** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd

3.20 Leicester - 3y-old Cond Stakes - 6f - Class 3 I like the look of IRISH PEARL here. It won it's Maiden over 6f on SOFT going at Windsor last season with the 2nd, 4th , 6th , 7th and 10th placed horses going on to win next time out. Next time out in a Group 3 race at AYR it raced far too prominently according to the Racing Post report but ran a respectable 6th in a Listed Race at NEWMARKET . Fergus Sweeney has the mount tomorrow and he has a 25% strike rate with the stables 3 y-old's [ 7/28 ] P Cole's OASIS WIND will start FAV and the stable is certainly in form and has a C/D win to it's name. However only 1 horse came from that race to win in that season and even the trainer admitted it wasn't the a strong race. None of the other fancied runners seems to prefer the soft going .

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd 2.35 Aintree Its not often you get one of the best horses on this planet turn up for this race but KAUTO STAR is on a recovery mission after performing below par in the Gold Cup & meeting another star in Denman on that day. Kauto should get the trip ok & although would prefer it softer probably has Exotic Dancer to beat on the book but has done that 5 times now when they have faced each other. Monets Garden will be thereabouts on a track that suits but when stamina comes into play, i cant see it living with KS.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd Aint 3.10 Binocular 1 pt win Really impressed with this at chelt. Not easy for a younger horse to take on older horses but did it really well, travelling very well before just going down to captain cee bee, previous form pretty good too, especially Asc win with Crack Away Jack a long way behind, form at Kemp. perhaps not as impressive but at least showed battling qualities that day and the fact it still won encourages, Celestial Halo won Triumph pretty well from the front but in Binocular it might just have a speedier rival to repel and might struggle to do so.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd Inglis Drever 2.00 Aintree Only way I can see this losing is if it has an off day as there is nothing in the same class in opposition and that includes Blazing Bailey. That horse has been beaten by Inglis by 5l and 12 1/2l on last 2 runs, hard to see it reversing form even on this flatter course that is more of a speed test than stamina. I think Cheltenham suits Inglis Drever better but it ran with credit here behind Al Eile in 2005. Beaten a long way (22l) last year but never travelled and slight doubt over good going. Seemed in the form of its life last time out and hard to oppose again with nothing of the quality of Mighty Man in this field.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd 17.30 Aintreee Junior 11/1 05 e/w Was a good performer on the flat for brian meehan and ran in some good group 1 races. Had three starts for alan king and has improved each time the latest being a good third to naiid du misselot and also juist behind kick for three who runs in a much better class today. Won't be too far away!!

Big Gamble Possibly!! 2-10&chartmode=0&period=all&selections=274262926,&bookmakers=-1&oddsformat=0&charttype=0&colours=274262926c-65536,&subhost=648&chartwidth=480&chartheight=350 Just thought you might like a look at the trading for this horse in the 2.10 @ leicester. I have backed this horse myself £10 at 10/1 @ 10am this morning with betfred. Can't believe how the price has just crashed. Does someone know something. BIG MOVER!! Sorry the horse in question is JOE CASTER. Trained by James Eustace ridden by Ryan Moore. Trainer does get them ready first time, interesting jockey booking also. Was worth a bet at 10/1 this morning not so sure about the value now. Cheers Willster

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd 5.30 Pacha D'Oudairies @21.00 Bet 365 - Each-way I did write up in Aintree thread about this race and this ticks all the boxes for distance, ground, weight and age and current form. Hails from the top trainer with decent amateur booked as Ruby wouldn't be able to do the weight and Thomas is riding for Venetia Williams. Massive price and i'm expecting a decent run! :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd 2.00 - Inglis Drever 124425.gif People are trying to make a case for other horses, but the truth is they all have a lot of improvement to find to beat the champion. He had an off day last year, this could happen to every horse. He is in the form of his life and ground is far more testing than expected with the rain in the last days. A good pace is expected as well, so it will be a test of stamina rather than a late sprint. Even at the short 6/4 I consider it quite a good value. Evens is the right price for me.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd A2.00 Chief Dan George 0.5pt E/W Won at this meeting last year at a big price following an unplaced run at Cheltenham and I'm hoping it's following a similar path this time. Has plenty to find on the book but I think the course (and ground) is the key and brings out the best in the horse (suspicion that the opposite is true for Inglis) who I would happily back anywhere but here. At around 25/1 in a race where you could argue that there are only 5 or 6 in with a shout of making the places, I think its worth an E/W bet.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd 455 Aintree : Whiteoak : Lay (7/2 RP) Just cant have this one up against Francheok and Group Captain, cant get away from his improved run at Cheltenham but this a different kind of track and i reckon it will suit the speed horses better.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd Lay is Turfshuffle Taunton 3.30pm In this race there are a few that look that they will come on and should step up today,the odds on the fav are crazy imv but thats the market for you.Turfshuffle is a German horse won on the flat in Germany but to be honest dont really know what it has beat to date as German form aint my bag. Todays race is over 2m1f and Turfshuffles 1st UK race was over 2m and the fav in the race went off at 5/6(1st) Turfshuffles went off 4/1(3rd) 2nd fav and only Hot Diamond nearest at 9/2(2nd) others in the race were well up in the odds highest was 150/1 so you really cant take anything from this only thing is that most of the horses in that race are not that good.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd 5-40 Leicester LAY - The Osteopath Raced over 7 furlongs (and a few variances on a theme of 7 furlongs) 11 times, winning twice and getting 3rd once. He won off 71 at Ayr (Makin up) and off 67 at Warwick (Spencer up) He was 3rd in July last year, here at Leicester (Makin up) off 73. The going is no problem, and he won over a mile 10 days ago, but the handicapper (hopefully) has him now. Good luck to all, and thanks to BH for having to plough through all these posts :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd 4.20 Aintree - Desert Quest - 0.5 EW Improving novice........that's what the stats say you want to be on in this race and Desert Quest is one of them. He's won 3 novice races this season despite not having his ideal conditions.........he's a bit of a wanderer when he hits the front and the small fields in novice chases don't really suit him. With a big field of handicappers he should get plenty of cover and won't hit the front too early. Has won big handicaps as a hurdler at the cheltenham festival and at Ascot. His chase handicap mark is lower than his last winning mark over hurdles......... Goes on the ground, wins at 16F, tho' should get further, which will help if it's a good pace today

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd 3.45 The first race over the big fences and I can't wait. The stats say you should side with the ex-handicappers and that is a tactic I've always used for this event. I always like front runners here, even more so over the big fences. I'm having a few on my side who fill both requisites. Thisthatandtother ticks all the right boxes and was the best of all these before their Hunter/Pointing days. I'm hoping these fences bring out the best of him as he ran a stormer in last year's National. Even though the trip would've been much too far for him he was still bang there in the top 4 or 5 at the Melling Road. He was hampered at least once in the half mile prior to that too. You just can't get away from him in this and if it wasn't for his run LTO this would be my biggest bet of the meeting. Although I'm sweet on him, I'm having savers as he is vunerable to a finisher (more 2nd's than 1st's in his career). I don't think it is an ideal E/W race so backing more than one is the way to go. Actually selected four for this, hope I've picked the right one for BBOTD. Thisthatandtother - win

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd Leicester 4:30 Downhiller Finished 2nd on final three starts last year, all Class 4 Maiden (5k). This time is for a drop in Class (5) and the price money is also lower. Ryan Moore is booked which is another positive. Offers some value with the price offererings. 10pts win @ 7-2 Sportingbet

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd

Event 4.55 Aintree
Selection Franchoek
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 3.50 (Back)
Reasoning I feel Franchoek is a class above the rest of these and the step up in trip will be right up his street. At Cheltenham he got turned over as hot favourite by Celestial Halo. However, I feel the reason for that was that he got outpaced at a vital stage, and I feel the 2m 4f will be better for him today. The horse should stay and doesnt face anything as speedy as Celestial Halo. Group Captain will be the only horse that could fit the bill but its over 2m 4f today. AP rode Binocular to victory earlier and I feel he will ride another with Franchoek.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd 4.40 Taunton. Ede's. Lay. (Racing Post SP 9/4) In good form, but up in the weights for this race, and more importantly has never won going right! Not to say he cannot win, but after all said and done he'd be a lay much more than a play at 9/4. If he wins, then fair enough.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd my best bet of the day would be to lay bonne 650 kemp. racing post sp 3-1. i just cannot get my head around her dropping to 5f from 7f???? i think its far too short for her and others are much more suited. id be very surprised if she won this race.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd :nanasneaks into 4th place 20/1 returned price

5.30 Pacha D'Oudairies @21.00 Bet 365 - Each-way I did write up in Aintree thread about this race and this ticks all the boxes for distance, ground, weight and age and current form. Hails from the top trainer with decent amateur booked as Ruby wouldn't be able to do the weight and Thomas is riding for Venetia Williams. Massive price and i'm expecting a decent run! :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd :clap well done Woody wins 11/8 Favourite

Aint 3.10 Binocular 1 pt win Really impressed with this at chelt. Not easy for a younger horse to take on older horses but did it really well' date= travelling very well before just going down to captain cee bee, previous form pretty good too, especially Asc win with Crack Away Jack a long way behind, form at Kemp. perhaps not as impressive but at least showed battling qualities that day and the fact it still won encourages, Celestial Halo won Triumph pretty well from the front but in Binocular it might just have a speedier rival to repel and might struggle to do so.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd N/R trainer must have seen you laying his horse and duely took it out :lol

Lay is Turfshuffle Taunton 3.30pm In this race there are a few that look that they will come on and should step up today,the odds on the fav are crazy imv but thats the market for you.Turfshuffle is a German horse won on the flat in Germany but to be honest dont really know what it has beat to date as German form aint my bag. Todays race is over 2m1f and Turfshuffles 1st UK race was over 2m and the fav in the race went off at 5/6(1st) Turfshuffles went off 4/1(3rd) 2nd fav and only Hot Diamond nearest at 9/2(2nd) others in the race were well up in the odds highest was 150/1 so you really cant take anything from this only thing is that most of the horses in that race are not that good.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd :clap finishes 2nd well done Billy!

455 Aintree : Whiteoak : Lay (7/2 RP) Just cant have this one up against Francheok and Group Captain, cant get away from his improved run at Cheltenham but this a different kind of track and i reckon it will suit the speed horses better.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd :clap well done PL Crewman wins 3/1

Leicester 4:30 Downhiller Finished 2nd on final three starts last year, all Class 4 Maiden (5k). This time is for a drop in Class (5) and the price money is also lower. Ryan Moore is booked which is another positive. Offers some value with the price offererings. 10pts win @ 7-2 Sportingbet

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thurs 3rd :clap well done Falbrav knowhere

4.40 Taunton. Ede's. Lay. (Racing Post SP 9/4) In good form, but up in the weights for this race, and more importantly has never won going right! Not to say he cannot win, but after all said and done he'd be a lay much more than a play at 9/4. If he wins, then fair enough.

MISTA ROSSA 7.20 Kempton. 0.5 points ew. Was told after first run to back when into a handicap. Well here we are then! let's hope the same cannot be said for the others???
Well done Verisimilitude........ Nice winner :nana (i hope i never have to type your name out again :eek)

2.00 - Inglis Drever 124425.gif People are trying to make a case for other horses, but the truth is they all have a lot of improvement to find to beat the champion. He had an off day last year, this could happen to every horse. He is in the form of his life and ground is far more testing than expected with the rain in the last days. A good pace is expected as well, so it will be a test of stamina rather than a late sprint. Even at the short 6/4 I consider it quite a good value. Evens is the right price for me.
Just watched the race on a replay. You might laugh, but I think Inglies Drever would have won today if it wasn't the denied clear run. He was running on fantastically well and then he also made a mess of the last jump. And we all know how important the rythm of galloping is for him.