this event which is very low. Also its the kind of match which I can see be relatively short if King gets going, I think he will have too much for Smith and hence ther should be less time to 180s. So even though the 180 line is low, it may well be the unders are a real option here.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Going with 2 for tonight. 10pts A.Hamilton vs J.Klaasen - Over 12.5 180's 5/6 Stan James Andy Hamilton is a 180 machine at the minute and Jelle Klaasen is probably playing his best darts since he won the Lakeside world championship. He's hitting a lot of 180's too which is obviously a good thing for this bet. I've got a feeling this could be the match of the round and could well go all the way. Obviously should that happen then these 12.5 line doesn't look high enough. This match is at night which generally as a rule tends to produce more 180's than night matches and with both players in very good form I'll take the overs here. 10pts V.van der Voort to beat J.Wade 13/8 Sportingbet I've backed James Wade outright so in a way I can't lose here but I've already long since written that outright bet off because Wade has shown nothing this week while the likes of Barney, Hamilton and Nicholson have all looked good. As has Vincent van der Voort. He saw off a decent enough looking Hungarian in round 1 with minimum fuss and then did a job on Colin Osborne yesterday. He's scoring really well and so far this week he's hit his doubles. Wade has done just enough to win his matches without ever playing anything like he can. Of course he can change that immediately but the evidence so far is he's struggling with his game. Van der Voort isn't so I'll take the big Dutchman to win this.