GB80

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Get in!!!

:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana wsopseatjy3.png
Oh yeah very funny. You did this on purpose didn't you? :@ There was I (this time last year) saying I expected you would win a M.E. seat, and just to spite me you waited until this year. You are so selfish. :@ :eyes Seriously though Gaz this is brilliant. Congratulations :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap I'll see you on the final table. :lol

Re: Get in!!! Thanks everyone. :) Stupidly I didn't think when I entered it that it would be a 7 and a half hour slog. No sleep, so I'm sat at work overdosing on Red Bull. Good job its worth it! :D Hopefully I'm the first PL'er (unless I've missed someone) of many. :ok

Re: Get in!!! Well done Gaz :nana- looks like you finished just after 6:30 this morning :unsure Is this really for the Main Event? How far from the top of the 31 qualifiers were you? Nervous limp through, or confident with plenty of chips? Further details (please) when you've managed to catch up on your sleep - about Thursday? Unclear from your screen dump what the size of the blinds were when the bubble went. McG

Re: Get in!!! Very well done Gaz:clap :clap :clap . Have a great time in Vegas! Am I correct in thinking that the player 4 places below Gaz (albeit alphabetically) is THE JohnnyBax? Isn't that the online handle of Cliff Josephy? If, and I do mean if, I am right, that only adds to the magnitude of Gaz's achievement.

Very well done Gaz:clap :clap :clap . Have a great time in Vegas! Am I correct in thinking that the player 4 places below Gaz (albeit alphabetically) is THE JohnnyBax? Isn't that the online handle of Cliff Josephy? If, and I do mean if, I am right, that only adds to the magnitude of Gaz's achievement.
Apparently so!!! :unsure http://www.cardplayer.com/online-poker/players/1471

How far from the top of the 31 qualifiers were you? Nervous limp through, or confident with plenty of chips? Further details (please) when you've managed to catch up on your sleep - about Thursday? Unclear from your screen dump what the size of the blinds were when the bubble went.
I was pretty short stacked most of the way and just kept hanging in, then when it got down to about 50 I managed to claw my way up into the top 10. For the last hour and a half (which is how long it took to lose the last 20 odd!) I played as little as possible only stealing the odd blind when I thought I could. I was down to about $23,000 at the end, with the blinds $3,000/$1,500. The big stacks didn't seem to want to take a shot at the shortys at any point, so I was starting to get a little nervous by the end! I think I was 24th when it finished.