Snooker: World Championships

Re: Snooker: World Championships Good from you zulu. Your thinking along my lines. I think Selby will just be happy to win the frame and move on whereas ronnie always scores big as you say and over 25 frames he must win this 10 points ronnie highest break at 1.40 with Skybet

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: World Championships

Either that or Willie Thorne igniting a failed accumulator slip. Silly willy.
lol, missed that one!
what do u guys think? can maguire turn the match?
I think he can, he didn't seem happy this session, but he should get his head squared away during the break. I certainly hope he can otherwise I've lost another shite load of money!! This is turning into an expensive tornament. I also think Fu will start to twitch or tire as the match goes on, Fu's had ALOT less experiance, especially with long matches. I'm off home for the weekend, looking forward to the weekends matches! Good luck to everyone, judging from my experiance this torney, we'll all need it...

Re: Snooker: World Championships Fu did play very well in that session though it has to be said. Was very suprised at the quality on show. Selby just went 1 shy of Williams highest break so far with a 72 when he should have easily made a 90 :\ Still itd be supriging if Williams 73 currently remains highest break so hopefulyl it shldnt matter. If it does thats gona be well annoying though but surely one of thems got a century in them.

lol, missed that one! I think he can, he didn't seem happy this session, but he should get his head squared away during the break. I certainly hope he can otherwise I've lost another shite load of money!! This is turning into an expensive tornament. I also think Fu will start to twitch or tire as the match goes on, Fu's had ALOT less experiance, especially with long matches. I'm off home for the weekend, looking forward to the weekends matches! Good luck to everyone, judging from my experiance this torney, we'll all need it...
Fu's had a darn sight more experience in these longer matches than Maguire. This is Maguire's 1st ever best of 25 frame match. Fu has been this far a few times before and has even been beyond this stage. To answer the question, no I don't think he can. To win now he is going to have no win no worse than 11-6 which may sound easy but Maguire hasn't dealt out a thrashing like that to anyone this season. Fu's experienced enough to get what he is offered. Unfortunately I underestimated Fu, or believed the hype that surrounds Maguire either way I was wrong. I don't see Maguire winning from here.

Fu did play very well in that session though it has to be said. Was very suprised at the quality on show. Selby just went 1 shy of Williams highest break so far with a 72 when he should have easily made a 90 :\ Still itd be supriging if Williams 73 currently remains highest break so hopefulyl it shldnt matter. If it does thats gona be well annoying though but surely one of thems got a century in them.
If a ton doesn't win it, I'll be more than shocked. :ok

Re: Snooker: World Championships I tell thee, Robertson is playing some good snooker, admittably he does look nervous at times but his long potting is really good and when he gets in amongst the balls he looks comfortable. Lee isn't playing the best snooker of his life, but is still playing fair.. Could Robertson do a Murphy or something like that? :) (i know he is higher up the rankings than Murphy was when he won it but he still is an outsider..)

I tell thee, Robertson is playing some good snooker, admittably he does look nervous at times but his long potting is really good and when he gets in amongst the balls he looks comfortable. Lee isn't playing the best snooker of his life, but is still playing fair.. Could Robertson do a Murphy or something like that? :) (i know he is higher up the rankings than Murphy was when he won it but he still is an outsider..)
Yeah his long range potting has been outstanding. He had to beat hendry and Murphy on his way to the final so i didn't back him but he definitely had the best chance of the outsiders at 50-1. He was fav at 7-2 to be top non seed which i did suggest but didn't bet. Went with LEE to win his quarter instead. DAMMMM:spank

SportSnooker/Pool
EventDoherty v Stevens
SelectionOver 22 Frames
Strength10/10
Date22/04/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks a very tight match with two very experienced crucible players here. Doherty has been on good form throughout the season, whereas Stevens has been anything but. However, Stevens showed enough to suggest he can be a contender in this match and I can't see either player running away with it. This could well go all the way to the final frame, but 13-10 or closer either way is a winner.

Sport(Snooker)
EventO'Sullivan vs Day
SelectionOVER 22.5 Frames
Strength10/10
Date24/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning4-4 at the moment and there is nothing to choose between either player IMO. 13-10 or more either way is a win and as the way things are going it would be unwise to underestimate Day who has latched onto O'Sullivan the fav going into the 2nd session.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Just checked the in running odds for Day vs O'Sullivan and dont beleive what Ive seen. Ryan Day is 11/10 even though he is 9-7 up. I think its going to be tough for Ronnie to come back now and have had a hefty bet on Day at 11/10. Amazing value. :hope

SportSnooker/Pool
EventWorld Champs Outright
SelectionRonnie O'Sullivan
Strength10/10
Date01/05/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 4.50 (Back)
ReasoningI haven't lost faith in my main outright bet, far from it. This is more of an arb than a bet as I still feel Ronnie will edge Day out despite being 9-7 down. If he beats Day, the price will be back down to 2.50 and then I will lay it off instantly as I firmly believe Williams is the man they all have to beat.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Yes Paul - backing Ronnie at that price could be a shrewd move, we all know that he can come out all guns blazing and fight till the end in a match. I'm pleased Doherty got through as Stevens was a tricky opponent. I still have 3 players left in the tournament fighting for me: Hendry @ 11 (9pts) OUT!! Williams @ 18 (6pts) currently 5.2 :loon Doherty @ 23 (5pts) currently 6.2 :loon Ebdon @ 36 (3pts) currently 16.0 Wattanna @ 210 (2pts) OUT!! Stephen Lee @ 44 (3pts) OUT!! Danny

Re: Snooker: World Championships Yeah looks like a good idea Paul. Ok just to recap how my bets 4 the 2nd round are going. 1st round Staked - 70 points Returns - 89.3 points 2nd round 20 points doherty at 1.9 WON returns = 39 points 10 points o'sullivan highest break at 1.4 (o'sullivan 140 at mo) 5 points williams -3.5 at 2.08 WON returns = 10.4 points 5 point acc at 4.24 (just need o'sullivan win) Looks like if o'sullivan win could be a return of 84.6 off 40 points staked, fingers crossed.

Does anyone believe Day threw it on pupose or is he simply crap under pressure? T'was pathetic at the end.
Thats way harsh on him, he didnt have the run of the balls and was also against Ronnie. Course he didnt throw it on purpose you could see he was gutted and wanted to win.

Does anyone believe Day threw it on pupose or is he simply crap under pressure? T'was pathetic at the end.
Don't be stupid, if he wanted to throw it he would have just missed not miscued. You'd struggle to do that if you tried. He still went for his shots but under pressure from the best player in the game he missed. It happens. I've not been in PL as long as you but it seems every time you post, you are either accusing someone of throwing a match or you question whether they have. Sometimes in sport someone has a bad game or their opponent is too good.

Re: Snooker: World Championships First of all, I'd like to take this opportunity to open with a petite tirade. What the hell just happened in Stevens v Doherty final session?? Un believable, Flabberghasting, at 8-8 everyone was counting their chips for overs, I personally had 21.5 and 22 for a bonus, and Paul Ross quite rightly tipped the action, who say a Doherty 5 frame steam roll??? Well, I'm just about ready to give in on this betting malarky, bloody Fu's cost me a fortune in two rounds, now Doherty'll have to show him what on form is, c'mon Ken! but you couldn't get me to bet on that game for a million quid... Tirade over, on with some recaps: 2nd Round Bets

6pts - Doherty v Stevens - Doherty Win +1.5 hncp 1.61 @ >bet365 - WIN + 9.66
Well in Ken, a blinding last session clinches it, I took conservative odds because of some losing streaks, and it turned out pointless. I fancy Ken for a final, and against Fu Ken'll tee off (If he can). Fu is now my black sheep, my nemisis so I'm staying awayyyyy...
10pts – Williams v Selby – Williams -2.5 hncp – 1.73 @ Paddy Power - WIN +17.3pts

Well in, another fancy for the final (Doherty v Williams, now that would be a final). But it's all off now, as he plays a convincing looking O'Sullivan. What a game, With O'Sullivan making cue and tip problems up and a shaky look during that 2nd session, I'm thinking the bookies favourite will give good odds on Williams...

10pts – Day v O’Sullivan - O’Sullivan Highest Break – 1.40 @ SkyBet

- WIN +14pts

Get in Ronnie, a nice 140 in the first 8 frames made this a comfortable bet...
6pts – Stevens v Doherty – Stevens Highest Break – 2.00 @ Paddy Power

- WIN +12pts

Stevens wins me some more points with a much less convincing 88 highest break in the first 8 also, a Wins a Win....

My Patented Losing !!WINNING!! Accumulators!

3pts Accumulator – Total odds 3.77 - WIN +11.3pts Day v O’Sullivan – 1.14 - WIN .... Stevens v Doherty – 1.84 - WIN ... Selby v Williams – 1.35 - WIN ... Gray v Ebdon – 1.33 - WIN ...
Get in, wish I'd had more on that one... So overall: 1st Round Staked: 41pts Returned: 41.36pts NET: + 0.36pts 2nd Round Staked: 35pts Returned: 64.26pts NET: + 29.74pts Get in, a much healthier result, ROI of 84.97%, wicked. Good one for you too Mullet! Break that 100% ROI, why don't ya! Guess we where both wrong on the cloth, I said Sunday Morning, you said Sat Morning, they do it Sat night, lol... To recap my initial predictions for round 2:
Initial Thoughts Selby v Williams - Williams Win(10) Fu v Maguire - Maguire win(10) Murphy v Davis - Murphy win(9) Day v O'Sullivan - O'Sulllivan win (8) Stevens v Doherty - Doherty win (7) Bond v Dott - Dott win (6) Gray v Ebdon - Ebdon win (5) Lee v Robertson - Lee win (4)
75%, not too shabby... I'm glad they've changed the cloth, the players seem a bit happier. Initial thoughts now are the Doherty looks great, he fancies his own talent, Murphy's doing well but Ebdon just pushed Gray aside. My inial predictions for the quarters THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINION so no reasoning yet (as the last time i did it off the bat, it rightly got rubbished ;) ). Confidence way down now, this is shaping up to be a fantastic w-c. I don't expect to hit more than 50% of these, as they are a little influenced by who I'd like to win.... Dott v Robertson (8) - What can I say? I even got the outsider wrong on this one, I ain't got a a clue. Robertson looks good though. [edited as I was soo far off the mark you'd wonder what mark I was looking at, see how bad I got it wrong in kevshats quote...] Williams v O'Sullivan (5) - Oh my gosh, the top of the last quarter and its proper HARDCORE, its everything everyone expected it to be. Williams plowing through opponents and riding the on form wave, and much reveired Ronnie, looking good, (making up) tip problems and still playing well, but his saftey looks a very little bit loose sometimes. Williams is a big fancy against anyone, and out of all the quarter finalists I'd have loved to see him up against any of them than Ronnie, hold you breath fella's this one'll be better that Stevens v Doherty, better than Hendry v Bond, I can't wait!!! Doherty v Fu (5) - I would be putting Doherty down much higher in confidence for this match, but Fu's upset me twice already, and I just can't see past another upset if I bet on Ken... Murphy v Ebdon (4) - Murphy looks good so I fully expect to be turned over here, but Murphy hasn't been really challanged up till now (neither has Edon really), and now its on against another player on fairly good form... Stay tuned for my quarter final bets, folks! (but don't bet on them, Mullet and Paul Ross are doing better!!! :ok)

if he wanted to throw it he would have just missed not miscued. You'd struggle to do that if you tried.
Double or nothing Kevshat, that I can make that mis-cue 3 out of 4... Dammit I'm shit atr snooker, good at pool though...
He still went for his shots but under pressure from the best player in the game he missed. It happens.
And lets not forget the pressure from the audience! Did you hear it at the beginning of the session, they where roaring and bellowing for Ronnie, that must have given Day some sort of a twitch...

Dott v Robertson (8) - What can I say? As people have said Robertson looks good' date= real good, he's tightened his game a bit since his 1st round, and put Lee out, Dotts been quitely making progress, a good match, and I think a bit of a bet on the outsider would be some value...
Zulu, if a bet on the outsider would be some value why are you tipping up Robertson? I can't find anywhere that Robertson is the outsider in this match. Personally I wouldn't go near him at odds on. Then again as I'm on him outright I don't need to.