Snooker: World Championships

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: World Championships Pity Williams couldn't beat O'Sullivan @ 2.9:(, but at least O'Sullivan won the highest break @ 1.42:D and Ebdon beat Murphy @ 2.48:D. Doesn't seem to be much for me in the semis....maybe some in-running bets will prove tempting.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Am I missing something important other than the fact that Ebdon odds-wise is expected to win so therefore is expected to have more chances at the high break for the match? From the BBC site. Centuries so far: Ebdon 3, Fu 6 Also 4 of Fu's 6 are bigger than Ebdons best. Odds on Betfair: Ebdon 1.83, Fu 2.12 ? I'm thinking Fu is a bet given the above. Any opinions?

Re: Snooker: World Championships 7-1 with Fu for the Outright is now good price IMO in what is effectively a four horserace. He beat Doherty and I fancy him to beat Edbon. O'Sullivan said after his match in interview last night that he thinks he has the lowest self confidence of the four remaining players.

Re: Snooker: World Championships

SportSnooker
EventO'Sullivan vs Dott
SelectionUNDER 28.5 Frames
Strength10/10
Date29/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.73 (Back)
ReasoningO'Sullivan destroyed Dott 18-8 in the Final in 2004. I expect O'Sullivan to win easily again here, in good form beating Williams in his last match. Under 28.5 frames I just cannot see Dott getting at least 15 frames here and this looks a great bet.

SportSnooker
EventO'Sullivan vs Dott
SelectionUNDER 28.5 Frames
Strength10/10
Date29/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.73 (Back)
ReasoningO'Sullivan destroyed Dott 18-8 in the Final in 2004. I expect O'Sullivan to win easily again here, in good form beating Williams in his last match. Under 28.5 frames I just cannot see Dott getting at least 15 frames here and this looks a great bet.
Dott wouldn't need to get 15 frames would he? 1st to 17 surely he'd only need to win 12?

Re: Snooker: World Championships O'Sullivan has just conceded last two frames even though he needs only one snooker, his mind is not on the job i don't think and that terrible shot when he tried to go for the brown with just colours left. His given up I say 15-8 down now :lol :lol :lol I can't believe what i'm seeing here, Dott is destroying him..ohwell my bet looks good even though I predicted it all wrong :loon

Re: Snooker: World Championships Far too late for a sensible comment now but wow, Ronnie doesn't seem likely to give a fcuk for some reason. :\ EDIT: As of right now on Betfair, the odds to win the WC are now: Edbon 1.7, Dott 2.6, Fu 60 and O'Sullivan 65 Anybody back Ebdon before the Championships started? :unsure

Re: Snooker: World Championships Probably the craziest session of snooker I have ever seen, I would have honestly backed myself to beat O Sullivan there :eek He was pathetic to be honest, how can you look so good one game then look like a Division 8 pub pool player the next game? Dott hasnt actually played that well has he? He has missed pots to leave Ronnie in the balls 4-5 times and he has beat him 8-0 :unsure This is Ebbos for the taking now.

Re: Snooker: World Championships I'm amazed. I honestly didn't think the rocket could ever play that badly, even when he's not played well in the past he still doesn't miss easy balls but today he missed god knows how many easy balls. Dott made 3 50+ breaks in the session and won it 8-0! Unbelievable.

Re: Snooker: World Championships What would you do in my situation, I backed ebdon at 36 at the start of the tournament, amazingly I also had a small bet on dott at 80's but closed this out at the start of the ronnie match! DOH! Anyway, now that Ebdon is down to 1.7 do you think I should close out for a healthy profit, and enjoy the final? OR let it run...I didnt see this mornings session, and im not sure what to do.

What would you do in my situation' date=' I backed ebdon at 36 at the start of the tournament, amazingly I also had a small bet on dott at 80's but closed this out at the start of the ronnie match! DOH! Anyway, now that Ebdon is down to 1.7 do you think I should close out for a healthy profit, and enjoy the final? OR let it run...I didnt see this mornings session, and im not sure what to do.[/quote'] Personally mate I always lay off, sport is so unpredictable it's just not worth taking the chance I don't think but having said that I do think Ebdon will win it from here. Good luck whatever you decide mate :ok

Re: Snooker: World Championships If he was at the top of his game no-one would beat Ronnie, he always beats himself. Last year his head went against Ebdon and this year is the same against Dott. It's sad to see him like that because he is a genius and snooker needs players like him. I can see him winning a few frames in a row tonight but Dott is bound to win one frame eventually.

Tell you what' date=' if Ronnie gets this frame and wins the 1st after the interval he'll win this. Dotty's getting more and more anxious by the minute!![/quote']I'd love it to happen. I'm not a huge fan of Ronnies but i'd love to watch Ebdon v The Rocket in the final, sparks'll fly!:loon

Re: Snooker: World Championships It's got the makings of a close final, but for the good of snooker and the honour and prestige of the World Championship I hope Ebdon wins it, I don't think it's right for the 1st tournament a player wins to be the World Championship. Murphy did it last year and it would be nice for an established and proven tournament winner to win it this time around.

It's got the makings of a close final, but for the good of snooker and the honour and prestige of the World Championship I hope Ebdon wins it, I don't think it's right for the 1st tournament a player wins to be the World Championship. Murphy did it last year and it would be nice for an established and proven tournament winner to win it this time around.
yeah and the fact were both on Ebdon ;)

Re: Snooker: World Championships Knew I should have been more aggressive on Ebdon rather than just taking him to win the 1st quarter:eyes. He really should win this final, however, just like in the semi, I don't think the best price of 1.57ish is that good. I feel that Dott will get off to a good start (like 2 years ago but maybe not so spectacularly!) so I'll wait to see if there's a decent price about Ebdon after the first session.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Current bets: Hendry @ 11 (9pts) OUT!! Williams @ 18 (6pts) OUT!! Doherty @ 23 (5pts) OUT!! Ebdon @ 36 (3pts) currently 1.57 Wattanna @ 210 (2pts) OUT!! Stephen Lee @ 44 (3pts) OUT!! Going back through the predictor posts on pages 4 and 5, including myself, MrIntensity, Davidmphill and 2damnhype all had Ebdon down to reach the semi-finals and Paul Ross had him to get to the quarters. Time to lay off and secure a profit now that he's reached the final- it's not going to be the best final in the world but I don't really care! Thanks guys and well played Ebdon! :clap