** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow I watched some of the racing this afternoon and was impressed with Shoreacres so I've just had £5 each way at 33-1 for the Supreme Novices Hurdle with Bet365. It pulled clear and still looked full of running which it will need to be up that Cheltenham hill. Not got cash in my betfair account at the moment so not sure what it's available at on there. I was not too impressed with Companero in the 1st at Carlisle, gallops relentlessly but nothing special in my eyes. Tidal Bay was very good, i'll be following that and getting on ante post when I know what race they are aiming at.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow NEPTUNE COLLONGES is set to take the place of Denman in the Lexus Chase at Leopardstown over the Christmas period. Denman has suffered an interruption to his schedule and will not return to the track until February. Paul Nicholls will instead deploy the grey, third behind Denman and Kauto Star in the Cheltenham Gold Cup, in the Lexus. Owner John Hales said: "I've never lost in Ireland, with Neptune Collonges winning before and now Noland winning at Down Royal. I am planning to be back on December 28, when Neptune will run." Hmmmmm ... Denman out till February. I am starting to worry for the gold cup :(

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow Paddy Power Gold Cup Nicholls has a very strong hand in the race & will be desperate to land a big prize early on in the season. Is Silverburn is sitting at 4/1 fav, I cannot see why OSLOT is trading at 20's. Distance wise I would favour Oslot which has proved it will stay whereas Silverburn hasnt. Oslot came to win the Old Roan chase at Aintree 2 weeks ago & if that race hasnt taken much out of him, can go close on a track where it was only beaten a hd over an inadequate 2m distance. If it stands its ground, Oslot would be a god ew choice. Hopefully Sam Thomas would get the ride if Ruby chooses another Nicholls horse. The Ryanair at the festival could be the horses ultimate target this season?

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow Hennessey Gold Cup The 119.0 at Betfair for Star De Mohaison to win this is too big to miss. I really have no idea of Nicholls plans for the horse this season but we do know the animal is top class & at only 7 is the right age to win this race. It has the ability to do so & will stay the distance. I really hope it takes its chance in the race on a track that will suit. Of the other nicholls runners, Dear Villez would be my choice after an impressive win 1st time up in Ireland. Its around 12/1 mark. Not sure when the weights are published for the race but that may have an impact also. I have managed the winner the last 2 years ante post so will put up a final choice after the weights.

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow

Paddy Power Gold Cup Nicholls has a very strong hand in the race & will be desperate to land a big prize early on in the season. Is Silverburn is sitting at 4/1 fav, I cannot see why OSLOT is trading at 20's. Distance wise I would favour Oslot which has proved it will stay whereas Silverburn hasnt. Oslot came to win the Old Roan chase at Aintree 2 weeks ago & if that race hasnt taken much out of him, can go close on a track where it was only beaten a hd over an inadequate 2m distance. If it stands its ground, Oslot would be a god ew choice. Hopefully Sam Thomas would get the ride if Ruby chooses another Nicholls horse. The Ryanair at the festival could be the horses ultimate target this season?
Just took 130.0 on Oslot :eek which probably indicates it wont run but for small stakes worth a risk. It will go off 12/1 if it runs!

Taken Free World for the Arkle next year before he runs today. Excellent horse in France, and I trust this horse will be one to keep on the right side of this season. :ok
After watching him today I would of thought he wouldn't be suited for cheltenham the way he runs.

After watching him today I would of thought he wouldn't be suited for cheltenham the way he runs.
Not sure they will go for the Arkle at all. But it was a good win/lay opportunity. I had a lay at 10s matched :eek Now I can back 20s at Paddy. I think Tatenen is the real deal, sorry Stew :tongue2

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow Im not too bothered to be honest. Small, small stakes at decent prices. Sitting on 29/1 Breedsbreeze (R&SA) and (Arkle unlikely) And also 29/1 for Free World (Arkle) Both are now nearer 10/1, so I have got the prices win or lose. Think Free World will really improve this season. :ok

Think Free World will really improve this season. :ok
My old man knows Clive Smith so will get the owners report on here sooner or later:ok. Hopefully will know his target also, remember he had Master minded last year & at this stage was still an unknown!

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow I thought Free World looked special today, sprang heeled over most of the fences, handled the railway fences well and looked like he had plenty more in the tank... Where does Clive Smith get these horses from...?

I thought Free World looked special today' date=' sprang heeled over most of the fences, handled the railway fences well and looked like he had plenty more in the tank... Where does Clive Smith get these horses from...?[/quote'] i think he keeps that to himself!! Dont think everything he touches turns to gold, he had a bad time with Martin Pipe a few years back after making some hefty purchases - Captain Jack & Rainbow Frontier to name but 2. He moved his horses to Paul Nichols including Royal Auclair & hasnt looked back since, a gold cup, a champion chase & a placed horse in the Grand National! I know he likes Free World but still not sure where this one will go next.

Somebody knows something about the horse named Or Noir De Somoza? I see it is in the Gold Cup market and has outstanding record of wins in France. Of course beating Denman' date=' Kauto and co. is a tough taks, but if somebody knows something about it and the plans of the trainer it could be usefull :ok[/quote'] Looks impressive Mileni 18 Races 13 Wins 2 placed efforts seems to like 2m 4f - 2m 6f could be worth following.

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow Hope they go for the RSA, but I also went o him at 25/1 :ok The other bet is to place a wager at 1.90 with the stake and if he wins you can then place two times higher bet at probably two times lower price :lol

The other bet is to place a wager at 1.90 with the stake and if he wins you can then place two times higher bet at probably two times lower price :lol
That was actually a better bet. Evens and then 16s at Lads :)

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow Hennessy Looked at the race on a number of occasions & was thinking about Denman's demolition job last year & what could do the same job in this years race. Paul Nicholls is talking up Big Buck's who at 9/2 Paddy Power looks to have an outstanding chance if it can reproduce its run when stuffing allcomers at Aintree on its final appearance last term. It has also ran 3 times at Newbury winning 2 & 2nd once. It also likes any ground which is a major plus. I will put this up as my main bet - BIG BUCK'S 9/2 Paddy Power I've still got a big price on Star De Mohaison which i would love to see run.

Somebody knows something about the horse named Or Noir De Somoza? I see it is in the Gold Cup market and has outstanding record of wins in France. Of course beating Denman' date=' Kauto and co. is a tough taks, but if somebody knows something about it and the plans of the trainer it could be usefull :ok[/quote'] Apparently this one is with Pipe now :loon He doesn't know where he'll go and what distance to aim him at, but he can definitely be one to follow this season. His winning in france is upto 2m6f on heavy ground, so he could be a stayer. Had a nibble at 130s for the gold cup :ok

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow Iv looked at I'msingingtheblues for The Arkle.He was out for Walsh the other sunday and jumped amazingly, currently 14/1 on skybet and I think he is due to be out Wedneday 12th November at Kempton in the 2.50. Good chance to watch him for yourselfs.

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow Paul Nicholls has many for the Arkle, but he was talking about Chapoturgeon as Arkle prospect even before he was yet to run in Britain. Showed he has class winning 2 hurdles and has lots of scope to be another exciting chasing prospect for the powerful yard. I had a nibble at 75 at Betfair just in case. Should win today and the price could be shrewd ;)

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow I was just reading a thing on Attheraces saying that the PP Gold Cup is usually won by one of the first four in the betting. I remember last year though, Granit Jack was heralded as the next big thing, all the hype on the morning of the race surrounded him and he was sent off short-price favourite in the end. He was going well for most of the time but fell at the end, hit the deck, out came the shields and two minutes later he had two bullets in the back of his head. Game over. With that in mind I've gone for two big outsiders again this year. Il Duce finished a neck second last year which was so frustrating as I backed it on the nose at 40/1. he goes really well at Cheltenham though, so he's in my ten to follow and I've backed him at 70/1 last night on Betfair for this years race. Mister McGoldrick is probably weighted up to the hilt but he caused an upset at Cheltenham last year and is one I follow at Wetherby. I backed him at 75/1, both bets are only to £2 stakes, and will now just need to get the place bets matched.

Paul Nicholls has many for the Arkle' date=' but he was talking about [b']Chapoturgeon as Arkle prospect even before he was yet to run in Britain. Showed he has class winning 2 hurdles and has lots of scope to be another exciting chasing prospect for the powerful yard. I had a nibble at 75 at Betfair just in case. Should win today and the price could be shrewd ;)
Jumped very well, but fell 3 out. Still it was an encouraging display and I managed to lay my 20 quid at 27, so a nice free bet for me. If he runs coming March and wins it, I'll be 1000 richer :)

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow Does anyone know which of the King runners Choc is likely to ride in the Paddy Power Gold Cup? King has got Ouzbeck and Il Duce left in, but Choc is a regular on both. Ouzbeck seems the more progressive of the pair but Il Duce came agonisingly close in this race last year. Both go well at Cheltenham. I've backed both ante-post but want a little bit more on whichever one Choc choses, before the prices go on Betfair.

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow Royal & Sun Alliance Chase Herecomesthetruth - Took 40 at Betfair, because he runs tommorrow and will probably be a favorite. If he wins he'll be far shorter. I find it very interesting that Denman ran in the same race in 2006 and then went on to win the RSA chase easily. Herecomesthetruth beat three previous chase winners lto over 3m at Chepstow and clearly stays and has ability. WOn two hurdle races as well. The owners are the same as Denman's and the RSA should really be the target. Of course Kicks For Free and Breedsbreeze are strong candidates for the yard too, but I'm still not sure the latter will like Cheltenham and I strongly believe he won't stay 3m there. I expect Herecomesthetruth to win tomorrow and I'm taking the pice now wich a chance to lay tomorrow.

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow Was it just me impressed with the way Araldur won yesterday? There aren't many King 2 milers and I won't be surprised if this one turns out to be a decent horse. Taken from France just like Voy Por Ustedes ;) I did a bit of research on yesterday's race. Here's what I have .. Voy Por Ustedes 2005 winner - 3m 58.10s on good (weight 10-10) Jack The Giant 2006 winner - 4m 1.40s on good (weight 11-1) Marodima 2007 winner - 3m 53.90s on good (weight 10-10) Araldur 2008 winner- 3m 59.50s on soft!! (weight 11-4!!!!) That time off that weight and on soft ground reads very well to me, especially the way he had to dictate the pace and be infront most of the time. Voy Por went on to win the Arkle that year. I know improvement is needed to be an Arkle prospect, but I can't see any other King 2 milers to be honest. Any thoughts?

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow I missed that race Mileni, I'll keep out eye out for that one next time. I think times can often be misleading though. Take the times of Captain Cee Bee and Binocular in The supreme Novices last year which were quicker than The Champion Hurdle. If you go by that and Binocular's trained on he looks a shoe in this year.

I missed that race Mileni' date=' I'll keep out eye out for that one next time. I think times can often be misleading though. Take the times of Captain Cee Bee and Binocular in The supreme Novices last year which were quicker than The Champion Hurdle. If you go by that and Binocular's trained on he looks a shoe in this year.[/quote'] Or Snap Tie ;)

Re: Jumps Season 08/09 - Antepost Bets & Horses To Follow Sorry for the after eventing. Didn't have time to post before the race. Took 33/1 for Massinis Maguire and glad to see him back. All bookies go 16/1 and 20/1, but Tote still have 25/1 which is value. He likes Cheltenham and trainer always thought of him as a pontential top chaser. He also had an injury and remains lightly raced. Has the potential to improve a lot over fences. These will be my RSA Chase bets. 2 looking good at present with Aran Concerto 25/1 and Massini 33/1. Herecomesthetruth at 40 looks bad at the minute, but I still have hopes for him.