** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Crouchie's Poker Thread

Crouch Potato

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Lol! The guys not gonna change his style from what i say- he's still raise raise raise lol! Think i'll put 'sitting,waiting,wishing' by jack johnson on...same principle applies!... :tongue2

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread The main problem with playing acedeuce is the starting hands because you dunno whether to wait for a big'un and hit him or call with anything. I would have called more with my stack but the cards have been poor! He will lose that buy-in to someone soon.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread At this point in time, I KNEW that I had no pot odds, and implied odds are irrelevant here. But nonetheless I felt it was too big a pot to leave, and hey, I was due a suckout wasn't I? Ironically enough, it's AA I cracked!! Button is at seat 6 Seat 2: 27Nade - $300.88 Seat 3: EBIHAL - $115.81 Seat 4: Toolkit - $50.17 Seat 5: Yakitori - $34.06 Seat 6: BurKaBU - $65.39 Seat 7: AceDeuce89 - $103.32 Seat 8: psysp - $69.30 Seat 9: KimiRaikkonen - $36.50 Seat 10: luccio - $64.60 Moving Button to seat 7 psysp posts small blind ($0.25) KimiRaikkonen posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [8d 8c] to KimiRaikkonen luccio folds 27Nade folds EBIHAL calls $0.50 Toolkit calls $0.50 Yakitori calls $0.50 BurKaBU raises to $3 AceDeuce89 raises to $5.50 psysp folds KimiRaikkonen calls $5.50 EBIHAL calls $5.50 Toolkit calls $5.50 Yakitori folds BurKaBU raises to $35 AceDeuce89 calls $35 KimiRaikkonen: feeling lucky :) KimiRaikkonen raises to $36.50 (all-in) EBIHAL folds 27Nade: massive pot Toolkit calls $36.50 BurKaBU: =)) BurKaBU calls $36.50 AceDeuce89 calls $36.50 Dealing Flop [4c 7s 2h] Toolkit checks BurKaBU bets $28.89 (all-in) BurKaBU: eee AceDeuce89 calls $28.89 Toolkit calls $13.67 (all-in) Toolkit shows [Jd As] BurKaBU shows [Ad Ah] AceDeuce89 shows [9h Qc] KimiRaikkonen shows [8d 8c] Dealing Turn [5h] Dealing River [6c] KimiRaikkonen: not so lucky now :) Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 BurKaBU has One Pair: Aces BurKaBU wins $30.44 from side pot #2 with: One Pair: Aces BurKaBU wins $41.01 from side pot #1 with: One Pair: Aces KimiRaikkonen has Straight, 8 high KimiRaikkonen wins $149.25 with: Straight, 8 high

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I told you when you push you win!! :lol :clap An amazing call but amazing luck too .. vs the Aces which we were discussing :lol:rollin:lol:rollin May i celebrate at taking deuces remaning stack!! :cheers:lol :dude I thought he had ace high so i was dominating but he turned over a scary hand with the 10's and i celebrated when the A came down on the turn just like when someone wins a showdown at the WSOP - Grunt and bang the table :lol I LOVE how we just dominated the table AGAIN :dude:dude

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Funny thing is, I at some point decided I'd stop rebuying to the full buy in (to increase my implied odds) and instead sacrifice a buy in trying to exploit a tell I have on Ace. Unfortunately position never really allowed me to make a play, but due to not rebuying it got to the point where I felt that there's wasn't too much to lose and so I could just go all-in and try and suck out (I had a goodish feeling about the hand which helped). Had I been full buy-in (I was $14 short) I would have won I think $42 more...well at least that's what I kinda thought looking back, but had I been at full buy-in I'd probably have folded. It's funny how those things work out.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread

Yeh i noticed you stopped re-buying :\' date=' as you say though it worked out! That whole hand was laced in irony all over![/quote'] I'll share with you because I'm nice :tongue2 When's he's raising to be loose, he raises $3. When he has a hand (So far I think a hand is A10s or better, but not 22) then he raises $5. When he raises $3, come over the top all-in. With a full buy-in this play is probably a bit wreckless but with a smaller buy-in I thought I'd give it a go (not with any hand, but a wider ranger of hands). So anyway, that's what I was going to do, but acting 2 positions after him meant I always had lots of people to act behind me so I never got to try it. In the end, calling with 88 when I had rather reduced implied odds probably didn't make too much sense, but it's kind of instinctive with me. In the end, the pot had about $100 in it and I committed $35. Not sure on my odds to win the hand there, but up against AA I think I am a 21% chance, so given the other cards I think maybe a 15% chance? Either way I wasn't getting proper odds but in the moment it just felt like a pot that had to be played :\ Funnily enough though, if I was playing tighter and had KK there, I'd fold instantly, and even replaying the hand, I'd prefer to have 88 than KK in that position! So yeah, you now have a bigger tell on Ace deuce, $5 raises are to be respected more hehe. Of course, you probably noticed anyway!

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Can i just say i acted on that info - he raised to 10 i put him all in, only problem was in-between some muppet decided to call 30 hoping for a card though he did have a few outs its still $30, now im pissed off, not at you though because it was the right info lol.:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

Can i just say i acted on that info - he raised to 10 i put him all in' date=' only problem was in-between some muppet decided to call 30 hoping for a card though he did have a few outs its still $30, now im pissed off, not at you though because it was the right info lol.:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@[/quote'] Yeah that was unlucky, it's why I couldn't really try it, because you never know what's going on in between.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread You know, as I said earlier there's nothing better than easy money. Having said that though, I'm pretty proud of the tell I picked up on Ace and I was able to use that to advantage here. He didn't cbet on flop or turn so I don't believe he connected at all, and when he bet on the river I felt that I had to call as I was getting 4-1 on my money to be right. The danger was somebody else having a hand. Thankfully they didn't: Button is at seat 3 Seat 1: MingGinGusset - $50.53 Seat 2: 27Nade - $289.04 Seat 3: EBIHAL - $127.03 Seat 4: Toolkit - $75.04 Seat 5: Yakitori - $124.30 Seat 6: BurKaBU - $22.04 Seat 7: AceDeuce89 - $50 Seat 8: invisage - $36.32 Seat 9: KimiRaikkonen - $165.38 Seat 10: luccio - $84.79 Moving Button to seat 4 Yakitori posts small blind ($0.25) BurKaBU posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [7s 7d] to KimiRaikkonen Toolkit: cause i folded a lot earlier? part of the plan :D AceDeuce89 raises to $3 invisage folds KimiRaikkonen calls $3 luccio calls $3 MingGinGusset folds 27Nade calls $3 EBIHAL folds Toolkit calls $3 Yakitori calls $3 BurKaBU folds Dealing Flop [6d 8s 4d] Yakitori checks AceDeuce89 checks KimiRaikkonen checks luccio checks 27Nade checks Toolkit checks Dealing Turn [2h] Yakitori checks AceDeuce89 checks KimiRaikkonen checks luccio checks 27Nade checks Toolkit checks Dealing River [4h] Yakitori checks AceDeuce89 bets $5 KimiRaikkonen calls $5 luccio folds 27Nade folds Toolkit folds Yakitori folds Taking Rake of $1.42 from pot 1 AceDeuce89 shows [7c As] AceDeuce89 has One Pair: 4s KimiRaikkonen shows [7s 7d] KimiRaikkonen has Two Pairs: 7s, 4s KimiRaikkonen wins $27.08 with: Two Pairs: 7s, 4s

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I have to say it's a pretty class read which i hadn't noticed but now you say it he is raising 3 everytime! :notworthy Thought i just played that hand a bit dodgy but i was first to act with the flush draw so wanted to put him under pressure or i reckon he would have gone way OTT. He had nothing as usual though! And also what an idiot that brku or whatever his name is warning acedeuce. but then again the guy don't listen! I have a feeling he's a millionaire just having some fun :ok

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread He's a Norwegian, I guess LAG is their style. I think he got quite lucky when he had his $700 run and now he thinks it's a great style, and so he keeps with it. But yeah, Brku is an idiot, and now I'm glad I cracked his AA even more! Just had AQ then (When ace had J6). I knew I could dominate him but with the other players to act behind I was too cautious and only called, and so they did too and I didn't win the pot and Ming won a big one (she prob would have folded if I had the balls to raise.). Essentially with Ace raising every pot I am playing UTG+1 all the time which makes it very hard to use my tell too often. Also, with raises $3 and his stack only $50, it makes implied odds a bit more reduced, and whilst the other callers hoping to bust him help, they're unlikely to commit too much money which is making things difficult atm. I can't really justify an implied odds correct call too often atm.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I was going to look to isolate Acedeuce here but with Ming raising and a big stack calling I had to be careful. A bet of strength was needed here on the flop. If they move back I know they probably have a stronger hand and I should fold, otherwise they fold as I hope they do and Ace even gives me some action. Pretty sure he didn't connect as he cbets when he does. Button is at seat 4 Seat 1: MingGinGusset - $102.56 Seat 2: 27Nade - $301.21 Seat 3: EBIHAL - $90.03 Seat 4: Toolkit - $50.29 Seat 5: Yakitori - $126.72 Seat 6: mrpisaac - $9.50 Seat 7: AceDeuce89 - $51.71 Seat 8: invisage - $45.94 Seat 9: KimiRaikkonen - $180.71 Seat 10: luccio - $59.69 Moving Button to seat 5 mrpisaac posts small blind ($0.25) AceDeuce89 posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Qs Qh] to KimiRaikkonen invisage folds KimiRaikkonen calls $0.50 luccio folds MingGinGusset raises to $2.50 27Nade folds EBIHAL folds Toolkit folds Yakitori calls $2.50 mrpisaac folds AceDeuce89 raises to $5 KimiRaikkonen calls $5 MingGinGusset calls $5 Yakitori calls $5 Dealing Flop [7d 9c 2s] AceDeuce89 checks KimiRaikkonen bets $15 MingGinGusset folds Yakitori folds AceDeuce89 calls $15 Dealing Turn [4s] Toolkit: pair of seven again kimmi? AceDeuce89 checks KimiRaikkonen bets $66.66 AceDeuce89 folds Taking Rake of $2.51 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen shows [Qs Qh] KimiRaikkonen has One Pair: Queens KimiRaikkonen: QQ KimiRaikkonen wins $47.74 -------------------- Also, did you see him just raise $5 a couple of times? Was an easy fold!!

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread ?!){Aces watch update ;) #078 Me 55, Him AA, Me win $63.78 #198 Me AA, Him 77, Me win $14.19 #361 Me 99, Him AA, Me win $200.72 #367 Me AA, Him AJ, He wins $27.72 #410 Me KQ, Him AA, Me win $130.83 #466 Me AA, Him QJ, Me win $33.69 #468 Me 67, Him AA, Me win $92.25 #500 Me AA, Him T8, Me win $29.40 #520 Me A6, Him AA, Me win $141.17 #551 Me 88, Him AA,AJ,Q9, Me win $149.25 :clap:clap

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Hmm, he only raised $3 here and he had a real hand. I think this 'tell' of mine needs a cautious review (but it's worked ok so far too - however, noticed he connected and cbet the flop, i think that's still a tell!). I really feared Ming here too, but I didn't believe acedeuce had a hand, and felt that any risk of Ming having AQ or 33 was ok because ace's "dead money" (how i viewed it at the time) would make it a +EV play. My read here was wrong but the result was right: Button is at seat 2 Seat 1: MingGinGusset - $96.81 Seat 2: 27Nade - $293.96 Seat 3: EBIHAL - $71.32 Seat 4: Toolkit - $16.01 Seat 5: Yakitori - $117.72 Seat 6: mrpisaac - $36.98 Seat 7: AceDeuce89 - $68.67 Seat 8: invisage - $45.19 Seat 9: KimiRaikkonen - $207.20 Seat 10: luccio - $56.19 Moving Button to seat 3 Toolkit posts small blind ($0.25) Yakitori posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Ac Kh] to KimiRaikkonen mrpisaac folds AceDeuce89 raises to $3 invisage folds KimiRaikkonen calls $3 luccio calls $3 MingGinGusset calls $3 27Nade folds EBIHAL folds Toolkit folds Yakitori calls $3 Dealing Flop [As 3c Qd] Yakitori checks AceDeuce89 bets $5 KimiRaikkonen raises to $10 luccio folds MingGinGusset raises to $30 Yakitori folds AceDeuce89 raises to $65.67 (all-in) KimiRaikkonen raises to $204.20 (all-in) MingGinGusset calls $93.81 (all-in) Returning $110.39 to KimiRaikkonen uncalled MingGinGusset shows [4h 4d] AceDeuce89 shows [Ad Kd] KimiRaikkonen shows [Ac Kh] Dealing Turn [6d] Dealing River [5h] Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen has One Pair: Aces KimiRaikkonen wins $56.28 from side pot #1 with: One Pair: Aces AceDeuce89 has One Pair: Aces KimiRaikkonen ties, and wins $104.63 with: One Pair: Aces AceDeuce89 ties, and wins $104.63 with: One Pair: Aces

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I like the last play as we know what he's like - top pair is the most he ever has so it was the right play. Had to laugh at the lass thought she had 3's! I've done that before :lol But not for that much! :loon Cya.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Right now I feel I have more to lose than gain, so I'm leaving the table (not actually getting lunch, but trying to not make it look like I'm just leaving with aces' money and not coming back!). Finished with a stack of $271. I did rebuy a bit though, so maybe invested $80-$90 in total, and by all rights I should probably be down that much. But then I should have been up twice that earlier, so I guess it evens itself out! Coincidentally, two points:

• For most of my winning session, I was listening to "Read my Mind" by the Killers. I read Aces' mind lol.
  • I had a new pink shirt and won!!!

Right now I feel I have more to lose than gain, so I'm leaving the table (not actually getting lunch, but trying to not make it look like I'm just leaving with aces' money and not coming back!). Finished with a stack of $271. I did rebuy a bit though, so maybe invested $80-$90 in total, and by all rights I should probably be down that much. But then I should have been up twice that earlier, so I guess it evens itself out! Coincidentally, two points: For most of my winning session, I was listening to "Read my Mind" by the Killers. I read Aces' mind lol. I had a new pink shirt and won!!!
Yeh, i might leave in a bit but as you saw with that 8 boat on the turn im still getting that bit of luck! That's a quality album btw. And i told ya so re. the clothes!! So that was my great insight for the night :lol Cheers man for the knowledge :ok

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Crouchie... look at this beauty.... as soon as you're gone i'm winning again! ;) Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.25/$0.50 Button is at seat 10 Seat 1: djl8888 - $6.50 Seat 2: 27Nade - $334.96 Seat 3: EBIHAL - $68.32 Seat 4: Toolkit - $32.32 Seat 5: Yakitori - $117.45 Seat 6: mrpisaac - $31.73 Seat 7: AceDeuce89 - $33.93 Seat 8: invisage - $118.56 Seat 9: Veej0912 - $50 Seat 10: luccio - $29.24 Moving Button to seat 1 27Nade posts small blind ($0.25) EBIHAL posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [4s 4c] to 27Nade Toolkit calls $0.50 Yakitori calls $0.50 mrpisaac folds AceDeuce89 calls $0.50 invisage folds luccio calls $0.50 djl8888 calls $0.50 27Nade calls $0.50 EBIHAL checks Dealing Flop [8h Ks 4d] 27Nade checks EBIHAL checks Toolkit folds Yakitori checks AceDeuce89 checks luccio checks djl8888 bets $1.50 27Nade calls $1.50 EBIHAL folds Yakitori calls $1.50 AceDeuce89 calls $1.50 luccio raises to $6 djl8888 calls $6 (all-in) 27Nade raises to $10.50 Yakitori raises to $15 AceDeuce89 calls $15 luccio calls $15 27Nade calls $15 Dealing Turn [2h] 27Nade checks Yakitori checks AceDeuce89 checks luccio bets $13.74 (all-in) 27Nade calls $13.74 Yakitori raises to $27.48 AceDeuce89 folds 27Nade calls $27.48 Dealing River [As] 27Nade checks Yakitori bets $30 27Nade calls $30 Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 Yakitori shows [Kd 4h] Yakitori has Two Pairs: Kings, 4s 27Nade shows [4s 4c] 27Nade has Three of a Kind: 4s 27Nade wins $87.48 from side pot #2 with: Three of a Kind: 4s luccio mucks 27Nade wins $77.22 from side pot #1 with: Three of a Kind: 4s djl8888 mucks 27Nade wins $30.50 with: Three of a Kind: 4s 27Nade: wow Seat 1: djl8888 - $0 Seat 2: 27Nade - $457.18 Seat 3: EBIHAL - $67.82 Seat 4: Toolkit - $31.82 Seat 5: Yakitori - $44.47 Seat 6: mrpisaac - $31.73 Seat 7: AceDeuce89 - $18.43 Seat 8: invisage - $118.56 Seat 9: Veej0912 - $50 Seat 10: luccio - $0 luccio: lol End Of Hand #103306841 Only reason i didn't push vak the last 30 was purely down to possibility of over set as he was betting a lot and i was happy with the pot as it was tbh! :cheers :dude:dude

Wow' date=' very very nice. I could always come back if you like :P[/quote'] The gr8 thing about this pot is i started with $50 and just worked up and up so made $400 :loon:loon . And to think a matter of hrs ago i said i lost all my profit again! :spank. Will carry on for a lil bit longer and just play if i flop a sick hand. Deuce is tightening up now! lol.