** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Sick shit of poker

friskyfitz

playing 0.50/1.00 on prima....... Dealt KK on BB and have only 1 caller -raised hin for all - in and he calls!!! KK v 2,2 and a 2 on the river Dealt AK clubs on a bad flop with an ace _ I go allin and 1 caller Flop 6c,2c, AD.....1 made an all-in....... Turn 2,H, River 2,S :puke Last hand - I get dealt K,Q of diamonds.. I raise for 5 times BB - I get re raised so I flat call.. Flop K,Q, spades and 5 hearts!!! I raise to 400 , get re-raised to all-in. I insta-call hoping he has NO spade - turn five diamond, five clubs! He has 5 spades!!!!!!!!! WTF ??? 3 buy-ins ???????? In about 15 minutes!!!!!!!!! :puke

Re: Sick shit of poker Feel exactly the same mate. A few weeks ago decided to play some 5/10 which was way outside the bankroll. Bought in for the max and there was a real loose player, raising and re-raising most hands, showing a lot of crap. So after playing tight for a bit, and folding to his re-raises I gets QQ and after a raise by me pre flop it's HU and flop of 3TK. He bets out just over the pot and I decide he hasn't got a K and go all in. He calls with JJ and hits runner runner straight. Bought in again and a few minutes later get KT and hit a K high flop, end up all in against him and he calls with AJ. Again hits runner-runner straight. It's not like it just gave him a J or an A for the simple win, it's taking the piss. That was the same day as the fixed tennis match too:\. Since then I haven't won a thing, played some much lower stakes cash and haven't had a winning session. Played about 20 STTs without a cash. Last cash I had in an MTT was 14th April and that was barely the ******* buy in. Feels like every time you hit a flop someone's hit it harder. Every pair there's an overpair. Every **** with a flush draw calls big bets then hits. All gambling is a bastard. You can know the numbers behind. Get your money in when ahead. Make value bets. It doesn't matter. It's all about look. You can talk about variance but how many poker players ACTUALLY know what variance is? It's just an excuse for losing. In the long run 95% of samples should be within 2 standard deviations of the mean of a normal distribution. That doesn't matter one bit. All that matters is not being wiped out by the losing runs. And finding players who are on a losing run:eyes. Lost my train of thought:$

Re: Sick shit of poker FFS the electric just went off for 1 second and restarted my computer. Just lost a whole load of crap I was typing and I had loads of windows open and I'll have to re type in the fecking addresses. It never ******* ends and I've missed the start of X Files. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Re: Sick shit of poker

Just lost a whole load of crap I was typing and I had loads of windows open and I'll have to re type in the fecking addresses. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Use Firefox and you can restore your sessions in a single click. No need to navigate to all them pages again.

Variance is an excuse for not being able to win with bad cards' date=' so it doesnt apply to any one capable of calling with king high.[/quote'] Check, Check, bet the pot mmmmm;) I'm still sick, getting paranoid too - think the last 4 tournaments I've played I've been knocked out when the flop was paired and I had the other card, pretty sure that's a big enough sample to say that it's fixed:unsure

Re: Sick shit of poker Poker is a funny old game ... There's highs and lows around every corner. Like the last few days i've lost with aces 4 times and kings twice yesterday alone, not to mention queens twice this morning alone, not a pretty site but you've gotta just concentrate on the next hand as you will get some good opportunities arising in your favour and by not going on tilt staying confident in my game i'm still in profit the last few days. Poker takes a lot of mental strength so if you can stay focussed then it won't all go bad all of the time...

Re: Sick shit of poker Yeh we all get the bad runs and even though in the past when Ive suffered a bad beat... 'Feck off with this game, its me every single time etc' .... Im sure we all say that. But in reality we have all had the lucky side. I think that is were the bankroll comes into play, and as the pros say you have to be able to cope with the down swings and accept them. Last time I lost £20 when in with Aces, to ease the pain I went onto youtube and just typed in poker bad beat. See people losing thousands when well ahead.... On the subject, what about tha WPT bad beat were the guy needed runner runner sevens and he got it. :puke

Re: Sick shit of poker I just had this.... Full Tilt Poker Game #6312452375: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (48028660), Table 1 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:16:54 ET - 2008/05/06 Seat 1: playingtolose (3,855) Seat 5: houstononetwo (4,745) Seat 6: ReeX (3,130) Seat 7: tkallyuurmoney (1,770) houstononetwo posts the small blind of 100 ReeX posts the big blind of 200 The button is in seat #1 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to playingtolose [Ad Ah] tkallyuurmoney folds playingtolose raises to 600 houstononetwo folds ReeX raises to 3,130, and is all in playingtolose calls 2,530 ReeX shows [Qc Qh] playingtolose shows [Ad Ah] *** FLOP *** [Ac Kc 4h] *** TURN *** [Ac Kc 4h] [Td] *** RIVER *** [Ac Kc 4h Td] [Jd] ReeX shows a straight, Ace high playingtolose shows three of a kind, Aces ReeX wins the pot (6,360) with a straight, Ace high *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 6,360 | Rake 0 Board: [Ac Kc 4h Td Jd] Seat 1: playingtolose (button) showed [Ad Ah] and lost with three of a kind, Aces Seat 5: houstononetwo (small blind) folded before the Flop Seat 6: ReeX (big blind) showed [Qc Qh] and won (6,360) with a straight, Ace high Seat 7: tkallyuurmoney didn't bet (folded) He had less than a 2% chance after the flop aswell. Surprisingly I kept going (without tilting!) and actually got back into it. But picked up A8 and moved all in, the same guy calls with A3 and a 3 comes on the flop. Just wasn't to be that game me thinks. :(

• 3 years later...

Re: Sick shit of poker I like how half the people in this thread are or could/should have been banned, shows the quality of its content imo. Surprised i strung a sentence together in 2008 tbh. Fred will be good to see you at the PLWSOP, i'll tell you all the secrets then;)

QUOTE' IF THERE IS NO SKILL IN POKER WHY DO YOU SEE SO MANY FAMILIAR FACES AT FINAL TABLES. cHECK THE MAIN EVENT - NOT ONE SO CALLED 'FAMILIAR FACE IN 7 YEARS- THINK PHIL IVEY WAS THE LAST ONE- APART FRON HIM NOBODY
Umm, Mike Matusow? Allen Cunningham? Andy Black? Michael Mizrachi?