Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 3.05 Doncaster Obviously a competitive affair but I Bond City is currently over priced. Winless since 2006 (then with Bryan Smart) but had a string of consistent place efforts to his name last season including a fantastic 3rd in a Group 3. From 14 starts he only had one really bad run, which was over a too far 6f. Despite some sterling efforts last year he starts the season on 94, 9lb lower than this time last year and has only raced off a lower mark once before from 48 career starts. He has never been out of the frame on a seasonal debut (3rd, 2nd (50/1), and 2nd) always running above form. The last two seasonal debuts were very close to his best form of the season. He disappointed slightly with pieces on back end, and they are off here, which is a good sign. He has a plum draw and acts with ease. It may be the right time to catch him. Think Bigalos Bandit will win a race this year but he suffered an injury last year and may need this. Bond City - E/W

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 Fiulin 5.50 Doncaster(WIN) Ran a sound enough race last time out when hampered at the end of the race and that was on softened ground. Travelled well through the race and looked a future winner. Should get the extra 2f and is worthy favourite with Special Reserve the most likely danger. About time it broke its maiden tag and today should be the day to do it.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 3.05 Doncaster With 4 NR's, it leaves just 10 runners for this Class 2 handicap over the straight 5f. I'm siding with Billy The Punter here for my EW bet and putting my faith in: Bond City (7/1 >Betfred) - Think this is a cracking price for a horse that has ideal conditions today. Is drawn in the rail box so has no issues whatsover from a draw perspective for this prominent racer. Races off its lowest ever mark and faces its easiest task to date IMO. Makes it seasonal reappearance today and has yet to finish out of the frame when coming back from an absence. 5f on easy ground is what suits, so today looks a perfect opportunity. Was racing off marks in the 100's last term so todays mark of 94 looks extremely lenient. Performances last season include 2 x 3rd of 10 in Group 3's and a 3rd of 17 in Class 2 handicap off 102. With a useful 5lb claimer on top too, this looks the class horse in the race and is a stonking EW bet at 7's. That price will not last. EW

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 Don 3.35 Dont Panic 1 pt win Fantastic performance by this one lto in Spring Mile, time quicker than the Lincoln which surely this one would have won if in, likes cut in the ground, impressive win before that showed it was improving and quite clearly has improved a lot since being gelded, trainer is in top form (Medicine Path looks the biggest danger) and looks capable of stepping up. Every chance.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 3.05 Doncaster One of my favourite sprinters Cape Royal runs in this. I have followed the horse since its 2yo days & i only back it when it runs off this sort of mark. It runs off 90 today & below is the form off this mark: Aug 07 2nd Haydock 5f G-F Btn 1.25 L Class 2 Apr 07 1st Epsom 5F G-F won by shd Class 3 Apr 07 2nd Beverley 5F G-F btn 0.75L Class 3 Sept 06 1st Haydock 5F Hvy won by nk Class 2 Aug 06 2nd Epsom 5F G-S btn btn 0.5L Class 2 The only time over last 3 years it dropped below 90 it won a 5F h'cap at Sandown off 87 in 2005 & was 2nd off 89 at leicester last september. EW selection due to its current price 16/1

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 MASAKA STAKES 2.45 KEMPTON ------------------------------- 7/8 were returned at odds of 12/1 or under [ 2 clear FAVS , 1 jt ] 8/8 had won at least one race . 7/8 were Southern trained 5/5 [ with a BHB rating] were rated between 91 - 103 3 previous winners had ran in the RADLEYSTAKES at Newbury [ no qualifiers today] 2 had ran in the ROCKFEL STAKES [ 2 runners today ] 3 ran on an AW surface LTO , one at LINGFIELD , the last 2 winners ran at NAD AL SHEBA. KAY ES JAY + LOVE OF DUBAI both ran in the ROCKFEL at Newmarket back in OCTOBER , LOVE OF DUBAI has also taken in the same 2 races that the 2006 winner did over inNAD AL SHEBA [ UAE 1000 gns , UAE OAKS ] Those stats clinch it for me , so , narrowly , LOVE OF DUBAI is the selection.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 200 Pressgang 1pt win Like the look of this one, the form behind Pasco at Newbury reads well in this type of race, looks to have some potential for the extra trip and goes on soft ground. My only doubt is the form of the stable but saying that most of his horses lately have been outsiders so cant read too much into that yet.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08

2.50 - DONT PANIC Demolished a decent field when last seen, up 9lb but that last run is good form in this race, typical horse that the stable excel with, Munro in the sadle, expecting a big run at a nice price, around 10/1 now, fav is far to short in a race like this, so can go e/w with this horse.
This should be going in again after I tipped it up on Lincoln day, quite short but looks best bet of the day easily today.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 2.30 Doncaster. Marygate. Lay. (Racing Post FC 3/1) Taking a bit of a chance here, as all but one of the runners is unraced, but at 3/1 this filly looks too short in context with all we can go on. She wasn't at all popular at the sales, and was snapped up for just 3000 euros, and as we know all horses have the same birthday, she's actually only just turned two years of age and so will probably need plenty more time. It's hard to know how good the others are, so that's a bit of a chance I'm taking, but the others would have to be disappointed if they cannot beat a type such as this filly first time up. If I'm proved wrong, then fair play and I'll be the first to say well done. Much more a lay than a play at 3/1 anyhow, irrespective of the end result.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 N2.25 Helens Vison 0.5pt E/W Loves it aroung Newbury and has form at this level and also a liking for cut in the ground. The trainer is in excellent form and another positive would be the good claimer taking off a further 7lb.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 my best bet of the day would be spare cash 235 utt. sets the mark for this and theres not much strength in depth to be fair. main danger double intruder needs to find a bit, but although open to do so, i take the selection to be too strong late on, and should post that first win.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 Balakrief 4.10 @17.00 Ladbrokes Each - Way Traditionally comes to hand early and has twice won on his comeback before; claimer ridden but plenty of reasons to expect a bold showing, with him back on his last winning mark and conditions in his favour. (taken from Rp site) Goes here today with a weight of 9-1 in a class 4 handicap when last year it was running in higher grade handicaps and acquiting itself admirably. It's run in the Ayr Silver cup class 2 on ground like this was very eyecatching finishing 6th not far behind Utmost Respect the eventual winner, running on all too late over 6F. Today it has it's ground and is over a furlong further which it has shown suits in the past and it is ridden by a decent enough 7lbs claimer further reducing it's weight. I'm expecting a big run against this field and at it's odds it's a cracking each-way bet with 4 places up for grabs! :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 SERPENTARIA 3.25 Fairyhouse. 1 point win. I like the way she did it last time on hurdling debut, and with doing fairly well on the level over here before that hurdling debut, I can only see her improving and being too tough to beat today. Her rivals are not of high quality, so although the unexposed nature may throw up a surprise or two, it's still going to take a decent performance to beat the selection I feel.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 3.05 Doncaster River Falcon win This horse ran a decent race on his seasonal debut with a bad draw and over a distance which wasn't ideal. He's back to his optimum trip of 5 furlongs today and on a winning mark of 92 has won off 93. I can't see him being outside the first 3, should win.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Saturday 12/04/08 Kempton 5:35 Legend Erry Had a hat-trick going into his last race where he lost by 7 1/4L (5 of 8). The jockey for all wins was John Egan and LTO did not have him around. Even though this is the same Class of racing as last time the jockey booking of Egan must be taken seriously. Last time was a big defeat but having a jockey that had no experience with him just lacked what was needed to get his best. Egan back, back it at a big price today. 5pts ew @ 9-1 Sky Bet