Are you racing this week?

Guest ONEDUNME

Guest ONEDUNME

Given that this section is called "At the races" what's missing is a thread for people to let others know when they are....wait for it......at the races!:lol As has been highlighted by the "Time for a PL race meeting" thread, it's difficult to arrange for a large group to all be at the same course for a particular meeting but loads of us must have been at the same race meetings in the past and never bumped into each other. Maybe we could make this a "sticky" for people to post when they are at meetings and discuss the posibility of meeting up with others. You dont have to spend the day together, it would just be good to put some faces to names and have some banter. By the way, Gett1nlots did say he was having a bit of a stag get together at York, so do look out for his big ugly mug if you're there and dont miss any opportunity to embarrass him. Mind you, thinking about it, with his money, he'll probably be in the royal box or something:lol

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheTrebleKing

racezzz! i've never actually been to a horse race :rollin i'd like to go eventually to somewhere or other, most likely nottingham 'cos i live in the area :p so if someone is going to nottingham in the near future then scribble on this thread for me, or if i forget to ead it scribble on my system thread :D another thing... do alot of u actually make any serious money out of horse racing? or just mostly gamble for the fun of it? personally i gamble to make money, i'm a lazy workshy c00nt who dont want a proper job and just win money instead :rollin i work at a bookies though, so thats what started me off :o anywayz i'll stop rambling on and leave some room for all u lot to post :lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: Are you racing this week? I had originally thought about going to that meeting too Ian and then staying overnight. We could have had a pint together which (sort of) proves that it's worth banging your race plans in this thread if you want to bump into a fellow member every now and again. At least it puts a face to the name. Think I'll go and advertise it in GC and hope it's not against the rules.

Re: Are you racing this week? Never mind ODM, there was a fair few there, by all accounts there was 8,000 there on Boxing Day :eek I`m sure if we get our heads together we`ll put some faces to names this year. If you ever intend coming to Wolvo just drop a post in here and I can pretty much get there at the drop of a hat as it`s only up the road for me really.

Re: Are you racing this week?

Will do mate. Only been there once and got four winners:clap By all accounts it's been done up a bit since I went.
Yes ODM it`s a great little set up. I love going. Normally you can enjoy a pint whilst watching the comings and goings in the weighing room through a great big window next to the bar. Jockeys, Trainers, Officials passing the time of day, bloody theatre it is if you like that kind of thing ;) Had a nice little chat with the ATR guys too, Simon Mapletoft and Jase Weaver were there on NYE, gave me 2 crap tips :wall . I just love the "bread and butter" feel of it, I`ve been to most of the biggies, every day at Cheltenham Festival and in November for the Maccy, Thomas Pink or whatever they call it nowadays, Ascot Gold Cup, Donny for the Ledger, Sandown for the Whitbread but in some way a bit of AW action at Wolvo beats the lot of them. I`d go every meeting if the other half would let me :tongue2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...