UK Snooker Championships

Re: UK Snooker Championships

Saturday 10 December 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifBond v Murphy (12:00 GMT)6.001.20sp.gif100%
sp.gifKing v O'Sullivan (12:00 GMT)9.801.12sp.gif100%
sp.gifHendry v Wattana (15:00 GMT)1.225.80sp.gif100%
sp.gifMaguire v Swail (15:00 GMT)1.552.78sp.gif101%
sp.gifSunday 11 December 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifCarter v Ebdon (15:00 GMT)2.052.00sp.gif99%
sp.gifBingham v Davis (19:00 GMT)1.363.75sp.gif100%
sp.gifDoherty v Higgins (19:00 GMT)3.951.33sp.gif101%

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UK Snooker Championships 3 for the outright market: J.Higgins @ 5.80 (Betfair) J.Higgins has just beaten G.Greene 9-3 and I fully expect him to reach the last 16 by beating K.Doherty who just edged past M.Fu 9-8. M.Williams @ 18 (Betfair) M.Williams has just beaten M.Holt 9-2 and will probably beat S.Hendry in the last 16. If that happens then I'll be looking to lay half of my bet (depending on the odds). S.Bingham @ 36 (Betfair) S.Bingham could be a dark horse here. He's just beaten M.Stevens 9-3, and if M.King could somehow upset R.O'Sullivan then Bingham's odds would surely tumble from 36?

King is never a 9.20 shot but Ronnie does look in geat form at present. King is also playing very well, and may run Ronnie a lot closer than people think.
:sad :sad Well, if I'm honest I thought he was overpriced but didn't fancy him to beat Ronnie. Bingham's half is opening up and he could well go all the way if he keeps his game up. ;)

3 for the outright market: J.Higgins @ 5.80 (Betfair) J.Higgins has just beaten G.Greene 9-3 and I fully expect him to reach the last 16 by beating K.Doherty who just edged past M.Fu 9-8. M.Williams @ 18 (Betfair) M.Williams has just beaten M.Holt 9-2 and will probably beat S.Hendry in the last 16. If that happens then I'll be looking to lay half of my bet (depending on the odds). S.Bingham @ 36 (Betfair) S.Bingham could be a dark horse here. He's just beaten M.Stevens 9-3, and if M.King could somehow upset R.O'Sullivan then Bingham's odds would surely tumble from 36?
You're looking good here Paul. Hendrys down 5-3 and O'Sullivans gone so Bingham's price looks huge:clap

You're looking good here Paul. Hendrys down 5-3 and O'Sullivans gone so Bingham's price looks huge:clap
I'm just not sure when to lay Bingham. I'll probably end up laying the bet bit by bit. The prices for Higgins and Williams are also going down so I could do well here.:hope O'Sullivan loosing against King has really livened up the outright market:ok .

Re: UK Snooker Championships Ebdon v Carter is an interesting one isn't it? Currently 4-4 and most places go 1.83 the pair, although Stan James go 2.00 on Carter. Carter went 4-0 up before Ebdon hit back. Surely this has to give a mental edge to Ebdon, Carter looked really dijected (sp?) towards the end of the first session. Also, you know you're going to get a fight with Edbdon, even though he may not be playing that fluently. Not sure if Ebdon is worth a pop here, what do you guys think?

Re: UK Snooker Championships Hi Lads Pity ive only just noticed this thread as I love betting on the snooker. Im currently enjoying betting frame by frame using betfair and making a decent profit from it. If I was too tip the winner at this stage I'd say "On Fire" Stephen Maguire :lol at around 7/1. Anyway just out of interest what is everyones way of making profits from the snooker?, do you bet frame by frame or just bet on individual matches?

Anyone any views on Williams to beat Hendry @11/8 ? It looks slighty overpriced to me but i must admitt i dont keep up with snooker so maybe Williams is well out of form.
Williams HAS been horrendously out of form. He's down to something like 22 in the provisional ranking I think. However, he took care of Hitman Holt pretty well so perhaps he could be getting back into a bit of form? Also Hendry looked shite for most of the match against Wattana, but then was able to turn it on when it was needed. Can't decide at all of this match, me thinks best to wait till after the first session.

Re: UK Snooker Championships I feel the Williams-Hendry match will be a trading paradise for punters at the exchanges - as Hendry conceded after the Wattana match, it did take 'his backs against the wall' before he got going and much as Williams hasn't been in form(although I don't think his form is anywhere near as bad as he was earlier in the year), I can't see Hendry thumping him either. That said, I'd personally still fancy Hendry to get through although I can't say the value is very much with the Scotsman. That said, I've got to go with those who think Ebdon represents some value to see off Carter - while Ebdon can be a mug at times and play like a fcuking moron who'd put amateurs to shame, he's also well capable of grinding out matches when the need arises and he's certainly done that many a time over the years(can't see how else he won his world title anyway :lol ). I think that side of his game(which became such a big talking point again when he beat O'Sullivan at the World Championships), coupled with his experience in big situations, will help him through against Carter even though he isn't as good a break-builder as Carter. Probably throw in Bingham(1.03) and Higgins(1.36) for a treble that fetches 2.56. ;)

Re: UK Snooker Championships Well it went tits up yesterday didn't it?:$ Today I fancy King and Murphy. King was good against Ronnie, even though Ronnie couldn't be arsed. His safety play was surprising good and he potted some good balls. The normal theory is to say; will he be able to back it up after the big win? I think King is the type of character who will be able to back it up. Not too sure about Perry, decent win from behind against Hawkins but when was the last time he put together some good results? I know a few people fancy Robertson today, but I'm willing to go against. I know Robertson won the last two meeting by one frame but I feel the longer format must suit Murphy. I forgot who Murphy played in the last round but I thought he was pretty good:$ . Double pays 2.62 at WillHill:ok.

Re: UK Snooker Championships Davis rolls back the years and hits a 145 in the process, stunning.

Wednesday 14 December 2005
sp.gifCarter v Hendry (13:30 GMT)3.751.33sp.gif102%
sp.gifDavis v Doherty (13:30 GMT)2.901.50sp.gif102%

Re: UK Snooker Championships He was incredible Paul, have to hand it to him what a performance. :clap Cant believe how bad Shaun Murphy was today, when he plays like that you wonder how on earth he won the worlds :( Ding should beat Neil Robertson, I didnt think he was that good at all. :( Hard to see past Hendry for me at the minute, looks almost back to his best

Re: UK Snooker Championships It's hard to judge how Davis will react to playing like that. As a snooker player, you think there is no reason why you won't play like that the next day, but Davis is approaching 50, so it's difficult to weigh up. I will say this though. Davis has never played that well or that fluently for years.

It's hard to judge how Davis will react to playing like that. As a snooker player, you think there is no reason why you won't play like that the next day, but Davis is approaching 50, so it's difficult to weigh up. I will say this though. Davis has never played that well or that fluently for years.
I agree, I reckon that's the best he's played since he won the Masters in 1998. I guess the thing that could be in his favour is that Doherty is in inconsistent form right now too so no-one really knows how he's going to react to his excellent win against Higgins. I personally reckon that both Davis and Carter are big prices tomorrow.

Re: UK Snooker Championships Yeah Murphy was poor Matt. Well, he wasn't actually, it was his concentration that seemed poor to me, he was still potting the silly balls but missing easy ones and a few loose shots. Form doesn't count for much in snooker anymore, people may disagree with that, but to me each match should be looked at without looking too far back at previous matches. I fancy Bingham to carry on his winning run against Perry, probably around the 1.60 mark though.

Yeah Murphy was poor Matt. Well, he wasn't actually, it was his concentration that seemed poor to me, he was still potting the silly balls but missing easy ones and a few loose shots. Form doesn't count for much in snooker anymore, people may disagree with that, but to me each match should be looked at without looking too far back at previous matches. I fancy Bingham to carry on his winning run against Perry, probably around the 1.60 mark though.
I agree with you there, anyone is capable of beating anyone on their day these days. I tend to look at head to heads more than recent form. Head to heads is one reason why I think Carter is a big price tomorrow.

I fancy Bingham to carry on his winning run against Perry, probably around the 1.60 mark though
Wouldnt disagree with that at all, was only flicking over to his match with King but it seems Mark completely lost the plot and even when Joe was missing chances in the balls he still seem to be getting away with it. 1.60 would do just fine :)

Wouldnt disagree with that at all, was only flicking over to his match with King but it seems Mark completely lost the plot and even when Joe was missing chances in the balls he still seem to be getting away with it. 1.60 would do just fine :)
Stan James have priced both Ding and Bingham at 8/13 for their quarter finals. That looks a tasty double to me.