Snooker: World Championships

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: World Championships At 13/8 o/r and 4/7 to beat Williams equates to odds of 4/6 o/r after beating Williams. What would he be against Dott? 1/4 And then in the final the biggest he would be would be 1/3 against Doherty, much shorter the others. So the only question remains.... is the 4/7 a crap price? ;)

Re: Snooker: World Championships The rocket's been launched! He's just blown Williams away in that session. Breaks of 56, 72, 68, 109, 95 and 70 have sent him 10-6 up and he's away and gone. He's reminded me of when he won the title 2 years ago. He struggled to get to the semis needing a deciding frame against Andy Hicks in round 2 and struggling past Maguire in the 1st round but then in the semis and final he pissed all over Hendry and Dott and if he wins this which I think he will now, history could repeat itself. Is there any of that 13/8 left?!

Re: Snooker: World Championships

Bookies pretty much reacting to the fact that he is blowing away his main rival left!
Dont forget what Ebdon did to Ronnie last year. He'll be trying exactly the same tactics again and I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a similar result.

The way Fu is playing at the moment' date=' I really fancy him to beat Edbon/Murphy then face O'Sullivan in the final. He is the form of his life and could give O'Sullivan a real tough match.[/quote'] I don't. Ebdon is playing superb snooker and is unflappable. He's been to World semis on a fairly regular basis and we know he can play well for 17 days as he showed in 2002. He'll be used to the surroundings and everything and Fu might take a while coming to terms with the 1 table set-up. Ebdon might not be flamboyant and can be boring to watch at times but the snooker he's stuck on Murphy in this match is untrue. He'll beat Fu I think. It could well be close but that's the environment that Ebdon's best in. Wouldn't an Ebdon-O'Sullivan final be great? A year on from all the shenanigans of last year. That would be superb to watch.

Dont forget what Ebdon did to Ronnie last year. He'll be trying exactly the same tactics again and I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a similar result.
Me neither mate. The difference this year is Ronnie isn't as feared as he was last year and Ebdon is without question playing better snooker this week than he was at that stage last season. This year Ebdon could almost go toe to toe with the great one and beat him without the extra tactics.

With 2 of the quarter finals covered with my outright bets, I'm going to have a couple of bets on the other 2 quarter finals. 10pts P.Ebdon to beat S.Murphy 6/4 Bet Direct In short, Ebdon has looked far more impressive in this tournament than Murphy. It's been discussed in this thread about how guys can play themselves into form, well Ebdon has done it and when he's in form he's a pain in the arse to beat. He'll never give in and I'm not sure if Murphy has the game to cope with an on fire Ebdon. I know he beat him in the semis last year but the roles and pressures are reversed this year. 10pts R.O'Sullivan vs M.Williams to have over 22 frames 6/5 Ladbrokes This will be a cracker, no doubt about that. I know there's a lot of confidence behind Williams but I can't back him because he's up against O'Sullivan who was the reason I swerved Williams outright. I'll be surprised if we don't see a top form O'Sullivan and if we do this bet will be a certainty. It's one of those matches where neither player will get away from the other easily unless one plays really badly and rather than sit there wanting someone to win, I'll sit back and enjoy some top quality snooker with no allegiance.
That makes up for an awful 2nd round as both quarter finals bets have come in. Ebdon beats Murphy 13-7 and it's 11-10 to O'Sullivan as I type so there must be more than 22 frames in that game. 27pt profit for the round :clap

SportSnooker/Pool
EventWorld Championships
SelectionEBDON to win 1st quarter
Strength10/10
Date28/04/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 5.00 (Back)
ReasoningInteresting little quarter at the top of the draw with defending champion Murphy at around evens to get through it. That looks like an awful price to me, he has to win 3 matches and they all look tough. He has been pretty average since winning last year, and doesn't look to be in great shape to make the defense of his title. First up for him is Wattana who has looked pretty decent at times this year, and if he clicks could well give Murphy a tough game. Next up would be Davis/Hicks, I'd favour Davis to beat Hicks and set up the meeting with Murphy. Murphy would be heavy favourite but if his long potting isn't spot on he could get into a lot of problems in that one. The bottom bit of this section looks nicer, with Ebdon/Holt and White/Gray battling it out. Ebdon has been poor lately but is always focused on this event and much prefers the longer format. He should have no problems with Holt who you'd expect to get frustrated and go a little mental against Ebdon! So Ebdon would play the winner of White/Gray; Gray hasn't done much for a while now and although Jimmy doens't appear to be in good form, I'd fancy him to come through. Ebdon/White would be good to see but just can't see Jimmy putting in a performance needed to beat Ebdon at this event. So it should be Murphy v Ebdon to win this quarter and I make that pretty close to 50/50; I think Murphy will have problems with the expectation on him here and with his own game, so I have to take Ebdon at a great price.
Finally something comes off:nana :nana Should be a very interesting semi against Fu, want to back Ebdon but doubt the price will be anything to get excited about, might wait till after the 1st session;)

Re: Snooker: World Championships No afraid i'm stuck in work with basic internet. Don't even have flash. Between the Liverpool match and the snooker I think i've pressed the refresh button 768 times in the last hour. Hate not watching it! Thank Christ for the Punters Lounge.

Have doubled Williams +2.5 @4/5 & Ebdon @5/4 with Skybet Think the Williams match will be close and either player has the game to take the honours, I think Williams seems to be in the right frame of mind for this, but Ronnie is Ronnie so have gone for the safety of the hcp. As said before Ebdon has got his snooker head on now and Murphy may well find himself outplayed mentally and on the table.
Will do for me :nana

Re: Snooker: World Championships In that case mate try the World snooker website, that's got ball for ball live scoring which should save your refresh button from further damage! O'Sullivan in straight away in frame 24, on a break of 28 and counting.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Despite missing a black I've never seen him miss before O'Sullivan wins frame and match to go through 13-11. He'll take some stopping from here and I don't see Dott being the man to do it. Not a good day for the outrights on this thread.

Cheers for the updates kev' date=' can't find the live score on the site anywhere. Thats not too say it isn't there though as my heads a bit fried after a rollercoaster day of gambling.[/quote'] If you're stuck at work and need live scoring again this week mate, then click on the 888.com icon on the main world snooker page, that opens up the World Championships page which has a link for live scoring. Open that page up and it tells you where to click for live scoring, click on the link and you can have live scoring either in HTML or Flash.

If you're stuck at work and need live scoring again this week mate' date=' then click on the 888.com icon on the main world snooker page, that opens up the World Championships page which has a link for live scoring. Open that page up and it tells you where to click for live scoring, click on the link and you can have live scoring either in HTML or Flash.[/quote'] Mr Shat you are a gentleman. Many thanks to you sir. Check out the Eircom Irish League thread on Friday and you shall receive your reward. Thanks again buddy.

Mr Shat you are a gentleman. Many thanks to you sir. Check out the Eircom Irish League thread on Friday and you shall receive your reward. Thanks again buddy.
Happy to be of service mate. Were you on Ronnie for the match or are you on him outright? I apologise in advance if the answer is in this thread but I'm taking the lazy route as I can't be arsed to trawl through the thread to look for myself!! One other thing, it's Mr Hat :ok

Re: Snooker: World Championships :$ Oops that makes much more sense alright what with the Luton avatar and all. Yeah i'm just waiting on Ronnie to win outright for my accumulator to come up trumps. I have a feeling hes not going to make it easy for me though. Ah well the more they make you sweat the sweeter you feel when it comes up ( eh that last sentence was 100% accumulator related!)

:$ Oops that makes much more sense alright what with the Luton avatar and all. Yeah i'm just waiting on Ronnie to win outright for my accumulator to come up trumps. I have a feeling hes not going to make it easy for me though. Ah well the more they make you sweat the sweeter you feel when it comes up ( eh that last sentence was 100% accumulator related!)
No worries mate. Others have made that mistake hence the Luton avatar now! Now that Doherty is out I wish you luck with Ronnie, as I said earlier his form so far has reminded me of 2004 when he won the title, had a tough path to the semis then went into overdrive and Hendry and Dott couldn't live with him. I'd worry about Ebdon if I were you because he can get to O'Sullivan as we saw last year but I'd like my chances if I was on Ronnie now.

Re: Snooker: World Championships :wall I give in, Williams and Doherty crash out, I knew Fu would spoil me again. :@ Ho Hum...

10pts - Williams v O'Sullivan - Williams win - 3.00 @ totalbet - LOSE ... 5pts - Ebdon v Murphy - Ebdon win 2.48 @ Pinnical ... - WIN + 12.4pts 2.1pts - Treble - combined odds 9.00 @ StanJames - LOSE Williams v O'Sullivan - 2.88 Doherty v Fu - 1.25 Murphy v Ebdon - 2.50 ...
1st Round
2nd Round
Quarter
Total
Staked
41.00pts
35.00pts
17.10pts
93.10pts
Returned
41.36pts
64.26pts
12.40pts
118.02pts
NET
+0.36pts
+29.26pts
-4.5pts
+25.12pts
Points doing alot better than I'm actually doing, Fu's knackered me in all the stages... Great games though, been glued to my PC screen...

Re: Snooker: World Championships Jesus Ebdon is around 1.44 most places which is lower than I expected! Fu is probably a good call if you fancy trading, definately see him keeping it competitive for a while. Still fancy Ebdon, but won't touch that price, hopefully get a better situation after the first session;).