Greece v Russia (Saturday)

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) Expect this to be a tight game, Russia are probably favs cos Greece were so poor and negative in their game against Sweden,( the 3 centre backs passing it sideways for 5mins as an example;)) at least Russia, although thoroughly out-classed by the devastating Spanish, did show climpses going forward to suggest they could trouble the Greeks.Infact Russia could have levelled at 1-1 quite easily against Spain had Zyryanov's shot hit the inside of the post. Russia WIN @ 6/5

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) Well, i don't think the Greece improved something better than Russia! Russia lost badly to Spain, it seems that there's no defence at all, but they looked pretty good at the begining , but after two goals they've pulled hand down at Spaniards kicked them ass! It can go UNDER i think but with that low odds 1.57 on UNDER it's better sit back and watch the game! But thinking about pick that Russia or Greece not to score in the game at odds 1.72, i just think that'll be a defencive game with one or two goals! any thoughts?

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) the old greece formula of euro 04 defend and defend and then score is not working. i though greece tactics let them down in first match but they did create some good chances. russia was more brave in attack in their match but paid the price as spain was too good. i think if they take on greece in same fashion they will win so my bet russia win 2-1

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) Hello, I'm new here. I'm thinking along the lines of draw in the first half or under 2,5 goals in the game. Don't really dare to bet on Russia since it could easily end with a draw. Quite hard to call but hopefully Greece won't win, I want those negative ***** out.

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) well I consider that Gus Hiddick will learn from the match against Spain, and it seems that he changed his normal lineup and playing form for that match. So I expect him to reconsider and we will see a more tight defense, and in that order I expect under 2.5 goals also. Also I expect Roman Pavlyuchenko to make a fine display on Russia attack, I consider he was one of the good things that Russia showed against Spain.

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) GREECE-RUSSIA Two teams that will have to go for the win if they are to have any real chance of reaching the next round. Greece were shockingly bad against Sweden, and I would not say that Sweden made them bad, rather Greece made Sweden good. I expected them to play very defensivly but that game was a step too far. Russia didn't have much to put up against Spain in the end, but I firmly belive it was their first game of the tournament and they see Greece and Sweden as more "beatable" teams. I think Hiddink will have learnt a few things from the Spain match, and they will be stronger in defence. Russia is thought as the worst team in the group by many (just like Romania dissmissed by many), but I do not agree. They have a lot of potential and will have a good chance to beat Greece tonight. Greece didn't impress me the slightest against Sweden, and their extremely defensive tactic from 04 doesn't seem to work now as well as it did back then. Expect a tight match, but Russia has a good chance to grab the 3 points. Score prediction: 0-1 Pick 1: Russia - 2,10 @ Betsafe (5/10)

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday)

This should be draw. Russi is not such team' date=' that can brake strong Greece defence. Two bad teams in my opinion and boring match.[/quote'] gone for a draw also , i think greece will get a early lead then hold it till very late in the game till russia break them for a draw small bet on greece/draw 14/1 2 points and 8 points on a draw

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) Russia for me, part of me going with the market as it usually wrong but I thin'k the Commies to take over midfield and get a early goal and sit back, Greece didnt fill me confidence in the last game against a half decent Swedish team. Iknow Russia got battered but by the time this kicks off Spain should frank the form. SPAIN/RUSSIA double for me.:)

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) Greece v Russia Russia qualified for EURO 08 after the incompetent England lost to Croatia at Wembley. Credit has to be given to the Russians as they are a very hardworking bunch and would run any team to the ground right to the final whistle. Spain made Russia look like whipping boys the other night but I feel that Russia were only guilty of wasting their chances in front of goal. The scoreline masked the Spanish defensive frailties as the Russians did give the Spanish back four some scare before their own defence eventually crumbled. Greece on the other hand have not gotten any impressive result playing away from home. Their strength lies at home and they depend on setpieces to get the goals. For those who suffered from amnesia, the Sweden/Greece match provided them with the perfect remedy. It was a big yawn. Even if Greece go on the offensive tonight, it would most likely leave yards of space in midfield and this is where the game could be won by the Russians. In the last 5 matches played by Russia, it provided a total of 3 goals or more and only 2 clean sheets. Greece have only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 5 outings and the last two games were under 2 goals. It's safe to say that both teams are likely to score tonight and on paper, it looks like Russia would provide the breakthrough first and probably score another. Greece would get a set piece on target but the 3 points will go to the Russians.

Russia for me, part of me going with the market as it usually wrong but I thin'k the Commies to take over midfield and get a early goal and sit back, Greece didnt fill me confidence in the last game against a half decent Swedish team. Iknow Russia got battered but by the time this kicks off Spain should frank the form. SPAIN/RUSSIA double for me.:)
done the same as u mate good luck :ok

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) I think Russia will just shade this. I gave Greece a chance in the first game but they proved to be very dissapointing indeed. Russia played ok against Spain despite the hammering scoreline and they are capable of much better. 6/5 is fair in my opinion and ill be having a few quid on at that.

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) I have gone for goals over 2.5 I think there is between 40 and 45% chance so 6/4 is value. The cagey first round games are over now Greece need to attack, a 0-0 will not really suit them after losing to Sweden. Russia looked to have plenty of energy going forward. Bluesq 15pts@6/4 Lost 15pts on this one, but it was an open game, poor finishing which was a little predictable. Still 15pt profit on the day with 30pt profit on the other game. GL all :)

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) Both teams lost their opening game, Greece did not play positively at all whereas the Russians did and came away with a worse result. Cannot rule out Greece continuing their negativity and parking the team bus in front of the goal. So going for Russia DNB 4/7 PP

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) Gone for over 2.5, good value considering 2 -1 is not an unlikely score for a game like this, especially if thier is an early goal. conceded 6 goals between them in the first games.. now playing eachother, I'm going over for the value.

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) I'm going to follow like a sheep and also back the Ruskies. I missed their game against Spain but I know that Russia have the edge over Greece who although they're Euro Champions, sure don't play like it (Give us some sexy football please!). Anyway, Russia -1, why not 3/1 at Hills. Good luck all! Baa.

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) Greece sit back and play defensively and that is how they will likely play tonight. I can't see Greece pushing too far forward, too quickly and think that makes my bet of first corner to go to Russia @ 1.85 a decent shout. I think Russia will win too as I've said before and that it will be a low scoring game with maximum of 3 goals.

Greece sit back and play defensively and that is how they will likely play tonight. I can't see Greece pushing too far forward' date=' too quickly and think that makes my bet of first corner to go to Russia @ 1.85 a decent shout. I think Russia will win too as I've said before and that it will be a low scoring game with maximum of 3 goals.[/quote'] 5-4 to russia then lool :ok

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) for me also - Russia to win. Greece was without any good scenes against sweden. Rehagels time as national coach of greece are counted. He´s against "modern" tactics without a libero and a 4 men defense line. He was to defensive against the yellow-blues and now he has some trouble with the team council. Russia will win. Russia to win Russia to win -1 HC :hope

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) I have to disagree with the consensus (that may not worry any of you though :lol) and say the Under 2.5 has drifted to a more than acceptable 1.70. These 2 teams never score that many goals and I struggle to see a goal glut tonight. We'll soon see, good luck everyone. :ok

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) With the greeks pressing more in this game, I can see more openings for russia to capitalise. C'mon Russia... I got some money on them to take this with some fun bets on silly high scoring correct scores.

Re: Greece v Russia (Saturday) Russia have scored at least once in their last 4 matches and the Greeks have scored 6 goals in total in their last 5 matches. So a TG Over is likely to happen given the possibility of the two teams scoring against each other. I have a small bet on Russia 3-1/4-1/4-0...just bein a cheeky monkey...

Greece sit back and play defensively and that is how they will likely play tonight. I can't see Greece pushing too far forward' date=' too quickly and think that makes my bet of first corner to go to Russia @ 1.85 a decent shout. I think Russia will win too as I've said before and that it will be a low scoring game with maximum of 3 goals.[/quote'] :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

Russia have scored at least once in their last 4 matches and the Greeks have scored 6 goals in total in their last 5 matches. So a TG Over is likely to happen given the possibility of the two teams scoring against each other. I have a small bet on Russia 3-1/4-1/4-0...just bein a cheeky monkey...
Based on those stats, that would point to an under, but either way, I don't think you can count qualifiers as the same as finals matches though - the conditions are vastly different.

Russia have scored at least once in their last 4 matches and the Greeks have scored 6 goals in total in their last 5 matches. So a TG Over is likely to happen given the possibility of the two teams scoring against each other. I have a small bet on Russia 3-1/4-1/4-0...just bein a cheeky monkey...
Haha, I have those as well, in fact I have 3-2 as well haha