** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Crouchie's Poker Thread

Crouch Potato

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Ok, I limped here hoping to come over the top if somebody raised, but the raise didn't feel right so I just called. Quite a lay down IMO: Seat 1: Seylo - $78.03 Seat 2: shovar - $57.40 Seat 3: CubaJr - $65.77 Seat 4: Perfexionist - $74.51 Seat 5: tohumaniac - $47.25 Seat 6: KimiRaikkonen - $56.95 Seat 7: Fireweasel - $67.62 Seat 8: Brayman - $20 Seat 9: LoneWolf001 - $52.79 Seat 10: flo9901 - $33.75 Moving Button to seat 3 Perfexionist posts small blind ($0.25) tohumaniac posts big blind ($0.50) Brayman posts $0.50 Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Kh Kd] to KimiRaikkonen KimiRaikkonen calls $0.50 Fireweasel folds Perfexionist: winning on pair of 3's now lol Brayman checks LoneWolf001 calls $0.50 flo9901 calls $0.50 Seylo folds shovar calls $0.50 Brayman: Are you up or down? CubaJr raises to $4 Perfexionist: up of course Perfexionist folds tohumaniac folds KimiRaikkonen calls $4 Brayman: yeah right'o Brayman folds LoneWolf001 folds flo9901 calls $4 shovar folds Dealing Flop [Jd 3d 3s] KimiRaikkonen checks flo9901 bets $4 Perfexionist: only 24 tho was at 110 earlier CubaJr raises to $30 KimiRaikkonen folds flo9901 calls $29.75 (all-in) Returning $0.25 to CubaJr uncalled CubaJr shows [As Ah] flo9901 shows [8d 4d] Dealing Turn [9s] Dealing River [7h] Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 CubaJr has Two Pairs: Aces, 3s CubaJr wins $70.75 with: Two Pairs: Aces, 3s

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I don't know how you managed that but excellent play! :clap The only thing which would have put me off calling would be the flush draw but i would have taken my chances and lost a stack! WP :ok

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Cheers guys. I had him on a pretty narrow range of AA/KK/QQ/AK and possibly AQ or JJ. With AK he would generally check so I let him act before I committed and with the way he raised I was behind to all but one hand I could put him on, so it was probably an easier fold in the end. After spending about 4hrs playing today and not achieving a thing, I can at least finish the session feeling good about at least one play today.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Yeah, it's been a strange session - you've played super super super super tight whilst my big winning hands have all come from completely rubbish cards and it seemed whenever i got a decent hand i lost :lol

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Well, I've kept playing since, and I just got a bit of a reward for my earlier lay down of KK. To be honest this is probably the worst session (in terms of $/hr) I've had this week, but thanks to this pot I'm well up, and the cards didn't really fall my way, so I think I can be proud that I finished up given some of the hands that could have got me in trouble. Button is at seat 7 Seat 1: KimiRaikkonen - $67.94 Seat 2: Trophy1200 - $144.82 Seat 3: tohumaniac - $67.26 Seat 4: Blazer11 - $47.74 Seat 5: TheLegend18 - $10 Seat 6: 27Nade - $71.73 Seat 7: JonLi - $84.54 Seat 8: psysp - $72.10 Seat 9: stewie999 - $23.78 Seat 10: Joselinomacalino - $128.16 Moving Button to seat 8 stewie999 posts small blind ($0.25) Joselinomacalino posts big blind ($0.50) TheLegend18 posts $0.50 Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Jd Jh] to KimiRaikkonen KimiRaikkonen calls $0.50 Trophy1200 calls $0.50 tohumaniac folds Blazer11 folds TheLegend18 checks 27Nade calls $0.50 JonLi folds psysp folds stewie999 calls $0.50 Joselinomacalino checks Dealing Flop [Ks Jc Js] stewie999 checks Joselinomacalino checks KimiRaikkonen checks Trophy1200 checks TheLegend18 bets $2 27Nade folds stewie999 calls $2 Joselinomacalino calls $2 KimiRaikkonen calls $2 Trophy1200 folds Dealing Turn [Kh] stewie999 checks Joselinomacalino checks KimiRaikkonen checks TheLegend18 checks Dealing River [4h] stewie999 checks Joselinomacalino bets $10 KimiRaikkonen raises to $65.44 (all-in) psysp: tohu, hast frei morgen? TheLegend18 folds stewie999 folds Joselinomacalino calls $65.44 KimiRaikkonen shows [Jd Jh] Joselinomacalino shows [Kc 3h] Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen has Four of a kind: Jacks KimiRaikkonen wins $138.88 with: Four of a kind: Jacks

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread A dream hand really :cheers Not much to say as you played it perfectly. I'm 100% telling the truth though when i say if i'd had a king i would have laid it down after your all-in simply because i know your obsession with the rake and you wouldn't 'feed' it like! If i was on tilt then i would have called though tbh, but anyway it's not a tell it's just common sense from what i know about your thoughts on the rake lol.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread

A dream hand really :cheers Not much to say as you played it perfectly. I'm 100% telling the truth though when i say if i'd had a king i would have laid it down after your all-in simply because i know your obsession with the rake and you wouldn't 'feed' it like! If i was on tilt then i would have called though tbh, but anyway it's not a tell it's just common sense from what i know about your thoughts on the rake lol.
:lol Yes, I do wonder if my talking can sometimes give off info. For the record though, if I hold a king in this hand I probably make the same play, because there's a chance he could be making the same play with a J and make a loose call ;) It's when the board is like KhQdJs10c9d holding an Ace in the hand that I hate the all in move.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread That might have been a bit kamikaze but i doubt anyone is really clever enough on there to slow play quads! Can't believe that fool played the 67! He re-raised before the flop with 67, bet 2 then called 4 on the flop with the flush draw! bets another 4 on the turn then puts his last $3 on the river when he hits his nut straight! I had 67, and all logic told me to throw it away never mind raising with the hand! I despair sometimes! :wall Is it my fault or his?

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Seat 1: KimiRaikkonen - $137.13 Seat 2: Trophy1200 - $144.66 Seat 3: tohumaniac - $84.84 Seat 4: Blazer11 - $44.74 Seat 5: TheLegend18 - $15.62 Seat 6: 27Nade - $65.98 Seat 7: BUTTERS26 - $12.75 Seat 8: psysp - $67.60 Seat 9: stewie999 - $0 (away from table) Seat 10: Joselinomacalino - $63.95 Moving Button to seat 6 BUTTERS26 posts small blind ($0.25) psysp posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Js 5d] to KimiRaikkonen Joselinomacalino calls $0.50 KimiRaikkonen folds Trophy1200 calls $0.50 tohumaniac folds Blazer11 folds TheLegend18 raises to $1 27Nade calls $1 BUTTERS26 raises to $1.50 psysp folds Joselinomacalino calls $1.50 Trophy1200 calls $1.50 TheLegend18 calls $1.50 27Nade calls $1.50 $7 pot Dealing Flop [Ts 4h 5h] BUTTERS26 bets $2 Joselinomacalino raises to $4 Trophy1200 folds TheLegend18 calls $4 $17 pot 27Nade folds Ok at this point I think you are getting just over 4-1 on your money. There are two hearts on the board and there's a good chance somebody is calling to hit one, so you have six clean outs (non heart 3 or 8). I think you are about 14% to hit one of these cards on the turn. Do you have sufficient implied odds here? Obviously you don't have pot odds, but how much money extra can you get in if you hit on the turn? The legend and Butters at this point have only about $5 more to contribute in the pot. I think to make a call profitable here you have to be very sure that Jose pays you off. IMO it's a correct fold, but if Butters and The Legend have much deeper stacks, then at some point I believe it'd be correct to call.

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Nice analysis, but i really don't think i'd ever call that hand on the turn or river for those prices with the flush draw it never entered my mind to call. Frustrated that that appalling play from butters paid off! Let's face it if i'm calling on the turn or river with hands like that i'm gonna lose a load more then i win.

Nice analysis' date=' but i really don't think i'd ever call that hand on the turn or river for those prices with the flush draw it never entered my mind to call. Frustrated that that appalling play from butters paid off! Let's face it if i'm calling on the turn or river with hands like that i'm gonna lose a load more then i win.[/quote'] Personally, I believe if you only call when it would appear correct to (I.e. Implied Odds) then it can be profitable. Here is an example from earlier in the thread. Again there is a flush draw on the board and I call to hit my straight. Not quite the same price but in this kind of scenaro the only factor IMO is implied odds. Limit Type: No Limit Table Type: Ring Money Type: REAL MONEY Blinds are now $0.25/$0.50 Button is at seat 8 Seat 1: KimiRaikkonen - $54.14 Seat 2: djl8888 - $9.50 Seat 3: EVILBET - $36.75 Seat 4: 27Nade - $71.96 Seat 5: KaBaTuff - $64.86 Seat 6: Daveco - $33.75 Seat 7: Dranziel - $28.32 Seat 8: Monster31 - $80.49 Seat 9: iesche - $30.38 Seat 10: mantisman - $13.83 Moving Button to seat 9 mantisman posts small blind ($0.25) KimiRaikkonen posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [5s 4d] to KimiRaikkonen djl8888 raises to $1 EVILBET calls $1 27Nade folds KaBaTuff folds Daveco folds Dranziel folds Monster31 folds iesche calls $1 mantisman calls $1 KimiRaikkonen calls $1 Dealing Flop [9c 3d 6d] mantisman checks KimiRaikkonen checks djl8888 bets $2 EVILBET calls $2 iesche folds mantisman folds KimiRaikkonen calls $2 Dealing Turn [7h] KimiRaikkonen checks djl8888 bets $0.50 EVILBET raises to $6.50 KimiRaikkonen raises to $51.14 (all-in) djl8888 folds EVILBET calls $33.75 (all-in) Returning $17.39 to KimiRaikkonen uncalled KimiRaikkonen shows [5s 4d] EVILBET shows [6c 3c] Dealing River [Qc] Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen has Straight, 7 high KimiRaikkonen wins $76 with: Straight, 7 high

Difference in styles really, although it was double the bet on yours it's really unlikely i'd even called the $2 but hey-ho! BTW.... Either come play poker or go to bed and stop number crunchin' :tongue2 :ok
Lol, I'm on a grub break, as you so eloquantly put it :tongue2 I'm not feeling too sharp either so I'm just analyzing my game here and watching the Aussie Millions on Poker tube. Starting playing PKR cash games at the start of this month with a balance of $140. That's now up to $920, and I think about a week ago I was down to $190, so things have gone well this week :ok

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Ok fella. Poker tube is a god send - i can watch the rest of High Stakes Poker :notworthy:notworthy (which im doing now)! That's an amazing return in a week :eek i guess your analysis pays off ;). I started with about $180, been up and down every day, woke up this morning thinking if i get back in decent profit then i'll quit pkr (said that 3/4times now) now i've doubled my balance in a day and may carry on... lol :ok

Ok fella. Poker tube is a god send - i can watch the rest of High Stakes Poker :notworthy:notworthy (which im doing now)! That's an amazing return in a week :eek i guess your analysis pays off ;). I started with about $180, been up and down every day, woke up this morning thinking if i get back in decent profit then i'll quit pkr (said that 3/4times now) now i've doubled my balance in a day and may carry on... lol :ok
I can honestly say that if making money is your #1 priority then you should absolutely keep playing on PKR. I can't imagine there's any other site with so many fish. If you're feeling Poker ansy I'd suggest going and playing some tournaments where you have more freedom, but stick with PKR for making money. There's plenty of time to play tough, grinding poker later, now is the time to take advantage of the fish :beer

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread I hate aces. Always feeling obligated to play them defensively and they rarely win a big pot. I guess a small pot is still good though, but I prefer to use implied odds: Seat 1: PHATPAT82 - $66.15 Seat 2: DOMINO30 - $6.12 Seat 3: VMax951 - $48 Seat 4: Perfexionist - $277.95 Seat 5: Shamran - $32.01 Seat 6: Daedalus44 - $18.22 Seat 7: Lady0Jade - $57.39 Seat 8: allin2bluff - $159.59 Seat 9: KimiRaikkonen - $50 Seat 10: SSSHoon - $7.47 Moving Button to seat 7 allin2bluff posts small blind ($0.25) KimiRaikkonen posts big blind ($0.50) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Ac As] to KimiRaikkonen SSSHoon raises to $1 PHATPAT82 calls $1 DOMINO30 folds VMax951 folds Perfexionist folds Shamran calls $1 Daedalus44 folds Lady0Jade calls $1 allin2bluff calls $1 KimiRaikkonen raises to $7 SSSHoon calls $7 PHATPAT82 folds Shamran calls $7 Perfexionist: go bullet kimi lol Lady0Jade folds allin2bluff calls $7 Dealing Flop [Qs 7d 3c] allin2bluff checks KimiRaikkonen bets $43 (all-in) SSSHoon calls $0.47 (all-in) SSSHoon: i have to its onl 47 cent more Shamran folds Perfexionist: lol allin2bluff folds Returning $42.53 to KimiRaikkonen uncalled KimiRaikkonen shows [Ac As] SSSHoon shows [Tc 8c] Dealing Turn [Jd] SSSHoon: i drawing dead though Dealing River [Jc] Taking Rake of $1.54 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen has Two Pairs: Aces, Jacks KimiRaikkonen wins $29.40 with: Two Pairs: Aces, Jacks

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Haven't put a hand in here in a bit but i think this is worth it... I was just thinking a couple of hands before this when i had pocket 3's that i haven't hit a set on the flop in yonks! ... Dealing Cards Dealing [9h 9d] to 27Nade Stern9 folds LoneWolf001 calls $0.50 ssdexter folds svalvo calls $0.50 27Nade raises to $2 craiglea2000 folds Dihan calls $2 darkeyez folds gecko23 calls $2 LoneWolf001 calls $2 svalvo calls $2 Dealing Flop [9c 9s 3s] gecko23 checks LoneWolf001 checks svalvo checks 27Nade checks Dihan bets $7.33 (all-in) gecko23 folds LoneWolf001 calls $7.33 svalvo folds 27Nade calls $7.33 Dealing Turn [Ah] LoneWolf001 checks 27Nade bets $5 LoneWolf001 calls $5 Dealing River [6s] Dihan: wooooow LoneWolf001 bets $3 27Nade raises to $20 Player [***NO PLAYER***] brings $24 to table [2065592] LoneWolf001 calls $18.95 (all-in) Returning $1.05 to 27Nade uncalled LoneWolf001 shows [7s 5s] 27Nade shows [9h 9d] Dihan shows [Jd Js] Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 27Nade has Four of a kind: 9s Dihan: woooooooooow 27Nade: wait till u see this... 27Nade wins $47.90 from side pot #1 with: Four of a kind: 9s 27Nade wins $29.24 with: Four of a kind: 9s Seat 1: LoneWolf001 - $0 Seat 2: ssdexter - $27.83 Seat 3: svalvo - $27.07 Seat 4: 27Nade - $124.45 Seat 5: SmokinKings - $24 Seat 6: craiglea2000 - $74.23 Seat 7: Dihan - $0 Seat 8: darkeyez - $14.51 Seat 9: gecko23 - $19.75 Seat 10: Stern9 - $83.94 Dihan: oh NH!! End Of Hand #102736140 The raise PF was the get as few people as possible to be up against, not something i normally do but it's good to vary the play but i wasn't happy with 4callers! I thought wolf was going for the flush so i tried to represent the ace on the turn, but just enough for him to call with the pot as big as it was and the lovely spade came onthe river. Quads are not too hard to play really but this is one example. :dude

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Nice play there. Not so fun river here: Button is at seat 3 Seat 1: sman999 - $0 (away from table) Seat 2: FitschiPoker - $80.20 Seat 3: QueenNine - $108.55 Seat 4: SHINEYHEAD - $168.11 Seat 5: KimiRaikkonen - $103.40 Seat 6: teddykhan - $171.60 Seat 8: Benne561 - $11.65 Seat 9: bengaboo - $27.05 Seat 10: loghead4 - $76.40 Moving Button to seat 4 KimiRaikkonen posts small blind ($0.50) teddykhan posts big blind ($1) Shuffling Deck Dealing Cards Dealing [Qh Qc] to KimiRaikkonen Player [sman999] rebuys $37.70 Benne561 folds bengaboo folds loghead4 folds FitschiPoker raises to $4 QueenNine folds SHINEYHEAD calls $4 KimiRaikkonen calls $4 teddykhan calls $4 Dealing Flop [2c 9c Ts] KimiRaikkonen checks teddykhan checks FitschiPoker bets $10 SHINEYHEAD folds KimiRaikkonen raises to $40 teddykhan folds FitschiPoker calls $40 Dealing Turn [8h] KimiRaikkonen bets $40 FitschiPoker calls $36.20 (all-in) Returning $3.80 to KimiRaikkonen uncalled FitschiPoker shows [Jc Jh] KimiRaikkonen shows [Qh Qc] Dealing River [7d] Taking Rake of $3 from pot 1 KimiRaikkonen has One Pair: Queens FitschiPoker has Straight, Jack high FitschiPoker wins $165.40 with: Straight, Jack high

Re: Crouchie's Poker Thread Expanding on your quad 9's hand, very well played, in particularly knowing the flush draw and betting with this information to advantage. Still not convinced about wanting to get 99 up against as few people as possible though. It's not the greatest ring game hand and if you had properly suceeded in driving them out it's quite possible that you wouldn't have got as much action as you did, which is why I'm such a big advocate of trying to extract implied odds in this type of situation. Wish Pokertracker worked with PKR, I'd love to know just what % of the time I put the money in with the best hand, and the number of times I've been rivered in relation to my % favourite. Twice in two days a river 7 has killed me when I had been an 80%+ favourite! Not sure I'll be on the PKR today, it's looking like one of those days!

Expanding on your quad 9's hand, very well played, in particularly knowing the flush draw and betting with this information to advantage. Still not convinced about wanting to get 99 up against as few people as possible though. It's not the greatest ring game hand and if you had properly suceeded in driving them out it's quite possible that you wouldn't have got as much action as you did, which is why I'm such a big advocate of trying to extract implied odds in this type of situation. Wish Pokertracker worked with PKR, I'd love to know just what % of the time I put the money in with the best hand, and the number of times I've been rivered in relation to my % favourite. Twice in two days a river 7 has killed me when I had been an 80%+ favourite! Not sure I'll be on the PKR today, it's looking like one of those days!
Hey. I think it's best to be against a low amount of people because most times you're not gonna hit a set and with 5 cards higher then the 9 it's almost certain a higher card will come so you reduce the field and also the chances of someone having one of those higher cards. Re. the tracker then yeah it'd be useful as ever. It's been 'one of those days' for me i can tell you. Lost all my profit. Day started off being on a table full of donks and maniacs so i knew if i could hit a hand then i'm quids in but the cards were total rubbish, i chased everywhere but it wasn't happening. Then lost a whole buy in when a guy on one hand raised PF with 10.4 o/s he hits a FH so the next hand i get AQ suited he raises again and i hit top pair Q, he goes all in and turns over bullets! Frustrating day.