** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Snooker: World Championships

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: World Championships

Good late comeback from Wattana keeps him in it. A fast start tonight and things will might a bit hairy for Murphy.
Where to find livescore ? Worldsnooker.com , blocked 1st 2 games , and now in their offer only Davis and Higgins. Thanks

Re: Snooker: World Championships Agree 100% Paul regarding the Doherty v Hawkins match, i see that being a tight match. Though you should have backed Ladbrokes over 17 frames at 7/4 and exactly 17 at 9/2 it gives you just about 5/6 better than Paddy's 8/11.

Agree 100% Paul regarding the Doherty v Hawkins match, i see that being a tight match. Though you should have backed Ladbrokes over 17 frames at 7/4 and exactly 17 at 9/2 it gives you just about 5/6 better than Paddy's 8/11.
Well spotted, that was me being lazy. :$ Anyone noticed how slow the tables are running? I would suggest you stay well clear of any century break bets for now, although I'm almost certain all the players will have something to say after today. :ok

Are there 16 seeds? I cant see them all getting through christo. Im no expert, but 17-75 in the rankings are all capable of beating any of the seeds on the day.Surely 4-6 will fall in the first round?
Yeah there are 16 seeds, Hunter is 6th for some reason?! Contrary to my comment I believe Robertson may well defeat him in the first round :unsure ...

Shaun Murphy' date=' how is this man the world champion. Absolutely shocking as is his amateur opponent James Wattana. I could play better snooker myself and if any of these players go further than the quarters I will jump out my window.[/quote'] That's a simple one. He's World Champion because he had no pressure on him last year and beat all comers. This year he is under more pressure and judging by his interview piece for the BBC he's not 100% well either. He won't win the World Championship but he's not a bad player either.

Re: Snooker: World Championships My bets on day 1 were: James Wattana +3.5 to beat Shaun Murphy - 1.84 >Betfair Graeme Dott -3.5 to beat John Parrot - 2.00 >Betfair Stephen Lee to beat Ali Carter - 1.80 >Betfair (NAP) Wattana got beat 10-4 so that is down. Graeme Dott is up 7-2 so that bet is looking good and I cant see Parrot winning another 5 frames, ive layed that bet off at 1/10 so can't lose either way. Stephen Lee is beating Ali Carter 6-3 going into tomorrow, I will settle for that, was going to lay him off but Carter is not playing well and I reckon Lee will finish him off tomorrow. :D

Hendry @ 11 (9pts) Williams @ 18 (6pts) Doherty @ 23 (5pts) Ebdon @ 36 (3pts) Wattanna @ 210 (2pts)
Yes I'm sad to see the first bet fall so early with James Wattana - he could've done so much better. Having said that he was a big price (what did I expect?!!) and I'm glad I didn't back Murphy outright judging him on this match. I see Higgins is losing 6-3 aswell...:loon

Re: Snooker: World Championships C'mon Ken, your my man! Watching Dott Parrott at mo, betting the winning margins :) I really don't like the look of Higgin's, he don't look like the same player we left in China. If he don't pick up I might consider some big lays... Just popped in to see the chatter, good to see you all here! Howdy Mullet, how was your hols, sunny? If you took a mobile you could have had another week and bet from the beach!! :) Does anyone have any suggestions for good in-running betting? there's a massive market out there this torney...

Re: Snooker: World Championships Hi zulu. Holiday was excellent thanks. Signapore fantastic city if you haven't been. Bangkok bit dirty though, cheap as f**k tho. Look at my previous posts zulu about two evenly matched players playing each other, doherty hawkins could be a contender for this. Lee (nap) doing the buisness as well. What you put most of your money on. p.s. great spot paul on dott highest break, had some money on it to from your advice so fingers crossed. Couple quid on doherty 10-9 as well.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Lee too, Always stuck out to me as well, healthy prices as well. Got a few quid split between McManus and Doherty too, and all 3 feature heavily in my real would accumulators and trebles, but then, so does Higgins, what a bite in the ass if he doesn't improve... Thinking about lumping a little more on Lee (I was a little conservative with my approch late on Friday) But can't find any value, can you see 'out?? Got your previous mullet, but I think more stratagy is called for. I wished my brain worked Sundays... Did you meet any ladie-boys mullet? Or was it a strictly business trip to chose your mail order birde?? hehehe Seriously, I hope you loaded up with electronic goods when you where in Singapore, at a third of the price of here (uk) I'd have filled my suitcase...

Re: Snooker: World Championships Yea, I struggle to pick out the big breakers though, apart from the few obvious... Just gonna have to get down to business and trawl through some drawsheets! Be back soon, gonna grab some lunch. Do you reckon on highest break in Lee v Carter??

Re: Snooker: World Championships One new bet for me on day 2: Stephen Maguire -2.5 to beat Mark King - 2.06 Betfair Stephen Maguire if putting his best foot forward would easily dispose of Mark King over 19 frames any day. However he hasn't been the same since his first round defeat here last year when O'Sullivan beat him 10-9 after Maguire missed an easy red when 9-8 up. That has obviously played on his mind but now he is back at The Crucible im sure he will put his all in again. I would ignore his bad results through the season as the best players usually perform at the Crucible and Maguire is one of the best. Mark King had to come through the qualifying but did so very easily. However he is not in the same class as Maguire on his day and I predict a win of around 10-6 or 10-7 for on fire stephy maguire. Current Running Bets: Stephen Lee to beat Ali Carter - 1.80 Betfair Current Score: 6-3 Lee, played to a finish at 2.30pm today. My only bet of the day as the other matches are playing to a finish. Im waiting on Lee who was my nap on day one to finish the job off against Carter and I didn't get involved in the Higgins/Selby or Davis/Hicks games. Just going to keep a record of my bets at the Crucible, posting them all on sports-punter aswell: -------------------------------------------- Wattana +3.5 against Murphy at 1.84 - Lost ... -10pts Dott -3.5 against Parrot at 2.00 - Won ... +10pts Lee to beat Carter at 1.80 ... Running Maguire -2.5 against King at 2.06 ... Running --------------------------------------------

Re: Snooker: World Championships Aiy, Lee's got it for sure, and Ken's already got the nails in the coffin too. But I'm stressed over Higgins Match, he's got it all to do, and he's a key win in a few of my bets, gulp. Can't decide to take advantage of the odds and re-bet on Higgins on confidence, or try and Jinx the game and bet a bit of saver action the other way... I hear you Mullet, maybe play the total frames, Lee Carter could well end up 10-4, 10-5 or 10-6 no higher.

Re: Snooker: World Championships I've also backed Stephen Lee outright @ 42 on Betfair (3points) He seems to be playing well, has always done ok at the Crucibal, I seem to remember him making the Quarter and Semi finals in recent years, and won a recent tournament. Moreover, he hails from my home town (Trowbridge) so I should really be backing him - gooo on fat boy! :ok

But I'm stressed over Higgins Match, he's got it all to do, and he's a key win in a few of my bets, gulp. Can't decide to take advantage of the odds and re-bet on Higgins on confidence, or try and Jinx the game and bet a bit of saver action the other way...
Zulu, Higgins will come back. I think he will actually win 10-8 or 10-7, he is the better player and class should shine through in the end.

Re: Snooker: World Championships Watched the highlights last night of Lee V Carter and they were both really poor, making silly mistakes. I will be backing opposition in next round whoever it is. I can't see either of these two progressing very far, whichever goes through.