UK Snooker Championships

Monday 5 December 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifBurnett v McCulloch (10:00 GMT)3.501.40sp.gif100%
sp.gifCarter v Cope (10:00 GMT)1.662.40sp.gif102%
sp.gifDale v Pinches (10:00 GMT)2.251.73sp.gif103%
sp.gifFu v Judge (10:00 GMT)2.201.85sp.gif100%
sp.gifGreene v Hann (10:00 GMT)1.453.00sp.gif103%
sp.gifBingham v Milkins (14:30 GMT)1.582.75sp.gif100%
sp.gifDavis v Parrott (14:30 GMT)1.832.20sp.gif100%
sp.gifHamilton v Junhui (14:30 GMT)2.901.53sp.gif100%
sp.gifHawkins v Pettman (14:30 GMT)1.333.80sp.gif102%
sp.gifMcLeod v Robertson (14:30 GMT)3.401.44sp.gif99%
sp.gifTuesday 6 December 2005
Player 1Player 2bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifAllen v Gray (10:00 GMT)2.051.92sp.gif101%
sp.gifDay v King (10:00 GMT)1.832.20sp.gif101%
sp.gifHenry v Wattana (10:00 GMT)1.852.12sp.gif102%
sp.gifHicks v Swail (10:00 GMT)2.621.60sp.gif101%
sp.gifHolt v Walden (10:00 GMT)2.001.95sp.gif102%
sp.gifWednesday 7 December 2005
sp.gifBond v Harold (10:00 GMT)2.281.74sp.gif102%

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UK Snooker Championships I hear Cope to beat Carter has been quite popular, not too sure though don't know too much about snooker to be honest and can't see any 2.62 available now, best priced at 2.5 to my reckoning, is there anybody in the know who may be able to shed some light on this?:hope

Re: UK Snooker Championships To be honest, these Monday matches looked very tight to me at first glance and they still do. I feel the bookies have them priced up amazingly well and there are so many question marks against certain players and inconsistency form wise. The only real value I can see is Rory Mcleod to beat Neil Robertson. Rory is playing very well at present, but Robertson is a tough draw, 3.40 is overpriced but probably not by too much. No bets for me Monday and I have updated the prices above. ;)

Re: UK Snooker Championships Currently it's A.Hamilton 3-5 D.Junhui I'm going to have a small nibble at Gamebookers' Hamilton @ 5.30. He's only 2 frames behind, he's experienced, and he's a decent player. Of course, he'll probably lose the remaining frames now.....:\.

Re: UK Snooker Championships Morning, Hamilton is capable of turning over a 5 - 3 deficit against Ding, was also thinking he was overpriced and have already layed Ding at 1.13 on Betfair. Just a general observation I made at the start of this tourney. Bookies have grasped onto the fact that a few players in particular are threatening to join the elite. A few names are starting to realise there potential which is no shock to those who are knowledgeable on the sport. Paul for example would oalways have a dabble on Hawkins/MaGuire a few seasons ago at long odds - now they are knocking on the door regularly. Still, we can use this to good effect in my opinion - just in a reverse effect. Hawkins and Robertson were big odds on shouts for there first round matches at the UK. Now people might disagree with me but although id pick them both to win id rather oppose them in the betting. Anyone who layed Hawkins at 1.3 before the off would be more than pleased with a 4-4 scoreline now. And anyone who did the same with Robertson @ 1.5 ish would also fancy a run for there money. Basically, great players that they are - they still havent won a ranking event and its tough mentally going into a game being such an overwhelming favourite - especially when theyve spent a long time being an underdog - especially in the 1st round of UK's! Pettman and McCleod are no mugs, they are good pros. My bets of the first round was a LAY on Hawkins/Robertson and at 4 frames a piece in both matches. Suprisingly - you can still lay them at odds on and although I justify them as favourite - no where near 1/2 shots. Look forward to everyones posts over the rest of the tourney. Walrus

Re: UK Snooker Championships Great post LSL. :ok You have it pretty much in a nutshell, you also seem to have the mentality of a snooker player summed up - you a player yourself? Hawkins etc... do now have a completely different pressure and unfortunately the value is long gone with backing these players. Pettman was a machine a long time ago and feared like not many other snooker players on the Pro-Am circuit, but he clearly doesn't have the self belief or he would have done much more damage than he has currently. Rory can beat Robertson but it will be tough. I know Rory through a friend of mine, and he's very proud of being the first black player to be on tv. He is a tough cookie and mentally very strong, and very talented - he lacks something, I think it might be that extra gear, not entirely sure though, just something missing as good as he is. It's all very tight looking in the first round, so I'm not getting involved just yet. ;)

Re: UK Snooker Championships Hi Paul, Just a lover of the game and used to play frequently when I was younger. Ronnie O Sullivan practices down my local snooker hall now, dont know why I say that just thought id share that with you! Ive always found Snooker an intriguing spectacle when it comes to betting. How they price up some of the games is beyond belief and when I look at my betfair account - ive made more profit trading snooker than any other sport. I do believe I have an eye for a player. I remember reading one of your posts and you picked out players that would never win a ranking event - even though they were in the top 16.....Quinten Hann for example. As we speak it looks like Robertson and Hawkins are taking the opening frame of todays session. No doubt thye will now be trading at a price much shorter than 1.5...... LSL

Re: UK Snooker Championships Another thing Id point out Paul is frame betting. The amount of times in the World championship I made a killing where people just dont know there snooker! For example. Ronnies opponent (cant remember who it was hit a 50 odd break and missed, leaving Ronnie amongst them) Ronnie mops up the most the reds and becomes 1/10 on to win the frame (1.1) Now the green is on the side cushion just above the middle pocket and he needs it to win the frame? You and me both no the amount of things that can go wrong. Could miss the cannon, the cannon could go wrong, he could drop in behind (Is rolling the green in deadweight down the cushion a 1/10 shot? Especially if your playing at pace to get on the brown half decent). I personally look for moments like this regualrly and Lay at short odds looking for a mistake to be made. Like I said. Punters get ahead of them selves on Betfair/ Hawkins or Robertson will go 2 clear and then drop down to 1.15 on the exchanges, I dont think this is a fair price for backers and favours a lay. LSL

Re: UK Snooker Championships Anyone got any thoughts on the outright? At first glance, the top quarter looks very tough. Hendry has a decent quarter. O'Sullivan has a potential quarter with Stevens. Bottom quarter looks the easiest, but with potential semi against O'Sullivan/Stevens would any decent rading opportunities arise?

Best of 17 Frames
49Andy Hicks0
Joe Swail0
50David Gray0
Mark Allen0
51Marco Fu (w)9
Michael Judge6
52Quinten Hann0
Gerard Greene (w)9
53Barry Pinches3
Dominic Dale (w)9
54Allister Carter9
Jamie Cope3
55Michael Holt0
Ricky Walden0
56James Wattana0
Drew Henry0
57Mark King0
Ryan Day0
58Barry Hawkins0
Stuart Pettman0
59John Parrott0
Mark Davis0
60Robert Milkins0
Stuart Bingham0
61Ian McCulloch7
Jamie Burnett (w)9
62Anthony Hamilton0
Ding Junhui0
63Neil Robertson0
Rory McLeod0
64Nigel Bond0
Dave Harold0
2 Best of 17 Frames
65Stephen Maguire0
Winner match 490
66Steve Davis0
Winner match 500
67Ken Doherty0
Marco Fu0
68John Higgins0
Gerard Greene0
69Peter Ebdon0
Dominic Dale0
70Alan McManus0
Allister Carter0
71Mark Williams0
Winner match 550
72Stephen Hendry0
Winner match 560
73Ronnie O'Sullivan0
Winner match 570
74Joe Perry0
Winner match 580
75Graeme Dott0
Winner match 590
76Matthew Stevens0
Winner match 600
77Paul Hunter0
Jamie Burnett0
78Jimmy White0
Winner match 620
79Stephen Lee0
Winner match 630
80Shaun Murphy0
Winner match 640
3 Best of 17 Frames
81Winner match 650
Winner match 660
82Winner match 670
Winner match 680
83Winner match 690
Winner match 700
84Winner match 710
Winner match 720
85Winner match 730
Winner match 740
86Winner match 750
Winner match 760
87Winner match 770
Winner match 780
88Winner match 790
Winner match 800
Quarter-finals Best of 17 Frames
QF1Winner match 810
Winner match 820
QF2Winner match 830
Winner match 840
QF3Winner match 850
Winner match 860
QF4Winner match 870
Winner match 880
Semi-finals Best of 17 Frames
SF1Winner match QF10
Winner match QF20
SF2Winner match QF30
Winner match QF40
Final Best of 19 Frames
FWinner match SF10
Winner match SF20
wewe(w) = Winner of Match

Re: UK Snooker Championships Given the form he was in last weekend someone is going to have to play exceptionally well to send O'Sullivan packing but that bottom quarter simply has to be a match between Murphy and Ding. At the prices Ding would probably be best backing. I also fancy Ali Carter to do some damage in the top half of the draw. Lots of big names in that half of the draw but not many of them are in good form based on their Premier League showings.

Re: UK Snooker Championships Carter just hasnt done enough for me over the last few seasons, not sure what the fella lacks but he certainly hasnt made strides like I thought he would. I think McManus is good value there to be honest. He had his best season for a while last year and started to show some belief/confidence just when the season was coming to a close. Positionally he is a tad suspect but ill be laying Carter in running probably. Hes Quite a fast starter and if he wins the first session 3-1 ill be looking to lay at tasty odds. Hawkins Showed his class against Pettman in the end - had to much for him when he got in the balls. McCleod is putting up a brave fight, Robertson is a bit jittery when trying to get over the line! Finely poised at 7 - 7!! LSL

Re: UK Snooker Championships Carter made the 1/4 finals in this last year before being beaten by Joe Perry. I think the longer matches might well suit him and his run to the final of the Masters qualifying tournament and the way he dealt with a potentially dangerous opponent in round 1 suggests he's in good nick and his section of the draw isn't the worst. I agree he's yet to fulfil his talent and it is difficult to see why not. He definitely has the game to win a tournament it's just putting it all together for a whole week. Having said that look at Murphy, it took him a good 5 years to get anywhere in the game and then he goes and wins the World Championships!!

Re: UK Snooker Championships I can see where your coming from Kev. Ive personally got a few players that I like opposing and unfortunately Carter is one of them. I remember thinking that Wattana was a good bet against him (possibly a final qualifier for the worlds) and he got spanked 9-0! To say I never had one chance to lay him off is an understatement! I agree that the longer format is probably in his favour, but its the same with McManus who had a good run in the worlds this April. Its a close call but again, id price this up just in Carters favour, hes no 8/13 shot in my book.

Re: UK Snooker Championships True, he's definitely not an 8/13 shot. Angles does worry me a bit, you never know when you are going to catch him hot these days! No doubt he's a very capable player still though. Hopefully if Carter produces his recent form that will be enough to see him through. It won't be a walkover though I don't think. There are certain players that I follow at big prices in the hope that they go in at a big price. I know as a gambler you shouldn't really have them but I guess we all do! In recent seasons I've had Ding, McCulloch, Gray and Jimmy White go in or reach finals at big prices. Having backed Carter for the last year or so I feel I've got to keep backing him in case he goes in this time! Gerard Greene and Ricky Walden are 2 more that I've started following! I'm toying over a couple of tomorrow's matches. Jamie Burnett 11/8 to beat Paul Hunter who with the best will in the World can't have his mind on his snooker and Dominic Dale 13/8 to beat Peter Ebdon. I'm hoping the match that Dale has had will make a difference in that one. I'm also not so sure that Gerard Greene is a 4/1 shot to beat Higgins. I know Higgins was excellent in the Grand Prix but this is a different day. What do you think?

Re: UK Snooker Championships My days of backing Gray are over - I looked past him for the Scottish open a few years back when he one - I remember hovering over the 150/1 button at SportingOdds then didnt go for it. :-( Ricky Walden is an interesting one, maybe Paul can tell us more but Ive liked what ive seen of this Kid. Gerard Greene - not to sure he has the ability to durability to beat Higgins in a race to 9, id swerve from that one or play at very small stakes! Im with you on Burnett to beat Hunter - I think thats a great price and will monitoring that one. Ebdon also looks vulnerable, will post tomorrow as ive a train to catch! All the best Lsl

Re: UK Snooker Championships

Currently it's A.Hamilton 3-5 D.Junhui I'm going to have a small nibble at Gamebookers' Hamilton @ 5.30. He's only 2 frames behind, he's experienced, and he's a decent player. Of course, he'll probably lose the remaining frames now.....:\.
Junhui wins 9-3. I was spot on with my comment:
Of course, he'll probably lose the remaining frames now....
;)