** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Crouchie's Poker Thread

Crouch Potato

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread One for the donkaments: Table #2042166 - Knightswood Starting Hand #101701614 Last Hand #101700071 Game Type: Hold'em Limit Type: No Limit Table Type: Ring Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.25/$0.50 Button is at seat 4 Seat 1: doeboy - $49.50 Seat 2: KimiRaikkonen - $49.10 Seat 3: thebuissness - $142.32 Seat 4: kehoe - $31.96 Seat 6: Rafiky - $76.73 Seat 7: carpycus - $88.57 Seat 8: tohumaniac - $57.10 Seat 9: 27Nade - $50 Moving Button to seat 4 Rafiky posts small blind ($0.25) carpycus posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Qd Qh] to KimiRaikkonen tohumaniac folds 27Nade folds doeboy folds KimiRaikkonen raises to $2.50 kehoe calls $2.50 Rafiky folds carpycus folds Dealing Flop [3h Tc 6s] thebuissness: ive just had aj on the bb i go allin get called off 34 off suit and lose to trip 444 KimiRaikkonen bets $4 kehoe raises to $29.46 (all-in) thebuissness: in torneo KimiRaikkonen calls $29.46 KimiRaikkonen shows [Qd Qh] kehoe shows [As 3s] Dealing Turn [3d] Dealing River [2h] Rafiky: ul Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 kehoe has Three of a Kind: 3s kehoe wins $61.67 with: Three of a Kind: 3s

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Ouch and quadruple ouch. Obviously i considered him having the 7,8 but i thought why would he be playing 78 in middle position and also call the raise on the flop with 78. Then of course the one card that i could only lose to him came out which also made me the straight! bit of a nightmare that hand really :loon PS: In hindsight i should have raised pre-flop but never do with small pairs as they so rarely hit anyway. The all-in was obviously a bit gung-ho, but even if i called on the turn he would have gone all in on the river anyway and i'd have called then so it was pretty hard to get away from imo. What do you reckon?

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Re: playing 78 in MP - It's a play I do a bit too if I can limp in. On Pkr people have trouble getting away from hands so it's worth playing if you can limp. Calling the gutshot isn't a play I often make but if it's for the min bet (I can't remember if it was without HH) then the implied odds are there. Personally I don't raise with PPs, except QQ/KK/AA. If in position maybe TT or JJ, depending on how the table is going, but with mid pairs like 7s etc. I like the limp and look for trips type play. You don't really want to get 77 HU, you want lots of people playing. However I think you need to remain focused on why you are playing 77 - you are wanting to hit three of a kind and hopefully a boat. You're not playing it for a straight and if one is made you are in trouble some of the time. I think you should visualise it as if he went all-in and you're making a decision to call. What range of hands do you really put him on, and which of them can you beat. And ultimately, is calling a favourable play? I would have called the turn then re-assessed after the river. I guess the way people play on PKR they could just have easily been playing their trips or 2 pair so it's probably an okay move as over time I expect you'll be up a little. Ultimately I think what's important here is the reason you are playing the starting hand. With regards to the way the hand played out in particular, I think with the limpers around 78 is a stronger possibility so I'd at least look to keep the pot small if I could. I'll have a look at the hand a bit later if I can find it.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Because it was pkr i went all-in. If it was a decent site i would have kept the pot small but i put him on slow playing a big pair or a bluff with the re-raise and as we know when they have a big pair they think they're ahead. On the flop i re-raised 5times the blind (up to 2.50) so he called that much with a gut-shot, makes me feel even worse now i've looked :loon. Will bear in mind the reasoning for playing the hand in the first place though :ok

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread GaF - A quick hit on the hungarians seemed like a good idea. I just secured myself 10 weeks buy in for the PL SO MTT :) Nade, didn't know you raised so much on the flop, that's pretty poor play to call for that much. Not sure if he was even justified to call even given implied odds. If there's one thing I'm pretty certain about though, it's that PKR is a place where you want to avoid making difficult decisions, which is why I like to play my hands only when the flop is good (Of course, I often **** up, but I do MUCH better when I only play big hands and avoid getting involved in difficult spots). To be honest, I'm beginning to much prefer hands like 76s and 88/99 than to Aces and Kings etc. You don't have to control the pot with mid pairs or suited connectors, you can get out cheaply without any big problems (much harder to lay down AA) and when you do get the money in, you generally have trips or better, as opposed to just the overpair. One more pondering too - given that he only called your raise, do you think that it might have indicated he was only on a draw? A flop like that, if I had two pair or trips I'd want to be betting out hard to avoid people drawing to a straight, perhaps a call was an indication he was? Obviously it's very easy looking back and Poker logic doesn't always apply to PKR, but it's worth considering nonetheless.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread

GaF - A quick hit on the hungarians seemed like a good idea. I just secured myself 10 weeks buy in for the PL SO MTT :) Nade, didn't know you raised so much on the flop, that's pretty poor play to call for that much. Not sure if he was even justified to call even given implied odds. If there's one thing I'm pretty certain about though, it's that PKR is a place where you want to avoid making difficult decisions, which is why I like to play my hands only when the flop is good (Of course, I often **** up, but I do MUCH better when I only play big hands and avoid getting involved in difficult spots). To be honest, I'm beginning to much prefer hands like 76s and 88/99 than to Aces and Kings etc. You don't have to control the pot with mid pairs or suited connectors, you can get out cheaply without any big problems (much harder to lay down AA) and when you do get the money in, you generally have trips or better, as opposed to just the overpair. One more pondering too - given that he only called your raise, do you think that it might have indicated he was only on a draw? A flop like that, if I had two pair or trips I'd want to be betting out hard to avoid people drawing to a straight, perhaps a call was an indication he was? Obviously it's very easy looking back and Poker logic doesn't always apply to PKR, but it's worth considering nonetheless.
It's all a consideration, cheers for the input but i think 99% of times i'd have just taken the pot with a minimum profit because 99% of times people won't play with 7,8 o/s. For me it was just massively unlucky and i can't be arsed to think of the mechanics of the hand as it was a bit of a joke play by him tbh. I suppose i'll harp back to my old favourite that you can't put anyone on there with a hand at any one time so as you say it could be best to avoid difficult situations but the majority of times with a big hand you'll get a big pay off, this was one of the rare occasions it F's up and that's poker. Or shall i say PKR ;)

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread That's fair enough, whatever works for you is fine. I will say though that I don't think you had too big of a hand. It was probably close to the best hand, but given you were just using one hole card to make the hand, I think there's a very real possibility that a lot of the time you will split the pot with someone else who has a 7. Obviously there should be enough times where someone has misplayed their trips or 2 pairs to show a profit, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it's too big a hand. But as you say, that is PKR, although I am starting to be warm to the fact that you can sometimes put people on hands in PKR, and most of the time it's a shit one!

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Btw, and moving on from that unfortunate hand, I think one thing you might want to look at some stage is moving up another level. I dabbled in the .5/1 tables for the first time ever today and came out pretty well. If you're looking to play a bit of a LAG type game it's probably not ideal but if you're just playing TAG like us I feel it's probably a beatable level. PS - There was a hand prior to the pocket 7s incident where you lost a bit to a guy who had a straight. What were you holding then?

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread This is the hand I mean: Button is at seat 6 Seat 1: simba - $28 Seat 2: KimiRaikkonen - $49 Seat 3: thebuissness - $149.07 Seat 4: kehoe - $28.94 Seat 5: Elmor - $4.75 Seat 6: barny26 - $60.48 Seat 7: carpycus - $55.24 Seat 8: tohumaniac - $53.67 Seat 9: 27Nade - $50.82 Seat 10: spannerflat - $11.48 Moving Button to seat 7 tohumaniac posts small blind ($0.25) 27Nade posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [4d 8c] to KimiRaikkonen spannerflat folds KimiRaikkonen: i guess she's a moaner :) simba calls $0.50 KimiRaikkonen folds thebuissness folds kehoe calls $0.50 Elmor calls $0.50 barny26 calls $0.50 carpycus calls $0.50 thebuissness: i lkie a good moan tohumaniac folds 27Nade checks Dealing Flop [Th 9d 6c] thebuissness: and by the way your getting the info as well 27Nade bets $4 thebuissness: so shut up simba folds kehoe folds Elmor folds barny26 folds carpycus calls $4 Dealing Turn [8s] 27Nade checks carpycus bets $4 27Nade calls $4 Dealing River [4s] spannerflat: erm yeah ok then 27Nade bets $8 carpycus raises to $16 KimiRaikkonen: rake special? 27Nade calls $16 Taking Rake of $2.56 from pot 1 carpycus shows [Js Qh] carpycus has Straight, Queen high 27Nade mucks carpycus wins $48.69 with: Straight, Queen high

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread On the hand above i had 2pair on the flop. I think a couple of hands either before or after that one though he made a big raise on the river and i called with top pair and made more than i lost. Going back to that dodgy hand with the 7's. Now looking back i should have considered the up and down straight on the flop but i guess i didn't factor every eventuality for once which cost me. So in hindsight i would have played the turn a load more cautiously but gotta learn from the mistakes! Not sure about moving up a level either though because i just lost all my profit again yesterday - it seems to happen every time i get into profit i run into a massive hand! :wall

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread With just two pair I don't really like the bet on the river. I'd much rather have made that play on the turn to get some information. On the River I think you are dead here, particularly given he only min. raised, whereas the hand before where he was bluffing his bet was all-in.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Not to much action as I'd have liked, but things worked out ok in that I took a risk limping UTG, believing someone would stick in a raise. Seat 1: KimiRaikkonen - $98 Seat 2: animi - $0 (away from table) Seat 3: bengaboo - $41.05 Seat 4: gryf777 - $196.10 Seat 5: iesche - $14.47 Seat 6: rmac1267 - $43.95 Seat 7: ossciss - $70.98 Seat 8: mhj777 - $171 Seat 9: bohden - $142.70 Seat 10: SHINEYHEAD - $100.75 Moving Button to seat 8 bohden posts small blind ($0.50) SHINEYHEAD posts big blind ($1) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Ac As] to KimiRaikkonen KimiRaikkonen calls $1 bengaboo folds gryf777 calls $1 iesche raises to $4 rmac1267 calls $4 ossciss folds mhj777 folds bohden folds SHINEYHEAD folds KimiRaikkonen raises to $20 gryf777 folds iesche calls $14.47 (all-in) rmac1267 folds Returning $5.53 to KimiRaikkonen uncalled KimiRaikkonen shows [Ac As] iesche shows [Jd Qd] Dealing Flop [2c 7h Kh] Dealing Turn [3c] Dealing River [2h] Taking Rake of $1.75 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen has Two Pairs: Aces, 2s KimiRaikkonen wins $33.69 with: Two Pairs: Aces, 2s

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I called the raise for implied odds as two callers had more chips than me. I hit my hand in a major way which was good, but I think the amount I won makes it a pretty marginal call. If I'm going to call for these implied odds I have to get paid when I do, not so sure I did this here. Maybe needed an A or K on the flop to get better action. Seat 1: KimiRaikkonen - $114.72 Seat 3: bengaboo - $39.55 Seat 4: gryf777 - $193.60 Seat 6: rmac1267 - $43.95 Seat 7: ossciss - $57.98 Seat 8: mhj777 - $184.30 Seat 9: bohden - $153.60 Seat 10: SHINEYHEAD - $86.55 Moving Button to seat 4 rmac1267 posts small blind ($0.50) ossciss posts big blind ($1) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [6h 7h] to KimiRaikkonen mhj777 calls $1 bohden calls $1 SHINEYHEAD calls $1 KimiRaikkonen calls $1 bengaboo raises to $4 gryf777 folds rmac1267 folds ossciss folds mhj777 calls $4 bohden calls $4 SHINEYHEAD folds KimiRaikkonen calls $4 Dealing Flop [7d Jh 7s] mhj777 checks bohden bets $9 KimiRaikkonen calls $9 bengaboo folds mhj777 folds Dealing Turn [2s] bohden checks KimiRaikkonen bets $15 bohden calls $15 Dealing River [8s] bohden checks KimiRaikkonen bets $20 bohden folds Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen doesn't show KimiRaikkonen wins $63.50

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I had 15 outs on the turn so I felt I had to call. To be honest I didn't calculate my odds here (I suck at doing that during the hand), but it felt correct to call as I felt any straight would be the nuts here. Fortunately I got the call at the end to (I was half representing a missed flush draw here) Seat 1: CubaJr - $104.05 Seat 2: XTP44 - $71.73 Seat 3: psysp - $16.25 Seat 4: sifosi - $25.20 Seat 5: KimiRaikkonen - $74 Seat 7: mukinyul - $50 Seat 8: AceDeuce89 - $69.07 Seat 9: 27Nade - $94 Seat 10: sgang - $47.68 Moving Button to seat 10 CubaJr posts small blind ($0.25) XTP44 posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [6d 7d] to KimiRaikkonen psysp folds sifosi folds KimiRaikkonen calls $0.50 mukinyul calls $0.50 AceDeuce89 calls $0.50 27Nade folds sgang folds Player [***NO PLAYER***] brings $12.33 to table [2042537] CubaJr folds XTP44 checks Dealing Flop [8d Jd 6h] XTP44 checks KimiRaikkonen checks mukinyul bets $2.25 AceDeuce89 did not respond in time and is folded AceDeuce89 folds XTP44 folds KimiRaikkonen calls $2.25 Dealing Turn [5c] KimiRaikkonen bets $4 mukinyul raises to $18.75 KimiRaikkonen calls $18.75 Dealing River [9s] KimiRaikkonen bets $52.50 (all-in) mukinyul calls $28.50 (all-in) Returning $24 to KimiRaikkonen uncalled KimiRaikkonen shows [6d 7d] mukinyul shows [Ad Ac] Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen has Straight, 9 high KimiRaikkonen wins $98.25 with: Straight, 9 high

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Yeah, to be honest I didn't think you had much of a case. Can't say you played it badly, he's very loose and that hand was normally good. I think you just have to put it down to a poker incident. It's the nature of his LAG play that you should call there, and that the money he seemingly donks off is won by people paying off those hands. I actaully have him marked as a friend though, against my TAG type game I love him at the table. He gets action going, which gives me good implied odds to play hands and ensures getting paid off when I hit them. I'd lvoe him at my table most of the time. By the way, you seem a bit on tilt to me, so I'd keep up the Hellmuthaments so that you can get paid off with your hands as people think you're tilting. Just be sure to not actually tilt though!

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread

Yeah, to be honest I didn't think you had much of a case. Can't say you played it badly, he's very loose and that hand was normally good. I think you just have to put it down to a poker incident. It's the nature of his LAG play that you should call there, and that the money he seemingly donks off is won by people paying off those hands. I actaully have him marked as a friend though, against my TAG type game I love him at the table. He gets action going, which gives me good implied odds to play hands and ensures getting paid off when I hit them. I'd lvoe him at my table most of the time. By the way, you seem a bit on tilt to me, so I'd keep up the Hellmuthaments so that you can get paid off with your hands as people think you're tilting. Just be sure to not actually tilt though!
True True. I did go on tilt that hand with the 5's normally i wouldn't call a raise of that size on the flop but the straight was in my mind. Like the 'Hellmuthaments' comment btw :lol People take me way too seriously on there, but i guess you can't tell ppls emotions on there ;)

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Lolaments, donkaments, funaments. This is why you calling with KQ was correct, just a shame you were on the wrong side. Seat 1: CubaJr - $102.92 Seat 2: thebuissness - $80.92 Seat 3: psysp - $31.44 Seat 4: Perfexionist - $48.75 Seat 5: KimiRaikkonen - $118.35 Seat 6: bassiebeuker - $24.55 Seat 7: mukinyul - $98.30 Seat 8: AceDeuce89 - $45.36 Seat 9: 27Nade - $60.27 Seat 10: ShiftyShivy - $45 Moving Button to seat 4 KimiRaikkonen posts small blind ($0.25) bassiebeuker posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Kh Ks] to KimiRaikkonen AceDeuce89: i never get the flush mukinyul folds bassiebeuker: poor baby 27Nade: u shud stop playin $*## hands then AceDeuce89 raises to $3 27Nade folds ShiftyShivy folds CubaJr folds thebuissness folds psysp folds Perfexionist folds KimiRaikkonen raises to $10 bassiebeuker folds AceDeuce89 calls $10 Dealing Flop [Qs 8h 6d] KimiRaikkonen bets $20 thebuissness: if he wants to play rubbish thats up to him i dont mind as long as he doesnt hit thebuissness: he he AceDeuce89 raises to $35.36 (all-in) KimiRaikkonen calls $35.36 KimiRaikkonen shows [Kh Ks] AceDeuce89 shows [Kd 7d] Dealing Turn [2c] Dealing River [Jh] Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 AceDeuce89 has High Card: King KimiRaikkonen has One Pair: Kings KimiRaikkonen wins $88.22 with: One Pair: Kings

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Cheers, tonnes of times particularly lately i've folded top pair when i think i'm beat and can't remember a time it was the wrong decision! But of course you've seen me make a few bad calls with top pair :loon Anyway, laying down decent hands is always an improvement! Where do you reckon you've improved most in the last couple of weeks?

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Understanding that the object of the game is to make money, and being able to adjust to doing that, even if it means not playing at all. I don't get hung up on playing poker, thinking that because I have a big hand I have to bet it or play it or cbet because I raised. Unless I have one of the top 3 nots PF, I look to keep pots small until I have what is situationally the nuts or close to it. I play very heavily on implied odds. Aside from that donk session I had yesterday, I don't think I've ever put my whole stack in the middle without the better hand at at the time, and I think that's a result of the style I play, which on practically any other side probably wouldn't be that profitable, but is on PKR. EDIT: There was the time I had trip 4s and ran into trip Aces where I prob should have laid it down and I was behind, but that's just the one time.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Is it that you're on pkr that makes you not get hung up about playing poker or do you just only play to win? Personally when off pkr i love playing poker and working situations but it's not possible to do on pkr. I have to say though that whenever i see you push your stack in i know you've got the pot won - it happens every time!

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I don't always enjoy making decisions, PKR is like a retirement home for easy money. Setting plays etc. is kind of fun, but it can be difficult, and there is easy money on PKR so that's what I work on. Still, you can exercise some good poker on PKR, namely making good lay downs (I.e. laying down AQ on a board of Qxx, when I sensed the other guy had KK) and I feel that perhaps more so on PKR than elswhere will it be important to lay down good looking hands. I'll work on playing some proper poker later, but for now I can very easily build a roll on PKR so that I can sustain losses when I move over elsewhere. And whilst you might know that when I push I've got the pot, nobody else does, which is great :)

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I hate rivers: Button is at seat 3 Seat 1: MrMacavoy - $58.17 Seat 2: ShiftyShivy - $48.50 Seat 3: FingersIan - $26.82 Seat 4: Perfexionist - $55.29 Seat 5: tohumaniac - $50.18 Seat 6: KimiRaikkonen - $79.06 Seat 7: 27Nade - $177.44 Seat 8: Joselinomacalino - $38.06 Seat 9: nuttis - $51.65 Moving Button to seat 4 MrMacavoy: *not MrMacavoy: cant type today tohumaniac posts small blind ($0.25) KimiRaikkonen posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [7s 7d] to KimiRaikkonen 27Nade: UTG 27Nade folds nuttis folds MrMacavoy folds ShiftyShivy folds FingersIan folds Perfexionist folds 27Nade: I cant even play that tohumaniac raises to $2 KimiRaikkonen calls $2 Dealing Flop [6s Ts 8d] tohumaniac bets $4 KimiRaikkonen calls $4 Dealing Turn [9s] tohumaniac bets $12 KimiRaikkonen raises to $73.06 (all-in) tohumaniac calls $44.18 (all-in) Returning $28.88 to KimiRaikkonen uncalled tohumaniac shows [As Tc] KimiRaikkonen shows [7s 7d] Dealing River [7h] 27Nade: oooooo Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen has Straight, 10 high tohumaniac has Straight, 10 high KimiRaikkonen ties, and wins $48.68 with: Straight, 10 high tohumaniac ties, and wins $48.68 with: Straight, 10 high