** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May!

Sir Puntalot

Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May!  

1. 1.

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! Report in the early edition of today's Daily Record... Virgin Scandal Resolved.

Scandal and skulduggery hit the on-line poker world late last night as accusations of wrong-doings hit the tables. Suspicion fell manly on the player ‘’Spiersy42’’ and the uncanny habit of pulling hands out of the fire with the river card. The dealer, known on the Scottish circuit as ‘’The Silent Woman’’, has been suspended pending further inquiries. Video tape of the two suspects has been analysed and the following points have been discussed by the PL security committee:

1) There was no evidence that cards were being dealt from the bottom of the pack, although several times the dealer’s hands were obscured from the camera as Spiersy42 poured a drink at just the right moment. 2) Accusations that the dealer called the player ‘’Darling’’ and ‘’Sugar Plum’’ remain mute points as there were problems with the sound recording. (All the sound recordist would say was: ‘’A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink.’’) 3) Claims that the dealer was performing particular acts under the table, notwithstanding the wide grin on the player’s face, are also unfounded. (Although the committee would like to know why it took her seven minutes to pick up a single card!) 4) Evidence from four other players was discarded as simply being a case of sour grapes.

So the committee finds that there is no evidence to support any conspiracy theory. The dealer has retired to an unknown location, somewhere in Aberdeen, to contemplate her future.

The result stands and they have weighed in.

From your Scottish correspondent, Angus McSpiersy. Good luck and may your God go with you.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May!

Well done to all on the final table, especially the top 3.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap Nice to see there was a Mackem in the top three again, if only we could do the same in footie:lol
Patience dear boy, after all Quinn + potentially O'Neill = instant success doesn't it......... :unsure At least thats how i convinced myself to renew my season ticket.

Report in the early edition of today's Daily Record... Virgin Scandal Resolved.

Scandal and skulduggery hit the on-line poker world late last night as accusations of wrong-doings hit the tables. Suspicion fell manly on the player ‘’Spiersy42’’ and the uncanny habit of pulling hands out of the fire with the river card. The dealer, known on the Scottish circuit as ‘’The Silent Woman’’, has been suspended pending further inquiries. Video tape of the two suspects has been analysed and the following points have been discussed by the PL security committee:

1) There was no evidence that cards were being dealt from the bottom of the pack, although several times the dealer’s hands were obscured from the camera as Spiersy42 poured a drink at just the right moment. 2) Accusations that the dealer called the player ‘’Darling’’ and ‘’Sugar Plum’’ remain mute points as there were problems with the sound recording. (All the sound recordist would say was: ‘’A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink.’’) 3) Claims that the dealer was performing particular acts under the table, notwithstanding the wide grin on the player’s face, are also unfounded. (Although the committee would like to know why it took her seven minutes to pick up a single card!) 4) Evidence from four other players was discarded as simply being a case of sour grapes.

So the committee finds that there is no evidence to support any conspiracy theory. The dealer has retired to an unknown location, somewhere in Aberdeen, to contemplate her future.

From your Scottish correspondent, Angus McSpiersy. Good luck and may your God go with you.

Fantastic post Dodger - I'm laughing out loud and getting strange looks from around the office!!!! :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin Best not show it to the wife in case it puts ideas in her head though! :lol Cheers :ok TQM :dude

Report in the early edition of today's Daily Record... Virgin Scandal Resolved.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy A Dave Allen fan to boot. Bloody hilarious! :rollin :rollin :rollin

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! I'm in :ok I only had $4 left in my Virgin account after Tuesday's disastrous performance :( So, being the tight wad that I am I figured I'd try to earn the money rather than deposit any more. 2nd places in 2 $3 STTs later and I'm there :cow See you all tonight :D

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! Devil Tish, It's probably optimistic to hope to win the WSOP seat at this stage. But even setting that aside, it's still great value in terms of the "V-points" on offer, and great fun, so ... yes, it is worth it!

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! Well each tourney has 50,000 v-points added - which equates to a £500 added tourney if nothing else, although I'm not sure you could win the league and the wsop seat even with 2 wins. But even so, still worthwhile financially. :ok :ok :ok

cheers guys what are v points then? dt
Virgin's "loyalty points". You can buy flights, etc. from Virgin with them or just exchange for cash at the rate of 1p per point. As Mr. V said, there are 50,000 points on offer for each game, on top of usual prize money, which translates to £500. £200 for the winner, I think, and then distributed among the next few places.

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! It's best 3 of 6 results to count - and we still have 3 legs to go - so you do still have a chance with WSOP - it's just that all of your scores from now count. But as has been said, there is huge value added - £500 worth of V Points each and every game - so we've already had about $2500 added in just 3 games so far!!! (without any thought of WSOP). Absolutely 100% worth downloading and playing :ok

It's best 3 of 6 results to count - and we still have 3 legs to go - so you do still have a chance with WSOP - it's just that all of your scores from now count.
Three left, are there? I must have miscounted. Woooooo, I still have a chance!

But as has been said, there is huge value added - £500 worth of V Points each and every game - so we've already had about $2500 added in just 3 games so far!!!
My, I'm slow!! :unsure GaF, does this mean I've won around $525 from Tuesday and not the $366 you're showing in the table? :hope Personal best for me if it is! :cow Good luck to everyone tonight! :ok TQM :dude

Re: Virgin Poker League - Win a WSOP Seat - Starts 16th May! Yeah spot on - in the table I only listed you for 12,000 V Points instead of 20,000 V Points. The right numbers were sent to Virgin though :ok Virgin have confirmed that the V POints for Legs 2 and 4 have now been credited :ok (might not show until tomorrow :unsure)

DT You need to whizz back through this thread a few pages and check that you have downloaded from the right link.
See post #406, for example. If you've downloaded from the right link, you should see it as "PLWSOP 5" at 19:00 GMT (= 20:00 BST) tonight, under "Multi Tourney >> All". Good luck!

ey up i have registered and seposited some coin on virgin........wheres this tourney guys? dt
Did you follow th elink in the text (not the affiliate link - the other one?) If not you need to reinstall from that - will get it and add it below hopefully in about 30 secs