The new Betfair Poker

Big Andy

If you`ve downloaded the new software, what do you think? I can`t say I`m overly impressed but I suppose it`s because it`s new and I need to be convinced over time when I get a bit more used to it. But the first thing that bugged me was I find the table size options are either too small or too big. anybody else got any opinions?

Re: The new Betfair Poker

I'm playing an STT at the moment and its the same software as before :unsure
:lol Where have you been this past month or so mate?:loon you do have to download the new version, i`m sure there`ll be about 30 emails in your inbox telling you all about it. I dont know how much longer the old set up will be running for.

Re: The new Betfair Poker I was playing on the old software this morning and everything was ok then got an auto update message so updated and everythings gone tits up now :@ Comp doesnt like something about the new set up and revs its bollox off when I go on the poker site now. Also the old software wont work anymore so stuck with the new crap now :sad

It's, interesting - not convinced yet tbh, all seems needlesly cramped into a small space to me :unsure But it's quite flashy :ok
The smaller size is similar in size to the mini view on prima which I don't like, but if you select 2 table size before logging on you get 2 lobbies which annoys the hell out of you. Other than that I like the touches the Betfair lot have added(?) to the table such as your tourney position in brackets by your name. This is what it looks like (1 table actual size); newbetfairwq3.jpg Another thing I didn't get my table loading automatically when the tourney started. :(

Guest gazza271

:lol Where have you been this past month or so mate?:loon you do have to download the new version, i`m sure there`ll be about 30 emails in your inbox telling you all about it. I dont know how much longer the old set up will be running for.
Used the memory stick from PP to download on my laptop, will try that in a minute, This morning I manually downloaded on the desktop but still went onto the old software :unsure

Guest gazza271

Used the memory stick from PP to download on my laptop' date=' will try that in a minute, This morning I manually downloaded on the desktop but still went onto the old software :unsure[/quote'] Now on my laptop and still got old version :wall

Re: The new Betfair Poker Looking at the sheer beauty of the main Betfair site, I waited eagerly for the launch of the new poker site. What a let down...sure somebody has let a kid loose with a spectrum+2. Every site has standard size tables, but here they are tiny or massive. The blind structure is so slow that it takes ages to play stts...OK, if you are in a higher stakes game then maybe you want an extended blind structure, which should favour the better players. But playing a $2 game...you don't want to be sitting there for an hour and a half. Everybody has a certain bonus to earn during November. But I played Betfair for the Omaha Hi/Lo single tables, therefore earned my bonus entitlement through them, but now there are no Omaha single tables on which to earn the bonus itself...crazy! Anyway, it may well be just because it's new, but I don't think so...it just seems to be poorly thought through that's all.

Also, typing your bet amount is a complete nightmare - I like to be able to type, press enter and the bet goes in. Here you have to press "Type Amount" button, delete, type it, then press bet :@
Haven't played it, but that sounds like some IT executive's idea of 'interactivity'. And if you want to raise all you do is click the 'next action' button, which opens a drop down menu to choose 'check, fold, bet or raise' select raise, deseselct the 'minimum raise' default, then tick the 'custom raise' button which brings up a pop up box to choose the amount, type in the amount, press ok then ok again when it asks you if you are sure. Simple and interactive, it's what the punters want.

Re: The new Betfair Poker Had so much trouble with Betfair in the past that it was uninstalled - cards would be dealt in slow motion which meant I was timed out by the time it was my turn. :wall :wall :wall I know it's probably caused by some firewall that I have installed but no amount of tweaking would improve the performance. :cry I downloaded the new site just now and entered a freeroll to see if it was the same frustrating speed - I'm pleased to say it was working like a dream. :nana :nana Didn't like the site though, if I'm honest, but at least I'll be able to play there in any future Punterslounge games. :ok TQM

Re: The new Betfair Poker Just had a glance - and first impressions (having NOT played a hand there yet :tongue2) are that it looks phenomenally poor. Like others my fan goes haywire - 6 lobbies!!! and incredibly small. I'm on a widescreen monitor too and the image resolution looks poor - I'm guessing it's somehow stretched to a proportion of my screen dimensions - but it makes it look bad!!! Having said that - I have NEVER played new software that I have liked straight away, and it's always taken a while to get used to, so I'll give it a chance......

Re: The new Betfair Poker Played a STT earlier, the Pros and Cons below Cons - Couldn't Access 'My Account' it just crashed the Poker Client and I had to re-connect - (twice) - The table is a little toooooo small - No option to hide games playing in the lobby - No option (that i could make work) to sort tables - Connectivity seemed a little suspect - i disconnected once during the game and a couple of the others involved did also - The stats view - what a waste of potentially a good feature - I couldn't work out how to add to the Find a Player screen Pros - I liked the betting buttons - The overall look was I thought simple but OK - and the playability factor is there without being over elaborate (except for the size of table) - The positions were OK but not really relevant in a STT - in a multitable they will be great , providing they work as I assume - The notes function is best i've seen on a site - plenty of room and easily accessible - Far Far Far better than Prima which must be the worst site i've ever experienced, and yet its mega busy - so playability and popularity don't necessarily go hand in hand -I won. I'm sure it will grow on people, and with it being their own custom site they hopefully will respond to constructive criticism and make the improvements necessary - like they have on their main 'Betting Exchange Site'. I have money available which I withdrew from Prima,and i may put it into Betfair

Re: The new Betfair Poker Just played a $0.10/$0.20 NLHE cash table for about 20 minutes and have to say that I wasn't impressed initially. It will take a bit of getting used to as it's really different from other sites but I'm sure Betfair will listen to their customers and make changes when needed. Would like to be able to see my MPP's though so I know if I'm getting anywhere near the bonus or if I should give up! :lol

Re: The new Betfair Poker It's going to save me a small fortune. Won't be playing there unless some major overhaul is done. You can't see a blinds countdown, i joined a table and didn't have control box or buttons showing. I was BB and it said to make your bet. "NO BLOODY BUTTONS!!!!" at least some of the table had a good giggle. Buttons came up next time around, but not impressed. It is too small - just doesn't feel like i could relax and play there.