Betfred Forum Challenge

GaF

Betfred have invited Punters Lounge to submit a team of 10 players into their upcoming Forum Challenge. This will be run over two legs - 20:30 on Wednesday 18th January and 20:30 on Saturday 21st January. Buy in is $2 + $0.20 per player. Added to the prize fund will be two $400 seats to a $100,000 tournament on 29th January. One goes to the best individual player and one goes to the best overall team. If a PL team member wins the individual prize, then this is theirs and they get to keep it (and move forward with our support!!). If we win the team prize, then this will be given away in a Private PL event (probably low buy in private MTT) open to PL members (not just the team that won it). Points are awarded as follows: 1st = 20 Points 2nd = 17 Points 3rd = 14 Points 4th = 12 Points 5th = 10 Points 6th = 8 Points 7th = 6 Points 8th = 5 Points 9th = 4 Points 10th = 3 Points 11th - 15th = 2 Points 16th - 20th = 1 Point The team has been selected, on a subjective combination of Poker Ability and contribution to the Poker Forum. All players have confirmed their availability for both legs. I'm sure you'll agree, it looks a cracking team. Apologies to those not selected - with the quality in depth we have in the forum at the moment, I'm sure you'll appreciate how difficult it was to narrow it down to just 10 players - we could easily have fielded 3 teams (or more!!) that would have looked just as strong. In no particular order...... GotaFancy (Telepee) Philossify (philossify) Sheedy Freekick (PatBateman) Brael (brael) GazBlades (GazBlades) Valiant23 (PLValiant23) Big Andy (StellaMonster) Norfolk Enchance (Xtrmntr) Slapdash (slapdash) guesswest (guesswest)

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfred Forum Challenge

good team....but no fenners?
As I said Danno - there were some REALLY tough choices. I could probably name another team of 10 who I could put a great case forward for to be included........and probably deserve to be included - but we could only go with 10 in the end.

Would they not allow a second team?
No (I did ask the question). This is an "exclusive" and value added competition - I think their intent is that it is one "best of" team per forum and it is a level playing field for all forums - for a lot of these forum challenges, it is often the biggest forum that wins - this is not the case here. I can understand what they're trying to achieve (much as I would like to put a 2nd, 3rd and 4th team in!!).

Re: Betfred Forum Challenge I don't think Jose Mourinho has an easier task to be honest. We would have liked to have had 2 more teams and it was a tough making choices in such a short time frame. For almost every player that got picked 2 good players have missed out, which is why we hope to win the team prize, to give everyone an opportunity to get to the main event.

I am not suggesting that the team isn't good enough at all GaF?. It is a great line up, just putting Fenners name in the mix as he has been successful and thought it might be a discussion topic!
The selection criteria was discussed long and hard, and cases were made for a hell of a lot of players who aren't in. In fact you could argue that almost everyone who has done (or won) something significant should be entered. The first query we sent to Martyn (?) at BetFred was can we have 3 teams? The thing that has been said most of all, though, is that the absolute last thing we want is to alienate anyone. I hope that this is successful for BetFred (and for us), as this would allow the other good players the opportunity to have the hopes of a forum riding on their shoulders.

Re: Betfred Forum Challenge :nana Great team selection.. I think you had a very difficult job to get to these lads . but I for one am going to be there on the 18th to cheer you lads on, sorry i can't make the 21st i am at work. but you have my fullest support. as i know all the rest of us know we will be playing when you win the team event.. go on P/L CCHHAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:clap :hope :ok

Guest gazza271

I think it would only be fair that the next time a competition like this comes up then those not involved this time round get first crack at it. This may have already been proposed but what does everyone else think?
My gut instinct is to disagree mate, I think it should be the form players everytime that get to represent PL, I would have loved to have been involved but my form is to much like a damn yoyo (and mostly on the down side at mo:( ) and i know there are other players that are much more consistant,last thing i would want is to get knocked out early ! I think whoever at PL organised it has had a bloody hard job picking just 10 players and unfortunately some decent players have got to miss out. Just my thoughts:D

Re: Betfred Forum Challenge and I have to disagree as well - with you I am afraid how do you quantify good players? do you pick bankroll? ITM finishes? posts on here? and what level of play? $1/$10/$100/$1000 buy ins? just because someone can afford to buy in for a grand doesn't mean they are better than someone who's BR only allows them to buy in for $5 The only thing I would say regarding a future team is that if all the same players get picked again, what message does that send? perhaps if you are not in the clique then you don't get to play? I can't see anyway that you can rank people to say they are a better player, unless we use something like the dollar up tounry as qualification? (it doesn't have to be the dollar up, but an agreed tourny that people are prepared to enter and play in on a regular basis, with the top ten forming the next team?) I think this is really tough for all concerned and unfortunately there is no way that it can be fair to everyone - I think they have a done a great job so far (as can be seen by the posts - all positive, and no bitching) - gl to them and I am 100% behind the PL team. just my thoughts Damo :cheers

My gut instinct is to disagree mate, I think it should be the form players everytime that get to represent PL, I would have loved to have been involved but my form is to much like a damn yoyo (and mostly on the down side at mo:( ) and i know there are other players that are much more consistant,last thing i would want is to get knocked out early ! I think whoever at PL organised it has had a bloody hard job picking just 10 players and unfortunately some decent players have got to miss out. Just my thoughts:D

I can't see anyway that you can rank people to say they are a better player' date=' unless we use something like the dollar up tounry as qualification? (it doesn't have to be the dollar up, but an agreed tourny that people are prepared to enter and play in [u']on a regular basis, with the top ten forming the next team?)
I was about to suggest that for if there's another time (shame we didn't use it this time!! :rollin ) Seriously though, looks like a great team, and I'm sure they've got as good a chance as any of bringing the team and individual prizes home to PL - all the best guys, will be rooting for you!

Re: Betfred Forum Challenge Hi GaF I guessed as much - as I said, its a VERY tricky thing to resolve, and I think it has been done to the best that it can, all fair and above board. Just worth thinking about for the future tho' - coz hopefully we might have a few more of these tourneys :nana :nana :nana cheers Damo :cheers

I did loosely use the last PL League and the December Dollar Up as a guide' date=' but also considered overall contribution to the poker forum and length of time of PL membership.[/quote']

Re: Betfred Forum Challenge To be honest, i feel i should make a post with regards to this and i am not wanting to get into any arguments. The people who have sorted out the team have had a very tough job as they have been limited by the rules of the challenge set by Betfred. For a forum such as this with so many contributing members it is always going to be difficult to satisfy everyone. No doubt there will be more and similar tournaments for you guys to enter as a whole but for this one it has been a toughy. But its good to see the support is there and it seems the seats will be played for at another tourney open to all. Just so you know, Betfred would be happy to hold the play off for the seat if Punterslounge win :ok

Re: Betfred Forum Challenge thats very generous Martyn - and thanks for your input on the forum. Really looking forward to this and our team going for it!!!!!! cheers Damo

To be honest, i feel i should make a post with regards to this and i am not wanting to get into any arguments. The people who have sorted out the team have had a very tough job as they have been limited by the rules of the challenge set by Betfred. For a forum such as this with so many contributing members it is always going to be difficult to satisfy everyone. No doubt there will be more and similar tournaments for you guys to enter as a whole but for this one it has been a toughy. But its good to see the support is there and it seems the seats will be played for at another tourney open to all. Just so you know, Betfred would be happy to hold the play off for the seat if Punterslounge win :ok