** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Crouchie's Poker Thread

Crouch Potato

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread What a bizarre return to action. First hand have mid pair Q's with flush draw on the flop, miss the draw and he bets 10 on the river so fold with K and A on the board. One of next hands get pocket 10's get re-raised pre flop the flop brings nothing but a massive bet pushes me out, the turn brings a K, two go all in with ace high and i would have won a mint if i knew they were shit! Then get pocket J's get about 10callers and someone has the nut flush on the flop. Only managed to lose about 10 in all that.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread

I think in this scenario you're going to have to loosen play and be willing to lose a buy in with the knowledge that there's going to be +EV making the call. At least that's what I try to tell myself before wimping out!
Yeh deffo, i've spotted the table is full of donks already. Prepare for action!... Hopefully they'll think i'm loose as hell now after the Ace high show... And maybe you will too ;)... Ok, That bluff cost me a little bit but then again it re-affirmed qjward as the biggest donk in donkeyville with those calls. Not sure on your AK play a min ago, i was willing a re-raise from you but not $20! A smaller raise would have got you the necessary info imo.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Flush and straight draw, anyone on it would call a smaller re-raise. Easy to say now but anyone on either draw calls too so it hardly gives me any more information. Against the donkeys I have to raise more. Nobody respects raises, as evidenced by that AQ v A8. Shouldn't be calling but they are anyway.

I guess the donks are due to hit their outs sooner or later. Annoying when you don't get any solid PF hands (AK isn't solid PF) so you can't put too much pressure on. Ah well' date=' I suppose there's tomorrow.[/quote'] It's deffo a lot tighter now. Join the BoB MTT :ok ...Wait... just got bullets.... Everyone folded to me on the button :loon but luckily the SB called and i made $10 out of him :dude

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Crouchie, crouchie, crouchie... we never really have any battles on the poker table but we came so close to one just then... I was on the verge of calling my king high spade hand but decided the cost was too much in the long run if i start to call with that hand where will it end? Well you made a nice stash out of it, but we came close to a collision then ;) wp :ok

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Very close but hand didn't play out like I wanted. Flopped an open ended straight flush draw, it was my goal to get all the dosh in on the flop, but nobody bet the flop. Btw, good idea to fold the K high flush draw. If it's not Ace high I actually prefer to play the sooted connectors than the k4 sooted etc., you just got more leverage that way. Btw there's a massive value added PKR tournament tonight with the MOB if you read on there.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread It sure is taking it's sweet ass time to get going. Almost an hour now without anything to play with. Runs a bit slow too, not sure I like it, but the overlay made it worthwhile. EDIT: Doubled up last hand before the break. Not that it'll probably matter. One hour and I've got 115 more chips than I started. Not that many eliminated either, I get the feeling this is going to go for a while :(

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Perfect example of playing a mid-high for implied odds value and getting maximum value from it: Table #2021538 - Golden Jewel Starting Hand #101173014 Last Hand #101172687 Game Type: Hold'em Limit Type: No Limit Table Type: Ring Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.10/$0.25 Button is at seat 1 Seat 1: torchiz - $25 Seat 2: KimiRaikkonen - $33.37 Seat 3: Lady0Jade - $50.74 Seat 4: Wahid - $50.60 Seat 5: maverick171 - $45.96 Seat 6: Mogwa1 - $47.61 Seat 7: Gibbyson33 - $22.50 Seat 8: gunnerfrank - $30.05 Seat 9: Perfexionist - $24.32 Seat 10: Zyankali - $79.52 Moving Button to seat 2 Lady0Jade posts small blind ($0.10) maverick171 posts big blind ($0.25) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Jd Jh] to KimiRaikkonen Mogwa1 calls $0.25 Gibbyson33 folds gunnerfrank calls $0.25 Perfexionist calls $0.25 Zyankali folds torchiz calls $0.25 KimiRaikkonen calls $0.25 Lady0Jade calls $0.25 maverick171 checks Dealing Flop [Jc 5d Kh] Lady0Jade checks maverick171 checks Mogwa1 bets $1 gunnerfrank calls $1 Perfexionist has reconnected and has 20 seconds to act Perfexionist folds torchiz folds KimiRaikkonen calls $1 Lady0Jade folds maverick171 folds Dealing Turn [4c] Mogwa1 bets $3 gunnerfrank calls $3 KimiRaikkonen raises to $6 Mogwa1 folds gunnerfrank calls $6 Dealing River [8c] gunnerfrank bets $15 KimiRaikkonen raises to $26.12 (all-in) gunnerfrank calls $22.80 (all-in) Returning $3.32 to KimiRaikkonen uncalled KimiRaikkonen shows [Jd Jh] gunnerfrank shows [8s Ks] Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen has Three of a Kind: Jacks KimiRaikkonen wins $62.35 with: Three of a Kind: Jacks

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread BB Special: Table #2021538 - Golden Jewel Starting Hand #101179672 Last Hand #101179342 Game Type: Hold'em Limit Type: No Limit Table Type: Ring Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.10/$0.25 Button is at seat 8 Seat 1: torchiz - $31.41 Seat 2: KimiRaikkonen - $62.07 Seat 3: Lady0Jade - $54.78 Seat 4: Calamus - $26.80 Seat 5: maverick171 - $29.70 Seat 6: Mogwa1 - $44.51 Seat 7: Gibbyson33 - $17.80 Seat 8: gunnerfrank - $44.02 Seat 9: Perfexionist - $19.06 Seat 10: Zyankali - $83.35 (away from table) Moving Button to seat 9 torchiz posts small blind ($0.10) KimiRaikkonen posts big blind ($0.25) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [6h 5d] to KimiRaikkonen Lady0Jade calls $0.25 Calamus calls $0.25 maverick171 folds Mogwa1 raises to $0.75 Gibbyson33 folds gunnerfrank calls $0.75 Perfexionist calls $0.75 torchiz calls $0.75 KimiRaikkonen calls $0.75 Lady0Jade calls $0.75 Calamus calls $0.75 Dealing Flop [5s 4h 5h] torchiz checks KimiRaikkonen checks Lady0Jade checks Calamus bets $1 Mogwa1 folds gunnerfrank calls $1 Perfexionist folds torchiz calls $1 KimiRaikkonen raises to $8 Lady0Jade folds Calamus folds gunnerfrank calls $8 torchiz folds Dealing Turn [7s] KimiRaikkonen bets $53.32 (all-in) gunnerfrank folds Taking Rake of $1.16 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen doesn't show KimiRaikkonen wins $22.09

A very frustrating session today. I hope you know Nade' date=' I'm out to get you now[/quote'] Lol... i quite enjoyed our little battle ;)... I just got bored of pkr today for the little time i was on, just made a small profit but wasn't feeling it today :\

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I thought so. No disrespect but I thought your re-raise was a little bit of a poor play. It's not often that I'll CR there without an Ace or boat, and even though I was feeling shit today and did so, I don't believe you had any read to believe this was so. To me (after seeing you didn't have an A), it just looked to me like you were bored and raised and hoped, which is something I hope to see next time :)

I thought so. No disrespect but I thought your re-raise was a little bit of a poor play. It's not often that I'll CR there without an Ace or boat' date=' and even though I was feeling shit today and did so, I don't believe you had any read to believe this was so. To me (after seeing you didn't have an A), it just looked to me like you were bored and raised and hoped, which is something I hope to see next time :)[/quote'] I think you forget about all the previous hours of play we've played ;)... TBH i don't really see how it was 'poor play' if i won the hand. You rarely see me do it anyway so surely it's good play to pick and choose my moments as you can't put me on a hand that way, which was the case. I don't think you give me the credit i deserve a lot of the time :tongue2

Err' date=' because you won the hand is definitely not a good reason for it to be a good play. I really really hate that type of reasoning. Anyway, yes, you rarely do it, and I rarely make that play without an ace, which is why I didn't think it was a great move.[/quote'] I think the point is i was feeling good that you didn't have an A so acted accordingly and it worked. I think you're pissed that you, for want of a better expression, were out played on that hand.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread If you felt it fair enough, but I don't really see what tells you had for me not having an ace. Raised PF, checked raise on the flop, I felt I represented the ace and I'm quite surprised you made that play, particularly given some of your other comments on here about me. And as for your reasoning, regardless of whether or not I was in the hand, I still really really hate that reasoning!

If you felt it fair enough, but I don't really see what tells you had for me not having an ace. Raised PF, checked raise on the flop, I felt I represented the ace and I'm quite surprised you made that play, particularly given some of your other comments on here about me. And as for your reasoning, regardless of whether or not I was in the hand, I still really really hate that reasoning!
Put it this way - i've made a shed load better calls then i have bad calls due to my instincts :ok

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Wouldn't normally call this but with so many other callers I felt I'd really get paid off if I hit: Seat 1: freskabollar - $98 Seat 2: FitschiPoker - $70.45 Seat 3: sateenkaari - $413.35 Seat 4: Freelancer69 - $115.65 Seat 6: Dnk12m - $111.52 Seat 7: KimiRaikkonen - $94.50 Seat 8: StevieWard - $89.88 Seat 9: noah01 - $59.55 Seat 10: JAH666 - $99.95 Moving Button to seat 10 freskabollar posts small blind ($0.50) FitschiPoker posts big blind ($1) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [5h 7h] to KimiRaikkonen sateenkaari folds Freelancer69 calls $1 Dnk12m calls $1 KimiRaikkonen calls $1 StevieWard calls $1 noah01 folds JAH666 raises to $4 freskabollar folds FitschiPoker calls $4 Freelancer69 calls $4 Dnk12m folds KimiRaikkonen calls $4 StevieWard calls $4 Dealing Flop [Ah Jc Kh] FitschiPoker checks Freelancer69 checks KimiRaikkonen checks StevieWard checks JAH666 bets $8 FitschiPoker calls $8 Freelancer69 calls $8 KimiRaikkonen calls $8 StevieWard calls $8 Dealing Turn [8h] FitschiPoker checks Freelancer69 checks KimiRaikkonen checks StevieWard checks JAH666 bets $87.95 (all-in) FitschiPoker folds Freelancer69 folds KimiRaikkonen calls $82.50 (all-in) Player [***NO PLAYER***] brings $30 to table [2042377] StevieWard folds Returning $5.45 to JAH666 uncalled KimiRaikkonen shows [5h 7h] JAH666 shows [Qc Ac] Dealing River [6c] Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 JAH666 has One Pair: Aces KimiRaikkonen has Flush, Ace high KimiRaikkonen wins $223.50 with: Flush, Ace high

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread He sure liked me: Seat 1: freskabollar - $97.50 Seat 2: FitschiPoker - $86.10 Seat 3: sateenkaari - $407.35 Seat 4: Freelancer69 - $109 Seat 5: Dirkjl - $24.50 Seat 6: Dnk12m - $108.37 Seat 7: KimiRaikkonen - $222 Seat 8: StevieWard - $76.88 Seat 9: noah01 - $38.55 Seat 10: JAH666 - $26.65 Moving Button to seat 7 StevieWard posts small blind ($0.50) noah01 posts big blind ($1) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Kh Kd] to KimiRaikkonen JAH666 calls $1 freskabollar folds FitschiPoker folds sateenkaari calls $1 Freelancer69 folds Dirkjl calls $1 Dnk12m calls $1 KimiRaikkonen raises to $10 StevieWard folds noah01 folds JAH666 raises to $19 sateenkaari folds Dirkjl folds Dnk12m folds KimiRaikkonen raises to $28 JAH666 calls $26.65 (all-in) Returning $1.35 to KimiRaikkonen uncalled KimiRaikkonen shows [Kh Kd] JAH666 shows [Kc 3s] Dealing Flop [3d Js Qh] Dealing Turn [2d] Dealing River [8s] Taking Rake of $2.85 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen has One Pair: Kings KimiRaikkonen wins $54.95 with: One Pair: Kings