** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Snooker: World Championships

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: World Championships My final comment on the Hendry/O'Sullivan debate would be I'm in no doubt that Hendry is the greatest champion snooker has seen and will ever seen but a genius is someone who makes his art look incredibly easy and who can do things that no other can within his chosen art. O'Sullivan not only strikes the ball sweetly right handed but don't forget he can make century breaks with regular consistency left handed too and his 5min20 147 break is something that will never ever be beaten. Onto the snooker, I echo the support for Ryan Day! Zulu, the only in running bets I do on snooker is laying people to win a frame. If a guy is 40-50 ahead in a frame but still has to split the pack then I think it's well worth laying them because anything can happen, they might stick to the pack, they could open the pack but miss the pot or they could miss the pack completely and have to play safe. The amount of times the opponent gets a chance when 40-50 down makes it well worth doing. Also if a guy is looking good to clear up but there's a ball on the cushion that's worth laying as well because anything can happen then.

Re: Snooker: World Championships

SportSnooker/Pool
EventMark Selby v Mark Williams
SelectionMark Selby Highest Break in the match
Strength10/10
Date22/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningSelby is way overpriced here, I would have this at 1.90 the pair or maybe Selby slightly favourite as Williams rarely bothers about big breaks. Selby is a big scorer and I'm happy to take Williams on for the HB at this price.
Ya bastid you beat me to it :lol I'll add my other bet though! 10pts R.Day to score highest break vs J.Perry 5/6 Betdirect Day is a much heavier scorer than Joe Perry and to have them joint favourites seem strange to me. Over 19 frames you'd fancy Day to make a century and if he does I can see that being more than enough.

SportSnooker/Pool
EventMark Selby v Mark Williams
SelectionMark Selby Highest Break in the match
Strength10/10
Date22/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningSelby is way overpriced here, I would have this at 1.90 the pair or maybe Selby slightly favourite as Williams rarely bothers about big breaks. Selby is a big scorer and I'm happy to take Williams on for the HB at this price.
Feeling the pressure yet Paul.....? I am on this too....:lol :hope

What price Williams now?:nana
Yes, Paul - Williams is my best hope at the moment!! Hendry @ 11 (9pts) OUT!! Williams @ 18 (6pts) currently 8.6 Doherty @ 23 (5pts) currently 14.0 Ebdon @ 36 (3pts) still 36.0 !! Wattanna @ 210 (2pts) OUT!! Stephen Lee @ 44 (3pts) currently 25.0 Danny

Im on the Selby break bet at 6/4 also' date=' nice to see others think its a goodun as well. Shouldnt be worse than Evens imo, Selby got 2 centuries in the latter stages against Higgins.[/quote'] Hope so MrMuzeman....:hope I bet Paul Ross' ears are burning right this minute....:lol

Re: Snooker: World Championships It was already on my shortlist as it happens before I saw the posts here so I cant be blamed for any curses! :lol I think Davis is good value at 9/2 against Murphy or 6/4 on the +3.5 handicap. What are others thoughts on this encounter?

Hope so MrMuzeman....:hope I bet Paul Ross' ears are burning right this minute....:lol
You're not wrong. ;) For the record I think Davis can beat Murphy, but he has to be on form obviously. I think I'll wait until after the first session to see if I want to get involved or not. ;)

Re: Snooker: World Championships You can't tell Willie Thorne's a gambler can you? :tongue2 "I reckon Ebdon would be 1-6 to win this frame on Betfair..." "I reckon you'd get even money on Holt needing snookers at the end of this little bout..." "John you owe me fifty quid, Ebdon's made a break of double figures..." etc etc etc ... :lol

Re: Snooker: World Championships Day leads 7-2 overnight so all match and handicap bets should be safe. Annoyingly though he hasn't got the highest break :wall Just one bet to add for Thursday. 10pts S.Lee to win 1st session vs N.Robertson 10/11 Stan James Lee usually starts his matches very strong and then weakens as the end approaches. Robertson's in unknown territory here and I expect Lee to come out and put him under pressure from the off and expect him to be no worse than 5-3 up and the end of the session.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Just a quick one kevshat in reply to your info on all handicap bets looking safe on Day (who is currently 7-2 up). Just noticed on Paddy Power that they are now offering a new handicap of -5.5 for Day with odds of 5/6. I think this is a gift as Day only has to win 3 frames where he can still afford to drop 2. Cannot see Perry springing to life at this point???? Especially since taking into account the form that Day is currently in. I am interested to know what others think??? Ashley

I have to laugh at the commentators today. Ronnie O Sullivan is a genius, no one else in the snooker game can be called that. EXCUSE ME. What about Stephen Hendry? Get your facts right commentators, O SULLIVAN WILL NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER BE AS GOOD AS STEPHEN HENDRY WAS IN THE 90'S
yeah right mate.....or should i say "little boy" still peed off for losing your money on swail? well how does Bond beating hendry affect your mood Ronnie is the best hendry is no genius....bore yo to death i suppose you have never heard of jimmy white or alex higgens!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Day leads 7-2 overnight so all match and handicap bets should be safe. Annoyingly though he hasn't got the highest break :wall Just one bet to add for Thursday.

10pts S.Lee to win 1st session vs N.Robertson 10/11 Stan James

Lee usually starts his matches very strong and then weakens as the end approaches. Robertson's in unknown territory here and I expect Lee to come out and put him under pressure from the off and expect him to be no worse than 5-3 up and the end of the session.

Are you thinking Lee all the way or Lee then Robertson win?? If you fancy Lee first off then Robertson to win, bet365 double market are offering : Double result - Lee (1st 4) - Robertson (Match) @ 10.00 (9to1), tempting for small stakes?? If not Double result - Lee (1st 4) - Lee (Match) @ 3.25 (9to4) might be good??

Just had a live chat with b365 who confirmed their double result is the winner of the first 4 frames, then the winner of the match regardless of how many frames in total. Seems a bit weird, makes more sense to be 1st 4 then winner of session to me. Do you think they’ve given me duff info??

Place my 2nd round bets later, initial thoughts are:

Selby v Williams – Williams win (10)

A gimme?? A lot of people think so, but Selby has already slayed one giant (previously on form and fancied Higgins). I don’t think Selby is the preverbial Gient slayer though, and Williams looks better and tighter than he did in China, his 1st round match went well, and he looked strong.

Fu v Maguire – Maguire win (10)

My NAP of the 2nd round – Maguire really is ‘on fire’, he looked good in round 1. In contrast McManus v Fu was a totally sloppy affair, with neither player playing well, I’d say Fu won that because McManus made more mistakes than Fu, not because Fu played well. Crap odds though, perhaps look at the handicaps..

Murphy v Davis – Murphy win (9)

Murphy looks good at the moment, he beat Wattana convincingly, and Wattana isn’t the easiest starter, against Davis this shouldn’t be to much of a problem for Murphy. Bookies NAP of the 2nd round by the looks of it…

(Perry/Day) v O'Sullivan - O'Sullivan (8)

Well well, look at this, Ronnie’s got his game face on!! Not a hint of moody Ronnie. If Ronnie is finding a bit of world champ form he’ll nail Perry or Day.

Stevens v Doherty - Doherty win (7)

Close one this, but Doherty looks on good form, can’t come up with convincing reasoning yet…

Bond v Dott – Dott win (6)

Bond has just beaten Hendry, however looking at his mannerism during the game, he’d lost it, Hendry gifted him it. Bond made as many mistakes as Hendry. Didn’t see much of the Dott game but seemed a lot more in control and a higher level of form.

(White/Gray) v Ebdon – Ebdon win (5)

Ebdon should peg either of these 2, at the moment it looks to be Gray, and to me Holt and Gray are about the same level of player. Ebdon should grind whoever it is down quite easily, if not hew could just wait for them to doze off…

Lee v Robertson – Lee win (4)

Lee should be the pick here, Robertson’s not the same class of player, however I WAS NOT impressed by Lee during the last session of his 1st round match, if he makes the same mistakes, Robertson could easily take advantage during safety. Lee should win but the confidence rating takes a hit here, and drops him to 4 out of 10 for that pick. Gonna side with Kev though, 1st session should see Lee in front…

Hopefully they’ve got some new tables in during the morning, the ones they are playing on now are terrible, why can’t the world championship have tables as good as they where in China??

Re: Snooker: World Championships Are they definitely putting in new tables. Paul Ross put an excellent post early doors saying the cloth was on the thick side and stay off any century breaks. If they do put new ones done is it worth backing higher centuries you think Paul, others? It was a great point, very impressive. Zulu, how u doing? I agree with all your points. Williams looks the best of the bunch for me, followed by ronnie, maguire and the doherty. I'm still a bit upset that my pick murphy still has everyone against, i would normally back him but you guys are making me really nervous cos davis can be a tricky opponent same as wattana so i ll leave it alone. Think a few acc's should pop in this round. Lee v Robertson is one i ll watch then maybe have a punt later on. If you had one bet, only what would you put it on. For me its williams on the handicap.