Are you racing this week?

Guest ONEDUNME

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Are you racing this week? I'm supposed to be going to Wetherby Saturday but really like the look of the Sandown card and never been there. Where is it located and how long would it take me to get there by train or car from Bradford? I think 3 of my favourite jumps horses are down to run there, Star De Mohaison, My Way De Solzena and Voy Por Ustedes.

Re: Are you racing this week?

I'm supposed to be going to Wetherby Saturday but really like the look of the Sandown card and never been there. Where is it located and how long would it take me to get there by train or car from Bradford? I think 3 of my favourite jumps horses are down to run there, Star De Mohaison, My Way De Solzena and Voy Por Ustedes.
Down South, mate. South London, I think:unsure It's a fair way to travel from up here.:ok

I'm supposed to be going to Wetherby Saturday but really like the look of the Sandown card and never been there. Where is it located and how long would it take me to get there by train or car from Bradford? I think 3 of my favourite jumps horses are down to run there, Star De Mohaison, My Way De Solzena and Voy Por Ustedes.
Turn right at leeds & leave tonight to make 1st race for saturday! :lol watch it on the box Mowgli, its a great venue though but a long way to go to watch 6 races! by train, get down to London, across to Waterloo & train to Esher leaves every 30 mins & drops you on the far side of the track by car, M1 down to M25, around to Jctn 10, down the A3 & turn off at Esher.

Cheers:ok ' date=' think it'll be Wetherby for me then and watch Sandown on big screen. 1/2 hour down road. Didn't realise Sandown was that far. If i ever go I think I'll stop over, make day and night of it.[/quote'] a few of us down here Mowgli, so let us know if you do plan a trip. i am 30 mins drive away, Alexmac is down here in Berkshire & Jon16 lives somewhere close too.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Are you racing this week? Right, back down South now, so I can go see some good racing again... Sandown on Saturday is a decent looking event, will probably pop along for that. Also, have just booked myself tickets for Royal Ascot on Saturday 23rd June, get in.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: Are you racing this week? I'm pencilled in to visit Plumpton on Sunday ( 13th ) for the first time. Family fun day so going with the better half and kids if the weather's fine! Any tips on where to park, where to stand, where to eat etc etc wouldn't go amiss, so I'm all ears!

I'm pencilled in to visit Plumpton on Sunday ( 13th ) for the first time. Family fun day so going with the better half and kids if the weather's fine! Any tips on where to park' date= where to stand, where to eat etc etc wouldn't go amiss, so I'm all ears!
Parking Car parking is free.
:ok

Re: Are you racing this week? I was at Ripon on Sunday good sunny day out but lacked profit. It's a friends birthday on Monday(Bank holiday) nearest races on this day is Cartmel, anyone been to that course? Worth a trip? or should we travel the distance to Redcar, Leicester, Carlisle?

I was at Ripon on Sunday good sunny day out but lacked profit. It's a friends birthday on Monday(Bank holiday) nearest races on this day is Cartmel, anyone been to that course? Worth a trip? or should we travel the distance to Redcar, Leicester, Carlisle?
Definately worth a trip to Cartmel mate. Great little course. Gets crowded on lanes in and out the place.So give yourself plenty of time. But a couple of good pubs in the village which is litterally next to the course, all within a matter of yards. Funny enough a mate of mine has a race named after him on Monday. Its the 4.45 a retirement present from his wife. :ok