UK Snooker Championships

Re: UK Snooker Championships LSL, Ronnie is funny to watch in practice, left right left, I'm sure you know what I mean! :lol The in running frame betting odds on betfair are incredible at times I agree. I won a bucketload on a very similar frame that you mention earlier. As for my snooker tips this year, well they are running at a loss. Had a lot of 5-4's at big prices go against me, but that's life. :) As for what does Carter lack? I don't think he lacks anything, bar a good quality safety game. I think it's more he's been found out and that he's no longer this new kid nobody knows.

I also fancy Ali Carter to do some damage in the top half of the draw. Lots of big names in that half of the draw but not many of them are in good form based on their Premier League showings.
Whatever you do, do not take any notice of the premier league, nobody gives a flying fcuk about it - it is certainly no basis of form as Marco Fu's record in that compared to ranking tournys shows. Blimey you guys have been busy, I'll come back to the rest in a few mins.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UK Snooker Championships

Whatever you do, do not take any notice of the premier league, nobody gives a flying fcuk about it - it is certainly no basis of form as Marco Fu's record in that compared to ranking tournys shows. Blimey you guys have been busy, I'll come back to the rest in a few mins.
Until the format of the Premier League changed I wouldn't have given even a seconds thought about Premier League form but now I believe that it is one of the players favourite tournaments. They get the chance to play in front of packed crowds for £1,000 a frame. That's incentive enough to play well. The prize money is the 4th highest in the calendar behind the Worlds, UK and Masters so I think they now take it seriously especially with the lack of ranking events this season. You only have to look at how disappointed Murphy was at not making the playoffs to see how important it is now seen.

Jamie Burnett 11/8 to beat Paul Hunter who with the best will in the World can't have his mind on his snooker
I have to disagree. Paul is a very tough cookie and I personally will be surprised to see Burnett beat him. Burnett is a good player, but lacks self belief bigtime imo. He gets the odd result and then lets himself down, but I'm not in great form so don't let me persuade you otherwise if you fancy it. ;) Walden is a superb talent, a bit raw at times, but he's getting there now. Judd Trump has learned that talent is everything, you need a bit more than that, but he will come along in a couple of years too.
I'm also not so sure that Gerard Greene is a 4/1 shot to beat Higgins. I know Higgins was excellent in the Grand Prix but this is a different day. What do you think?
Certainly overpriced Kev for sure. Greene is playing very well this season, but Higgins has been superb at times this season, but has he got his consistency back?

I have to disagree. Paul is a very tough cookie and I personally will be surprised to see Burnett beat him. Burnett is a good player, but lacks self belief bigtime imo. He gets the odd result and then lets himself down, but I'm not in great form so don't let me persuade you otherwise if you fancy it. ;) Walden is a superb talent, a bit raw at times, but he's getting there now. Judd Trump has learned that talent is everything, you need a bit more than that, but he will come along in a couple of years too. Certainly overpriced Kev for sure. Greene is playing very well this season, but Higgins has been superb at times this season, but has he got his consistency back?
I'll sleep on the Burnett match I think. To be honest I'm a big Hunter fan and don't like betting against him but if his mind isn't on the snooker he'll get beat I think. Greene is certainly overpriced. I think it's well worth a small stake interest. Higgins is bound to be a little bit rusty. Would have been nice had Quinten turned up so that Greene could have had a match already but it wasn't to be. Greene may not win but he shouldn't be priced more than 5/2 imo.

Re: UK Snooker Championships Latest Prices:

Wednesday 7 December 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifBond v Harold (10:00 GMT)2.281.68sp.gif104%
sp.gifBurnett v Hunter (10:00 GMT)2.371.65sp.gif103%
sp.gifDale v Ebdon (10:00 GMT)2.621.57sp.gif102%
sp.gifDoherty v Fu (10:00 GMT)1.572.75sp.gif100%
sp.gifGreene v Higgins (10:00 GMT)4.501.25sp.gif103%
sp.gifCarter v McManus (14:30 GMT)1.722.25sp.gif103%

Just been looking at the draw in more detail and I think both Walden and Bingham could do some serious damage in this tourny' date=' time will tell, but I hope to get a decent price on Bingham to beat Stevens. ;)[/quote'] It would appear 6/4 is the best price you can get on Bingham.

Re: UK Snooker Championships Well Walden crashed out 9-8 after leading, but I still think Bingham can do some damage. 2.62 seems the best price available @ Totesport I'll be having a bet on Bingham anyway, he's in great form and seems to have got rid of his personal problems. He also knocked in a 147 in winning a wildcard event to the Masters at Wembley in February. :ok 10pts Bingham to beat Stevens @ 2.62 Totesport

Re: UK Snooker Championships Im going to have to go against the trend here : The Bookies have shortened Bingham by the looks of it, im sure theres plenty of smart money going on him today. I still fancy Stevens and hes probably just about backable today at 1.57. Its common knowledge he appreciates the longer format, im sure he'll be looking for a big tournament and expect him to shake off Bingham in what will be a close encounter. I promised myself that id start backing McManus this year. He seemed rejuvenated the last time I saw him and Im having a big single on him to beat Carter who may just wilt with all the expectation on his shoulders. 20 Point win McManus to beat Carter @ 2.25 20 Point win Stevens to beat Bingham @ 1.57 10 Point win double @ 3.53 LSL

10pts Hunter to beat Burnett @ 3.40! Betfair :eek :eek Hunter is 5-3 down, but 3.40????? What the hell is going on? The frames have been scrappy, but Burnett is known for struggling to get over the winning line and this match has a long way to go yet. A massive overreaction by the layers.
I'll go along with that aswell:ok.

10pts Hunter to beat Burnett @ 3.40! Betfair :eek :eek Hunter is 5-3 down, but 3.40????? What the hell is going on? The frames have been scrappy, but Burnett is known for struggling to get over the winning line and this match has a long way to go yet. A massive overreaction by the layers.
Nice shout Paul, 9-8 Hunter!:ok

Thanks for that Paul:ok.

Re: UK Snooker Championships Currently it's S.Davis 5-3 M.Allen. I'm thinking about backing M.Allen @ 3.1 (Betfair). He was a short price favourite before the match and 2 frames isn't a very big lead for Davis (a player long past his peak). The thing is, I've no idea who M.Allen is:unsure. Is he capable of beating Davis? Hopefully some of you experts can help me out here:ok .

Re: UK Snooker Championships Currently it's M.Davis 5-3 G.Dott. I think Dott @ 3.05 (Betfair) is also a capable of a comeback. I don't know much about M.Davis, but Dott is an impressive player who I'm happy to back. Once again, opinions on M.Davis appreciated:ok .

Currently it's M.Davis 5-3 G.Dott. I think Dott @ 3.05 (Betfair) is also a capable of a comeback. I don't know much about M.Davis, but Dott is an impressive player who I'm happy to back. Once again, opinions on M.Davis appreciated:ok .
Unlucky there Paul. :( Top tipping again Mr Ross! Good to see you coming into form again. Cheers Pobby. :)

Saturday 10 December 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifBond v Murphy (12:00 GMT)5.501.20sp.gif102%
sp.gifKing v O'Sullivan (12:00 GMT)9.201.12sp.gif100%
sp.gifHendry v Wattana (15:00 GMT)1.225.80sp.gif100%
sp.gifMaguire v Swail (15:00 GMT)1.532.75sp.gif102%
sp.gifSunday 11 December 2005
sp.gifCarter v Ebdon (15:00 GMT)2.051.85sp.gif103%
sp.gifBingham v Davis (19:00 GMT)1.363.75sp.gif100%
sp.gifDoherty v Higgins (19:00 GMT)3.851.33sp.gif102%

Re: UK Snooker Championships King is never a 9.20 shot but Ronnie does look in geat form at present. King is also playing very well, and may run Ronnie a lot closer than people think. Bingham is 1.36. :( I was thinking he would be about 1.50 but he's unbackable at this price, even though I believe he will win. :ok Swail is also in good nick at present, although a fully charged Maguire would beat him imo, but is this an on form Maguire? If not, 2.75 would be generous. Not too keen on playing anything as yet, but I may come back. ;)

King is never a 9.20 shot but Ronnie does look in geat form at present. King is also playing very well, and may run Ronnie a lot closer than people think. Bingham is 1.36. :( I was thinking he would be about 1.50 but he's unbackable at this price, even though I believe he will win. :ok Swail is also in good nick at present, although a fully charged Maguire would beat him imo, but is this an on form Maguire? If not, 2.75 would be generous. Not too keen on playing anything as yet, but I may come back. ;)
Maguire isn't in good form at all I don't think. He was awful in the Premier League and lost to Michael Judge without putting up much opposition in the Grand Prix. To make it worse for the lad Willie Thorne's giving him words of wisdom :lol I reckon Swail would have a chance against Maguire even if Maguire was playing well so 2.75 is a decent price and I'll be having a bit of that. I agree with you. Mark King is a big price, I don't think he'll win the match but he's 1.75 on betfair to win with a 4.5 frame start. Although it's not the greatest price, I do think he'll win 5 frames. I guess Matthew Stevens coming out and saying Bingham is playing well enough to win the whole thing hasn't helped Bingham's price. Had Davis won 9-4 then Bingham's price might have been better too. I hope he wins and O'Sullivan can beat Mark King and Joe Perry because that would set up a fantastic quarter final.