** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Snooker: World Championships

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: World Championships

You were saying mate?!
not anymore am I? :lol The wee man did well didnt he? That clearance to go 17-14 up was top draw and I really didnt think he had it in him. Congratulations Mr Dott, the worst world champion of all time but you deserved it tonight.:ok

The final session was fantastic viewing. It more than redeemed the rest of the match as far as I'm concerned.
You use the word fantastic far too easily mate!! :lol It might have been ok viewing for the drama but let's be fair that was an awful final, 1 century in 32 frames and I think I'm right in saying Dott won the World final with a highest break of 68 which is pathetic really.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Crap Final Glad I Wasted No Money On Two Gringing Boring Players. How Great Were The Quarters, For Me Interset In The Early Rounds, Unless Two Players Reach The Final Who Can Entertain Pointless Watching That, No Value At All. Those Two Show Wot Snooker Can Be, Whoever Is The Grittiest Over Such Distance. Looking Forward To The Best Of 9 Were I Know Dott Will Never Ever Win A Ranking Title, Will Lay Him Every Time Now

Re: Snooker: World Championships GADZOOKS!! Dott gets an automatic invite to Premier League Snooker now ....um. doesn't he? :unsure Ronnie O'Sullivan, Stephen Hendry, Graeme Dott seem three to be likely.....it's the four other places I'm 'worried' about. Although it's invitation only, Barry Hearn has to stop giving his mates Steve Davis and Jimmy White a free ride but they're still pulling the punters in and that's why they're probably going to be given another go (unless they go for either one or unlikely though it is, both of Marco Fu or Ding Junhui....someone's heart's going to be broken here). Ken Doherty is ranked number two so he should be back. John Higgins is ranked number four and should also be back. Shaun Murphy is ranked number five but I suspect he probably won't be given a go. ....someone's going to be pissed off! :lol

Re: Snooker: World Championships Well it's all over, the pint sized Scot wins and 'the vein' gets sent packing, but only after one of the longest comebacks I've ever seen. Ebdon handed Dott the Championship due to his shocking and below form 1st 3 sessions. Fair to say Ebo lost me a few quid (had a straight bet with a mate over this match) but hoe hum...

8pts - Ebdon First Century - 3.00 @ Stans - WIN + 24pts ...
Well in, the only century of the match secures me a tidy return from the last bet of the torney...
2pts - Ebdon Win - 5.50 @ Stans - LOSE 0pts ...
Oh well, those 2pts where well worth the drama of the Ebdson comeback, he really did do well in that last session... Well done Dott for winning, but I don't see much of a defence coming... Right on Paul Ross, for me the best match was Williams v O'Sullivan match, it was a beut! It was crap after that really. Fu hit me hard in this torney and I'll be keeping an eye on him this season. I reckon Doherty's a gimme for prem membership, now at rank 3 in the world, and on some good form, and Higgins should get in... Well played gentlemen, a great thread, and I did enjoy the tornament!! So, what tornaments are on the card for this season???

Re: Snooker: World Championships Points Roundup:

1st Round2nd RoundQuartersFinalTotal
Staked41.00pts35.00pts17.10pts10.00pts103.10pts
Returned41.36pts64.26pts12.40pts24.00pts142.02pts
NET+0.36pts+29.26pts-4.5pts+14.00pts+39.12pts
I tidy profit, for points, a nice 38% ROI... I'll look into everyones points later on when I've time, mullet, your roundup? how'd you do mate??

Re: Snooker: World Championships Nice return Zulu. Watched the end of the match in bed last night and I was nodding off and on during it! Fair do's to Dott he held off a great comeback by Ebdon and I have to congratulate Ebdon, he's the most gracious person I have ever come across in defeat, a gentleman and a true sportsman. Interesting to see if Dott can kick on from this and win a 2nd career title.

Crap Final Glad I Wasted No Money On Two Gringing Boring Players. How Great Were The Quarters' date=' For Me Interset In The Early Rounds, Unless Two Players Reach The Final Who Can Entertain Pointless Watching That, No Value At All. Those Two Show Wot Snooker Can Be, Whoever Is The Grittiest Over Such Distance. Looking Forward To The Best Of 9 Were I Know Dott Will Never Ever Win A Ranking Title, Will Lay Him Every Time Now[/quote'] Need to ease up on them caps on every word mate. ;)

Re: Snooker: World Championships I don't think i've ever seen a final with so many mistakes, misses and in-offs. If that was supposed to attract new players to the game it will have failed. All credit to Dott for clinging on but it was mistakes that won frames for both players rather than great snooker. Where was rocket ronnie when we needed him? Probably having some counselling for his ****ed up head. I'd love to be his sports psychologist, i'd show him his 5 min 147 clearance and explain that was him. If only his head was right.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Ok lads maybe it wasn't a great final. But give credit to Dott. He played his own game and came through. He beat Ronnie in the Semi's and beat Neil Robertson in the quarters after nearly throwing it away. He deserves a bit of credit. If Ronnie won it you would all be singing his praises. Dott is no different for me, well done Dotty boy, thoroughly deserved and although I agree with it being an average WC we can only look forward to next year. :cheers

Looks like there's a human with a giant cockerel's head on top - 2 rows directly behind the bird in the light blue jumper on the right. :lol
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin