** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Are you racing this week?

Guest ONEDUNME

Re: Are you racing this week?

Epsom saturday and maybe the friday for ladies day :hope
only 200,000 people, so shall we meet up!!:lol I am on a corporate day in one of the marquee's, where are you going? I was hoping to do Sandown as well on Thurs night but not sure yet.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Are you racing this week? Will be wearing a white hat and a black polo prob so if you see me give me a shout :ok haha only joking. Last few years we've been going in that £15 entrance which is along the final furlong and finish line opposite from the grandstand. Can't remeber if you need to book tickets in advanced for that if I don't go in there I'll be somewhere on the hill..

Will be wearing a white hat and a black polo prob so if you see me give me a shout :ok haha only joking. Last few years we've been going in that £15 entrance which is along the final furlong and finish line opposite from the grandstand. Can't remeber if you need to book tickets in advanced for that if I don't go in there I'll be somewhere on the hill..
pretty sure they've restricted the access a bit this year as there is some building work started in readiness for the new stands to be built this year. I am on the 3f pole opposite Tattenham corner. I'll drop you you a PM to swap mobile numbers just in case !!

Definately worth a trip to Cartmel mate. Great little course. Gets crowded on lanes in and out the place.So give yourself plenty of time. But a couple of good pubs in the village which is litterally next to the course' date=' all within a matter of yards. Funny enough a mate of mine has a race named after him on Monday. Its the 4.45 a retirement present from his wife. :ok[/quote'] Well it was an okay day, I preferred the permanent set up at Ripon and the food left allot to be desired. However after feeling regret initially once the sun came out the day became a happier event. I started out with a few places, before hitting a 20-1 (16-1 SP) Winner Alpine Warrior think it was. Payed for the day out and more :) [Edit]Ha just looked the horse up on attr and it appears I fluked the pick by reading the race card wrong- I thought it had pulled up in it's last race but won two previous, under the impression that on a form guide anything over 10th gets a zero, infact the horses previous result was 11th strange! Anyway it romped it leading all the way round and winning by a good 4 lengths[/Edit] Looking forward to visiting my nextcourse now, see how it compares to Weatherby, Ripon and Cartmel.

Off to Bath races on friday night, should be good (though never get many winners there) also followed by a gold old west country knees up with 'The Worzels' cider a plenty :beer :beer :beer
If anybody has any strong fancies for Bath please let me know ;) , as I usually struggle at this meeting every year

• 2 weeks later...

Off to York next Saturday 16th. Never been there before so looking forward to it ! :cheers
I'm off to the races 3 times this week. :loon Monday 11th - Pontefract evening meeting Friday 15th - York Grandstand Saturday 16th - York Family Enclosure If you fancy meeting up for a drink at the races let me know via PM. :ok

I'm off to the races 3 times this week. :loon
You will either be very rich or hard up for a while after 3 visits in a week...! Hoping for the former :nana Yeah, I'm up for a beer and a natter... will PM you.

Going to Royal Ascot on Saturday... looking forward to it.
Off to Ascot tomorrow - Looking foward to it!
enjoy it, friday is my normal day, been last 12 years to ascot but missing it due to poor show last year. No one wanted to go back so hopefully theyve improved it! It will be busy believe me! & take an umbrella, its pouring down tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Are you racing this week? Off to Uttoxeter in a few minutes. Bit tired at the mo. Took 3 hours to get back form Watford last night. British milers Club meeting. Jo Pavey won the AAA 10k in pouring rain in a good time:ok Then it off to Birmngham on the train tomorro.:beer :beer

Re: Are you racing this week? Hope those of you going to Sandown have a good day out. The Eclipse should be a cracking race. Authorized down to 1m2f, George up from 1m and Soldier Of Fortune boosting form of Authorized with an emphatic win. Could be race of the year. :ok

Hope those of you going to Sandown have a good day out. The Eclipse should be a cracking race. Authorized down to 1m2f, George up from 1m and Soldier Of Fortune boosting form of Authorized with an emphatic win. Could be race of the year. :ok
Doesn't look like Georgie boy will be turning up at the moment if the price on betfair has anything to do with it :@ Which to me now makes Authorized look like a huge price at 1/2. Has to be a banker if theres even more rain until Sat..

• 2 weeks later...