UK Snooker Championships

Re: UK Snooker Championships

Wouldnt disagree with that at all, was only flicking over to his match with King but it seems Mark completely lost the plot and even when Joe was missing chances in the balls he still seem to be getting away with it. 1.60 would do just fine :)
i would be interested to see if there were any "unusual betting patterns" in the King v Perry game because that looked very dodgy to me.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UK Snooker Championships Pobby, King just lost the plot as he is prone to doing. He has a very average game in reality and when it goes wrong, it goes very wrong. I don't think his head is the best, but he'll always struggle for consistency because of his stance in my opinion. He plays with both knees bent, and that's not good, surprised he has got as far as he has in the game really.

Re: UK Snooker Championships It's very rare I do this anymore, but I'm going for a treble on the quarter final matches. ;) 10pts Treble Ding Dong to beat Robertson Doherty to beat Davis Bingham to beat Perry @ 3.87 Centrebet Robertson is going to be a great player in time but he still a little bit too twitchy for my liking and hits the ball way too hard when under pressure. He may well give Ding a good game, but I feel the match last night will have drained him and Ding is in superb form at present. Davis has just come off a great win over Maguire, but I don't believe he will repeat that. Looking back at that match I think Maguire looked unsure of himself and Davis spotted it, so Davis just kept digging in but did so with a tremendous 145 and a 70+ to close out the match. Doherty has looked very very good and I've always said that this guy is class when he is on song and can beat anyone, quite how he has won the world title once is beyond me at times. Doherty has a better all round game than Maguire for me, and looks much more mentally assure of himself, beating Higgins proved that. Bingham is going to take a whole world of stopping and maybe the toughest task he has is believing he can go all the way. A superb break builder and potter with a smooth cueing action. He will still be pretty fresh and I just can't see Perry stopping him. Perry was in absolute tatters last night, and he got through simply because Mark King was an even bigger mess. Bingham has not folded once yet, and I think he may well steam roller Perry if he gets an early 2 or 3 frame lead. ;)

Re: UK Snooker Championships Does anyone think that Carter is overpriced to beat Hendry? The lad has a half decent record against him and this tournament really is anyones now - another upset could be on the cards. As for the Perry V King match. I know they must be good mates, I live in Romford and have seen them drinking together and eating in the Noodle bar a few times over the last few years, maybe there was something to it eh? Im not making any kind of suggestion and dont thing for one minute it was rigged but you never know.

Well Doherty has been total shite thus far. Anyone think he can come back?:\
Personally I can't see it. Davis is playing quite well still. For Doherty to win Davis would have to fall away completely but I just think that even if Davis did fall away he'd still be good enough to scrap away and nick 3 out of the possible 10 frames. I think the bookies have slightly overreacted to Stephen Hendry though. Hendry leads 5-3 but Carter finished the session much better and had he not have started so poorly he could well be leading going into tonight. Hendry only won 1 frame in 1 visit which would show that his game is not all there whereas Ali had 2 centuries. If Hendry doesn't improve I can see Carter turning that one around. Ladbrokes and Stan James go 5/1 on Carter winning from here.

Personally I can't see it. Davis is playing quite well still. For Doherty to win Davis would have to fall away completely but I just think that even if Davis did fall away he'd still be good enough to scrap away and nick 3 out of the possible 10 frames. I think the bookies have slightly overreacted to Stephen Hendry though. Hendry leads 5-3 but Carter finished the session much better and had he not have started so poorly he could well be leading going into tonight. Hendry only won 1 frame in 1 visit which would show that his game is not all there whereas Ali had 2 centuries. If Hendry doesn't improve I can see Carter turning that one around. Ladbrokes and Stan James go 5/1 on Carter winning from here.
Davis held Doherty but Carter lost 9-7 having wasted several good chances in earlier frames. I can't see either of tomorrow's 1/4 finals being all that close, certainly not 9-8 anyway so I'm going to do this double at Bet365. 20 pts D.Junhui (-1.5) to beat N.Robertson 5/6 S.Bingham (-1.5) to beat J.Perry 5/6

Re: UK Snooker Championships I opened a binary spreadbet on Bingham to beat Perry fueled in part by the positive early sentiment on this board in his favour. Also I have never seen Perry play well so I thought it was a fair shout. 8 frames later and I have closed it out for a loss. Bingham played like a journeyman and I could not get to the sell button quickly enough. His long game was poor, safety even worse and when he was among the balls his positional play was simply rubbish.

I opened a binary spreadbet on Bingham to beat Perry fueled in part by the positive early sentiment on this board in his favour. Also I have never seen Perry play well so I thought it was a fair shout. 8 frames later and I have closed it out for a loss. Bingham played like a journeyman and I could not get to the sell button quickly enough. His long game was poor, safety even worse and when he was among the balls his positional play was simply rubbish.
To be fair everyone is going to have a bad session at some point. You can't go through a 2 week long tournament without having one. Perhaps this afternoon was Bingham's. The hype on him is fully justified in my opinion, look at his recent form, I think he's won something like 19 in his last 20, has qualified for the Masters by winning the qualifying tournament and in doing so hit a 147 in the earlier rounds of that tournament. If that wasn't enough he spanked Matthew Stevens 9-3 in this very tournament! I still believe he'll win tonight and I still think my double posted above will come in too.

Re: UK Snooker Championships Not so much of a surprise as everyone is making out, Paul. Davis has been awesome this week, don't know if you've seen much of him. He seems better this week than I can remember, even in the 80s. On the other hand, Hendry has struggled all week, nearly went out to Wattana and was dodgy against Carter. Just can't keep his concentration and his break building is most un Hendry like. Anyone who saw him capitulate in the Premier League final last week will have seen a player out of form and short of confidence. Just gutted I didn't take Davis +3.5 as I was considering, as I would have been counting my money by now. Blue Square were offering 4/6 Davis when he was 5-1 up though. Madness.

Re: UK Snooker Championships You have to hand it to steve the guy is a pure legend.No matter who he comes up against,no matter how much more talent they have he can take them on and take care of them. I almost fainted when i seen the score with Hendry. I always remember one tourney i had a bet on ronnie to win from the start he was 7/1 and he went 7 and then 8-1 up in the final and interesting still won it 9-8.He just played with him and took the piss.Scoring 22 or so and playing safe and winning frame after frame. Yes i was pissed off when i lost but i dont mind saying the mans a legend.I hope he wins it to be honest.

Re: UK Snooker Championships Steve Davis OBE vs Ding Junhui the little young guy is on streak , a very hot streak if u ask me. steve davis didn`t won , stephen hendry LOST ! believe me. i am a lot in snooker , and especially a BIG FAN of STEPHEN HENDRY ! and i h8 ronnie ( too macho grande , bored of snooker - gl to him at pool :lol) it just wasn`t his day , and when he woke up it was TOO LATE !

i am a lot in snooker
A lot of what? Not a lot to separate 'em. Junhui wins, it raises the profile of snooker a bit more in China. Davis wins, he's holding back the years (thinking of the fear I’ve had for so long....it's a 50/50 match-up which it isn't). Watching the webcats, Ding Junhui was fortunate enough to get past an inept Joe Perry. It's a match-up that even betting in-running probably won't solve. :eyes

Steve Davis OBE vs Ding Junhui the little young guy is on streak , a very hot streak if u ask me. steve davis didn`t won , stephen hendry LOST ! believe me. i am a lot in snooker , and especially a BIG FAN of STEPHEN HENDRY ! and i h8 ronnie ( too macho grande , bored of snooker - gl to him at pool :lol) it just wasn`t his day , and when he woke up it was TOO LATE !
What a load of pap! Hendry wasn't allowed to get going because SD frustrated him by giving him no chances at all, that made Hendry go for things he shouldn't have and by half time it was game over. As for tomorrow's final, my money will be on the Nugget. Whilst Ding has scored fairly well in the tournament so far he has also wasted a lot of chances too, especially against Robertson and Perry. He won't get that many chances against Davis so he'll have to make the most of those he does have. Also Ding gives a lot of chances to his opponents and the way Davis is scoring he may well make the most of them. I'm not sure how much this will be a factor but it will be the biggest match of Ding's young career so he may be nervous to begin with whereas Davis has seen it all and done it all in his career. As if that wasn't enough Davis beat Ding 4-2 on the last league night of the Premier League! 10pts S.Davis to beat D.Junhui 7/4 at Paddy Power

10pts S.Davis to beat D.Junhui 7/4 at Paddy Power
Thinking strictly about the odds, Davis seems to be way overpriced, yoou get such a price in tennis for pretty uneven match-up not the ones similar to tomorrow's final. It may also pay off to lay back some of the stake in-running or do the "straddling" as I expect an up-and-down affair.;)

Re: UK Snooker Championships Bitza, post sense please not rubbish. ;) Davis is overpriced for a couple of reasons. 1. He's playing the best snooker of his career, make no mistake, this Davis is better than the 80's robot. Pockets are tighter than ever before and Davis is scoring just as well as he used to, although this part of his game will need to be good tommorrow. 2. If he draws Ding into a tactical affair, Ding could well be all over the shop. There is nobody tactically more sound than Steve Davis, this alone makes him very dangerous. I agree Ding is favourite, but it's more like 1.72 and 2.00 in my opinion. Just look who Davis has beaten and in the manner he beat them, big leads and then the shitload of pressure that comes upon you when your opponent fights back from nowhere, better players would have cracked I can assure you. Ding is still very hit and miss, but a great talent - it's a very interesting match up. ;)

Bitza, post sense please not rubbish. ;) Davis is overpriced for a couple of reasons. 1. He's playing the best snooker of his career, make no mistake, this Davis is better than the 80's robot. Pockets are tighter than ever before and Davis is scoring just as well as he used to, although this part of his game will need to be good tommorrow. 2. If he draws Ding into a tactical affair, Ding could well be all over the shop. There is nobody tactically more sound than Steve Davis, this alone makes him very dangerous. I agree Ding is favourite, but it's more like 1.72 and 2.00 in my opinion. Just look who Davis has beaten and in the manner he beat them, big leads and then the shitload of pressure that comes upon you when your opponent fights back from nowhere, better players would have cracked I can assure you. Ding is still very hit and miss, but a great talent - it's a very interesting match up. ;)
I agree entirely Paul. I think SD will wrap Ding up into a tactical battle the like of which he'll have never witnessed before and then when the openings come along pinch the 30-40 available and tie him up again. I'm interested in your comments re SD and his best form ever. Is that true? I'm only 23 so never saw him at his peak. Is this weeks SD really better than the all conquering one? I must admit the 10-12 years I've followed snooker I've not seen him play like this but I always assumed he was better back in his day.

Re: UK Snooker Championships When you get first time meetings like this I think you always have to take experiance over youth and promise. Davis will use all his nouse today and I expect to be able to beat Ding over this length with a long drawn out match. Odds agaisnt screams value for me on the nugget.

Re: UK Snooker Championships hi last night i was sure that Ding will win , but i had a dream and changed my prediction , so i bet on Davis ,i am sure that experience will win this game...:zzz sorry about the post , just only my opinion , i will be more careful in the future at what i will post...:$ GL Steve Davis OBE !!! :ok:notworthy

Well done to Ding, just wish he would smile more. :lol
Even the commentators (Czech version of Eurosport) were pretty amazed he even smiled after winning when waiting for the ceremony;) Anyway, as much as I wanted Davis to win, this young guy didn't show any weak spot until a couple of error in the last frame and immediately punished any error by Davis - deserved it for sure:)