Countdown to Cheltenham - Bets & Banter

Re: Countdown to Cheltenham - Bets & Banter Bowlesy, Which race is TRITONIX set to run in? I really fancy it at around 20's for the Fred Winter on Day 1, but it is also engaged in the Triumph. If it runs in the Fred Winter Juvenile, a little punt is in order for me:ok

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Countdown to Cheltenham - Bets & Banter

WOW.. Exotic Dancer is down to 4/1 at some places already :eek And the 8/1 was avaliable one week ago.
thats cos WofA & in compliance were pulled out, nothing to do with AP. however, 9/2 should be about right for this in such a big race starting to think now any value has gone & that better waiting for SP. Halcon Generaldais is my outside tip for the race, they will need staying power round there Our Vic wont be troubled by the conditions either.

Bowlesy, Which race is TRITONIX set to run in? I really fancy it at around 20's for the Fred Winter on Day 1, but it is also engaged in the Triumph. If it runs in the Fred Winter Juvenile, a little punt is in order for me:ok
i got the shout for the triumph, mind you it should now be NR no bet, so you can take a chance:ok

thats cos WofA & in compliance were pulled out, nothing to do with AP. however, 9/2 should be about right for this in such a big race starting to think now any value has gone & that better waiting for SP. Halcon Generaldais is my outside tip for the race, they will need staying power round there Our Vic wont be troubled by the conditions either.
Sorry, mate.. I didn't mean Price shortening because of McCoy neither ... I know WOA and In Complience are pulled out. I just realizaed that the 8/1 that was available disapeared so quickly. And I opened a site with the prices today and there was a 4/1. I was so close of taking it 10 days ago, because that's one of my favourite horses. So my thought was exactly what you said, there is no value at all in this race. Maybe a sympathy bet for Beef Or Salmon is what we are left with ;)

Sorry' date=' mate.. I didn't mean Price shortening because of McCoy neither ... I know WOA and In Complience are pulled out. I just realizaed that the 8/1 that was available disapeared so quickly. And I opened a site with the prices today and there was a 4/1. I was so close of taking it 10 days ago, because that's one of my favourite horses. So my thought was exactly what you said, there is no value at all in this race. Maybe a sympathy bet for Beef Or Salmon is what we are left with ;)[/quote'] I still think The Listener is a good bet, would have been better for you at 14-1 but 7's isn't a bad price(if that's still current price). Loves soft ground, beat War Of Attrition and Beef Or Salmon by 8 lengths and was left to idle in front for too long lto when beaten by BOS. Jumps well and has a good formline with Star De Mohaison. :ok I am hoping Nickname will run at Cheltenham, in great form and likes the soft ground. :hope

Re: Countdown to Cheltenham - Bets & Banter I agree Mowgli - with WoA's injury, he is my only bet now. Im punching the air everytime it rains :lol Re: Beef or Salmon - Is everyone confident that he doesnt act at Cheltenham or is it that he has never has his favoured soft ground there. He is definitely a soft ground horse yet all his races at Cheltenham have been on good or better. Am I clutching at straws here or is he a viable each way option?

I agree Mowgli - with WoA's injury, he is my only bet now. Im punching the air everytime it rains :lol Re: Beef or Salmon - Is everyone confident that he doesnt act at Cheltenham or is it that he has never has his favoured soft ground there. He is definitely a soft ground horse yet all his races at Cheltenham have been on good or better. Am I clutching at straws here or is he a viable each way option?
I don't know what procedures they take with the horse regarding travelling here etc but it seems like a horse that gets homesick and just can't win here for love nor money. Those statistics say it hasn't got a chance but the soft ground will certainly play in it's favour. I read recently about a similar thing with Monets Garden after it won. Instead of travelling over and staying in stables overnight the trainer or head lad set off at 5am and drove to the course. It seems more comfortable in the surroundings of it's horse box and won readily lto. It'd be worth taking BOS early as no doubt there will be plenty of Irish money on it come race day. :ok

AK THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW... LORD OF ILLUSION (IRE) 10-y-o (1 Jun 1997) b g Entered in the following races 13 Mar 2007 4:00 (Four Day) at CHELTENHAM, William Hill Trophy Handicap Chase Grade 3 14 Mar 2007 4:40 (Five Day) at CHELTENHAM, Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Chase (Amateur Riders) 15 Mar 2007 4:00 (Five Day) at CHELTENHAM, Racing Post Plate (Handicap Chase) Grade 3
Cheers Jones - I cant help thinking theres something amiss with the horse though as he's drifted quite badly on the National market. I'll keep an eye on his entries :ok

Don't like posting up other peoples tips but you can have a look at the horse and see what you think. I've just had a word from a bookie for a horse in the Triumph Hurdle and I know as fact that he has backed it with his own money. DUTY Has form on heavy over hurdles and was a half decent flat horse from Stoutes yard with form on good to firm. Best price available is 20-1 with Sporting Odds. Looks like it has a chance and might invest a few quid ew now its non runner no bet. :ok
Recently tipped up by pricewise Tom Segal and best price now 10-1, 8-1 with most firms. Has the form on heavy and this rain is going to absolutely shake up the markets. I'm sick of that Pricewise stealing my tips. ;) :lol ;)

Re: Countdown to Cheltenham - Bets & Banter 16:40 - Sporting Index Handicap Chase (A Cross Country Chase) The Key Runners:

Heads Onthe GroundIvoire De BeaulieuL'aventure
Le DucNative JackNever Compromise
Royal AuclairSpot The DifferenceStar Performance
Verdict: A unique contest in which the runners run over a cross country section of Cheltenham.Mainly dominated by Spot the Difference who at 14 years of age has the impressive record of 1110211.Has time caught up with him no doubt he will have his faithful followers but we just think its time to hand the reins over to his stable mate HEADS ONTHE GROUND.Ran well behind his veteran stable mate in a run around here in the late autumn and subsequent home form includes a 10L victory suggests he'll be too good here.

Re: Countdown to Cheltenham - Bets & Banter LAY DENMAN @ 2.34 Royal Sunalliance Chase I can't have Denman. Turned over last year at similar odds and I think that will happen again. Last time he only beat 2 runners who are no way near his class and his price shortened, this is his biggest task yet and we will have quite a few running against him here. Horses like Ungaro, Callin Alainn, Snowy Morning, Dom Dorgeval are all capable of winning and do remember this race has a few shocks in the past, the 2002 winner was 33-1. This race is like a war, only the bravest survive and not many finish. Denman only needs to make one mistake and he is out of it. BLAZING BAILEY @ 13/2 WORLD HURDLE E/W BETFRED Won the main trial for this race in Jan beating Inglis Drever, Black Jack Ketchem. Looked to be going away from the field at the end in a good performance and same team won this race last year with a similar type. Should go on the ground and I can't see why those two horses will reverse the form here. Mighty Man has question marks on the going as well. This looks a place cert as well so each-way is the call. TOP JOCKEY - TONY MCCOY @ 7/2 SPORTING ODDS I like quite a few of McCoys mounts this year including the obvious picks of Exotic Dancer, Straw Bear, Don't Push It, Wichita Lineman and he has a few interesting mounts in the handicaps. Walsh has a good book of rides but in my opinion the likes of Denman and Kauto Star will get turned over and his price at the top of this market is becuase of the big reputation of the yard this year JONJO O'NEILL - TOP TRAINER @ 7-1 VCBET Huge price!!! He has some very classy contenders for alot of the big races. As I have already said, I think a few of the Nicholls hotpots will get turned over and this trainer has the likes of Exotic Dancer, Don't Push It and a few interesting handicappers as well who have leading chances and a big plus is that McCoy could be riding alot for him and I reckon he'll outscore Nicholls in the winners department. More bets will be posted before first day, also on Sports Punter. I cannot wait!! :D :D Am I going to lay Kauto Star!!! (still not decided!!!)

Re: Countdown to Cheltenham - Bets & Banter Ive been given a tip today from a bloke who has a bookie in London and is very well connected with G.Moore. the lad who give it me has put £250 E/W on it currently at 25/1. He took the price of 33/1 when he placed the bet.I know cus Ive seen the bet slip. also hes given me 1 that runs in the last race on the first day.Ive took the 14/1 for it. I'll give you the details ASAP. just mega busy at the mo.............................

Re: Countdown to Cheltenham - Bets & Banter yeah right carl, leave us hanging on!! was it heathcote? anyway MACS JOY MISSES THE CHAMPION HURDLE (leg muscle problem) the irish are running scared skybet go 4 winners or less 13/2 which looks a stonking bet

hes given me 1 that runs in the last race on the first day.Ive took the 14/1 for it. I'll give you the details ASAP. just mega busy at the mo.............................
I'm sort of hoping its Pancake?? I took the 14/1 on that when i read hobbs' comments in RP on Weds. Or are you going to put me off by saying its something else??

Re: Countdown to Cheltenham - Bets & Banter its not that mate Im sorry. The 33/1 was 25/1 is now 16/1 coral on the last day in the last race. Hopefully moore will come of it;) please dont shoot the messenger but the 2 that he's given me he's put £250 E/W on each and £50 e/w double:lol the cheeky cnut.

Saturday t.gifSunrise 06:36 (GMT) Sunset 18:00 (GMT)3.gif14.gif14°C 5.gif5°C v_SW.gif12 moderate 1037 63 green_txt.gifgreen_txt.gif
t.gif
Sunday t.gifSunrise 06:34 (GMT) Sunset 18:02 (GMT)7.gif14.gif14°C 6.gif6°C v_SW.gif17 moderate 1029 63 green_txt.gifgreen_txt.gif
t.gif
Monday t.gifSunrise 06:32 (GMT) Sunset 18:04 (GMT)10.gif10.gif10°C 3.gif3°C v_W.gif6 moderate 1025 80 green_txt.gifgreen_txt.gif
t.gif
Tuesday t.gifSunrise 06:30 (GMT) Sunset 18:05 (GMT)1.gif12.gif12°C 2.gif2°C v_W.gif6 moderate 1036 51 green_txt.gifgreen_txt.gif
t.gif
Wednesday t.gifSunrise 06:27 (GMT) Sunset 18:07 (GMT)3.gif13.gif13°C 6.gif6°C v_W.gif6 poor 1036

its not that mate Im sorry. The 33/1 was 25/1 is now 16/1 coral on the last day in the last race. Hopefully moore will come of it;) please dont shoot the messenger but the 2 that he's given me he's put £250 E/W on each and £50 e/w double:lol the cheeky cnut.
So Ameeq it is then, Carl? :unsure And what's the other one?

Re: Countdown to Cheltenham - Bets & Banter Altihar (sp) from the same stable running in the last race first day. I got 14/1 for it. like I say dont shoot the messenger but this has come from a london lad who is well in with Moore

Altihar (sp) from the same stable running in the last race first day. I got 14/1 for it. like I say dont shoot the messenger but this has come from a london lad who is well in with Moore
That is fooking spooky!!!!!:eek :eek :eek I was looking at this race 5 mins ago, and have just backed Altilhar at 14's with Sporting Odds. Forgot all about the Moore connection too! The reason I backed it....check out these trends on ATR website from just 2 runnings of the race:- "Just two year's evidence to work off so this will be kept brief. The only patterns to have linked both winners to date, Dabiroun and Shamayoun, are (a) both were outsiders, (b) both had raced just three times to get their handicap mark, © both were handled by trainers that are a dab hand at getting one ready for a big handicap" This horse fits all 3 trends:ok

Re: Countdown to Cheltenham - Bets & Banter Hey, lads ... just saw my betting slip history @ Betfair and I realized I backed Aran Concerto for the Supreme Novices' Hurdle @ 50/1. Don't remember why and when :lol Is there any chance at all for the horse to run in this race?? Or it will be the Ballymore Properties Novices' Hurdle for sure?

Hey' date=' lads ... just saw my betting slip history @ Betfair and I realized I backed [b']Aran Concerto for the Supreme Novices' Hurdle @ 50/1. Don't remember why and when :lol Is there any chance at all for the horse to run in this race?? Or it will be the Ballymore Properties Novices' Hurdle for sure?
As I'm on it for the Ballymore at 25's, I hope your bet loses:$ Seriously, the trainer has said that it will defo go for the Ballymore so unlucky mate. The biggest concern for me though is that Carberry is out of the Festival so connections are looking for a new jockey

Aran Concerto
is surely gonna be pulled out of the Tuesday fixture and run wednesday instead.? BTW Ive done a full preview of all the races for next week on my site. A bits from a few tips ive been given and a few from the plain obvious.