** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bowles Flat Racing bets 2006

Re: Bowles Flat Racing bets 2006 Racing post says: Sedge has run well here previously and put in a promising effort on his first outing since September as he stayed on well in the closing stages. He should improve for this run and can soon make his mark in a similar event. It was behind Tyzack due to run now in 7.10. Could boost form. Definitely value horse in the race. Drifted from 8's to 10's on Bet 365.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bowles Flat Racing bets 2006 bit late i know!

SportHorse Racing
Event1.45 Sandown
SelectionNotable Guest (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date28/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 5.00 (Back)
Reasoningwill enjoy the fast ground more than his rivals today. a 3L beating of David Junior last season shows the talents of this animal, lts just hope that Stoute has her ready. The price allows for an ew bet @ 4/5 a place.
SportHorse Racing
Event4.25 Wolves
SelectionParkview love (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date28/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 8.00 (Back)
Reasoningran well last week at Musselburgh but didnt get out as expected to lead. Should have things more his way today & if leading will take some pegging back.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing bets 2006 today 2.30 Ripon ANTICA 10pts win @ 11/4 Sporting odds Trainer in form Tompkins won over C/D LTO & should go close again today. 5.00 Leicester FUTUN 10pts win @ 6/4 Sporting odds Trainer in form Cumani. Placed in a decent maiden on only start last season. Sir Gerard finished behind that day & franked the form with a win at sandown yesterday.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing bets 2006

today 2.30 Ripon ANTICA 10pts win @ 11/4 Sporting odds Trainer in form Tompkins won over C/D LTO & should go close again today.
Unlucky mate, 4th. I backed High Curragh EW as posted in my S&S thread. Bloody 2nd, beaten by the shortest of short heads.....I've seen it again on C4 and I'm still convinced that mine passed the post 1st :@ ....but maybe it's those rose-tinted glasses I'm wearing :lol GL with Futun :ok . Hope it wins for you, mate

Re: Bowles Flat Racing bets 2006 cheers Russ, wasnt happy with Antica though. Tonight, 1 to be added: 7.15 Haydock KAMES PARK 5pts ew @ 8/1 Sporting odds Trainer Ian Semple in the RFO interview this week said he has this one really fit & ready to go. his words were if it puts it in, it will win! Prince Samos is a worthy favourite & excelled at this time last season, may well have a saver on that also.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing bets 2006 Sundays selections

SportHorse Racing
Event2.45 Brighton
SelectionYorkshire Lad (Each-Way)
Strength5pts ew
Date30/04/2006
Bookmaker/Pricetotesport @ 10.00 (Back)
Reasoningoff such a low rating now & i think the high draw may work well here today over this undulating sprint. Has claimer Adam Kirby on board who is more than capable. It ran off a mark of 74 last june at sandown when only 6L behind the winner that day over their difficult 5f. Hasnt shown anything like that form since but notice that it has come out only 5 days after last race for this event today.
SportHorse Racing
Event5.35 Brighton
SelectionCampeon
Strength10pts win
Date30/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 5.50 (Back)
Reasoningran an excellent race last week at Kempton only getting beaten into 4th in a bunch finish near the line. Has a liking for this track having finished 2-1-2-4-2-4-2 on its runs here.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing bets 2006 Good luck mate - i noticed Yorkshire lad got a mention from Graham Wheldon this week and i was tempted to have a bet due to his low rating, as you mentioned. I just got put off by the fact there doesnt appear to be any obvious signs of a return to form.... Hope he comes in for you anyway :ok

Good luck mate - i noticed Yorkshire lad got a mention from Graham Wheldon this week and i was tempted to have a bet due to his low rating' date=' as you mentioned. I just got put off by the fact there doesnt appear to be any obvious signs of a return to form.... Hope he comes in for you anyway :ok[/quote'] Very interesting, this Yorkshire Lad. To say I'm unsure whether to limp on or not is an understatement! :unsure No sign of return to form as AK so rightly says but just check out the records of both jockey (Kirby) and trainer (Kelleway) at Brighton last year (or last 5 years) with 4 yo's. That must be enough to recommend EW bet. Both in excess of 20% s/r and both showing healthy profit. Does anyone know if these records were boosted by a particular horse(s)? GL, Bowles.:hope

Thats an interesting stat Russ - tempting me for small stakies now!! Im not sure about your last question though :unsure
Both Bowles & I lost money on this. I really hope I didnt tempt you with that bloody useless stat :\ It ran no sort of race and never really got into contention.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing bets 2006 todays bets are 4.30 Warwick Magic Peak 10pts win @ 9/4 Sporting odds 2nd on only previous start last season, Stoute had 4 winners from 8 rides on Saturday & is clearly coming into some form. Should be thereabouts with this favourite. 4.20 Kempton Multakka 5pts ew @ 12/1 Totalbet there are always excuses for Tregonings horses running in April as his string do not find thier form until May & at least 1 run under thier belt. Beaten odds on fav that day, the horse will appreciate the drop back to 7f & the price looks value. 2.50 Warwick Ektishaaf 5pts ew @ 11/2 Skybet showed improved form to win over 7f LTO on AW. Good jockey booking today & trainer is in excellent form but only has 1 entry today 3.40 Newc Sunderland Echo 5pts ew @ 6/1 Sporting odds not sure the newcastle fans will apreciate this one winning here but it has to be drawn high & should take all the beating having won LTO. 2.35 Newc Poniard 5pts ew @ 66/1 Sporting odds another 5f sprint where the horses drawn high may well be favoured again. this is the outsider of the pack & warrants a mention as David Barker is excellent at producing sprinters in the north.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing bets 2006 a mixed bag with Multakka 3rd (SP 7/1 - got 12's) & Magic Peak a close 2nd in his race. Poniard at 66/1 was only beaten less than a Length for a place also. The sprint favoured the far side (low) at Newcastle (i & the papers as usual made an error on the draw!) therefore 'echo was well beaten this side. 50pts staked 20pts returned updated totals Bets 66 Wins 18 Staked 660pts Returns 566.62pts P/L -93.38pts loss

Event4.30 Bath
SelectionAngus Newz (Each-Way)
Strength5pts ew
Date02/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceSportingodds @ 8.00 (Back)
Reasoningnever seems to run a bad race, was unlucky LTO to be drawn low when there was a clear high bias at Newmarket. Stayed on well that day to win the stands side group & finished 2nd behind the easy winner Ingleby Arch. High Curragh was 3L Angus that day & franked the form when finishing a shd 2nd in a class 3 event on Saturday. Has won on fast ground & gets a decent age for weight allowance here against these older horses.

I once heard a theory that backing 3 year olds against older horses is not really a good move until mid-late into the season what do you think of this theory?
we will see i suppose, i think there is merit there as the 3yo's get older during the season & stronger. I havent seen the stas though. todays race is an all age handicap & i just feel that Angus Newz has been running well enough to figure.

I am not doubting your bet' date=' I have even tipped a 3 year old against older horses myself. It is just your thread had reminded me that I once heard this fact although I have not seen stats as to whether it is true or not.[/quote'] :ok , no probs, it may be one of those hearsay comments in racing! %Man is the stats man here so hopefully he may have something on this.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing bets 2006 1 more tonight 9.20 Kempton ROYAL RESERVATION 10pts win @ 9/2 Totalbet back over a mile & back into class 4, this should take all the beating. I would much prefer to be on this animal proven in this class than some of the others who may have improvement but need to show it tonight. Forget it's run LTO, that was in a much better race than this & it should also be able to handle the track.

Re: Bowles Flat Racing bets 2006 0pts returned yesterday. updated totals Bets 68 Wins 18 Staked 680pts Returns 566.62pts P/L -113.38pts loss todays bets 2.40 Nottingham DORN DANCER 5pts ew @ 9/2 Ladbrokes decent efforts on 1st 2 starts this season finishing 1-2 & now back up to 6f. Has a middle draw which should be ok. Spencer rides so as long as he gets this right, he should be therebouts. 1/4 odds a place so money back if it places (1st 4). 3.00 Lingfield MOSTASHAAR 10pts win @ 5/4 Sporting odds had a good 3yo career & its worth following anything that Stoute keeps in training as a 4yo. won the competitve Brittannia stakes at the Royal York mtg last season but hasnt been out since. One to follow. 3.30 Ling STRIKE UP THE BAND 5pts ew @ 11/2 Sporting odds has always shaped like 6f would suit. Ran good races consistently last season over 5f & although has been a problem at the start before, this race should give it enough time to settle down. Ignore 1st run over 7f which was too far for this speedster.